RuPaul's Drag Race (Please Hide Spoilers)

EV

Banned deucer.

Season 7 starts tonight hunties! What are your first impressions of the girls before the premier of episode 1? Who's going home first? Who's in your top 3? There are also two new judges this season. What are your expectations of them?

I'm betting Tempest Dujour goes home tonight. If recent seasons have taught us anything, older queens are in a precarious position if they're not open to adapting. See: Kelly Mantle, Penny Tration, and Vivacious. Tempest gives me the vibe that she's a traditional drag queen and her range is limited. I also wouldn't be surprised if Jasmine Masters is the first to go. She doesn't come off that strong.

My top 3 predictions are Miss Fame, Pearl, and Violet Chachki.

As for the new judges, Ross Mathews and Carson Kressley feel redundant. Two sassy wise-cracking 'moes? At least Carson has a background in fashion. I guess Ross will be the comedy judge, though Visage is already a bit of a clown as it is ......

Anyway, post your thoughts on the show below!

1st elim - Tempest Dujour / "How old am I? Really?"
2nd elim - Sasha Belle / "I don't think I understood the assignment."
3rd elim - Jasmine Masters / "No T, no shade, no pink lemonade."

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
^^^

I'm pleasantly surprised with a few of the girls after seeing episode one. I like how some of my first impressions from the Meet the Queens and subsequent sneak-peak videos were shattered. Namely Katya. She was hilar and is going to be a top contender. Ginger Minj was also really funny and her humor will definitely help balance out some of the egomaniacs of this season like Miss Fame. I just hope she stays around long enough to pop them down a peg.

A few queens I had hopes for kinda fizzled. Max looks way too gimmicky. Sasha Belle was a big let down. Kandy Ho as well.

Prediction of who goes home next week: Sasha Belle. She got lucky this time but if Kandy Ho hadn't given herself a beard and Jasmine Masters hadn't worn two hula hoops on the runway she would have been lip syncing. I see Kandy taking the criticism to heart and fixing her face while Jasmine probably has enough personality to last another episode. As for Sasha, well she may be ringing her Belle for the last time next week.

Can I just say I'm still stirred up over the way they introduced the Pit Crew this season?? :heart:

I like so many of the queens this season, with Pearl, Miss Fame, and Max being my absolute favorites. Pearl easily #1. She's pretty, she's funny, she's over it, she's hilariously dry. Her looks are on point. Miss Fame is so incredibly full of herself but I'm not even mad about it because honestly, aesthetically, she is the closest thing I have ever seen to perfect polish in a drag queen. Keep being conceited gurl. Max is just funny, sweet, and cute. I also like Jaidyn, Katya, Ginger, Kasha, and Trixie. Honestly, I liked Tempest.

The only queens I really dislike on a personality level are Violet and Kandy. Violet's looks are phenomenal though but Kandy is just a bitch with nothing to back it up.

Sasha is completely out of her league and I honestly feel bad for her, she is no better than any queen I've seen at a random bar.

Jasmine and Kennedy are good, but run of the mill, and I just don't care tbh.

Also, Pearl, Miss Fame, Max and Trixie Mattel are all attractive boys. For the record, I did not pick my favs based on who is the best looking boy, though it might look that way. T_T

I wanna talk about Ep 2 but I guess I shouldn't since it has not aired but I have a link if anyone wants it.

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
I would love to see a big girl in the top 3 this season, I hope it would be Ginger Minj but I'm going to look at it realistically.

My top 3 are Miss Fame, Pearl and Violet. I'll tell you why. Miss Fame is one of the best looking queens on this season and we know that good looking queens do very well in the competition (Look at Courtney Act, Roxxxy Andrews (maybe) and even Adore Delano). Pearl has a certain edge which I like about her, I feel that she will give a lot during this season but then again it's still early days. Violet is the one I'm putting my money down to be the winner, I would of said Miss Fame before Episode 1 however (and I'm not being biased because Pearl won the first challenge) but on the runway for the "mini" challenge I felt her looks were amazing and I felt she gave a lot into the challenge and would be amazing to see what happens next week.

EV

Banned deucer.
Pearl easily #1. She's pretty, she's funny, she's over it, she's hilariously dry.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

I wanna talk about Ep 2 but I guess I shouldn't since it has not aired but I have a link if anyone wants it.
Yeah, please no leakyrino :_: At least wait until it airs and then put it in hide tags if it contains spoilers.

Has anyone else watched the other videos they have up? Logo has about three times as much content as before. You can actually watch the entire first episode with commentary from Bianca del Rio and Alaska. World of Wonder has videos on YouTube where you can see the queens arriving at their hotel and then one where you see them right before meeting the other girls for the first time. Katya is HILAR in both videos. I'm really really pulling for her now. Not only does she crack me up she's so down to earth in the behind the scenes shit. Max keeps up her alter ego the whole time which is a bit annoying. You know Ru and the judges are going to get on her for that just like they did with Laganja, but for different reasons of course. Ru loves to see some vulnerability. Loves it. She should start saying "Uniqueness, nerve, poise, and talent and vulnerability." Seriously she loves to see a breakdown.

Anyway check out those vids. Some are on Logo and some are on Youtube. Oh and Raja and Raven did a Fashion Photo Ruview of the first episode. That one's on Youtube also.

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Okay finally had a chance to view the second episodes and I'll put my text in hide tags because there will be spoilers.

This looked like such a fun challenge with the whole introduction to a plane video from Glamazonion Airways. More importantly Ginger Minj has shown her lip syncing talents so If I were any of them I would be afraid if Ginger ever gets into the bottom two. Sasha done absolutely terrible. You get given a major role yet you can't say any of the words. I was 90% sure Miss Fame would be in the bottom two after she basically messed it up for the team she was on. I think the "perfect" drag queen has some flaws which were revealed.

Violets waist... omfg. Never seen anything so small, be nice to see what she wears in future weeks on the runway. Other than that I think everyone done okay, still want to see what others will bring to the show or they'll just be out early.

Next to go home? I'd put my money on either Jasmine Masters or Kandy Ho'.

EV

Banned deucer.
Episode 2 was cool. That musical was long! And the good lord knows I'm half tuning into this show to watch the pit crew. I've never wanted a red-headed boyfriend more than right now. D:

A few things surprised me about the episode:
1) I thought Trixie should have received more recognition for her performance in the musical. Her drunk stewardess was the funniest part of the whole show!
2) Why didn't Violet win again? Seriously are we not allowed to have back-to-back wins? Ginger did well, sure, but the best? Plus her Jet Set Eleganza look was odd. Def not airplane ready nor all that pretty tbh. Violet had the performance in the musical down and she had a better runway look.
3) Why wasn't Miss Fame in the bottom 2!?! If anything is going to light a fire under her ass it's that. Yes, Katya flubbed her lip sync in the show, but she had one of the BEST runway looks that night. She's funny as hell and my heart was racing when she was picked to lip sync for her life. Then again, she was up against Sasha, so I wasn't THAT worried. And god damn, the slow splits? Girl can werk!

Episode 3 predictions based off the preview/show so far/sacrifices at the oracle's alter:
  • Pearl's cold exterior is starting to crack. Eventually she's going to have a breakdown, but I don't think it will happen quite yet. However, expect to see some of the facade chip away in Episode 3. Whether her attitude is enough to get her into the bottom 2 is hard to say. I think she will be toward the bottom though.
  • Max's quirk is going to annoy the girls. Think of it like Laganja, but for a different reason. She comes off theatrical, so she may pull through in the acting challenge, which will only push some of the girls further away.
  • Jaidynn will set herself up as the "anti comedy queen" queen. We already saw it in the first episode, but now they can start fleshing out that conflict some more, especially considering there's an acting challenge.
  • Jasmine will screw something up. Miss Fame will turn it around.
  • Bottom 2: Jasmine vs. Kandy Ho/Mrs. Kasha Davis. Eliminated: Jasmine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)