AbNormal {Community Project} [Voting Phase]

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I prefer Ground type Slam. I'm fine with either one for Happy Hour.

Horn Attack
(New type: Bug)
Stantler, Sawsbuck, Absol, Samurott, Aggron
Self-explanatory. They first four learn Megahorn, and Aggron's horns are a preeminent part of it's design.

Weather Ball (New type: Flying)
Manaphy, Houndoom, Heliolisk, Sunflora, Kingdra
All Pokemon with weather-oriented abilities. Manaphy is related to the sea, and if Lugia gets it (Kyogre is also an obvious pick), Manaphy should definitely get it.

Hyper Fang (New type: Dark)
Chespin, Pikachu, Emolga, Dedenne, Nidoran
Every Pokemon that gets Hyper Fang is a rodent, and these are all rodents. I thought these would be the most obvious picks.

It's Voting Time!
If you do not know how to vote, please read the OP.
If your submission is fused with another's yet you want your submission to be separate, notify me asap.

Beedrill
Pinsir
Ariados
Scolipede
Gogoat (This and above by MegaGallade)
Lapras
Excadrill
Rapidash
Xerneas (This and above by Ghoul King)
Hitmontop (By EverM)
Stantler
Sawsbuck
Absol
Samurott
Aggron (This and above by the someone)

Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza (This and above by Amitghosh)
Hippopotas
Snover
Tyranitar
Vulpix
Politoed (This and above by MegaGallade)
Tornadus
Articuno
Moltres
Zapdos (This and above by Ghoul King)
Charizard (By GiveUsYourBones)
Ludicolo
Shiftry
Oddish
Petilil (This and above by EverM)
Manaphy
Houndoom
Heliolisk
Sunflora
Kingdra (This and above by the someone)
Amaura (By Phione)

Mawile (By Amitghosh)
Sharpedo
Walrein
Huntail
Tyrantrum (This and above by MegaGallade)
Mightyena
Houndoom
Deino
Krookodile (This and above by Ghoul King)
Chespin
Pikachu
Emolga
Dedenne
Nidoran (This and above by the someone)

Steel (MegaGallade)
Water (Ghoul King)

Ground (MegaGallade)
Dragon (Ghoul King)
Fighting (GiveUsYourBones)

Due to a lack of submissions, this move's type has already been decided.
Fighting (Ghoul King)

Steel (MegaGallade)
Fighting (Ghoul King)

Rock (MegaGallade)
Fighting (Ghoul King)

Grass (Amitghosh/Ghoul King)

Psychic (Ghoul King)
Fairy (GiveUsYourBones)

Grass (Amitghosh)
Psychic (MegaGallade/Ghoul King)

Note: Slam is now Grass type and Happy Hour is now Dark type.

To keep the thread alive, here are a few discussion points from the previous week's changes and more:
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Do you think any of last week's Recipient-Pokemon will get more usage because of these new moves and why?
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Rock type Bide, Fighting type Mega Punch, Poison type Bind and Grass type Slam?
  • Are there any unanswered questions you want to know specifically about this Pet Mod? If so, please tag me when asking the question and I will reply.

Once again, thanks for submitting, and get voting!

Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Rock type Bide, Fighting type Mega Punch, Poison type Bind and Grass type Slam?
Actually, it does matter that Bide is Rock type, because it respects immunities in Gen VI! As such, Bide is now slightly less crappy because it's impossible to switch in something immune to it. (Well, I think Shedinja is still safe because it's fixed damage and thus not capable of being super effective, but otherwise...)

Mega Punch is utter garbage. Dexsearching to see if it adds Fighting coverage to anything at all, the answer is no. Even aside from Facade being omnipresent and arguably far superior, everything that learns Mega Punch learns some other, better Fighting move. It's not like it's even OK for No Guard Pokemon -the only relevant ones get Dynamic Punch, and worse yet Machamp gets Cross Chop and Mega Kick. Nobody is going to run it, simple as that.

Bind is basically a downgrade. You can hit Ghosts with it, but you can't actually trap Ghosts so that's dubious in its utility, especially since Ghosts resist the Poison type and the initial hit is incredibly weak. (I'd actually forgotten moves still go down to 15 BP) Meanwhile you can't trap Steel types anymore, whom are one of the more worthwhile targets to trap and hit with residual damage, since so many of them lack actual recovery and have high defenses. Gaining STAB and the potential to hit Grass and Fairy super effectively is nice, but even a STAB hit on Whimsicott is still effectively 90 BP, at which point you might as well have used some good off-stab move (eg Return), or just hit it with Poison Jab and popped it outright, honestly. It's bad.

Slam is essentially "inaccurate Seed Bomb" and so is pretty iffy, but there's actually a decent selection of Pokemon where this is their whole Physical Grass coverage. Azumarill, Carracosta, Dewgong, Dragonite, Furret, Hydreigon, Kingler, Mawile, Omastar, Quagsire, Raichu, Rampardos, and Steelix (And in all cases their unevolved forms too) get Slam and that's it for their Physical Grass coverage. (If not their only Grass outright, though Omastar is far more likely to use Wring Out, which is Special Grass and much more powerful) I don't actually see this effecting.... well, any of them, in all honesty, but I guess it might show up on Azumarill or something, at least in Gravity abusing teams.

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
Not a big fan of giving the Weather Trio Weather Ball to be honest. Groudon and Kyogre could, I guess, use it as "Stronger than Flamethrower/Surf but more reliable than Fire Blast/Hydro Pump/Eruption/Water Spout" but I don't see it happening ever, and for Rayquaza it's... actually thinking on it, we made Weather Ball Flying type, and Delta Stream doesn't change its typing but does double its firepower, so on second thought that's actually cool, that Mega Rayquaza gets a Special Flying move of note!

But Kyogre and Groudon getting it is still dumb, and I don't think it's even all that flavorful.

The only other thing I have to comment on is: isn't it kind of not in the spirit/letter of the rules to submit 5 move-added possibilities where one of those is two species? (Nidoran) Isn't that in fact submitting six Pokemon to get the move?

Do you think any of last week's Recipient-Pokemon will get more usage because of these new moves and why?
The Regis are now usable! Hooray for Slack Off! (Well, maybe not Regigigas still...) Also Curselax is more threatening than ever. Bibarel is pretending to be relevant. Stallrein is better than ever. And Dewgong is also pretending to be relevant and doing a less convincing job than Bibarel.

Boomburst makes Yanmega actually kind of scary when backed by Tinted Lens, makes Flare Boost Drifblim something I can believe might actually happen because that's a lot of firepower to throw around, even off a mere 90 base Special Attack. Also Electrode is pretending to be relevant. (Actually it is relevant, because Explosion is a good type now. But 80 Special Attack on an off-STAB move, even when it's Boomburst, is only relevant if Electrode tries frying things with Electric and the enemy switches in a Grass type to "wall" it, which is extremely questionable when Explosion is Fire typed)

Tri Attack has little effect on Klinklang (It already gets Thunderbolt, which is stronger and has a predictable side effect, as well as Discharge, which is just as strong and the effect kicks in more often), isn't going to save Vespiquen however much I might hope, gives Weezing Electric coverage which is nice but slightly flawed (Ground resists Poison and is immune to Electric), Exeggutor has simply gained a non-Terrain-alterable Tri Attack (It already gets Nature Power), Probopass doesn't particularly care for the same reasons as Klinklang, Sudowoodo doesn't care because where its Attack is 100 its Special Attack is 30, Jumpluff has picked up Electric coverage in actual fact (It doesn't get Nature Power) but this is iffy since it already struggles against Grass types, and Roserade is in the same position as Exeggutor. (Already gets Nature Power) So basically Weezing might run it and matter. Ouch. Wasn't expecting it to be this disappointing before I started writing...

Last edited:
(Most) Votes are in!

+Horn Attack (By MegaGallade <Gogo, Pins & Scol>, Ghoul King <Rap, Lap & Xern>, the someone <Sam, Stan , Saw & Ab> and EverM <Hit>)
+Hyper Fang (By Amitghosh <Maw>, MegaGallade <Shar, Hun, Wal & Tyra>, Ghoul King <Migh, Houn & Kroo> and the someone <Pika, Emo, Deden, Nid-M & Nid-F> )

Guillotine Steel (By MegaGallade )
Chip Away Fighting (By GiveUsYourBones )
Pound Fighting (By Ghoul King )
Comet Punch Fighting (By Ghoul King )

Block Rock (By MegaGallade )
Growth Grass (By Amitghosh and Ghoul King )
Minimize Psychic (By Ghoul King )
Note: Because of a voting problem, the results for the recipients of Weather Ball will be presented when all voters have corrected how they present their votes. Sorry for inconvenience- I decided to post the results we already have instead of letting people wait another day. Also, please see the bottom of this post to see why Recycle is not here.

Thanks to all that submitted!
And now...

Moves to give to Pokemon (Note: Submissions that have already been made (i.e. Using the same type, with same moves and with the exact same justification as someone who submitted before) will not be included)

Noble Roar (New type: Fire) *
Smelling Salts (New type: Fighting)
Double Hit (New type: Dark)

Damaging moves

Rage
Hold Back
False Swipe
Hidden Power (Note: This is purely aesthetic as there is no Normal-type Hidden Power)

Status moves

Screech
Lucky Chant
Mimic
Copycat

*I know this is a signature move, but Pokemon who get that move always tend to have a better option. So thus, we are giving this move to others.

Here are a few discussion points also:
  • What more 'moves-to-give-to-Pokemon' can we do?
  • We have a tie in the votes for 'Recycle'! Along with the submissions, which option would you go for and why? Options:
  • Grass (Amitghosh) Justification: 'Recycling is for protecting the environment, going green.'
  • Psychic (MegaGallade/Ghoul King) Justification: 'A held item that was used magically reappears!'/'Because the single most common type to learn it is Psychic.'
Get submitting and thanks for reading!
The only other thing I have to comment on is: isn't it kind of not in the spirit/letter of the rules to submit 5 move-added possibilities where one of those is two species? (Nidoran) Isn't that in fact submitting six Pokemon to get the move?
Sorry about that.I won't allow it next time, just this once, and it was a mistake on my part.

Last edited:
Smelling Salts is also a signature move, being only naturally learned by Hariyama's line -everything else that can get it acquires it through breeding.

I'm personally against passing both it and Noble Roar out.

Also, you have Rage listed under both Damaging moves and Status moves for some reason.

Double Hit
Recipients: None

Why: Because an effectively 70 BP, 90 Accuracy move that is flatly worse than Frustration is not worth passing out, even to Technician Pokemon. (And Hitmontop is the only one that doesn't get it that I can see it making sense for) 105 BP is only 3 BP over Frustration, which is not worth the Accuracy hit.

Rage
Dark type

Why: RAGE. Do I really need to clarify? (I'd go with Dragon, but there's Dragon Rage, so that seems a bit nonsensical -"See, there's Dragon Rage, and then there's Dragon Dragon Rage. Totally different!")

Hold Back
Fighting type

Why: The Japanese name is Go Easy and either way it suggests to me a fighting master whom is doing something like teaching a student rather than breaking their bones -so, Fighting type.

False Swipe
Steel type

Why: The Japanese name is about hitting with the back of a sword -a presumably metal sword. And we've already made other sword-related moves Steel even when it's a stretch...

Hidden Type
Fighting type

Why: Draw out your hidden inner potential!

Screech
Flying type

Why: Alas, yes, I am succumbing to the sound waves=Flying type logic. Well, the real reason is I want to do Steel, but that's dumb -"See, there's this metallic sound that lowers Defense we call Screech, and there's this other metallic sound that lowers Special Defense we call Metal Sound. This makes perfect sense shut up."

Mimic
Rock type

Why: Because, briefly, it was Sudowoodo's signature move, sort of. And because there's not enough Rock type Status moves in the world. :(

Copycat
Fairy type

Why: Learned pretty heavily by Fairies, particularly with AbNormal's changes, and mostly by cutesy baby Pokemon. So, Fairy.

We have a tie in the votes for 'Recycle'! Along with the submissions, which option would you go for and why?
Mine. The "Recycling is green" logic doesn't seem to have anything to do with Pokemon. Heck, only one Grass type line learns it. (And one Poison type line learns it too -Garbodor, made of garbage) Most Pokemon that learn it either appear to simply pick up rubbish off the ground or to literally magic it up by virtue of being a Psychic type. Or by being God: Arceus gets it. No "Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle" logic to any of them. (Note that the one Grass type line to learn it is part of the Elemental Monkeys, and they all learn it, probably on the logic of finding things lying about and taking them)

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Noble Roar (New type: Fire)
Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Arcanine, Furfrou
Firstly, they all learn Roar. Secondly, they're all related to nobility (the legendary musketeers, the "legendary" dog and the guardian of the king).

Smelling Salts (New type: Fighting)
Pachirisu
It's the only Pokemon that I could find that would use it. Not only does it not have Fighting coverage (for whatever that's worth), but it also has Nuzzle. There's no flavor involved, but it can physically perform the move at least.

Double Hit (New type: Dark)
None
Nothing would ever use it.

Hold Back

Fairy
Fairy type is related to playfulness, and holding back.

False Swipe
Steel
It's Japanese name is Strike with the Back of the Sword. Same reasoning as Swords Dance.
Hidden Power
Psychic
You can only discover a Pokemon's HP type in-game by talking with a human psychic. Unown only learns this move, and it's a Psychic type.

Screech
Dark
Unpleasant Tone = Dark.

Mimic
Psychic
Basically because of Mr. Mime. It's a mime artist. Mime Jr. only evolves with Mimic as a move. Psychic is also more related to mimicry than Rock, the other imitation Pokemon's type.

We have a tie in the votes for 'Recycle'! Along with the submissions, which option would you go for and why?
Both are kind of a stretch... but then again, every other possibility is, and those are the more fitting ones. While it pains me to say that recycling is magical, that's the pattern it was established by the Pokemon that learn the move, so I'm going with Psychic.

Noble Roar
Luxray
Luxray is also a lion, so why not?

EDIT: Since Lucky Chant is now one of the moves for submission, I'll include it

Lucky Chant
Fairy
Its the closest type that I coul associate with luck.

Last edited:
Double Hit
Absol, Hitmontop, Minccino
I could imagine Mega-Absol using its wing thingies and horn to hit a Pokemon. I think it would look cool. Hitmontop and Minccino are just some Technician Pokemon that I think kind of make sense with the move flavor-wise.

Rage
Dragon
Even though I know it's weird because Dragon Rage is already an attack, it just seems to make sense that lashing out and being rageful is a thing that dragons do.

False Swipe
Bug
A lot of bug types can learn it, and I feel like it makes sense because we Scratch as bug type.

Screech
Steel
I actually like Ghoul King's reason for Steel.

As for Recycle, considering we don't have a lot of flavor to work with, I think the fact that Psychic types learn it so much is our best option.

EDIT:
Noble Roar
Entei, Raikou, Suicune
These three just seem to emanate nobility, and they all can Roar.

Last edited:
Noble Roar
Entei, Raikou
These two just seem to emanate nobility, and they can Roar. (I would have included Suicune as well, but Suicune doesn't learn Roar, and it wouldn't really make sense aesthetically because of typing. Besides, Suicune doesn't really look like the kind of mon to actually roar.)

Double Hit
Absol, Hitmontop, Minccino
I could imagine Mega-Absol using its wing thingies and horn to hit a Pokemon. I think it would look cool. Hitmontop and Minccino are just some Technician Pokemon that I think kind of make sense with the move flavor-wise.

Rage
Dragon
Even though I know it's weird because Dragon Rage is already an attack, it just seems to make sense that lashing out and being rageful is a thing that dragons do.

False Swipe
Bug
A lot of bug types can learn it, and I feel like it makes sense because we Scratch as bug type.

Screech
Steel
I actually like Ghoul King's reason for Steel.

As for Recycle, considering we don't have a lot of flavor to work with, I think the fact that Psychic types learn it so much is our best option.
Suicune can learn roar… what are you talking about "suicune cant learn roar" lol.

The votes for Weather Ball have now all been counted!

+Weather Ball (By MegaGallade <Sno, Vul, Hip & Poli>, Phione <Ama>, EverM <Lud & Shif>, the someone <Helio> and Amitghosh <Kyo & Grou>

Also, you have Rage listed under both Damaging moves and Status moves for some reason.
My mistake, in that case we will have Lucky Chant instead for a status move.

Double Hit

Recipients: Metang, Binacle, Doublade, Diggersby, Cherubi
Sigh, it's a shame Double Hit is such a bad move, yet we are doing it. Anyways, Metang's RS Dex Entries state it is made of two Beldum, so Double Hit would make some sense for it. Binacle has two heads, which is also the reason Doduo possibly gets it. Doublade is made of two swords, Diggersby has two giant ears (Note: Lopunny learns Double Hit, preferably because of her ears, so why not Diggersby?) and Cherubi has the same reasoning as Weezing, who gets the move too- being made of two individual bodies.

Noble Roar:
Recipients: Darmanitan
Because Noble Roar is fire type, and Darmanitan learns Roar, as well as being half-based on Gorillas which , with lions, can be interpreted as 'Kings of the Jungle'.

Smelling Salts:
Recipients: Breloom, Gallade
They both learn paralysis-inducing moves (Stun Spore and Thunder Wave respectively) as well as being Fighting type. The Japanese name for the move is also 'Resuscitation', and the first two both have arms of sorts to do resuscitation.

Screech
Ghost
Various types of ghosts screech.

False Swipe
Fighting
Same reasoning as Ghoul King's 'Hold Back' submission, as the description calls it a 'restrained attack'. Also, since the japanese name references swords, Sacred Sword and Secret Sword are Fighting type.

The Japanese name for the move is also 'Resuscitation', and the first two both have arms of sorts to do resuscitation.
I'd just like to point out that Gallade's arms are blades. Gallade is about the last thing I'd want looming over my paralyzed body, telling me "It's going to be all right"...

Breloom's arms are also questionable at the job, but at least they're unlikely to kill me in the process. (And yes I know Smelling Salts is an attack that does damage)

So disappointed that Rayquaza didn't get Weather Ball and the other two did. :(

Lucky Chant
Fairy type

Why: Learned pretty heavily by Fairies, mostly. I also think it makes sense in terms of Fairies being associated with lucky in folklore etc.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Smelling Salts
Audino,
Chansey,
Alomomola,
Aromatisse

Pretty much gave it to mons with medical flavor to them, as both the effect and the flavor (both Resuscitation and Smelling Salts have to do with curing its patients on some way). And before any questions arise, if Mola can Double Slap, then I think it can do a resuscitation. Don't care about competitive value that much - Smelling Salts sucks anyways.

Hidden Power
Fairy-type

Outside of Normal, which does not exist in this meta, Fairy is the only other type that does not have a Hidden Power attached to its typing, so it makes sense to me that Hidden Power should be Fairy.

Don't have much else for the others.

Sorry for the lateness, but It's Voting Time!
If you do not know how to vote, please read the OP.
If your submission is fused with another's yet you want your submission to be separate, notify me asap.

Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Arcanine
Furfrou (This and above by the someone)
Luxray (By EverM)
Entei
Raikou
Suicune (This and above by GiveUsYourBones)
Darmanitan (By MegaGallade)

Pachirisu (By the someone)
Breloom
Gallade (This and above by MegaGallade)
Audino
Chansey
Alomomola
Aromatisse (This and above by The Reptile)

Absol
Hitmontop
Minccino (This and above by GiveUsYourBones)
Metang
Binacle
Doublade
Diggersby
Cherubi (This and above by MegaGallade)

Dark (Ghoul King)
Dragon (GiveUsYourBones)

Fighting (Ghoul King)
Fairy (the someone)

Steel (Ghoul King/the someone)
Bug (GiveUsYourBones)
Fighting (MegaGallade)

Fighting (Ghoul King)
Psychic (the someone)
Fairy (The Reptile)

Flying (Ghoul King)
Dark (the someone)
Steel (GiveUsYourBones)
Ghost (MegaGallade)

Fairy (EverM/Ghoul King)

Rock (Ghoul King)
Psychic (the someone)

Fairy (Ghoul King)

Note: Recycle is now Psychic type.

To keep the thread alive, here are a few discussion points from the previous week's changes and more:
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Do you think any of last week's Recipient-Pokemon will get more usage because of these new moves and why?
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Steel type Guillotine, Fighting type Chip Away, Pound and Comet Punch?
  • Are there any unanswered questions you want to know specifically about this Pet Mod? If so, please tag me when asking the question and I will reply.

Once again, thanks for submitting, and get voting!

steel type guillotine kind of matters (also i forgot to submit again), because it has no immunities now! (if there was a game with ohko moves not banned with this.)

steel type guillotine kind of matters (also i forgot to submit again), because it has no immunities now! (if there was a game with ohko moves not banned with this.)
+1

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
I hate all the entries for all the move recipients. >:|

I exaggerate, but that's honestly the main thing I have any particular feelings about.

Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Steel type Guillotine, Fighting type Chip Away, Pound and Comet Punch?
Guillotine is 100% superior for every Pokemon that gets it. Well. Smeargle doesn't really care because Sheer Cold is already impossible to be immune to...

Chip Away is now Bad Sacred Sword, huzzah... the main notables to me are Scrafty, Heracross, Conkeldurr and Hariyama, for whom it's STAB, though really they'll probably stick to their other Fighting moves. Honestly I'm not sure any Pokemon that gets Chip Away doesn't get some other Fighting move they'd rather have, except maybe the Nido royals whom slant toward Special due to Sheer Force...

Pound might have an effect on Little Cup, actually, but I don't think anything fully evolved really cares.

Comet Punch is weak and inaccurate (And limited in its distribution besides), but it's conceivable it might show up on Conkeldurr or something as a specialized tool for breaking through Substitutes.

Do you think any of last week's Recipient-Pokemon will get more usage because of these new moves and why?
Horn Attack is still going to be held back by the fact that the things it does are generally done better by other move types, in particular the ubiquitous Fairy Return and Dark Frustration, but hey I'm open to being surprised!

Hyper Fang is, unfortunately, mostly an inaccurate Crunch, which is made worse by the existence of Frustration. I suspect nothing that gained it will run it.

Weather Ball is a lot more notable. Even for Snover and Aurorus it can be a valid choice over Blizzard because it has twice the PP and only a small cut to BP in Hail, while for Vulpix and Groudon it's in between Flamethrower and Fire Blast in terms of trading power for Accuracy (But it has no chance to Burn), for Politoed and Kyogre it's ahead of Surf anytime you've got Rain up and the Accuracy advantage over Hydro Pump is substantial while the firepower loss is minor. Hippopatas probably won't run it because its Attack is so much higher than its Special Attack, but it's possible it'll pop up as a way to surprise Physical walls. For Shiftry it provides it with Fire coverage in Sun, which is actually quite nice (Even with Explosion now being Fire typed), for Ludicolo it both has the same Rain situation as with Politoed and Kyogre but also opens up the potential for Sun Ludicolo (It does get Solar Beam), and for Heliolisk it's just an amazing addition all around -by far the most notable thing is that it makes Sandstorm Heliolisk a lot more sensible a choice, since Special Rock is rare and Heliolisk has good enough Special Attack to justify it, while its Electric coverage is unusual for Sandstorm teams.

Last edited:
I have something to say with one of the old retypes: I HATE fire Selfdestruct.
Why? Because Selfdestruct was associated with mechanical failure, and electrode. I say that we need to change Selfdestruct to Electric. Anyone Agree?

Why? Because Selfdestruct was associated with mechanical failure, and electrode. I say that we need to change Selfdestruct to Electric. Anyone Agree?
(i quoted you twice because super-sensitivity) imo no.

(i quoted you twice because super-sensitivity) imo no.
Why? It makes sense!
Explosion is fire because it's setting FIRE to explosives.
Selfdestruct is associated with Electric and Steel types, namely Electrode. Aside from making Elec more viable, Selfdestruct (as the name says) Is about mechanical failure, and the decision to blow up your MACHINE to protect data/misc from getting into the wrong hands. Now that's an Electric type move if I ever saw one.

List of Pokemon that learns Self-Destruct but not Explosion

Mewtwo

Snorlax

Slugma (But not Magcargo)

Wailord

Yes, very Electrical.

And please don't derail the thread if you're not going to actually participate in the ongoing process.

List of Pokemon that learns Self-Destruct but not Explosion

Mewtwo

Snorlax

Slugma (But not Magcargo)

Wailord

Yes, very Electrical.

And please don't derail the thread if you're not going to actually participate in the ongoing process.
dun forget munchlax/wailmer

canno

formerly The Reptile
No strong opinions on the slate tbh. Most of the moves aren't really note-worthy, honestly, both in the distribution and retying sections.
Weather Ball is neat and everything but most of the Pokemon that get it will probably stick to their own STABs for more reliability honestly. Weather Ball is only 10 BP stronger than Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Surf (and Scald has more utility than both), and nothing that has Sand Stream can really abuse Weather Ball. They can also use the more inaccurate moves with less PP for offensive sets (Fire Blast / Blizzard (100% acc in Hail but less PP) / Hydro Pump). Heliolisk is probably the most interesting one imho, since it benefits from multiple weathers (which now includes Hail - BoltBeam!). Shiftry might see some use, although it still competes with Venusaur and Victreebel. Not much else to say - the other moves aren't note-worthy additions. Hyper Fang is a worst Crunch which is usually a worst Frustration (unless you want Return for coverage or have Strong Jaw), and Horn Drill is just awful - not even Technician Abusable!
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Steel type Guillotine, Fighting type Chip Away, Pound and Comet Punch?
None, really. They're pretty medicore to bad moves. Guillotine is technically better but its banned via OHKO clause so.

Votes are in!

+Noble Roar (By the someone <Arc & Fur> and EverM <Lux> )
+Smelling Salts (By The Reptile )

Rage Dark (By Ghoul King )
Hold Back Fighting (By Ghoul King )
False Swipe Steel (By Ghoul King and the someone )
Hidden Power Fairy (By The Reptile )

Screech Ghost (By MegaGallade )
Lucky Chant Fairy (By EverM and Ghoul King )
Mimic Psychic (By the someone )
Copycat Fairy (By Ghoul King )

Note: Because of a voting problem, the results for the recipients of Double Hit will be presented when all voters have corrected how they present their votes. Sorry for inconvenience- I decided to post the results we already have instead of letting people wait another day.

Thanks to all that submitted!
And now...

Moves to give to Pokemon (Note: Submissions that have already been made (i.e. Using the same type, with same moves and with the exact same justification as someone who submitted before) will not be included)

Take Down (New type: Rock)
Vice Grip (New type: Bug)
Comet Punch (New type: Fighting)

Damaging moves (Note: The reason there are only is because, as of now, I believe there are only 6 more damaging normal moves we haven't retyped. So thus, I am splitting it in half. If I am wrong, please correct me, but this is the reason there are only three)
Fury Attack
Swift
Fury Swipes

Status moves

Tail Whip
Swagger
Supersonic
Safeguard

Here are a few discussion points also:
  • What more 'moves-to-give-to-Pokemon' can we do?
Get submitting and thanks for reading!

Why? It makes sense!
Explosion is fire because it's setting FIRE to explosives.
Selfdestruct is associated with Electric and Steel types, namely Electrode. Aside from making Elec more viable, Selfdestruct (as the name says) Is about mechanical failure, and the decision to blow up your MACHINE to protect data/misc from getting into the wrong hands. Now that's an Electric type move if I ever saw one.
If you wanted SelfDestruct to have a different type, you should have posted a submission for it when SelfDestruct was one of the submission choices. Sorry!

Fury Attack
Flying type

Why: Oddly enough, by far the most common type to carry the move is Flying Pokemon. And we don't have a multi-hit Flying move yet!

Swift
Fighting type

Why: My initial impulse was Electric due to the logic of the move -the stars it sprays are lightning fast- but then it would just be a Shockwave clone, and nobody wants that. However, the Fighting type is actually associated with speed, weird crap justified by "ki" or the like, and has no well-distributed move to completely invalidate it, so that's what I went with. (I considered Psychic for the mystical aspect, but it seems a poor fit and would be a completely irrelevant move) It also retains Ghosts being immune to it, which is a minor benefit.

Fury Swipes
Steel type

Why: Fury Swipes is quite bluntly about slashing with claws, just in rapid succession. We made Slash Steel type, sooo....

Tail Whip
Dragon type

Why: Even though the description indicates that the user is utilizing cute behavior to seem less threatening, I've always assumed Tail Whip is meant to be a Pokemon-ization of a real-life phenomenon -that many animals have tails which are very, very distracting, pulling the attention of predators away from the animal's vital organs and toward a body part they can afford to lose. In fact, there are reptiles that will actively detach their tails, and the tail will remain flailing for several minutes afterward, allowing the reptile time to escape while pursuit fails to occur because the tail is so distracting. Since there's no Reptile Type, I go to the Dragon type.

and yes I realize it's mostly learned by cute things and not so much by reptilian Pokemon but I'm sure somebody was going to submit the Fairy variations regardless

Swagger
Dark type

Why: It's a move that deliberately provokes your enemy. It's basically Taunt, but apparently YO MAMA can produce totally different results by accenting it differently or something I dunno, so Taunt's type.

Supersonic
Electric type

Why: A similar logic to Sonic Boom, basically.

Safeguard
Fairy type

Why: Misty Terrain has identical functionality, albeit for all grounded Pokemon rather than for all Pokemon on your side of the field. So, identical typing.

Comet Punch
Recipients: Golurk, Infernape, Ambipom, Hitmontop, Mr. Mime

Why: All Pokemon that lack Comet Punch and have Iron Fist, Skill Link/or Technician to boost it with. Ambipom seems the most likely user of it to me.

I might cover the other two moves later, but honestly I might simply skip them both. Vice Grip is incredibly weak and Take Down isn't even, like, an accurate Rock move or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)