The Walkthrough Tournament - ORAS Edition [Round 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Approved by me

Thanks Quentin for this amazing picture
Rules

1. Each round will be placed at a different part of the game Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Version. There will be restrictions in level, Pokemon availability, TM availability and item availability. These will be dependent on where you are in the game. As the rounds go on, more things will obviously open up.

This is the example format for rounds.

Mr. Briney's Cottage

Level Restriction: 15

Pokemon Available

Treecko (no HA)
Torchic (no HA)
Mudkip (no HA)
Poochyena
Zigzagoon
Wurmple (+ evolutions)
Wingull
Lotad / Lombre (AS)
Seedot / Nuzleaf (OR)
Ralts
Surskit
Taillow
Schroomish
Slakoth
Makuhita (no HA)
Nincada
Whismur
Skitty

TMs/HMs Available:

TM39 (Rock Tomb)
TM49 (Echoed Voice)
TM54 (False Swipe)
HM01 (Cut)

Items Available:

Oran Berry
Pecha Berry
Cheri Berry
Chesto Berry
Rawst Berry
Aspear Berry
Leppa Berry
Persim Berry
Quick Claw (one)
Float Stone (one)
Miracle Seed (one)

2. You are not required to send teams to me for approval, but if you have questions on whether your team is legal, feel free to ask me.

3. Only one Starter Pokemon may be used on any team.

4. When signin for the tournament, you must specify which version of the game you will use (Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby).

5. Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, and Self KO clause are in effect

6. OU banlist is in effect, at the exception of Blaziken. Speed Boost will be unreleased and Blazikenite banned. Event Pokemons are banned as well (Steven's Beldum, Eon Ticket Lati, Serperior, Tyrantrum, etc)

7. There is no rule against scouting, however if you are in the tournament and you spectate a match that a participant asks you to leave in you may be disqualified.

8. To avoid an exessively unbalanced metagame, Pokemon evolving by evolutionary stones from the Super Training will be banned during the first round of the tournament.

9. About NaviDex: It allows almost any Pokemon with the Hidden Ability, except when I specify "no HA" next to the Pokemon's name.

10. Eggs move are banned from the Tournament (even if they are available with NaviDex)

11. Every level limit applies to the level of the Pokemon in the teambuilder, but also on the list of level-up moves available.

Round 2:
KJ Corp (OR) vs Jaiho (AS)
Panure (OR) vs Vinc2612 (OR)
Kiyo (OR) vs blinkie (AS)
Wettin (OR) vs Killua kun (OR)
kingmidas (OR) vs panamaxis (AS)
Can-Eh-Dian (OR) vs hollywood (OR)
majaspic22 (AS) vs innovamania (AS)
Lord Alphose (OR) vs Jellicent (AS)
Alf' (OR) vs s_aman (OR)
Shrug (OR) vs Heysup (OR)
radianthero156 (AS) vs Cherub Agent (OR)
zdrup15 (OR) vs Trifabulous (AS)
blizzarddd (OR) vs Bull Of Heaven (AS)
hard (OR) vs VirajVora (AS)
Frizy (AS) vs Gelli (OR)
Yogiras (AS) vs GuglioM (OR)

Deadline for this round is Monday, March 9th (10 pm GMT +1)

How to know if your Pokemon is legit or not (please read at least once)

While it's easy to understand which Pokémon and which items are available, it's not always easy to know if the set you plan to use is legal. There are six methods to learn a move, and I'll explain in detail every case.
1/ By TM or HM. Pretty easy, just look into the list to see if the TM is available. For those who didn't play on cartdridge for a long time, you should know that we can reuse the same TM forever and ever since gen 5.
2/ By move tutor. Most of them are banned because they are available post-game only. The move tutors listed here are allowed as soon as the city is reached.
3/ By egg move. They are banned. Even if you could in theory find them with NaviDex, they are banned for the tournament.
4/ By events. They are also banned, at the exception of in-game events like Pikachu Rockstar and such.
5/ By Level-Up. Any Pokemon can learn any move listed in his learnset up to his current level.
6/ By a prior evolution. Breloom can learn spore only as a Shroomish (level 40). If the level 40 is available, spore Breloom is allowed. Little twist: if a basic Pokemon learns a move at the level of the round (for example, Wurmple learns Bug Bite at level 15), it won't be able to evolve twice. Dustox and Beautifly are allowed, but since Wurmple would learn Bug Bite then only evolve once, Dustox and Beautifly can't use it.

Don't hesitate to PM me your team if you are not sure (unless I am your opponent, but I am pretty sure you can find someone to check if needed). As far as I know, Bulbapedia and Serebii are up to date with the levels.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Round 2: Hot Volcano Battle

Level Restriction: 28

Pokémon Available:

Treecko / Grovyle (no HA)
Torchic / Combusken (no HA)
Mudkip / Marshtomp(no HA)
Poochyena / Mightyena
Zigzagoon / Linoone
Wurmple (+ evolutions)
Wingull / Pelipper
Lotad (+ evolutions) (AS)
Seedot (+ evolutions) (OR)
Ralts / Kirlia
Surskit / Maskerain
Taillow / Swellow
Schroomish / Breloom
Slakoth / Vigoroth
Makuhita / Hariyama
Nincada / Ninjask / Shedinja
Whismur / Loudred
Skitty / Delcatty
Tentacool (no HA)
Magikarp / Gyarados (no HA)
Zubat (+ evolutions)
Abra (+ evolutions)
Geodude (+ evolutions)
Aron
Mawile (OR)
Sableye (AS)
Nosepass
Pikachu Cosplay (Lightningrod only)
Elektrike / Manectric
Gulpin / Swalot
Oddish (+ evolutions)
Minun
Plusle
Voltorb
Magnemite
Azurill (+ evolutions)
Volbeat
Illumise
Budew (+ evolutions)
Goldeen (no HA)
Machop (+ evolutions)
Numel
Spinda
Sandshrew / Sandslash
Skarmory
Swablu
Zangoose (OR)
Seviper (AS)
Solrock (OR)
Lunatone (AS)

TMs/HMs Available:

TM01 (Hone Claw)
TM05 (Roar)
TM08 (Bulk Up)
TM09 (Venoshock)
TM12 (Taunt)
TM23 (Smack Down)
TM28 (Dig)
TM39 (Rock Tomb)
TM40 (Aerial Ace)
TM41 (Torment)
TM42 (Facade)
TM45 (Attract)
TM46 (Thief)
TM48 (Round)
TM47 (Low Sweep)
TM49 (Echoed Voice)
TM51 (Steel Wing)
TM54 (False Swipe)
TM57 (Charge Beam)
TM58 (Sky Drop)
TM59 (Incinerate)
TM65 (Shadow Claw)
TM70 (Flash)
TM72 (Volt Switch)
TM73 (Thunder Wave)
TM76 (Struggle Bug)
TM78 (Bulldoze)
TM82 (Dragon Tail)
TM92 (Trick Room)
TM94 (Secret Power)
TM98 (Power-Up Punch)
TM100 (Confide)
HM01 (Cut)
HM04 (Strength)
HM06 (Rock Smash)

Move Tutors Available:

Frenzy Plant
Blast Burn
Hydro Cannon
Grass Pledge
Fire Pledge
Water Pledge

Items Available:

Quick Claw
Float Stone (one)
Miracle Seed (one)
Silk Scarf (one)
Hard Stone
Soft Sand
Normal Gem
Sea Incense
Lax Incense
Rose Incense
Rock Incense
Odd Incense
Full Incense
Wave Incense
Expert Belt (one)
Berry Juice
Metronome (one)
Black Glasses (one)
Macho Brace (one)
Twisted Spoon
Poison Sting

Berries Available:

Oran Berry
Pecha Berry
Cheri Berry
Chesto Berry
Rawst Berry
Aspear Berry
Leppa Berry
Persim Berry
Figy Berry
Wiki Berry
Mago Berry
Aguav Berry
Iapapa Berry
All type-based damages reducing Berries

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
in contact

also, what was the verdict on the "start" moves, can we use them or not?

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
hey can i just get a final clarification. Are we stuck with the starter we used in round 1 or can we switch?

P.S. What's pikachu cosplay?

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
Trade evos are fine, you can change your starter (too hard to check, I don't want to give an advantage to people who don't save replays) and Pikachu Cosplay is a lightingrod female Pikachu that can't evolve, can't breed, but can learn one special move depending on the cosplay (meteor mash, icicle crash, flying press, electric terrain or draining kiss)

can´t we breed by now or do you want to keep that for later rounds?

Edit: Cosplay Pikachu cannot breed... I´m dumb.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
Sonic Boom of course, since it's weaker than seismic toss
Dragon Rage is more dangerous, but only one Pokemon can learn it so it will stay allowed

golem doesn't learn stealth rock until level 30. geodude learns it at 28, so you cant have a golem at level 28 w/ sr
Don't let Geodude evolve until Level 28. It'll learn SR first, then turn into Graveler, which can then be traded to instantly become a Golem.

my opponent gave me the win (for prove read our conversation on his profile page). don't know if it's possible to get a sub since this is already round 2?

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
blizzarddd has logged in only once in the last ~ten days, and hasn't answered my VM. This VM, which I wrote Feb 28, mentions that I can't play tomorrow or this weekend. Unless we somehow manage to play Monday, which I can easily do, this is a request for an activity win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)