ORAS OU Cancerpass

So, most of the time when you want to build a team, you want to try to find something creative that works.

Alternatively, you can just go for maximum ladder cancer.

Warning, this is pretty terrible.

The team:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Light Screen
- Explosion

This guy is a really basic suicide lead. It wants to set up hazards while preventing the opposing team from setting up or putting up their own hazards, then kaboom. Very easy to use.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 184 Def / 72 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

Landorus-T is everywhere right now. Landorus-T is also very bad for Charizard, and for Espeon. Dealing with it is annoying. Thundurus exists to both take care of Lando-T, and piss off the opposing player because it is annoying to deal with.

252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 184 Def Thundurus: 252-298 (84.2 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
72 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 354-416 (110.9 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If the opponent does not have Lando, it can also Nasty Plot + T-wave to get a kill or two in.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance/Belly Drum
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Charizard serves as a sweeper -- it dragon dances, then attacks. It has gotten a lot easier to use this thing post greninja and M-metagross bans. Belly drum is also acceptable.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Memento
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Encore

Whimsicott's here to subseed for as long as possible, use encore if possible, then Memento and switch to scolipede. This generally makes the opponent frustrated. I guess it doesn't really need a focus sash any more, but when Mega Metagross was in play, focus sash let it survive the bullet punch to memento M-Meta and switch to scoli.

Scolipede @ Mental Herb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Substitute

Scolipede sets up iron defenses, and hopefully a substitute, then passes the results to Espeon. The mental herb lets it takes a taunt, if necessary, while setting up a sub for non-pranksters or passing if the taunter has prankster.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Morning Sun

Espeon's on the team to abuse passed boosts from scoli. Stored power is good, and D-gleam will do big damage to anything immune to stored power.

This team is really, really terrible, and I'm sorry that I use it. It can consistently take down people high on the ladder not because it's a better team, but simply because it is total bullshit and if you aren't prepared for it there's not much you can do.

It's cancer.

Honorable mention:

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Before M-Metagross was banned, Stall Talonflame was really good (in place of thundurus), but since the ban an answer to lando-T has become much more necessary.

I've gotten up to ~1650 with this before, shouldn't be hard to get up higher, but laddering takes time. I used it to get reqs in the greninja suspect test.

Fun replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-215118255
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214881885

I use a similar team in UU, and instead of Scolipede I have Combusken. :heart:
You might consider giving some more speed EV to Espeon:
16 Speed EV (what I am using right now) allows you to outspeed neutral 252 speed 80-speeders, like Altaria and Mamoswine, as well as neutral Mega Septile/Beedrill at +1;
24 Speed EV allows you to outspeed neutral 252 speed Gyarados;
28 Speed EV allows you to outspeed max speed 70-speeder, like Breloom and Metagross before mega;
etc.

I use a similar team in UU, and instead of Scolipede I have Combusken. :heart:
You might consider giving some more speed EV to Espeon:
16 Speed EV (what I am using right now) allows you to outspeed neutral 252 speed 80-speeders, like Altaria and Mamoswine, as well as neutral Mega Septile/Beedrill at +1;
24 Speed EV allows you to outspeed neutral 252 speed Gyarados;
28 Speed EV allows you to outspeed max speed 70-speeder, like Breloom and Metagross before mega;
etc.
Yeah, I've thought about this, but on the other hand, Espeon is, in 90% of circumstances, only sent out with like +3 speed or more from scoli, so...

scires man i love you and the work you have done on pokegen but in all honesty this team isnt amazing gimicks dont really get you far on the lader and that zard set is kinda bad as belly drum is terrible and most of your evs are not optimal

scires man i love you and the work you have done on pokegen but in all honesty this team isnt amazing gimicks dont really get you far on the lader and that zard set is kinda bad as belly drum is terrible and most of your evs are not optimal
Oh, yeah, for sure, this team is terrible. I specifically mention that at the top.

Gimmicks actually do get you pretty far on the ladder, though, I recommend trying it out.

Oh, yeah, for sure, this team is terrible. I specifically mention that at the top.

Gimmicks actually do get you pretty far on the ladder, though, I recommend trying it out.
ok hahaha may i ask got any new programs that will blow away the hacking community?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)