DOU Official Doubles Winter Seasonal [Round 2] STILL LINK YOUR REPLAYS

Status
Not open for further replies.
cmd+F "hard" -> I play quite good if I´m not half asleep, so put me in the bracket.
I guess you wanted to adjust to a good double elimination number, but you are not quite there :)

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard ORAS Doubles tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • Every round, I will choose a match (possibly two) as the Highlight Match. If your match is chosen as the highlight match, two of our commentary crew (myself, Lohgock, Arcticblast, Laga, BLOOD TOTEM) will be commentating your match through the SmogonU Twitch, and it will then be uploaded to Smogon's YouTube. I will contact both players by PM immediately in order to schedule a time. If either player wishes to not be streamed, they may opt out, but let me know quickly, so I can choose someone else to be the highlight match for the week.
  • Because of the nature of the prizes of this tournament, if you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • I'm going to be playing in this tournament, so in the interest of fairness, all activity calls will be made by a neutral TD. If you get an activity loss, do not bitch to me, maybe you should have put more effort into playing your damn match to avoid that contingency.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Smogon Doubles' banlist is banned. Because the dex page is outdated (i put in a pull request like three weeks ago but it hasn't been approved), this is the banlist for Smogon Doubles:
  • Mewtwo
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-O
  • Arceus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-White
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Dark Void
  • Salamencite

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Round 2 Matchups (interesting matches in italics):

Winner's Bracket
AllAttack vs U-turn Out
stunner047 vs SpaceBass
Flame Road vs Cronenberg
clius vs TheFourthChaser
King UU vs jacob
Lohgock vs Aurious game 1 game 2
blarajan vs Austin game 1 game 2 game 3
Lord Alphose vs Tesung
KyleCole vs TUO
tape vs shunGTX
Can-eh-Dian vs aim
Lunar. vs atomicllamas
Quality Content vs AceYoshi2014
Labor vs sebixxl
Fereydun vs qsns
BLOOD TOTEM vs Moony
BLINGAS vs Divixel
Memoric vs Tricking
Erick17 vs Stratos game 1 game 2
-Tsunami- vs radianthero156
Void vs Croven
Shaian vs finally game 1
Dr Ciel vs Cnorth26
GiraGoomy vs Terraquaza
n00b vs Haruno
Agammemnon vs Henry
Regigigas-Primal vs kingmidas
deoxys speed vs It Is Guest game 1 game 2 game 3
based n bad vs TGMD
qwerts vs antemortem game 1 game 2 game 3
makiri vs SOMALIA
trc vs PDC
Rozykli vs Krauersaut
BKC vs Improbable
Hashtag vs Xyldaz
Tokyo Tom vs n1n1
Edgar vs LzrGunPewPew
PomMan vs TewMew
Leremyju vs 13ulbasaur
byronthewellwell vs JODY_HiGHROLLER
Wushl vs SoulWind
s_aman vs Quaggster
Metaphysical vs kamikaze17
Sapientia vs Qazoo306
Lustiger Lega vs iliketrains11
Shurrik vs Jefozz
youngjake93 vs blunder
Not Canadian vs Darkmalice
scotti vs Lasagne
shrop05 vs McMeghan
GGamer vs Bouffalant
Yellow Paint vs Roxer
Clefairy vs __INS__
scorpdestroyer vs Vinc2612
Electrolyte vs Mix
Kortex vs innovamania
Haunted Diamond vs AuraRayquaza
We R DNA vs Level 56 game 1 game 2
Alf' vs Anty
Mizuhime vs pokebasket
Genesis7 vs FAJI
AngryShroomish vs Pinoy Pwnage
Lolk vs steelphoenix
[winner of xzern vs shyfire] vs Rumor

Loser's Bracket
dramadrama vs pyromaniac720
Victorious B.I.G. vs Qwilphish
During Summer vs chimpact
Luna Ra vs Rams
rob. vs PROBLEMS
Zubat vs H-C
-Clone- vs Stockings
Mack Bus vs F-oh-ex
Level 51 vs Recreant
Robert. vs ApplepieFTW
Pat Labor vs Liberallucario
Thwack! vs Spitzkopf Larry
Edwardo M vs TheKFC
kr8tor vs blinkie
D4RR3N vs kr11y
srk1214 vs Isa game 1 game 2 game 3
koolkranny vs Picollo
Arcticblast vs VirajVora
Steve Angello vs Kiyo
aleuser vs Rodrigues
Der Dreckige Dan vs idiotfrommars
Anttya vs OlekTheDon129
el poeta vs SocialSocialSocial
Gh0stride vs Braverius
Contradanza vs Destiny Device
Lady Gaga vs galbia
Royal Flush vs noname4505
Final Demolition vs Geotal
John Bob vs Babbytron
Nido-Rus vs Scotty3D
Asterya vs PoliLoco
Laga vs RiCH HOMiE CHRiS
ElegyOfVGC vs Cicada
Mael vs Finchinator
zdrup15 vs charmeleon123
Celeberty vs kurockstar15
SoulDragonite vs [loser of shyfire vs xzern]
If you are in Loser's but are not listed, you have a bye.

Highlight Match: shrop05 vs McMeghan

Scheduling Rules:

USE VM WALLS!
If you really don't want to schedule via a VM conversation, then post in this thread to let me know that you are in contact with your opponent some other way. If you use VM walls, you do not need to post in this thread to let me know. (If you don't know how to access your opponent's VM wall, type their name in the search box like shown). If neither player has established contact by the sub date, you will be at risk of a double sub. If one player has contacted and the other has not responded, he will be at risk of a sub. Unless you have clearly scheduled for a date shortly after the deadline (and cannot make a date before the deadline) you will be given an activity call instead of an extension. I'm not making the calls, so I can't promise what will or won't make you safe, but I know that activities which will up your chances are posting specific times on your opponent's wall, responding to their VMs promptly, and posting any IRC logs of you scheduling in this thread.

Extension Deadline: Wednesday Mar 4 at 11:59 PM EST
Deadline: Sunday Mar 8 at 11:59 PM EST

REMEMBER TO LINK YOUR REPLAYS
contacted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)