Smogon Premier League VI - Week 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I understand quitting if you were stuck on a cancerous team with shit leadership, but the Sharks won SPL LAST YEAR. It's not like the Sharks did a terrible job of drafting either, they just had some guys who had off years. Also, as a newer SPL player you have an opportunity to make a statement for next year's draft by performing at a high level now. Quitting by no means increases your stock for SPL 7, and it isn't rare for players who were picked up one midseason to go undrafted the following year (Kebabe being a prime example). Nothing is official yet so I'd give some thought what you're doing to your teammates and managers.

I'll never understand the mentality of some players :[
fuck you

the Circus Maximus Tigers (0) vs the Indie Scooters (0)

ORAS OU: The DragonKnight vs xray
ORAS OU: RiCH HOMiE CHRiS vs Stathakis
ORAS Ubers: Fireburn vs Hack
ORAS UU: JabbaTheGriffin vs IronBullet93
ORAS RU: FAJI vs New Breed
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs RiCH HOMiE CA$ED
ORAS Doubles: Biosci vs Lohgock
BW OU: Thatsjustpeachy vs SkillinJah
DPP OU: Fakes vs liberty32
ADV OU: undisputed vs Alf'
GSC OU: Jorgen vs spawn yourself
RBY OU: Floppy vs Isa

the Alpha Ruiners (0) vs the Stark Sharks (0)

ORAS OU: Zamrock vs Prankster
ORAS OU: PDC vs Inflikted
ORAS Ubers: steelphoenix vs Edgar
ORAS UU: reachzero vs Laurel
ORAS RU: Meru vs Hot N Cold
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs The Goomy
ORAS Doubles: finally vs Zubat
BW2 OU: SoulWind vs Conflict
DPP OU: Lady Bug vs Heist
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Kevin Garrett
GSC OU: idiotfrommars vs M Dragon
RBY OU: Tiba vs gene

the Wifi Wolfpack (0) vs the Firebot Falcons (0)

ORAS OU: Adam vs Tesung
ORAS OU: Mencemeat vs IAmGingy
ORAS Ubers: aim vs PROBLEMS
ORAS UU: Tom Bus vs bugzinator
ORAS RU: Nails vs Pearl.
ORAS NU: reiku vs meeps
ORAS Doubles: soul_survivor vs TheFourthChaser
BW OU: Shoka vs High Impulse
DPP OU: Tamahome vs TV-Rocka
ADV OU: Danilo vs Golden Sun You can win one battle this week !
GSC OU: Colchonero vs Bomber92
RBY OU: Raish vs marcoasd

the Ever Grande BIGS (0) vs the Cryonicles (0)

ORAS OU: Destiny Device vs Living So Zambian
ORAS OU: TheEnder vs Meridian
ORAS Ubers: boudouche vs Sweep
ORAS UU: atomicllamas vs DestinyUnknown
ORAS RU: Ginku vs 49
ORAS NU: Finc2612 vs giara
ORAS Doubles: Laga vs kingofmars
BW OU: Evuelf vs Reymedy
DPP OU: Jirachee vs BKC
ADV OU: McMeghan vs Ojama
GSC OU: Hill vs Picollo
RBY OU: During Summer vs Lutra

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
While we're on the subject, I haven't been able to get ahold of HnC yet and I was hoping I'd actually get to play some RU since I bothered to rotate out of UU :pirate:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Wait.

Least you got picked. My supposed "friends" all backstabbed me. Every manager overpaid for 90% of their players. Shoutout classiest for buying every oras player, you guys are gonna win for sure.
This person, who was raging like mad about getting "backstabbed" by his "friends" and getting stuck with farm league. Is he actually quitting spl now that he actually got drafted? what the actual fuck.

I mean, I could be wrong and jumping into the fray for no reason at all, but it just seems ridiculous from this point of view

NU received yet more tier changes, assuming it doesn't affect team building for this week since they weren't banned at the start of the week? y/n

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
NU received yet more tier changes, assuming it doesn't affect team building for this week since they weren't banned at the start of the week? y/n
Correct, all tier shifts that happen in the middle of the week take effect the following week.

Sorry but quitting should be a tour ban of some sort. Essentially this late in the season, if teams do this it fucks up for teams that do actually have a chance of playoffs. It's match fixing in a way if teams are not fielding optimal squads. I'm struggling to explain this but I hope some of you catch my drift. Max you're a friend but you gotta understand me here.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Sorry but quitting should be a tour ban of some sort. Essentially this late in the season, if teams do this it fucks up for teams that do actually have a chance of playoffs. It's match fixing in a way if teams are not fielding optimal squads. I'm struggling to explain this but I hope some of you catch my drift. Max you're a friend but you gotta understand me here.
at least he's clearly had his opinion on what to do changed now, but yeah the point about not fielding non-optimal squads over people quitting stands, it'd be the same as intentionally losing any number of battles per week, so some sort of unsportsmanlike conduct infraction's usually in place in that scenario [judging from what i saw in UPL last year]

I understand quitting if you were stuck on a cancerous team with shit leadership, but the Sharks won SPL LAST YEAR. It's not like the Sharks did a terrible job of drafting either, they just had some guys who had off years. Also, as a newer SPL player you have an opportunity to make a statement for next year's draft by performing at a high level now. Quitting by no means increases your stock for SPL 7, and it isn't rare for players who were picked up one midseason to go undrafted the following year (Kebabe being a prime example). Nothing is official yet so I'd give some thought what you're doing to your teammates and managers.

I'll never understand the mentality of some players :[
I can tell you why people quit: They realized Pokemon is not fun, man. Yeah also, how do you know that these people don't have irl issues that came up during the SPL period and they'd rather focus on more important stuff than making a meaningless effort? Some people just take this game seriously and they'd rather play competitvely than play for funsies n_n for 2 more weeks.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Tox is right, it's annoying that the SPL season schedule should have such an effect. Fortunately the Sharks' last two weeks (vs Ruiners and vs Raiders) truly do not matter because both teams have already decided fates. But it seems unfair that, say, the Tigers have to spend their last two weeks fighting for playoff spots against motivated teams (Scooters and Cryos, who both need to win both weeks in order to make it in) while other teams get to play teams who have no reason to care anymore.

Our ability to control people's loss of motivation once their team's fate is sealed is very limited, but if we could at least punish people for refusing to play completely, that would be something.

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
image.jpg

The black and blue ranger still thinks you're a pathetic human being for counterteaming me.

Go BIGS minus Ginku.

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Bigs already won the tournament who cares(had to find a time to post this so i can quote it when they win xdxd)

playing sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)