Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

can i make a post about tips on how to do better in battles, to ultimately get to like top 50 on ladders? and then is it ok to link a youtube video, within that post, that basically says everything in the post, and has live battles showing u when to use the tips?

i have to ask a couple of questions:
i forgot the password of my old profile, "SJMistery", to the moment i have passed on with another, but i would like to recover my old one. how it can be done?
second. this is about the android ports. it has problems with the size and eats through the bill really fast. there is a way to make this effect less prominent?

Is it possible to change the showdown skin without the need of stylish? Or change the skin of the showdown.exe rather than on a browser? (For some reason my administrator is blocking chrome extensions)

I have always loved flying types and ghost types with levitate and when I heard about sky battles I was very happy about it when I was on pokemon showdown. But I only found out that there is no sky battles and I also saw that other types of battle format that I know others like are not there. So now I began to wonder how come all battle formats are in the pokemon games but all are not on showdown?

If the ability "No Guard" allows each attack made by the user hit and each hit against the user hit, why aren't ghosts (like Doublade) affect by fighting type moves? Am I mistaking "No Guard" as just each move made by the user hits, and only Scrappy can hit ghosts?

If the ability "No Guard" allows each attack made by the user hit and each hit against the user hit, why aren't ghosts (like Doublade) affect by fighting type moves? Am I mistaking "No Guard" as just each move made by the user hits, and only Scrappy can hit ghosts?
No Guard pretty much just makes it so that moves against and used by the Pokemon don't check accuracy. It doesn't affect type effectiveness, whereas Scrappy lets fighting and normal type moves hit ghost types.

I have always loved flying types and ghost types with levitate and when I heard about sky battles I was very happy about it when I was on pokemon showdown. But I only found out that there is no sky battles and I also saw that other types of battle format that I know others like are not there. So now I began to wonder how come all battle formats are in the pokemon games but all are not on showdown?
Sky Battle was removed because in addition to being very unpopular, it was obsolete. It was merely an XY format and ORAS allows anything in the sky.

You could say Sky Battle is now Anything Goes.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, so I got randomly challenged to a battle and I went to hit /away like normal, except now it blocks PMs as well. Is there a way to only block challenges now? I still want to talk to ppl in PMs, but being in lobby means that a lot of people will randomly challenge me and I don't wish to battle them. Either making a separate command to block challenges or going back to having the two separate commands overall would be much appreciated.

Hey, so I got randomly challenged to a battle and I went to hit /away like normal, except now it blocks PMs as well. Is there a way to only block challenges now? I still want to talk to ppl in PMs, but being in lobby means that a lot of people will randomly challenge me and I don't wish to battle them. Either making a separate command to block challenges or going back to having the two separate commands overall would be much appreciated.
Ok I tested it and there's a /blockchallenges command that doesn't also block pms

You can find some Chat plugins on GitHub. For example, clearall command:
Code:
   clearall: function (target, room, user) {
        if (!this.can('makeroom')) return this.sendReply('/clearall - Access denied.');
        var len = room.log.length,
            users = [];
        while (len--) {
            room.log[len] = '';
        }
        for (var user in room.users) {
            users.push(user);
            Users.get(user).leaveRoom(room, Users.get(user).connections[0]);
        }
        len = users.length;
        setTimeout(function() {
            while (len--) {
                Users.get(users[len]).joinRoom(room, Users.get(users[len]).connections[0]);
            }
        }, 1000);
    },
However there is not always all scripts as you want, so i suggest you make the scripts yourself.

You can find some Chat plugins on GitHub. For example, clearall command:
Code:
   clearall: function (target, room, user) {
        if (!this.can('makeroom')) return this.sendReply('/clearall - Access denied.');
        var len = room.log.length,
            users = [];
        while (len--) {
            room.log[len] = '';
        }
        for (var user in room.users) {
            users.push(user);
            Users.get(user).leaveRoom(room, Users.get(user).connections[0]);
        }
        len = users.length;
        setTimeout(function() {
            while (len--) {
                Users.get(users[len]).joinRoom(room, Users.get(users[len]).connections[0]);
            }
        }, 1000);
    },
However there is not always all scripts as you want, so i suggest you make the scripts yourself.
Thanks! This will help a lot!

The uptime is currently 3 days! However, I can't tell you an exact day on when the server is going to restart; but typically it does whenever we reach around 5 days of uptime.
Okay thanks, so estimate I will be unbanned on Tuesday night or morning (GMT)?

Mixed Wall
##########
name: Mixed Wall
move 1: Bug Bite
move 2: Iron Defense
move 3: Electroweb / String Shot
move 4: Poison Sting
ability: Shed Skin
item: Eviolite
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
nature: Sassy

WIP
I'll look into this thx. No point in being "mixed" if it's already terrible though

What does "Alumnus" means?
It means the person has x badge but is not currently active. Essentially they are taking a break that could be for many reasons, maybe they've lost interest in the area or maybe they have school or some other commitment that stops them from contributing enough etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)