ORAS OU Rainy Friends - Rain Offense

Decided to create this RMT to help this team, which has been my most successful so far. I've had a lot of fun with it, and would like to shape it in a top-notch team.

Any Rain team needs Politoed, that much is a given. It has also been a surprising secondary win condition, with its amazing special bulk. People get amazed at how easily it switches in and takes their Giga Drains. I never lost this 'mon unless REALLY late game, when I was sure 8 turns were enough and its sacrifice would give momentum.

Swampert is a super-b mega under water: I think it's the best mega to rain teams (sorry M-Manectric and M-Scizor). The set is an all-out attacker, since I have no need for Rain Dance. The attacks it has allow it to cover pretty much any pokémon, 2HKOing pretty much all of the meta.

Since I decided Kabutops would be spinning, I put Kingdra as a mixed sweeper, and boy is it worth it.

Ludicolo has pretty great Special coverage, and pairs well with Swampert. Nothing much to say off it, its a good special sweeper and mitigates my Grass weakness alongside Latias. People have suggested me to put SD Scizor over Ludicolo, but I tested it and didn't like it, since I lost a special attacker and it left me even more vulnerable to Rotom-W. So, Ludicolo stays.

Okay, how about we have a pokémon that isn't a water type. Tornadus-T fills that role pretty well, helping take care of Grass types that resisted Ice. It also was better than Thundurus-T in the synergy part with the team. I've been thinking of putting Mixed Dragonite over him, but I'm not too keen on it.

Too many special attackers (even if Tornadus-T is mixed, sort of). How about a fast all-out attacker that can punch holes on... everything? It now uses Rapid Spin because I got litte-to-none set-up opportunities.

THE TEAM AT MORE DETAIL

Though we adore him, we shall never enjoy His beauteous Croak. We spill our blood on acres of black and white so they may cross the Yellow Yard. At last in Skaia's reflection through the broken glass He may find the pond in which He's meant to squat.

Bilious Slick (Politoed) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Rest
- Toxic

The Rain inducer in the team, pretty much fundamental on every rain team. The EVs and Nature maximize special bulk, allowing it to defend itself against most Grass/Electric attacks, which are mostly special. Also, it gives him some speed to give him an important landmark. Scald is used to not make him Taunt bait, and gets a cool Burn chance. After some tests, I realized Perish Song on Politoed gave me even more pressure over stall teams, which were really troublesome. Rest recovers and Politoed doesn't need to be awake anyway, it only needs to switch for Drizzle. Also, it gives a cool status shield. Toxic can serve to cripple walls if Politoed ain't doing anything else.

You order one of your burliest agents to the scene.

Hegemonic Brute (Swampert-Mega) (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 62 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick

Mega Swampert is pretty... meh, outside of rain, I'll give you that. Give him rain though. You're looking at a wallbreaking monster that has awesome coverage and can outspeed pretty much every pokémon in the unboosted meta, PLUS many important Scarf users, like Magnezone. I shifted more EVs from HP to Speed so I could outspeed max Speed Timid Mega Alakazam, who otherwise wrecks my team. Waterfall is STAB, incredibly boosted by rain and has a neat flinch chance. Earthquake is STAB awesomeness. Ice Punch grabs those 4x weakness to Ice 'mons that have no weakness to Water, otherwise Waterfall WILL hit harder. 4x Ice Punch > 1x Waterfall, but 4x Ice Punch < 2x Waterfall. Low Kick grabs those Steel pokémon by the weight and 2HKO's most of them.

NYEIGH
Seahorse Lusus (Kingdra) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Waterfall

With Kabutops spinning, I didn't need Latias anymore, so I picked a mixed sweeper and god is it good. With double mixed STABs everything is afraid of switching in it. Waterfall is a bit weak, but is boosted by Life Orb, Rain and STAB, so it packs a nice punch. Outrage is self-explanatory, and so is Draco Meteor. Hydro Pump will hit harder than Waterfall most cases, and is my go to option. EVs let me hit the 500 benchmark on rain, dumping the rest mostly in Sp. Atk. and then in Atk.

A real kindly old cornball. A nicer guy you couldn't hope to meet, they say.

Poppop (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Tornadus-T has been an awesome pivot to this team, providing momentum and a non-water pokémon! Yay for variety! Ahem. Tornadus-T has Hurricane because STAB, strong, has confusion chance and is 100% accurate in rain. Focus Blast helps against Steel. Knock Off cripples. U-Turn provides momentum, specially on a expected switch, which are many. AV plus EVs allow for a bit of bulk, giving more switches and Regenerator restoration. Mixed Tornadus-T wasn't helping in most battles, due to its frailty. And AV Tornadus-T has helped me a lot against Stall.

MY HATE IS THE LIFEBLOOD THAT PULSES THROUGH THE VEINS OF YOUR UNIVERSE. IT IS MY GIFT TO YOU. YOU'RE WELCOME FOR THAT. YOU UNGRATEFUL PIECE OF SHIT.

Karkat Vantas (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick

Here comes the badass, Kabutops himself. He pulls great work alongside Swampert, and is an awesome all-out attacker. I never really got a situation where I needed to set SD, so I put Rapid Spin and god has it been good. Waterfall is STAB boosted by Rain, Stone Edge allows him to be a good Talonflame check even outside of Rain. Low Kick allows him to take on Steels and Normals. EVs are self explanatory, allowing for extra speed and more importantly, attack.

He became convinced he was hatched to defeat an extraordinarily evil magician, one he swore the angels foretold of.
Cronus Ampora (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Ludicolo is a great sweeper once in rain. He's like the special counterpart of M-Swampert, I just know it. Anyway... Hydro Pump hits HARD on rain. Like really hard. Giga Drain recovers and is also STAB. Ice Beam has coverage. Focus Blast is coverage, and breaks through Ferrothorn. EVs are prety much Kabutops's, but on the Special side of things.

S RANK

Ice Beam and Hydro Pump should be enough; not big trouble.
Ice Attacks handle it good enough, also Dragon attacks from Kingdra. I'll outspeed pretty much any variations but Scarf; Politoed and AV Tornadus-T also sponge his hits easily.

Soon to be banned, but either way, A Rain-Boosted attack should do it, or an Earthquake.

Easy peasy: Swampert handles it.

A+ RANK

Should be able to handle it with Ice attacks.

Little hard to deal with, but no trouble; Ludicolo takes care of it, and most attacks from the team 2HKO.

Earthquake and Fighting attacks should do.

Swampert and Kabutops do the trick.

Can be wore down and walled easily; Specially defensive variants get stomped by Swampert; Physically Defensive are stomped by Kingdra and Ludicolo.

Scald ends it if burns; A rain-boosted attack is good too.

Rain-boosted STAB ends it, specially if physical.

Not much of a threat because it usually threats things by outspeeding; and in rain my team outspeeds it. It's frail, so easy to kill.

Fighting and Grass attacks handle it. It can't dent my team so much. Scald can also burn it.

This is a RAIN team. It's easy.

Pretty annoying, specially if Scarfed, but can make some smart switches if Scarfed. Otherwise, I can outspeed and end it with some Grass attacks or a strong STAB.

Any variant without Rock Polish is screwed. Otherwise, every member of my team can deal with it before it uses Rock Polish, so not a problem.

Not that offensive, so it can be dealt with easily with speedy and strong pokémon with Ice attacks or Dragon attacks.

Tricky if it's the game lead; otherwise, I can destroy it with a Swift Swim pokémon.

Annoying before it megas, since I can't switch a physical attacker in it because Will-O-Wisp. I normally use Ludicolo against it, and when it megas, I either finish it or switch to Swampert if needed.

Can be 2HKO'd by Kabutops's Waterfall. It's a bit strong, but nothing too game-breaking.

Kabutops ends it, and Swampert can handle it too.

A RANK

Never fought it, but must be pretty annoying to deal with. If I can use Kabutops's Stone Edge against it, I get the lead; otherwise, tricky to deal with, should Revenge Kill.

Water attacks.

View above.

Pretty tricky, but most of my team can handle it with Fighting attacks. It's not from other world, guys, I don't need to make it so my whole team needs to handle it.

Ice attacks deal with it, and Dragon I guess.

View Latias above.

Swampert poops on it.

Kabutops is good against it. Swampert too. It's too frail.

Annoying as all hell, but I can deal with it with Ludicolo and some Toxic.

Dealt with Ludicolo, but if it doesn't work, I can use some Physical attacks.

Never saw one, but Ludicolo still deals with it.

A- RANK

Water attacks are good enough.

Bit troublesome, but Tornadus-T and Ludicolo are enough.

Water.

Water and Ice screw it.

Can be dealt with easily because it's not that strong. Kabutops can deal with it.

Too slow, it also can't handle a rain-boosted water STAB. Also Tornadus is a thing.

Annoying because it takes my weather, but some strong Water attacks are his bane.

Can't handle water too much.

Swampert poops on it.

Water.

Benefits from my weather, but otherwise can't do much.

Too passive. Can beat it with some good physical attacks.

Pretty fast, but Ice from Swampert and Dragon from Kingdra can beat it.

Water.

Annoying like Hippowdon, but Fighting attacks end it.

B+ RANK

Swampert can check it, since it has the EVs to outspeed it. So can Kingdra.

Annoying, but I have Tornadus and Kingdra.

View above.

If it leads, Politoed ends its day. Some physical rain-boosted STABS go well too.

Kingdra and Tornadus deal with it.

Ice and Rock.

Never saw it. But Tornadus and Scald ends it.

Fighting attacks and Grass.

Dragon attacks from Kingdra can deal with it.

Swampert.

Slow, and even with a Scarf, is outspeeded.

Normally people use it as a bulky set, but it still can't deal with most special attacks, as well as status.

Swampert.

Pretty annoying, but can be dealt with, specially with Special STABs and Burns.

Fast, but not fast enough for my Swift Swim 'mons.

B Rank

Swampert and Kingdra outspeed GG.

Not that fast, and Fighting attacks can deal with it.

Passive as all hell, so status are an answer; so are strong rain-boosted STABs; they should 3HKO.

If it leads, Perish Song. Otherwise, team can handle it.

Water.

View Latios above.

So passive Special attacks end it.

Grass. Otherwise, even Waterfall from Kabutops can 2HKO it.

Grass, and it can be easily KO'd with Earthquake and Fighting attacks.

LMAO it's a Rain team.

2HKO'd by Waterfall from Swampert.

Too passive: strong Grass attacks can handle it.

Ludicolo.

Grass/Fighting attacks.

Ice/Rock attacks, Water can dent it too.

Ice ends it, and Water can hurt it too.

Same as Tyranitar above.

Rain.

Too frail and can't keep with Swift Swim.

That's it, I'll keep refreshing conforming the team deals with the world.

Last edited:
hey :] im a big fan of rain offense and i think i know a way to help your team with its threats.
first, i think you gotta add megazard y to your threatlist, it really pressures rain with its ability, and it seems to be gaining a little popularity. I would suggest using latias over tentacruel for being able to check zard-y.
The thing about using lati, however, is you are more weak to ferro, ttar. I was thinking to try chesnaught over ludicolo, it walls the living day outta ferro and ttar cant do much either. Your other option is to use sd scizor, as it beats ferro and ttar(scout for fire blast(unless ur in rain then it would do 0)), as well as pressuring azumarill, another threat to rain. Since sciz can beat the mons listed in ur threatslist, and u have lati for mega zard, im leaning more towards sciz, but you can try chesnaught if u want hazards and dont find azu that big of a deal.
Hope this helps!

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost/Healing Wish

Scizor @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/Superpower
- Roost/Superpower
(with a life orb and +2 u can ohko rotom-w with bug bite so thats why its slashed)

or

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

hope this helps with dealing with ur threats c:

hey :] im a big fan of rain offense and i think i know a way to help your team with its threats.
first, i think you gotta add megazard y to your threatlist, it really pressures rain with its ability, and it seems to be gaining a little popularity. I would suggest using latias over tentacruel for being able to check zard-y.
The thing about using lati, however, is you are more weak to ferro, ttar. I was thinking to try chesnaught over ludicolo, it walls the living day outta ferro and ttar cant do much either. Your other option is to use sd scizor, as it beats ferro and ttar(scout for fire blast(unless ur in rain then it would do 0)), as well as pressuring azumarill, another threat to rain. Since sciz can beat the mons listed in ur threatslist, and u have lati for mega zard, im leaning more towards sciz, but you can try chesnaught if u want hazards and dont find azu that big of a deal.
Hope this helps!

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost/Healing Wish

Scizor @ Leftovers/Life Orb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/Superpower
- Roost/Superpower
(with a life orb and +2 u can ohko rotom-w with bug bite so thats why its slashed)

or

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

hope this helps with dealing with ur threats c:
That sounds cool. Those are two options I will definitely try out; But I think I will lack special offense, but I think I could handle it.

Reactions: tko
Have you ever found Politoed being too pressured to keep rain up? A secondary rain setter could help if such is true. Also, like thecrystalonix said, you'll probably need something for Ferrothorn.

Have you ever found Politoed being too pressured to keep rain up? A secondary rain setter could help if such is true. Also, like thecrystalonix said, you'll probably need something for Ferrothorn.
Nope, never. I have always been able to pressure the opposing pokémon to a switch, then double switch to Politoed.

About Ferro? No, I have what I need:

252+ Atk Life Orb Kabutops Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 192-229 (54.5 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Mega Swampert Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 180-212 (51.1 - 60.2%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

160 SpA Tornadus-T Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 166-196 (47.1 - 55.6%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

They can all be nice checks for Ferrothorn. Plus, if Scizor becomes a permanent member:

252+ Atk Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 192-228 (54.5 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I can handle Ferrothorn.

Really big fan of rain teams, so it was definitely fun to read through this one

Personally, I think Tornadus-T does best with a with a mixed set. That way you don't have to rely on focus miss, plus Knock Off/Superpower is a great check to Chansey. Superpower is also reliable to take out T-Tar and Ferrothorn.

204 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 361-426 (51.2 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

204 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 541-637 (76.8 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

204 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 185-218 (52.5 - 61.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

204 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 369-437 (91.5 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hurricane
- U-turn

Also i definitely recommend you consider switching Tentacruel out for Latias. Latias provides much better type synergy and just overall does the job better.

Hope this helps, good luck with the team :]

Really big fan of rain teams, so it was definitely fun to read through this one

Personally, I think Tornadus-T does best with a with a mixed set. That way you don't have to rely on focus miss, plus Knock Off/Superpower is a great check to Chansey. Superpower is also reliable to take out T-Tar and Ferrothorn.

204 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 361-426 (51.2 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

204 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 541-637 (76.8 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

204 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 185-218 (52.5 - 61.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

204 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 369-437 (91.5 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hurricane
- U-turn

Also i definitely recommend you consider switching Tentacruel out for Latias. Latias provides much better type synergy and just overall does the job better.

Hope this helps, good luck with the team :]
Thanks, man! I'm glad you like it. Latias has proved better so far, Tentacruel is not on the team anymore. I'm gonna do some tests about your Tornadus-T, it sounds interesting, although it may kill itself faster, but then again, it has Regenerator. So...

Tentacruel has been exchanged by Latias.

I'm gonna test Mixed Tornadus-T ---> Bulky Tornadus-T
and
SD Scizor ---> Ludicolo

Freeze-Dry hits your entire team for Super-Effective. I think Scizor would work great here. SD could work but I was leaning more towards the defog set. Conkeldurr might not be a bad trade for Ludicolo. It would let you handle Ferrothorn a bit better.

Freeze-Dry hits your entire team for Super-Effective. I think Scizor would work great here. SD could work but I was leaning more towards the defog set. Conkeldurr might not be a bad trade for Ludicolo. It would let you handle Ferrothorn a bit better.
The only relevant Freeze-Dry users are Mamoswine, and I guess M-Glalie...

252+ Atk Mega Swampert Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine in Rain: 578-684 (161 - 190.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
16 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Freeze-Dry vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Mega Swampert: 281-333 (76.7 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Mega Swampert: 78-94 (21.3 - 25.6%) -- 0.5% chance to 4HKO

Together, it has a chance to KO Swamp, but Mamo would have to be in the field first.

0- SpA Glalie Freeze-Dry vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Mega Swampert: 208-252 (56.8 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Swampert Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Glalie: 384-452 (127.5 - 150.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yeah.

Also, Conk is strong, but I'd like to say that I don't need to make all of my team dedicated to take down Ferro. It can handle it just fine. Scizor just can't take over Ludicolo, I'd lose too easily to Rotom-W.

Pent

dumb broad
Hey, you make so many teams in so little time, it flows through my mind like a waterfall going rapidly!

I guess you could try Rain Dance on Swampert just in case Poli dies and you have no rain, which really ruins the purpose of this team. So maybe try that.

Tentacruel isnt too necessary since you could have better options like Kingdra or Scizor, who both benefit from the rain completely. Choice Band Scizor works great with your team, and if ya still wanted a rapid spinner, just replace SD on Kabutops with Rapid Spin. Try these sets.

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Atk / 48 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Surf / Waterfall

And Finally, make sure to have 0 Atk IVs on your Specially Oriented Pokemon to reduce damage from Confusion and Foul Play.

Hope it helps!

Hey, you make so many teams in so little time, it flows through my mind like a waterfall going rapidly!

I guess you could try Rain Dance on Swampert just in case Poli dies and you have no rain, which really ruins the purpose of this team. So maybe try that.

Tentacruel isnt too necessary since you could have better options like Kingdra or Scizor, who both benefit from the rain completely. Choice Band Scizor works great with your team, and if ya still wanted a rapid spinner, just replace SD on Kabutops with Rapid Spin. Try these sets.

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Atk / 48 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Surf / Waterfall

And Finally, make sure to have 0 Atk IVs on your Specially Oriented Pokemon to reduce damage from Confusion and Foul Play.

Hope it helps!
I like your avatar. :3

Yeah, I really make a lot of teams. I do that because I'm trying to find a style I'm comfortable at, and so far Rain seems like the best option.

Anyway... Poli has never died before, unless I needed to sacrifice him in late-game, so secondary rain is not a problem.

Tentacruel has already been replaced by Latias. However, I guess I can try to put Rapid Spin on Kabutops, I never got a chance to use Swords Dance much either way... I'll try Kingdra, since a mixed attacker seems good, and if I put Scizor I would only have two sources of Special Attack, one Mixed (Tornadus) and Ludicolo.

Changed the IVs, thanks!

Hey fren, nice team! Ill get straight to the point your team lacks two essential things, hazards and durability in your weather. I Would suggest running stealth rocks on your Swampert as it can get rocks up very easily, due to the fact that it forces the opponent to make immediate switches into their check/counter. Although you have stated that "Poli has never died before" I believe that it is an essential component to have two members of a rain team with the possibility to set rain, as this allows for a fall back if one of them is unfortunately taken out due to bad circumstances, which can hinder half your team if you only had one rain setter.

Sets I recommend:
Swampert-Mega (F) @ Swampertite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch/Superpower
- Stealth Rock

Like I stated before this set can get rocks for free most of the time and has been used on many successful rain teams. The EVs allow for you to out speed most speed crept Rotoms before you mega evolve to avoid getting burnt and potentially taking them out. Superpower can also be used over ice punch if you are looking to hit Ferrothorn or Rotom over lati@s.

Thundurus (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave/Focus Blast

This set allows you to get rain up 100% of the time as well as breaks things like Slowbro for your Swampert to sweep. I would recommend using this over Ludicolo as Thunderus can already do its job perfectly fine and actually support the rest of the team much nicer.Focus blast can be used over t-wave to allow you to deal with Ferrothorn more easily and so on. [hide/]

Hey fren, nice team! Ill get straight to the point your team lacks two essential things, hazards and durability in your weather. I Would suggest running stealth rocks on your Swampert as it can get rocks up very easily, due to the fact that it forces the opponent to make immediate switches into their check/counter. Although you have stated that "Poli has never died before" I believe that it is an essential component to have two members of a rain team with the possibility to set rain, as this allows for a fall back if one of them is unfortunately taken out due to bad circumstances, which can hinder half your team if you only had one rain setter.

Sets I recommend:
Swampert-Mega (F) @ Swampertite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch/Superpower
- Stealth Rock

Like I stated before this set can get rocks for free most of the time and has been used on many successful rain teams. The EVs allow for you to out speed most speed crept Rotoms before you mega evolve to avoid getting burnt and potentially taking them out. Superpower can also be used over ice punch if you are looking to hit Ferrothorn or Rotom over lati@s.

Thundurus (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave/Focus Blast

This set allows you to get rain up 100% of the time as well as breaks things like Slowbro for your Swampert to sweep. I would recommend using this over Ludicolo as Thunderus can already do its job perfectly fine and actually support the rest of the team much nicer.Focus blast can be used over t-wave to allow you to deal with Ferrothorn more easily and so on. [hide/]
Thanks, man.

I don't really need hazards; switching is already risky for the opponent because I can outspeed pretty much everything, and what switches WILL be hurt. And Low Kick is important in case T-Tar switches, as well as other pokémon.

However, Thundurus interests me, but I don't think I would like it that much, because I'd lose a pivotal Grass move. Would it be good to put it over, I guess Tornadus-T?

Thanks, man.

I don't really need hazards; switching is already risky for the opponent because I can outspeed pretty much everything, and what switches WILL be hurt. And Low Kick is important in case T-Tar switches, as well as other pokémon.

However, Thundurus interests me, but I don't think I would like it that much, because I'd lose a pivotal Grass move. Would it be good to put it over, I guess Tornadus-T?
Replacing It over Tornadus-T is a viable option as well, although you do lose a form of momentum which could be important for your team depending on your play style. I would recommend testing it out and seeing how you like it, other than that if your happy with how your team is ATM I recommend minimum changes to allow for more comfort and easy while playing.

Nah imo you gotta keep torn therian, otherwise grass mons really have a field day with you. Not having a pivot like torn t makes rain teams hard to use against things like amoonguss.
*edit* and use superpower on it too

Nah imo you gotta keep torn therian, otherwise grass mons really have a field day with you. Not having a pivot like torn t makes rain teams hard to use against things like amoonguss.
*edit* and use superpower on it too
Never have I found a situation where I would have preferred Superpower over Focus Blast.

What would be a good 'mon to replace with Thundurus-T?

I dont think you have to replace torn, its good on rain bc it deals with those pesky grass types

I dont think you have to replace torn, its good on rain bc it deals with those pesky grass types
I understand that, and that's why I'm not replacing Tornadus-T.

But is there a pokémon in my team that could be replaced by Rain Setter Thundurus-T and not hinder it?

Like spark3y suggested, rain dance on mega pert isnt a bad idea, try running it over ice punch/ low kick.

Like spark3y suggested, rain dance on mega pert isnt a bad idea, try running it over ice punch/ low kick.
This is a viable option as well, although you do have the ability to drop one of the coverage moves on Ludicolo or Kabutops and apply rain dance to them.

I'm using a similar Mega-Swampert, but with less speed and more bulk. Maybe I'll switch to your spread. Anyway, I'd suggest switching Low-Kick for Stone Edge. Stone Edge can really help against Mega-Zard Y, who, as mentioned, poses a big threat to rain teams. Also, it can hit gyarados for super-effective damage, who otherwise might pose a threat to Mega-Swampert.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)