Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are in a battle and try to cancel a switch or a move you just made, your cancel doesn't get registered. For example, you want to switch your Scrafty out because the opposing Gengar probably has Dazzling Gleam but you accidentally press a move. Then, you press cancel and immediately press another Pokémon to switch in to. Showdown doesn't register the fact that you canceled and your Scrafty gets OHKOd by Dazzling Gleam.

I'll try it in PU.

EDIT: Yep, it's because of the DW level system. I should really look into that before reporting it.

When you are in a battle and try to cancel a switch or a move you just made, your cancel doesn't get registered. For example, you want to switch your Scrafty out because the opposing Gengar probably has Dazzling Gleam but you accidentally press a move. Then, you press cancel and immediately press another Pokémon to switch in to. Showdown doesn't register the fact that you canceled and your Scrafty gets OHKOd by Dazzling Gleam.
It's because of a lag. It takes some time for your input to be registered and often your opponent's move will be registered before you clicking Cancel Button. If your opponent hasn't made their move yet, you will have a chance to correct yours.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For whatever reason Exeggutor and Exeggcute are listed as pure Grass types on the teambuilder and /dt command, even though they're both Grass/Psychic. They seem to behave like Grass/Psychic in battle though, as my Knock Off hit the opposing Exeggcute for super effective damage.

For whatever reason Exeggutor and Exeggcute are listed as pure Grass types on the teambuilder and /dt command, even though they're both Grass/Psychic. They seem to behave like Grass/Psychic in battle though, as my Knock Off hit the opposing Exeggcute for super effective damage.
??? They seem fine

A Pokemon with no EVs in any stat has different stats on the field than in the team builder.

I'd like to suggest that the mega sprite glitch be fixed. (Yes, I know this has been talked about, but it might help fix it if I point out why it happens.)
This glitch occurs because, instead of updating the sprite sheet itself, someone decided it would be better to do versions. On http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bwicons-sheet-g6.png, the megas do not display. This is expected since the code is done by versions. Those of you who can see mega sprites should see them at the bottom of this page: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bwicons-sheet-g6.png?v0.9xyb1. Those who cannot see mega sprites will see the same image for the first and the second link. The obvious fix is to update the original page, http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bwicons-sheet-g6.png, instead of doing versions.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-198433515 so here you see a pumpkaboo-super using will-o-wisp.
but when you do /ds ghost type, !will-o-wisp, it shows pumpkaboo-super. what happened here?
EDIT: pumpkaboo super seems glitched, as if you do anything that it gets like ghost type, !seed bomb, lc it shows pumpkaboo-super. but it gets it through /learn command and in teambuilder. any way to fix this?
making sure you see this, if anyone is using /ds to see whether pumpkaboo-super learns it, it's glitched. hope you notice it!

making sure you see this, if anyone is using /ds to see whether pumpkaboo-super learns it, it's glitched. hope you notice it!
This is because /ds doesn't use the checkLearnset function but just checks if the Pokemon has the move in its move pool, so it doesn't check legality, and it doesn't check switchable formes either. Tagging TalkTakesTime because this is his command.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Trivial/Minor: Tailwind doesn't have a count on the UI like Trick Room and weather do. Was a bit odd/inconsistent but doesn't hurt the usage of the simulator at all. Just something I noticed. May help people remember it's 4 turns this generation instead of 3!

i was playing in a vgc mach i had 2 pokemon left machamp and metagross he had a blaziken and a landerus-t i used explosion with my metagross killing everything on the feild but it gave him the win

In the Gen 1 simulator, which runs by the game boy mechanics BTW, when a pokemon uses fly or dig when paralyzed and in the attacking turn they are fully paralyzed the move should cancel but the pokemon should remain in the semi invulnerable state, it doesn't happen

breh

強いだね
Future Sight seems to use item boosts of the mon that used them even when the mon switched out. I asked Marty about it and he said that the game only applies ability / item / stat boosts if the mon that originally cast the move is in (and checked ingame just to be safe with the same results; cresselia ignored its mind plate when I switched it out but didn't when I kept it in).

For an example, in this battle, (Specs) Slowking OHKOes a 4/0 Cobalion with Future Sight while not being in at turn 8; 85.4% is the max damage it could do without a choice specs boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)