ORAS OU underrated threats(peaked #16 on OU ladder)

hi guys,

this is my first rmt.so any suggestions would be welcome to improve the team or the rmt itself.
this team is build around a couple of underrated threads sub coil zygarde and mega sharpedo.
it has been working to great success on the ladder and brought me up to 1721 elofrom somewhere in 1400s.now lets get on with the team.

PROOF OF PEAK
v.PNG v.PNG

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

718.png

i started my team with sub coil zygarde as i felt that it was quite underrated in the curreent metagame and it is actually quite effective
319.png
+
251.png

i next inserted the combo of sd pass celebi and m sharpedo as m sharpedo is quite scary after a sd and is almost impossible to deal with unless you have a thundurus.
707.png

klefki oh i just rlly love this mon.it provides dual screen support for both my zygarde and sd pass technique as sharpedo is rlly frail.it also provides spikes support
036.png

as keys already provide screens, all i needed was a good wincon.i put phys defensive cm clefable cuz its so bulky behind screens that it sets up on anything and everything.lol
473.png

my team was looking quite good but there was no rocks.so i added mamo to give rocks.i chose mamo over chomper or terrak cuz its immune to taunt.

i tested this team but was not satisfied and celebi was not putting in work as it was too weak to u turn spam.so i replaced celebi with phy defensive mew.
251.png
=>
151.png

TEAM IN DETAIL
473 (1).png

1)
Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

mamoswine is most of the time my lead except when the opponent has som antilead like m lopunny.
it cannot be taunted and sets up rocks most of the time.endeavor is a surprise move as many people use gyro ball with ferro or giga drain with m venu on mamo which often kills them.ice shard is good priority to help against lead lando and earthquake for stab.

319 (1).png

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Poison Fang

sharpedo mega is really a fearsome threat when passed an sd is not useless even without it.it is useful in revenge killing latis and hitting extremely hard with crunch.i must be careful not to mega it before passing the sd boost unless the opposing team is rlly slow.poison fang is used so that im not hard walled by azu and it also helps in beating unaware clef(huge pain for this entire team) if it gets toxiced.
protect is standard to get speed boost and waterfall is secondary STAB.

klefki.png

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

klefki is the real MVP of this team.it provides valuable screens and spikes support.it is complete taunt bait but not many pokes carrying taunt want to take a thunder wave.spikes is rlly important as m sharpedo OHKOes keldeo,ferrothorn and m venusaur at +2 with sr+1 layer of spikes which would otherwise take a hit at +2 and OHKO in return.

151 (1).png

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 4 SpD / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass

mew is here replacing celebi and i am rlly happy with this mon.it has enough speed to outspeed standard jolly bisharp and breloom and taunts them before they set up or spore.this mon has real 4MMS
as it wants to run taunt,willo and roost also.it succeeds in passing sd most of the times and m sharpedo finishes late game.

zygarde.png

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

zygarde is a really an underrated threat and is also one of the most important members of the team.it is spD cuz coil gives it a lot of physical bulk anyways.it sets up subs on ferro,rotom hippo and many common threats on balanced teams.the most amazing thing abt this mon is it cannot be phased as dragon tail goes before roar or whirlwind as it outspeeds common roar/wirlwind carriers such as tran,hippo and skarm.it is extremely bulky and at +1 def 252+ atk lando t also doesnt break its subs.
it is my most important wincon and walls lots of stuff.

036 (1).png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

my second wincon.it also very bulky behind screens and can actually set up in the face of iron head kyub,lo bish!!.after 2 or 3 CMs it hits very hard and walls a lot of stuff.zygarde and sharpedo help in beating tran after which this poke sets up and cleans teams.

THREAT LIST

036.png unaware cm clefable: this is a really huge pain as nothing really threatens it except mega sharpedo and if i dont get the toxic with poison fang its gg,

mega venusaur:this is a pain once zygarde has been fainted.it walls m sharpedo,clef and mew does nothing.

these are the only 2 threats i could right now think of but i would appreciate if uguys could suggest some more threats.

REPLAYS

here are some replays of this team in action:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214900429
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214897390
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214743747
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214715806

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214937912

Last edited:

Ox the Fox

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 8th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Smogon Charity Bowl IV Winner
Hey really nice team, I remember facing you a few times on ladder. First off on the threatlist I would suggest adding kyurem-black. This pokemon 2hkos your entire team with the appropriate move and gets a free switch on several things. Next off I would suggest replacing mamoswine with a dual screens azelf. I feel like the extra speed will really benefit you to get your rocks and screens up as quickly as possible. I know you already have a screener in klefki but I think this will help you get going as quickly as possible.

Try running Heatran > Klefki
deals with the problems you were having, and sortof fits the same role. it has nearly the same defensive switch ins at least.

Hey really nice team, I remember facing you a few times on ladder. First off on the threatlist I would suggest adding kyurem-black. This pokemon 2hkos your entire team with the appropriate move and gets a free switch on several things. Next off I would suggest replacing mamoswine with a dual screens azelf. I feel like the extra speed will really benefit you to get your rocks and screens up as quickly as possible. I know you already have a screener in klefki but I think this will help you get going as quickly as possible.
yeah kyurem b is a threat and one i forgot is spD talonflame.it is a huge pain cuz it taunts the entire team and willo wisps zygarde.

Hi, a few small tweaks to your team. First, Mew should run an EV spread of 252 HP / 140 Defense / 4 SpD / 112 Speed with a Bold nature. That gets you to the same speed tier but with three extra defense points. Every little bit matters and unoptimized EV spreads bug me. Mew could run Zen Headbutt over Knock Off if Mega Venu is a big pain for you.

Zygarde could run 56 Speed EVs to outspeed Adamant Bisharp and everything slower. Sharpedo should run Hydro Pump over Waterfall, and also run a Lonely nature. That allows it to 2HKO Skarmory, where Waterfall doesn't come close to the 2HKO. Skarm and Ferrothorn are the two biggest threats to Mega Shark, and that takes care of one of them.

That's all I've got, nice squad.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 4 SpD / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Lonely Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Poison Fang

Scotti

we back.
Hey Solid team, but I have a few suggestions to improve your team.

I pretty cool change, that helps with the 2 threats in your threat list. I think you should run Stored Power > Flamethrower on clefable. Not only does this defeat unaware clefable, but it is a great mega venusaur lure. Boost seems pretty easy with klefki, so when you see mega saur in team preview, you can set up screens and start boosting. +3 0 SpA Clefable Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 410-484 (112.6 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Just 3 calm mind, and mega venusaur is gone. Like I said before it also defeat unaware clefable 1 on 1. Another thing that I noticed is that your are very weak to gengar and gliscor. I came up with an amazing suggestion. I believe you should replace mew with gliscor. A set that is faster than normal gliscor, and can take on gengar very well.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 184 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Baton Pass

It outspeeds most taunt gliscors, while being able to take 2 shadow balls from gengar. Its not a surefire counter to gengar, because you lack roost. However, it takes it on a lot better than mew. You can also recover a lot of health with toxic orb, which is very nice. This set also annoys the shit out of unaware clefable. Lando-t is also a threat to your team, and gliscor also does a great job at taking it on.

Besides there isnt much for me to change. Great Team :]

Yeah with strong jaw poison fang has 75 base power while poison jab has 80, but I think he needs to run poison fang because his only way of beating unaware calm mind clefable is by getting a toxic with poison fang, and poison jab only gets a regular poison as the secondary effect. Plus the 5 extra base power isn't going to help that much.

Want something underrated on your team? HITMONTOP. Most underrated Pokemon in OU right now imo. Why it is not the rapid spinner of every OU team there is I do not know. All Defog/rapid spinners are kinda useless and their sole purpose is getting rid of hazards, but think about a Pokemon with 75% priority moves, including fake out, technician, and rapid spin... And assault vest? Totally over looked. Bullet punch, Mach punch, fake out, rapid spin. Perfect revenge killer. Volt switch or u turn into him and it's gg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)