Gloomy art [NEW ART 2019! see page 4]

sup everyone, gloom here!
my thread was a complete mess, deleted images, etc etc. reworked the whole thing, so pardon the confusion regarding comments. took out art from before 2015 and most non-poké art unless i'm proud of it.

i'm a 23 year old student, living in amsterdam. currently i'm already 25 and still studying! gotta love it.
i've loved drawing and pokemon for as long as i can remember, golden combi right?

i use a wacom intuos tablet and SAI, and occasionally photoshop for editting. ENJOY!

2018 to 2019:
will add soon!

2015 to 2017:
2015 - 2016

Last edited:
I agree with srinator, the Quilfish is really good; the painting on that one is fantastic. I love your simpler mons like the Chikorita, Sandshrew, and Kecleon. You said that you were getting lazy, but I actually think that the design has a good knowledge of form and style while still maintaining the integrity of the Pokemon. Also really like your people, I see I have a kindred spirit who likes drawing cute girls lol. I'd love to see more sometime 8]

Pent

dumb broad
These all look great, I really enjoy the shiny Clefairy because of the lighting and shading you did to it. And the Gloom actually looks kinda cute. Great job and keep up the good work!

That qwilfish is amazing, actually all your art is pretty amazing (that hypno tho!)
Lol that gloom tho!
I agree with srinator, the Quilfish is really good; the painting on that one is fantastic. I love your simpler mons like the Chikorita, Sandshrew, and Kecleon. You said that you were getting lazy, but I actually think that the design has a good knowledge of form and style while still maintaining the integrity of the Pokemon. Also really like your people, I see I have a kindred spirit who likes drawing cute girls lol. I'd love to see more sometime 8]
men aren't my strongest point to put it lightly hahaha, but i do have a drawing of DIO that i'm quite proud of, i'll add that to the OP
These all look great, I really enjoy the shiny Clefairy because of the lighting and shading you did to it. And the Gloom actually looks kinda cute. Great job and keep up the good work!
thank you all! that qwilfish really was the tipping point for me, so i'm glad to hear such positive feedback.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I definitely have a memory of seeing that red Hypno before, it's quite eye catching since its stance is similar to its usual pose but more fluid and focused. Also am a big fan of the Qwilfish, like many others in this thread, it shows how cool the end result can be if you substitue the lineart with highlights and solid colors. Other favorites is the professor Sandshrews and the Mesprit gijinka (getting some Sailor Moon vibes off that last one too).

So yeah, you're clearly a good artist, and by the looks of it, clearly more skilled than myself, so the only reasonable thing to do is destroy you make you an approved artist. I'm well aware that requests are off the table at the time being, but if you ever feel like blessing other parts of the site with your work, you now have full authority to contribute to some of the more demanding places (see the link for more info, if interested). Nice to have you back!

I definitely have a memory of seeing that red Hypno before, it's quite eye catching since its stance is similar to its usual pose but more fluid and focused. Also am a big fan of the Qwilfish, like many others in this thread, it shows how cool the end result can be if you substitue the lineart with highlights and solid colors. Other favorites is the professor Sandshrews and the Mesprit gijinka (getting some Sailor Moon vibes off that last one too).

So yeah, you're clearly a good artist, and by the looks of it, clearly more skilled than myself, so the only reasonable thing to do is destroy you make you an approved artist. I'm well aware that requests are off the table at the time being, but if you ever feel like blessing other parts of the site with your work, you now have full authority to contribute to some of the more demanding places (see the link for more info, if interested). Nice to have you back!
haha oh really! that's awesome, thanks. i actually only got into painting recently, i really wanted to elevate my art.
and wow that is an honour! i'm definitely interested, my last exam is next friday so let's see what happens after that. thank you!

just finished this also, i still had some sketches lying around. i wanted to re-design oddish into a poison and ground type and i liked these the best, i have another set that i'll post later.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like that idea, although Oddish would be the only recipient of that typing since Gloom and Gloom v2 seem to be more above ground. Although this gets me the urge to go back designing fakemons again, I did have an idea of a carrot lugging around a chunk of soil. But yeah, love the leave's shading on the left version.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I don't see a Qwilfish (my net isn't loading it, I believe) but the Jirachi and Gloom make me want to shed a single tear for how excellent they are. I'm in absolute love with them, especially the former. Your lines are so clean and your style is cute and elegant and modern and it's all sooo good. I love this terribly ;_;

late reply sorry! thank you i'm so glad ppl like it, i've been so busy lately but not forgotten about this!
updating now with some stress-release doodles, jirachi is quickly rising as one of my favourite pokemon in design and battle as well

Last edited:
Wonderful idea for re-working oddish, and I really enjoy your style with that smooth lineart and shading. Also, that Jirachi piece is reaaaally calming and relaxing. I'm already absolutely in love with your work and I'll be looking forward to more of you art ^^

thank you guys!! i am now motivated to finish this:

in all its glory what should have been my tribute to ORAS coming out but it's way overdue and i'm too lazy and busy. i still really intend to finish this though so i thought i'd show so far since it's been sitting in my folder for 2 months and it was annoying me. also that is supposed to become a wailmer eventually lol

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
thank you guys!! i am now motivated to finish this:

in all its glory what should have been my tribute to ORAS coming out but it's way overdue and i'm too lazy and busy. i still really intend to finish this though so i thought i'd show so far since it's been sitting in my folder for 2 months and it was annoying me. also that is supposed to become a wailmer eventually lol
S-Sexy

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Nice Jirachi pic, makes for yet another reminder that I need to step up my brush game. You've made good progress with the ORAS pic too, although I find it odd that you color and shade May despite not having her hand finished (or are the clouds in a layer above her?). Loving the blue tones either way.

gracias!! hahaha that's how i felt a while ago when i only used cell shading. and actually i made that ORAS pic before the qwilfish and jirachi and so the order is a bit weird! i hadn't really figured painting out yet. much appreciated!

Reactions: Mq
woo i had exams x_x school never ends for me

anyways have this that i made today, it's for a good friend of mine and croconaw is his favourite pokemon and i wanted to do something for him so

i actually do have a version with a rendered background but he and i both liked this version more, personally i like the simplicity of the background. he loved it so success!

(oh ya sry dave ik this isnt a clefable but trust me the clef is coming)

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
textbook definition of 'aww yiss', really like how smooth the lineart is. Pleasing to look at.

textbook definition of 'aww yiss', really like how smooth the lineart is. Pleasing to look at.
oh my what a compliment!! thank you! those lines are actually my sketch lines that i cleaned up, i was planning to paint it afterwards but it wasn't really necessary haha

Reactions: Mq
i havent worked this out yet but i’m way too excited about this fakemon to not post! name is bantern or lanshee, haven’t decided on that yet. type is ghost/fairy, it’s based off a lantern (which is called a fairylight too so it fits so well!) anyways i’ll be designing a devolution for this later on, i want it to be really fast and frail, and one of the abilities i want it to have is flare boost (cause of the lantern and all)

the open bit on the front is supposed to be a mouth but i'm gonna work that out too

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)