General Introduce yourself!

ty a lot for linking me straight up!
You're welcome ;) Try lurking and researching a bit yourself before you jump straight to asking questions. It'll help you a lot. You know the Chinese proverb: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Good morning/evening ladies and gentlemen I have just recently joined your hallowed ranks and have been participating in the NU tier for a brief time.

While I still struggle to make my teams work I like to try and use pokemon that rarely get used even in this meta, however, it is often difficult and I find myself switching to more tried and true options since I lack the team building skills to make those unappreciated choices work to their full potential.

I look forward to working with all of you and helping to make this community a better place in what little ways I can.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Good morning/evening ladies and gentlemen I have just recently joined your hallowed ranks and have been participating in the NU tier for a brief time.

While I still struggle to make my teams work I like to try and use pokemon that rarely get used even in this meta, however, it is often difficult and I find myself switching to more tried and true options since I lack the team building skills to make those unappreciated choices work to their full potential.

I look forward to working with all of you and helping to make this community a better place in what little ways I can.
Hey Norden!
Welcome to Smogon! Have you gotten involved with the NeverUsed community? They can really help you get better in the tier. I also love to use unorthodox Pokemon in the different tiers, as it makes the game a lot more rewarding to me. Check out this guide for a section on team-building. Have fun exploring!

So... I'm Arielle. That's not actually my real-life name, but who cares - after all, this is a forum about Pokémon, who don't exist in real life either.
I'll skip over the personal stuff, since it would probably sound like I'm making up sob stories for Tumblr. The only thing you should know about me is that I'm from Poland, which means my timezone is CET and I'm not a native English speaker.
Anyway, the Pokémon franchise isn't very popular with Polish people - the games aren't sold in popular stores (heck, nothing from Nintendo is sold there) and the anime is only aired on a single TV channel. That being said, I still managed to get to know about the series. A few years ago, I bought myself a GBA off the Internet. Not because I wanted to "relive my childhood" or anything, I just wanted to see how video games were like in the olden days. After I received the console, I started looking for games on the same website where I bought the GBA, and I found Pokémon Emerald. I decided I might give it a shot, so I bought it. I had a lot of fun with that game even though it turned out to be a bootleg, so I couldn't do stuff like growing Berries. I also didn't have any friends to trade or battle with - heck, I didn't have any friends at all - so I just played the game alone. I remember how I spent several hours trying to catch a Feebas on Route 111, and I finally did it.
Anyway, several years later I got a 3DS XL for my birthday. Along with it, I got two games - Bravely Default and Pokémon Y. The former I despised (can't quite remember why, but that's not important), although I actually enjoyed playing the latter. I only spent 40 hours or so playing it, as I didn't do much post-game. A few months later, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were announced (HOENN CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!! 1111111). I got Alpha Sapphire for Christmas and I enjoyed it even more than Pokémon Y. In fact, have played it for about 100 hours and I still play it to this day. Anyway, after I beat the Elite Four, I thought I would be able to win Link Battles using the team that I had. Boy, was I wrong. As one might say, I got 'rekt' before I could even beat one of the opposing Pokémon. So, I searched the internet for competitive battling strategies, and all sorts of stuff came up. EV training guides, breeding guides and, of course, Smogon. That's the short story of how I came here.
So, feel free to ask me any questions you might have (unless you don't have any, in which case that's no problem) and I apologise for my poor English. I'm from Poland, as I said before.

QueBien

So... I'm Arielle. That's not actually my real-life name, but who cares - after all, this is a forum about Pokémon, who don't exist in real life either.
I'll skip over the personal stuff, since it would probably sound like I'm making up sob stories for Tumblr. The only thing you should know about me is that I'm from Poland, which means my timezone is CET and I'm not a native English speaker.
Anyway, the Pokémon franchise isn't very popular with Polish people - the games aren't sold in popular stores (heck, nothing from Nintendo is sold there) and the anime is only aired on a single TV channel. That being said, I still managed to get to know about the series. A few years ago, I bought myself a GBA off the Internet. Not because I wanted to "relive my childhood" or anything, I just wanted to see how video games were like in the olden days. After I received the console, I started looking for games on the same website where I bought the GBA, and I found Pokémon Emerald. I decided I might give it a shot, so I bought it. I had a lot of fun with that game even though it turned out to be a bootleg, so I couldn't do stuff like growing Berries. I also didn't have any friends to trade or battle with - heck, I didn't have any friends at all - so I just played the game alone. I remember how I spent several hours trying to catch a Feebas on Route 111, and I finally did it.
Anyway, several years later I got a 3DS XL for my birthday. Along with it, I got two games - Bravely Default and Pokémon Y. The former I despised (can't quite remember why, but that's not important), although I actually enjoyed playing the latter. I only spent 40 hours or so playing it, as I didn't do much post-game. A few months later, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were announced (HOENN CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!! 1111111). I got Alpha Sapphire for Christmas and I enjoyed it even more than Pokémon Y. In fact, have played it for about 100 hours and I still play it to this day. Anyway, after I beat the Elite Four, I thought I would be able to win Link Battles using the team that I had. Boy, was I wrong. As one might say, I got 'rekt' before I could even beat one of the opposing Pokémon. So, I searched the internet for competitive battling strategies, and all sorts of stuff came up. EV training guides, breeding guides and, of course, Smogon. That's the short story of how I came here.
So, feel free to ask me any questions you might have (unless you don't have any, in which case that's no problem) and I apologise for my poor English. I'm from Poland, as I said before.
Heya Arielle77!
Emerald! <3 It was my very first Pokemon game, and is still my favorite. As for Feebas, heh, funny story with me about that. So, I was hunting for a Feebas because my friend told me to do so, and this was back where I had no idea what most Pokemon looked like. I spent about five minutes searching, only finding Magikarp, until I came across a golden Magikarp. With me being the n00b I was, and not knowing what shinies were, I thought it was a Feebas, so I caught it, only to find out the next day that it was a shiny Magikarp! Needless to say, I was thrilled. I found Smogon through Showdown, which I found thanks to my friend. As for your English, it's not bad at all it's certainly better than some users here ;)! Anyways, if you have any questions, feel free to visit the Questions threads or the Help form. Have fun!

Hello everyone,

I'm Alex and while I'm new to the forums, I am anything but new to the competitive battling scene (or Smogon for that matter).

My Pokemon history is extensive having played Pokemon Blue as my first Pokemon game I ever owned and every generation since.

I joined the competitive scene in Gen 3, back when NetBattle was the online simulator to play and I've stuck with it since.

Strangely enough, I never joined the forums and actually tried to contribute to the community despite having vast experience on laddering 1500+ in every generation I've played in. I finally decided to have a more active part in the community, so here I am.

hello, im nick and im new to smogon. my favorite poke is jolteon (hence the name). i was wondering where i go to get competitive team-building advice? im not very good at this, hopefully someone will help me. thanks!

QueBien

Whoever came up with trubbish either should be fired for creating it or applauded for actually getting it into the game. It had to be some sort of internal joke or dare.
Trubbish is actually cute in my opinion D':
Hello everyone,

I'm Alex and while I'm new to the forums, I am anything but new to the competitive battling scene (or Smogon for that matter).

My Pokemon history is extensive having played Pokemon Blue as my first Pokemon game I ever owned and every generation since.

I joined the competitive scene in Gen 3, back when NetBattle was the online simulator to play and I've stuck with it since.

Strangely enough, I never joined the forums and actually tried to contribute to the community despite having vast experience on laddering 1500+ in every generation I've played in. I finally decided to have a more active part in the community, so here I am.
Hi RlyMadAlex!
Welcome to Smogon! I started playing Pokemon with Generation 3, but got into competitive with the release of XY. I have not gotten above 1500 on the ladder, with my peak being in OU at 1420 or so. Where would you like to get involved in the community? If you have any questions, check out the threads pertaining to the subject of said questions. Have fun!
hello, im nick and im new to smogon. my favorite poke is jolteon (hence the name). i was wondering where i go to get competitive team-building advice? im not very good at this, hopefully someone will help me. thanks!
Hello teamjolteon4ever!
My favorite Pokemon is Bisharp. You can check out our Tutoring Program to get some really helpful competitive advice. You can also visit this guide for some help with the basics. Have a good time!

Hi, my name's Andrew and I'm here because I no longer feel all that welcome on PokeCommunity and four years as staff there has left me with no idea people even do on the Internet outside of frequenting the off-topic sections on Pokemon forums.

Hi, my name's Andrew and I'm here because I no longer feel all that welcome on PokeCommunity and four years as staff there has left me with no idea people even do on the Internet outside of frequenting the off-topic sections on Pokemon forums.
Hey Andrew, welcome. Since you've been staff on PokéCommunity I suppose you at least slightly knows how everything works around here. Are you into battling (competitively)? If yes, maybe we could battle sometime. Have fun hangin' out here :)

Hi, I'm crossbarchallenger and I've been playing Pokemon for nostalgia value since Red and Blue. My inspiration for competitive battling comes from the PokeTuber, Pimpnite and I get a buzz from winning battles with underdogs. Needless to say, I lose a lot.

Smell ya later.

Hi, I'm crossbarchallenger and I've been playing Pokemon for nostalgia value since Red and Blue. My inspiration for competitive battling comes from the PokeTuber, Pimpnite and I get a buzz from winning battles with underdogs. Needless to say, I lose a lot.

Smell ya later.
Smell ya later, da real Gary up in this. Welcome crossbarchallenger. I also get a buzz from winning battles with underdogs, freakin' love it. Pimpnite is awesome, he's crazy good at battling. Hopefully you'll have a good time on the forums!

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
tell me more of your Grief and Misfortune

but ye welcome to smogon ily

Hello, I'm Solaris, I've been playing Pokemon since Emerald and started trying to get into the competitive scene in gen 5, however my success rate is... meh, let's leave it at that. My favorite Pokemon is Sceptile and I frequent OU, UU and NU.

QueBien

Hello, I'm Solaris, I've been playing Pokemon since Emerald and started trying to get into the competitive scene in gen 5, however my success rate is... meh, let's leave it at that. My favorite Pokemon is Sceptile and I frequent OU, UU and NU.
Hi Solaris Iceburn!
I've also been playing since Emerald! :D My favorite Pokemon is Bisharp, and I play a lot of OMs (I hang out in the Other Metas room a lot), and I also play quite a few of the perma-ladder tiers. If you need any help with anything here, check out our Help form. Otherwise, I'll see you around!

Hey Solaris, welcome! If you're willing and wanting to learn about the competitive side some more, you've def. come to the right place. Do you battle (a lot)? Maybe we could battle sometime. Have a fun time out here :)

Hi, I'm Darvin. I played the gen 1 and 2 pokemon games as a kid, and only recently got back into the series. I started playing on Pokemon Showdown back in August and have been lurking around the forums for the past few months. I've mostly been playing Random Battle, but I've dabbled in UU, RU, NU, PU, and LC. While my battling has improved in my time here, my team-building still needs work. My favorite pokemon is Arcanine.

hi guys, I am back to playing pokemon and wow has it changed.

Last time I held a handheld was GBC Pokemon Yellow, it was my sister's and she was stuck so I helped her out. I really loved that game. I for some reason wanted to try out the newest version and love it and want to get into competitive battling. I am so new to everything it's a little overwhelming, so I figured I'll research and go in feet first!

My mission right now is to prep for a local competition, I want to make a team around some of Smogon's Uber Tier, since a few of them are not banned in this competition. (Mostly VGC rules looks like)

Hello peeps, I'm EpicRoman. I've played pokemon ever since the gen 4 days and only got wind of competitive pokemon just before ORAS came out! I've already gotten started in VGC 2015 and OU and look forward to trying out more tiers in the time to come. I'm enjoying it so far and have been on Showdown! for a few days. I have knowledge on EV training and IVs so creating my own competitive pokemon will be easy peasy. I've known about smogon for a while now but haven't properly gotten involved with it until a few days ago. Hope to have an awesome time here!

And a question: Is the lenny face ok for an avatar? On Showdown! the lenny is discouraged so I'm just wondering if it's the same on the forums.

QueBien

Hi, I'm Darvin. I played the gen 1 and 2 pokemon games as a kid, and only recently got back into the series. I started playing on Pokemon Showdown back in August and have been lurking around the forums for the past few months. I've mostly been playing Random Battle, but I've dabbled in UU, RU, NU, PU, and LC. While my battling has improved in my time here, my team-building still needs work. My favorite pokemon is Arcanine.
Hello Darvin!
I started with Generation 3, but never played the generations before it. :/ Maybe I'll do so later. I started Showdown last, what, March? It was through Showdown that I found Smogon. I play Random Battles, OU, UU, LC, and BH. You can sign up for our Tutoring program to learn some great strategies from our experienced tutors! My favorite Pokemon is Bisharp. Anyways, have fun!
hi guys, I am back to playing pokemon and wow has it changed.

Last time I held a handheld was GBC Pokemon Yellow, it was my sister's and she was stuck so I helped her out. I really loved that game. I for some reason wanted to try out the newest version and love it and want to get into competitive battling. I am so new to everything it's a little overwhelming, so I figured I'll research and go in feet first!

My mission right now is to prep for a local competition, I want to make a team around some of Smogon's Uber Tier, since a few of them are not banned in this competition. (Mostly VGC rules looks like)
Hiya CaDarNOK!
Welcome back to Pokemon! For a start, check out this guide for the basics and this one for some information about our tiering system. While the former is a bit outdated, it still has some really good information. Visit the Ubers subforum to get a peek at the common strategies for a start to the tier. Otherwise, have a good time!
Hello peeps, I'm EpicRoman. I've played pokemon ever since the gen 4 days and only got wind of competitive pokemon just before ORAS came out! I've already gotten started in VGC 2015 and OU and look forward to trying out more tiers in the time to come. I'm enjoying it so far and have been on Showdown! for a few days. I have knowledge on EV training and IVs so creating my own competitive pokemon will be easy peasy. I've known about smogon for a while now but haven't properly gotten involved with it until a few days ago. Hope to have an awesome time here!

And a question: Is the lenny face ok for an avatar? On Showdown! the lenny is discouraged so I'm just wondering if it's the same on the forums.
Hey EpicRoman!
Check out the VGC and OverUsed rooms in Showdown to discuss the tiers. If you need any other help, go here. Yes, the lenny face is fine for an avatar, but try not to post it anywhere but on people's profiles here. Have a great experience on the site!

Hello there! I'm Vitror, I'm 23 and I started playing Pokemon since 2nd Gen, I always liked it but got no friends to play with, now I've found this site and I would really like to learn to play competitive. I made a team on Showdown but it seems it's not working well and my skills don't help either hehe.
Hope to learn a lot and have a good time here with you all! Btw im from Spain so my english may sound a bit weird sometimes

QueBien

Hello there! I'm Vitror, I'm 23 and I started playing Pokemon since 2nd Gen, I always liked it but got no friends to play with, now I've found this site and I would really like to learn to play competitive. I made a team on Showdown but it seems it's not working well and my skills don't help either hehe.
Hope to learn a lot and have a good time here with you all! Btw im from Spain so my english may sound a bit weird sometimes
Hello Vitror!
I started with the 3rd Generation, which has been my favorite (specifically, Emerald). Our Tutoring program is great for users wanting to learn more about competitive Pokemon battling, so I would advise you to check it out. Do you battle on PS! often? Maybe, we'll see each other there! Anyway, have a good time around the forums!

Hello everybody!
I'm Benson85 and I am Italian. I joined competitive battling with Pokemon Showdown and I usually play in VGC and NU. My favourite Pokemon is Ludicolo. I hope to have fun here
See you soon!

Hello!
AS is the first pokemon game I've really played- I think that my brother had Pearl when we were younger, and I enjoyed it, but I didn't have a DS of my own. Now that I can finally get into the game I've been loving it! I'm just here to learn, meet people and maybe get competitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)