The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Big trade alert! Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy is a pretty win-win trade in my opinion, though I'm surprised Chip Kelly would willingly get rid of someone who fit his offense so well. Buffalo has such an embarrassment of riches on its D-Line that it can likely afford to trade one of them away, especially to get an every-down back that can take the load off of an aging Fred Jackson and an injury-prone CJ Spiller. Since it's obvious Buffalo is going to have some major QB problems this year, it makes a lot of sense to load up on running backs to make it easier for whatever QB they bring in (my guess is Hoyer). Meanwhile Philly can shore up its defense and beat up on the increasingly immobile Tony Romo.

All in all I think Alonso is the more valuable player (so I guess if anyone "won" this trade it'd be the Eagles), but this is a pretty win-win trade. Nothing like the obvious Trent Richardson robbery.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Big trade alert! Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy is a pretty win-win trade in my opinion, though I'm surprised Chip Kelly would willingly get rid of someone who fit his offense so well. Buffalo has such an embarrassment of riches on its D-Line that it can likely afford to trade one of them away, especially to get an every-down back that can take the load off of an aging Fred Jackson and an injury-prone CJ Spiller. Since it's obvious Buffalo is going to have some major QB problems this year, it makes a lot of sense to load up on running backs to make it easier for whatever QB they bring in (my guess is Hoyer). Meanwhile Philly can shore up its defense and beat up on the increasingly immobile Tony Romo.

All in all I think Alonso is the more valuable player (so I guess if anyone "won" this trade it'd be the Eagles), but this is a pretty win-win trade. Nothing like the obvious Trent Richardson robbery.
I do not think they retain both Jackson and Spiller after adding McCoy. Spiller is probably done in Buffalo.

McCoy has had amazing OLs during his career and prefers to ignore his blocks and tries to make people miss(often in the backfield). It'll be interesting to see how that style will translate without one of the most athletic and dominating OLs in the league. I don't know anything about the Bills OL but this will finally put McCoy to the test. People forget how fucking good Phillys OL has been the past couple years(except for a stretch there in 2012 where I think all but one of the starters got injured).

I've had arguments before about McCoy with Egg fans about how he was supposed to be the next Barry Sanders. After 2014 I considered that argument dead but it'll be interesting either way.

the Eagles won the trade and it wasn't even close... not necessarily saying the Bills "lost" but consider:

-Alonso is probably the more valuable player
-the Eagles now have about $50 million in cap space
-this is one of the best RB draft classes in a while, between Gordon, Gurley, Duke Johnson, or Jay Ajayi, among others
-Spiller is now a FA and could easily be signed by the Eagles
-$50 million in cap space holy balls

the Eagles have the money to upgrade the defense however they want. they have the ability to pull off a Mariota trade and still grab a RB later if they want, but regardless I can't see Chip's offense doing poorly regardless of who's starting at RB or QB.

I'm just going to say that chips offense is not whats making the skill players interchangeable. It's that OL dammit. The 2013 Egg offense wasn't taking the league by storm, that OL was dominating teams left and right. With those players any offense would have been as successful.

Reactions: tab

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Evan Mathis and Jason peters are great iirc but the rest are shitstorm so idk what this insistence is about a great ol for the Eagles

Jags have 60,000,000 in cap space.

Shit is gonna go DOWN.

oh, and also i feel like this trade makes the possibility of the Eggs trading up for Mariota much more likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jets actually have a potentially scary duo with Marshall and Harvin right? They just don't have a QB to throw to them...fine, they don't have a good QB to throw to them.

Wayne not being re-signed isn't surprising I guess, they were probably hoping he would just retire instead of having the ugly PR issue of dropping him instead. Polomalu and the Steelers are next. Does kinda suck when your formerly best and popular players get old and the teams don't see the value in keeping them.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Jets actually have a potentially scary duo with Marshall and Harvin right? They just don't have a QB to throw to them...fine, they don't have a good QB to throw to them.

Wayne not being re-signed isn't surprising I guess, they were probably hoping he would just retire instead of having the ugly PR issue of dropping him instead. Polomalu and the Steelers are next. Does kinda suck when your formerly best and popular players get old and the teams don't see the value in keeping them.
Yeah, it's already been made public that Polamalu is not in their plans this year. I hope he goes out with some class, given his illustrious career. I'd also hate to see him in another uniform.

I'm pretty sure Harvin is going to be released, so they'll have a Marshall-Decker duo instead.

On another note, my Panthers signed Michael Oher. Terrible season for Tennessee last year, but hey, our O-line can't get much worse. So no problem with this. n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)