Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Kayo

Virizion @ Yache Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Psychic]

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Scald
- Taunt

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Kangaskhan (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

This team was actually pretty fun to use and it makes a change from using something fat. Since you wanted something that could take out Mushy, I added a CB Sneasel to the mix and made a strong 3 mon core that synergise pretty well. HP Psychic Viri was so it stopped stuffed like weezing and garb setting up hazards on you, trying to force a switch and since it had 30 spe ivs; I made it outrun base 106s like Pyroar and Liepard. Qwilfish + FanTom gave the team some great fighting resists as well as gatr checks and rounded it off with an av kanga bcuz lacking prio + special bulk on the team.
The team is a bit weak to fire but apart from that, it's pretty fun to use and hope you enjoy it :]

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Specs swellow

This thing has a lot of potential to just kill everything with a boomburst, and just looking at viability makes me scared of this thing. It can break down a lot of defensive cores n shit. Can't really add more reasoning because I play PU and RU, not NU. I haven't played much except for a bit with a team teddeh gave me, so it would preferably be a balance team that doesn't rely on calling sets and fancy doubles and shit.

So, I don't know if I can post in here (since I'm obviously new), but I've been wanting to build a team around Aurorus. I think it has a (slight) niche in the game and I just love the design on that pokemon. If Aurorus is not applicable in this thread (I assume you guys only take requests from viable mons), I will change my request to Vivillon.

Kazil

Aurorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 Atk / 232 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Aurorus is very underrated in NU at the moment so building with it was a lot of fun. I chose rock polish because i felt the only thing hindering Aurorus was its speed. Hyper voice is a strong STAB move, freeze dry hits bulky waters and earth power hits fire types. A main switch in to Aurorus is Hariyama so i threw on a Garbodor in order to wear it down. Garbodor can spike stack in order to make Hariyama a not so reliable switch in to Aurorus. It can also weak down yama with rocky helmet and aftermath. Next on the list is Lilligant. I figured if i could wear down yama and smack fire types with earth power from Aurorus, Lilligant could put in work. Hp fire allows me to smack Ferroseed which allows Garbodor to have an easier time. Hariyama is next on the squad as it can handle ice and fire attacks. It can also utilize fake-out to maximize the t-spikes i have on Garbodor. Mesprit is next because i wanted both stealth rock and a way to heal a member of my team late game. Healing Wish is incredibly useful because it allows me to play a little reckless in the beginning of the game with either Lilligant or Aurorus. Lastly i have a Rotom to both provide me with both a spinblocker and fast revenge killer.

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Megazard Z

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Sucker Punch

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Seed Bomb
- Toxic Spikes

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 104 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Endeavor

Haunter @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

I'm not part of this, but here's my best Specs Swellow team, as can be attested to by tennisace, who has used the team probably more than I have. I originally built this for the Teambuilding Competition or whatever where we had to build around Tauros, so it's pretty much just Normal spam with Tauros, Specs Swellow, and Kangaskhan. In this meta in particular, Normal spam has a ton of potential because pretty much all there is anymore for dedicated Normal resists are Rhydon and Ferroseed, which can both be lured and either weakened or killed with Aqua Tail or Fire Blast/Heat Wave. The rest of the team is there for hazard support, and that's pretty much it. Seismitoad offers Stealth Rock support, Garbodor offers Spikes and Toxic Spikes support, and Haunter spinblocks.

bogoljubow

formerly Betapf
I am going to request a physically based wallbreaking core of Choice Band Rampardos and Swords Dance Scyther. Scyther becomes much more of a threat with Heliolisk and Mega-Steelix gone. Rampardos seems pretty underrated right now, being able to weaken or lure Scyther's checks and counters. I would like to have more of a balanced team if possible.
Feel free to change Rampardos to some other wallbreaker if it totally sucks in NU; I just thought that it could deserve some usage, especially with Mega-Steelix gone.

requesting a sd jumpluff + typhlosion ho team preferably with hazards but I don't really care if it has it or not.with megalix and mega camel gone I think this really opens a lot of doors for this core. typh can easily break steel types for jumpluff while jumpluff can weaken water and rock types and hairyama for typh.

This thread is a p great idea hopefully ladder team cancer dies
Anyways my core that I want y'all to build around is Uxie with Rain Dance and Memento + Belly Drum Poliwrath balance team. That's all the rain I want to see. Open to interpretation.
(I have been testing teams with this same core in stall and balance and can't find a way to get it to work)

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Montsegur

Zweilous @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Crunch
- Roar

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 20 Def / 48 SpA / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam

Gourgeist-Small @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 152 HP / 132 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Encore
- Circle Throw
- Scald

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 104 Def / 164 SpA
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam

Since QueenOfLuvdiscs couldn't come through for you, I decided I'd try my hand at Stall. Anyways here's the team: Zweilous is running a specially defensive spread that allows it to take on Fire-type attackers lacking Focus Blast; Dragon Tail pairs well with the entry hazard support the rest of the team provides and Crunch hits anything that doesn't resist it hard. I suppose you could opt for Roar > Dragon Tail if the Hustle Accuracy drops cause you to miss so many times you have to buy a new keyboard. Mega Audino takes special hits that Zweilous can't and also provides Wish support for the team. Gourgeist-Small is probably the MVP of this team, it not only functions as our spin blocker but it also acts as a check to Feraligatr and can stall out a good chunk of the metagame. Poliwrath is our main check to Water-types **COUGH FERALIGATR COUGH** and encore allows it to beat even substitute variants of Feraligatr. Rest might seem out of place without Sleep Talk but Audino can typically find opportunities to Heal Bell for it. Garbodor provides a soft check to Fighting-type attackers and gives our team Spikes and Toxic Spikes, I've opted to run Drain Punch > Pain Split simply due to the rising popularity of Pawniard and the fact that Audino can pash Wishes in a pinch. Claydol provides Rapid Spin support and Stealth Rock for the team. This Claydol set seems pretty strange at first but the EV spread and obscure moves patch up weaknesses to Malamar, Xatu, and Rotom. The given EV spread makes Signal Beam a 2HKO on Malamar which is absolutely crucial as our team has nothing else for it, Shadow Ball is great for dealing super effective damage to Rotom and Xatu looking to switch in on Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock respectively.

As with the other teams I've created, I tested this out a bit on the ladder. I can't be bothered to use this shit playstyle for more than two games however. Replays are here: 1 2

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Scarf Buck

Per your request we have some nice Hyper Offense :] Crustle usually gets up one or two layers of hazards and can still function versus things like Xatu and Archeops, Knock Off can also be useful in certain situations if you can preserve your Custap Berry. Rotom is becoming the most used Pokemon in this thread, but its just so fucking good at what it does. I've been running Thunderbolt on Rotom as a more reliable way to deal with Dragon Dance Feraligatr but I suppose you can run Will-O-Wisp. Jumpluff can run Memento over Seed Bomb to give Klinklang set-up opportunities, but you become significantly weaker to Feraligatr. Typhlosion can opt for Focus Blast over Hidden Power Grass if you want to hit Flash Fire Typhlosion harder. Feraligatr completes the FWG core and completely wrecks with entry hazards up. Klinklang has become significantly better in this metagame and finds several late-game sweep opportunities versus weakened teams. Only other thing I can suggest is running Pawniard over Klinklang if you find yourself wanting more hazard control. All in all very standard, but it works :]

Also I decided not to test this team since its straight Hyper Offense and there's no glaring weakness, if you want me to patch up a weakness you find just let me know!
Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Extrasensory

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Crustle @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Substitute

Can someone build a team with Pikachu? I am always a big Pika fan but was never able to build any proper team with it.
Another one I want to use is Bulk Up Vigoroth; I think it's such an underrated threat.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Gonna request a team based around Roost + 3 Attacks Articuno. Articuno is one of those underrated Pokemon with a whole ton of power to destroy whatever is in it's path & I believe this set would be the best to showcase it. I think it has a whole lot of potential & I love using underrated sets. I prefer this being on Heavy Offense, but Bulky Offense works just as well.

Articuno @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Freeze Dry / Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- U-Turn
- Roost

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm pretty trash at teambuilding, and I don't mean to clutter the thread with requests, but I really would like to have a balance/bulky offense team featuring Carracosta, preferably the Shell Smash sweeper but whatever works best with the team/meta I suppose.

I wouldn't mind seeing some ideas with, Eggy, Quag, or Eggy Whiscash. I feel either pair could be great and viable together, but I mainly want to see a good team with Whiscash. Maybe consider Eggy, and relicath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)