ORAS OU Master-Gross and his Crew (Peaked #2 on the ladder)

Hi Smogon, i'm here to show to you this Hyper Offensive team, and stall sucks :]

Ladderproof:

Teambuilding process:

I wanted to fuck stall, so i started with Mega Metagross, which is a very good pokemon to fill this role, but the cocksucker Slowbro walls me and so I added Thundurus to my core

At this point I couldn't revengekill ScarfLandorus-T and Lopunny, and then IN scarfdeo, which is my primary revengekiller on this team

Ferrothorn was a pseudo check to my pokes, so i have chosen Talonflame, also for the prio

I had troubles with Rotom-W too, and Latios was my primary idea, and i have also the defogger

Defog=Stealth Rock, and there are very few offensive users, i chose Garchomp to put a lot of pressure on my opponent in the first turns

IN DEPTH

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him
Master Chief (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Substitute

Mega Metagross is a really good pokemon (you don't say?), and is able to give a lot of troubles to
both to offensive and defensive teams with his bulk, speed, and raw power.
I wanted to try a set with the sub, in order to avoid twave from celebi, leech seed from ferrothorn and will-o-wisp from Mew, using them to free set up the sub.
Hammer Arm over EQ cause since ferrothorn is a setup bait i needed a way to hit him, keeping hitting heatran and other steel types, such as bisharp.

This is it, baby. Hold me.
Avery Johnson (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
-Hidden Power [Ice] Grass Knot
- Knock Off
So, this thing COMPLETELY DESTROYS stall, tbolt is the main reason i chose him, allowing me to get the ohko on slowbro. I decided to remove the hidden power cause i had a lot of problems against quagsire and so i can baitkill him, hippowdon and other fucking stalling things.
Knock Off + Superpower are here to destroy the pink fat nurse, and baitkilling excadrill and magnezone on the switchin.
EV spread to take always the ohko on Tios after srocks w/knock off.​

Cortana, all I need to know is did we lose them?
Jacob Keyes (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Keldeo is my only way to effectively revengekill scarf landorus-t and i chose the scarf set specially to deal with him and mega lopunny, being able to get the ohko on either of them, respectively with secret sword and scald. Hydro pump is here to achieve some crucial ohkos, such as gengar. Hp bug can get the 2hko on cancercelebi on the obv switchin.

Thanks, Chief. I owe you one
Miranda Keyes (Talonflame) (F) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
Ow, the smogonbird :').

Now, i needed something to clean-up in lategame and sd talonflame is the perfect pokemon to do this. Exerciting pressure on many things, such as conkeldurr, sylveon (maybe bluffing the band), is able to setup quite easily, and provides me another way to hit ferrothorn.

Greetings, humans, and welcome to Installation 04! Ignore prior warnings, and please continue. I have disabled defensive systems to allow your approach, but you must not exit your ship once you have arrived at the designated landing center. This ring contains significant dangers, and even with your assumed legacy, I must verify the presence and pitch of your geas before allowing full access. We have much to discuss, humans. I have been away far too long. You have been away far too long.
343 Guilty Spark (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Talonflame doesn't appreciate rocks, and i had to pick an hazard cleaner. I was undecided between Lati@s, and my main point was to hard hit rotom-w, and both of them could fullfit this role perfectely. Then i decided for the boy, as i realized i needed another fire move, to better deal with zor and ferrothorn.​

Everyone, sir?
Cortana (Garchomp) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
Then, i looked for some offensive setters that can be really useful blocking the volt switch and u-turn (rough skin) and garchomp is the ideal. With sword dance can easily take off wall that try to burn it reducing the escalation of attack to 0 . Garchomp is really bulk and fast itself so sashed can work even as a sweeper . Wonderful isn't it?

Replays:

Threat List
: This thing is soo annoiyng; when I see him on the team preview, i try to keep rocks on the field, making pressure with my anti-defogger (Defiant Thundy).
Also this thing is quite difficult to deal with, especially the substitute set, otherwise i can easily rkill w/scarfdeo or tflame
Mega Punny can be a problem, especially if my talonflame is in fake out range, i usually revengekill with keldeo or tflame ez
Excadrill under the sand is the major threat to my team. The only way i have to play against him is to do much pillaring between eq/iron head.

Shotouts:
Thanks to telegod which is banned lol for encouraging me to do this and to Trouble In UranuS for suggesting me Gknot>hp ice on thund. Last shotout to Will of Fire for giving to me italian "IGNORANZA" and for defiant thund

Importable:
Master Chief (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Substitute

Jacob Keyes (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Miranda Keyes (Talonflame) (F) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

343 Guilty Spark (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Avery Johnson (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off

Cortana (Garchomp) (F) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Excadrill basically steamrolls you and you're forced to do the EQ/IHead switching game whenever it comes in. Don't know how to remedy this without changing much that's entirely up to you. Other then that, it's a nicely done standard-ish build with unexpected moves to gain momentum. Gliscor and, to an extent Defensive Land-T can give you a hard time, as without HP Ice on Thundy, everything on your team struggles to take it out, besides Scarf Keldeo and Latios and both of them have drawbacks such as being Scarfed/or having the -2 SpAtk drop. SpDef Gliscor can also Roost on your Draco and force you out. I suggest running Ice Punch over Zen Headbutt on Mega Metagross to solve this. Zen headbutt's targets are Keldeo, Mega Venu and Rotom-W. Mega Venu is still nicely dealt with by Spamming MM and Talon/Latios can force it out. Lati/Talon/Thund/ScarfKeld means opposing Keldeo won't be a problem and Zbutt only does 20% more damage than hammer arm to Rotom-W and it can be easily played around. (Most of them just come in on Chomp and get weakened).

Scotti

we back.
This is such a great team, it is hard to find a problem with it. However, after looking at your threat list; I have a few suggestions that may help.

Have you ever thought of running tank chomp over lead chomp. A lot of people I know I have been running tank chomp, and it is a very solid mon. It also preforms a lot better against excadrill, mega lopunny, and mega gyarados. Just from contact they take around 25%. This is great against excadrill, because if you bring it in on an iron head, then excadrill takes up to 35%. This also helps against for revenging lop and mega dos, because they take 25% from every contact move. If mega lop fake out, then it take 25% and chomp can live another attacking. This guarantees atleast around 50% on mega lop or mega dos. I suggest changing thundy spread to 64 atk | 192 spatk | 252 spe | This spread allows you to KO the same things with the 64 attack, but gives extra power in spatk. It does nothing big, but it distribute you ev's better. 64 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 263-309 (87.6 - 103%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. It kills the main thing you need for 76 atk.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Thats all I got. Amazing team :]

Just wanna say nice team. I think I faced it myself this weekend and the Scarf Keldeo did beat my Mega Gyarados. I remember from the clever nicknames.

This is such a great team, it is hard to find a problem with it. However, after looking at your threat list; I have a few suggestions that may help.

Have you ever thought of running tank chomp over lead chomp. A lot of people I know I have been running tank chomp, and it is a very solid mon. It also preforms a lot better against excadrill, mega lopunny, and mega gyarados. Just from contact they take around 25%. This is great against excadrill, because if you bring it in on an iron head, then excadrill takes up to 35%. This also helps against for revenging lop and mega dos, because they take 25% from every contact move. If mega lop fake out, then it take 25% and chomp can live another attacking. This guarantees atleast around 50% on mega lop or mega dos. I suggest changing thundy spread to 64 atk | 192 spatk | 252 spe | This spread allows you to KO the same things with the 64 attack, but gives extra power in spatk. It does nothing big, but it distribute you ev's better. 64 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 263-309 (87.6 - 103%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. It kills the main thing you need for 76 atk.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Thats all I got. Amazing team :]
First of all, thanks for the rate. Secondly, it's a nice suggestion to try tankchomp, and i'll try it, cause it can solve a lot of problems of my team. Also nice thundurus' spread, i never tought about it and i'll try it

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
This team is really good and its a lot of fun to use. I love how Garchomp can sweep while setting up rocks too. The only thing I could address would be that Metagross has 3 moves with 90% accuracy each. I actually lost a match because meteor mash missed and I realized its always safe to have at least 1 move with 100% accuracy. I ran earthquake over substitute and I recently added grass knot which helps against slowbro. Besides that its an extremely solid team. Nice job.

This team is really good and its a lot of fun to use. I love how Garchomp can sweep while setting up rocks too. The only thing I could address would be that Metagross has 3 moves with 90% accuracy each. I actually lost a match because meteor mash missed and I realized its always safe to have at least 1 move with 100% accuracy. I ran earthquake over substitute and I recently added grass knot which helps against slowbro. Besides that its an extremely solid team. Nice job.
Yeah i know that's pretty bad having 3 90% accuracy moves and sometimes is frustrating losing a match because of this; but I really need the sub on my set, cause it helps me a lot avoiding some random will-o-wisp for example from mega sableye. Thanks for the rate n.n

Hey man, I must say this is a pretty well built team and I am using it myself. Just needed to add a few tweaks to it like replacing lad chomp with physically defensive rocky helmet chomp as Scotti suggested, replace grass knot on thundy with hp ice to take care of landos, gliscors etc if keldeo is gone/ choice locked into something else and added grass knot to mega metagrosss for quaqsires and slowbros. Otherwise, I must say it is an amazing team :)

Hey man, I must say this is a pretty well built team and I am using it myself. Just needed to add a few tweaks to it like replacing lad chomp with physically defensive rocky helmet chomp as Scotti suggested, replace grass knot on thundy with hp ice to take care of landos, gliscors etc if keldeo is gone/ choice locked into something else and added grass knot to mega metagrosss for quaqsires and slowbros. Otherwise, I must say it is an amazing team :)
I already use rocky chomp and it's sooo good :). As i said before, i really need the sub on this metagross' set, cause i can get a free one on ferrothorn, and some wow users. Keldeo can deal very well with lando and scor and so i don't really need the hp ice.

I'd actually move from a Lead or Tank Garchomp to a LumSD Chomp, as that set can get Rocks up on Mega Eye stall decently. While it can't lead against said stall, it can get Rocks up effectively mid battle (Sableye switches in on SD, tries to burn next turn and you SD again, and then OHKO with +4 EQ). The problem with Tank Chomp is that it loses a lot of momentum because it can't deal out much damage. Even if you don't run into Mega Eye, SD Garchomp can be a powerful breaker that helps against fatter teams and cores.

You could also look into Modest on Keldeo over Timid. You don't miss out on too many targets (mostly a few Rain sweepers) and it could give you a little extra punch. More of an option if you feel its damage output is slightly lacking.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

I'd actually move from a Lead or Tank Garchomp to a LumSD Chomp, as that set can get Rocks up on Mega Eye stall decently. While it can't lead against said stall, it can get Rocks up effectively mid battle (Sableye switches in on SD, tries to burn next turn and you SD again, and then OHKO with +4 EQ). The problem with Tank Chomp is that it loses a lot of momentum because it can't deal out much damage. Even if you don't run into Mega Eye, SD Garchomp can be a powerful breaker that helps against fatter teams and cores.

You could also look into Modest on Keldeo over Timid. You don't miss out on too many targets (mostly a few Rain sweepers) and it could give you a little extra punch. More of an option if you feel its damage output is slightly lacking.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
Lum chomp could be very useful, i'll try it, also modest deo is a nice suggestion, but he can't outspeed char x jolly after a dd

Lum chomp could be very useful, i'll try it, also modest deo is a nice suggestion, but he can't outspeed char x jolly after a dd
Actually, the trendy Jolly Char-X spread is just enough to outspeed Lando-T (310 speed). Modest Keldeo comes in at 315 speed so that's less of an issue. I mean, you could run into a max speed one on the ladder but most Char-X should just want to get past Lando and then put the rest in bulk.

Actually, the trendy Jolly Char-X spread is just enough to outspeed Lando-T (310 speed). Modest Keldeo comes in at 315 speed so that's less of an issue. I mean, you could run into a max speed one on the ladder but most Char-X should just want to get past Lando and then put the rest in bulk.
Uhm, yeah, i'll try both of them, Ty for the rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)