¯\_(ツ)_/¯(Peak #2, still needs help)

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most RMTs with decent teams have nice formatting, pretty colors and gifs, and they're probably based around a song. But eh. This is my second RMT (the other one being a pathetic waste of space from a noob) and it's not even for a tier that I know that well. So I was hanging out in the PU room one night and somehow got it into my head to build RU around dual dance Rhyperior, because that makes a lot of sense. Despite me not having played RU that much since ORAS, the team turned out okay, and I ended up peaking number 5 on the pre suspect ladder. However the team doesn't feel complete and I'm at the point where I can't really improve it any more myself, so I'm gonna rmt it and, if it improves, I'll probably beautify this and whatnot, but for now this is a plea for help, and not a finished team showcase. I don't even know how I got to #5 on the ladder (pre suspect, I've barely played on suspect ladder because I got haxed a ton).

Edit: Forgot my proof of peak
Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 9.46.32 PM.png

621.gif
680.gif
460-mega.gif
500.gif
199.gif
237.gif

460.png

The team was originally gonna be built around dual dance rhyperior, but to make the team building ideas more clear (plus rhyperior got replaced), let's just say I'm starting with Mega Abomasnow
460.png
500.png

Abomasnow destroys regenerator cores, bulky waters, and lots of stall in general, which is perfect for an offensive fire type to take advantage of. I chose reckless scarf emboar because PIG HYPE HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
460.png
500.png
621.png

Stealth rock is the best move in the game, and Druddigon is fun. It also provides another resistance to water types which annoy the team so far, and helps deal with Pangoro which needs to be banned imo (the team is much more water+goro weak when you consider the fact that I have an offensive rhyperior in there)
460.png
500.png
621.png
199.png

Oh look, I lack a spdef mon that still has decent offensive presence and a broken ability? I wonder who I should choose
460.png
500.png
621.png
199.png
237.png

Hitmontop was originally the final member I added on, but if we pretend I built this around the abomasnow/emboar offensive core, it makes sense as a member to help stop Pangoro and get rid of rocks, which severely limit Abomasnow's wall breaking capabilities
460.png
500.png
621.png
199.png
237.png
680.png

Doublade was chosen as a replacement for double dance rhyperior for two reasons. First of all, it's not a very good set, as much as I wanted it to be. Secondly, doublade acts as the amazing glue that it is and helps take away pressure from Braviary and Meloetta, as well as being the new boosting sweeper and giving the team 3 priority moves. I also have 4 of things to take knock offs already, so putting on two knock off weak mons isn't too bad.

460.png
------>
460-mega.gif

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 200 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Earthquake

Abomasnow is weak to pangoro and moltres, yes somehow manages to be an amazing mon in RU. This team is really weak to full blown, quad regenerator, 6 mon stall, but abomasnow can easily fuck up balance/semi-stall, with grass+ice coverage nailing amoonguss, slowbro, gastrodon, golbat, and alomomola, while hail can limit cresselia's recovery. Ice shard is obvious priority, and EQ is used to nail coballion and doublade on the switch in. Soundproof makes it the only exploud stop on the team, so don't mega evolve until it's dead and try not to catch a fire blast. EVs are pretty basic, with minimal attack because I prefer the bulkier spread, enough speed for slowking, max special to bop things, and the rest dumped in HP.

500.png

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk

Emboar's gen 6 sprite doesn't show off how sexy this beast is, reckless just made Emboar new and improved and devastatingly powerful. This is just standard.scarf emboar, with the only twist being sleep talk because the team lacked a reliable switch into amoonguss (get in, absorb sleep, go to doublade/abomasnow). Emboar basically just cleans teams once abomasnow has taken out all of the bulky waters, and the two do a great job and luring in each other's counters.

621.gif

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Sucker Punch/Taunt/Gunk Shot/Roar Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Druddigon does 4 things: Set up rocks, spread paralysis, rack up recoil, die. It's just a basic physically defensive mon to quickly weak down opposing teams with helmet+rough skin, and to be honest, it's probably the weakest link on the team. I just can't get a good replacement for it. EVs are bog standard as I never found myself wishing I could have more special bulk or speed or whatever. The third moveslot has changed a lot, and while I settled with sucker punch I've never really been able to nail down the moveslot. Running Fire Punch in the third slot to hit doublade and escavalier as per Tone114's advice. Dragon claw was chosen over dragon tail because power>phazing, and who wants to be slower than a paralyzed opponent?

199.gif

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower

Standard.AVSlowking is standard. I do have some creep but I'm not gonna post it in the RMT because I still plan to use and improve this team. There isn't a whole lot to say about this other than grass knot is used which I haven't really seen and I don't know why. With GK I can beat other AV slowking 1v1 and hit things like gastrodon, omastar, and jellicent, which I otherwise wouldn't be hitting too hard.

237.gif

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Foresight
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

There are two types of hitmontop is this world: Those with sucker punch and those with toxic. Since I already have a ton of priority on the team, I have toxic because fuck alomomomomomomomlololololololol. Now dance spinner, dance!

680.gif

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

More standard shit that I have to come up with three lines for! Doublade is two swords, and since two swords are better than one sword this is clearly a better mon than Aegislash. Seriously, if you don't know what this does then learn to RU. Pivot into it a few times, set up a swords dance late game, win.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 200 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Earthquake

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Foresight
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Clawitzer: Switchin? What is?
Stall: If it's 6 stallmons, just forfeit. You can't do anything to them. Example: Alomomola/Tangrowth/Slowking/Audino/Golbat/Cresselia
Reuniclus: LO TR 3 attacks hits everything really hard, considering enough spdef on abomasnow to take a max modest LO FB
Mega Steelix: EQ/heavy slam and EQ/rock blast just hits most of the team. They can be beat, but they're obnoxious af
Mega Glalie: Stupidly strong, hits the whole team hard, try not to be dumb
Escavalier: With the right prediction it becomes annoying, but most individual team members can take it on
Drapion: Hits everything pretty hard, but again not unmanageable

Shoutouts
Mistress Remilia and BenOhver gave me a ton of help when first building because they actually knew RU
Also most of the people from PU room, but way to lazy to tag all of them
The PU ladder for being bad

460-mega.gif
500.gif
621.gif
199.gif
237.gif
680.gif

¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
One nitpick to be honest change druddigon's ev spread to a specially defensive one as it's resistances (fire water grass electric) are mostly specially based unless druddigon is your emboar check in that case it is kinda shaky as it's worn down so fast. Make druddigon's third move earthquake for steels and last one you can run dragon tail for racking up passive damage very fast

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't find EQ to be to useful, but do you have a suggested spdef spread? Or just standard.maxmax+

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
One thing i might suggest would be for you to change abomasnow set to a Swords dance one, seeing as how you lack a clear win condition as it is and that's probably one of the reasons your team can't break a stall team.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't find EQ to be to useful, but do you have a suggested spdef spread? Or just standard.maxmax+
Druddigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch

This is pretty much the set i use on my Druddigon as Guidorealmsmc said, it typing allows it to check fire, water, grass, and electric while Fire Punch hits Steels like Doublade and Escavalier, Gunk Shot can be used so Aromatisse of other fairies can't completly come in scot free, but you have Doublade for them anyway. Also I prefer Leftovers over Rocky Helmet in this case, you can still run Rocky Helmet if you want, but the fact that your team has no cleric means that Druddigon will get worn down a lot faster. Dragon Tail is for phazing and stops set-up sweepers. Also got rid of Sucker Punch as Glare paralyzes faster pokemon bar Electric-types.

MZ

I'm unconvinced that Spdef druddigon is the way to go because that would leave me very reliant on hitmontop for stopping major physical threats, although I will test it. Changing sucker punch to fire punch as per TONE114 's advice. I don't agree with sd abomasnow, as it not only seems a little redundant with SD doublade, but means it can't switch into scalds/will-o-wisps, and just makes it harder to break through bulky waters and regenerator cores, which is really what it's for.

so far i like the team but trick room can do some damage against it so i made slowking min speed and quiet to help against it. also a wisher might help but i cant seem to fit it, still looking to see if it would help cause it gets worn down after awhile

jeronipuff

Man made the web, you don't need a name.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yo, thanks for the team. I just started playing RU last night and I haven't lost yet :]. I really like the bulky offense make-up of this team. Also I agree with you keeping Drud Def and not SpDef because it works against most leads very well and being Def makes it able to hit a ton of things with glare such as Drapion which otherwise is a pretty big threat. And if you're okay with it I used this team in my last Showdown live kinda showcasing it but I did give you full credit :]

MZ

GiantWhirlpool idk about min speed because I'm still speed tying with reuniclus, who is the only major TR threat to my team, plus I lose the slowking v slowking tie now

TheTrueLegendary This has been up for two days and already two youtubers have featured it @_@

MZ

Edits: Peaked #2, put sacred sword on doublade because fuck megalux. Still haves gotten any major rates and only one change good enough to keep :/

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
I still think you should run a swords dance abomasnow.
O and, as it is, your team is 6-0ed by calm mind reuniclus, might want to keep shadow claw on doublade, swords dance abomasnow would also help with that

MZ

I still think you should run a swords dance abomasnow.
O and, as it is, your team is 6-0ed by calm mind reuniclus, might want to keep shadow claw on doublade, swords dance abomasnow would also help with that
Changed back to shadow claw as I handle megalix better than reuniclus. If I change to SD Aboma I don't see a reason to use doublade over a different mon for cresselia (and ideally it could help with clawitzer, reuniclus, and meloetta which I don't auto lose to, but they're tough), any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)