Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Synthesis
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb

I'm tired. Sets up Curses, recovers health, and hits hard.
Goodbye

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Torterra @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Basically Rock Polish Torterra without using a turn to set up Rock Polish. With a Choice Scarf and a Jolly Nature, Torterra hits 348 Speed, outspeeding everything up to Quick Feet Ursaring, as well as other base 105 Pokemon such as Kadabra and Rapidash. Wood Hammer and Earthquake are Torterra's main STAB attacks, with Stone Edge hitting Flying-types such as Dodrio, Ninjask, and Togetic, while Crunch allows to hit Ghost-types such as Haunter and Gourgeist.

Last edited:

Torterra Life Orb / Leftovers
EVS: 252 ATK / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake / Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

A Double Dance set that can help against some different pokés... If you see Stall, go for Swords Dance and Destroy those defensive pokés... If you see Offense, then go for Rock Polish! And if you see opportunities, just set up both of them and sweep the enemy. Wood Hammer Gives Torterra a STAB to work with but depending on your other team members, you can also use Earthquake at expense of some Super effective coverage on Poliwrath and Piloswine, to have better neutral coverage.

For Item, Life Orb can be used for more power, but if you go with Wood Hammer you can also use Leftovers to recover a little bit of that recoil...

Whaddaya think guys?

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Some ideas if you're stuck: LO Synthesis + 3 Attacks and standard offensive Torterra with Toxic are really good options that are very worth using over what's currently on the analysis on some teams, and I would vote for them if someone actually posts them. But here's something else:

Torterra @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
- Stealth Rock / Stone Edge
- Endure

Did your Torterra just burst through an offensive team with powerful STABs, only to be stopped cold by a revenge killer? Endure to survive the hit at 1 HP, then smack them with a Custap STAB move. It's a fun way of luring fast revenge killers and the like, such as Ninetales, Rapidash, Simipour, RD Wrath, Rotom-F, Sneasel (who in their right mind Ice Shards an unboosted Torterra at 1 HP?), and Dodrio, all of which would normally come in safely after Torterra kills something and attempt to revenge kill.

Torterra's low speed makes it easy to lure in faster and frailer Pokemon, coupled with the fact that Torterra's STABs are both powerful and hard to resist. If you're worried that the opponent might smell a rat after you reveal Endure, you can just replace it with Toxic or Crunch or something and play it as you would a normal Torterra, and surprise them after you wear yourself down, which shouldn't be too difficult due to Torterra's good natural bulk.

Torterra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power

Works like Tangela except is it ten times worse but beats Ninetales and Volt Switch users.
Hidden Power Ice 2HKOs opposing Tangela which is cute.
Still better than user Anty

Get ready for your butts to be rocked.

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Look at this set, you can just feel the power emanating from this majestic beast as he dances in a fashion that somehow makes magical swords appear around him. Not only does he boast a power similar to that of a Chioce Banded Rampardos, but he also can polish his rocks (ew?) to outspeed even the blindingly fast Electrode. Truly this is the only set worthy of a beast such as Torterra, for when you are as mighty as the gods and as fast as Usain Bolt you truly have no one to stop you.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Worry Tort (Torterra) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Atk / 116 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer / Synthesis
- Worry Seed
- Toxic
- Earthquake

EDIT: Synthesis should be considered, but has tough competition for that last slot.

Worry Seed changes your opponent's ability to Insomnia, thus removing problematic abilities like Guts and Levitate.

This means that RestTalkers can no longer use Rest and are whittled away by Toxic. Pokemon like Throh have an especially tough time against this set, because its Guts is removed and no longer receives that attack boost while it's poisoned. The damage it does with Storm Throw is further limited by Shell Armor, as it can no longer crit. Restalk Poliwrath also has a rough time, as Wood Hammer does a lot of damage that it can't recover. Even if it's an offensive Poliwrath, Wood Hammer has a 87.5% chance to OHKO.

It gets more interesting as people try to switch in Pokemon with Levitate, like Rotom-F. Yache Berry + 116 SDef EVs means Torterra will never be OHKO'd by Timid 252 SpA Scarf Rotom's Blizzard, even after Stealth Rock damage. And, if you predict correctly and Worry Seed it as it's switching in, you become able to OHKO it with Earthquake the next turn because Levitate is no longer there to save it. Another case where Worry Seed scores you the KO is Haunter, as Earthquake hits it SE once Worry Seed has been applied.

Worry Seed has much more utility than just removing Guts and Levitate though. Likewise, specially defensive Yache Berry Torterra can take most Ice type hits. Give this Worry Wort a try and see how you like it. :-)

144+ Atk Torterra Wood Hammer vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Poliwrath: 366-432 (99.1 - 117%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Poliwrath Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 116 SpD Yache Berry Torterra: 146-172 (37.1 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Poliwrath Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 116 SpD Yache Berry Torterra: 216-256 (54.9 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Poliwrath Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Yache Berry Torterra: 140-166 (35.6 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

144+ Atk Torterra Wood Hammer vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Poliwrath: 260-308 (67.8 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

144+ Atk Torterra Wood Hammer vs. 192 HP / 32 Def Throh: 193-228 (44.9 - 53.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Throh Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Yache Berry Torterra: 146-172 (37.1 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Throh Storm Throw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Torterra: 87-103 (22.1 - 26.2%) -- 8.8% chance to 4HKO

With Worry Seed active on Rotom-F:
144+ Atk Torterra Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rotom-F: 272-324 (112.8 - 134.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Rotom-F Blizzard vs. 248 HP / 116 SpD Yache Berry Torterra: 312-368 (79.3 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

144+ Atk Torterra Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raichu: 470-554 (180 - 212.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Raichu Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 116 SpD Yache Berry Torterra: 133-159 (33.8 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

144+ Atk Torterra Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zebstrika: 422-500 (145 - 171.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Overheat vs. 248 HP / 116 SpD Torterra: 268-317 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With Worry Seed active on Haunter:
144+ Atk Torterra Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Haunter: 542-642 (234.6 - 277.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Haunter Sludge Wave vs. 248 HP / 116 SpD Torterra: 187-220 (47.5 - 55.9%) -- 78.1% chance to 2HKO

144+ Atk Torterra Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sneasel: 280-330 (111.5 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Yache Berry Torterra: 281-330 (71.5 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Torterrible Idea (Torterra) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stockpile
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

Just as the picture entails, this turtle is a fat piece of tank. I was looking through my little Tree Friend's Movelist when I came upon Stockpile. I don't want to sound like Verlis here but stockpile looks like it could be very solid for torterra to live a bunch of hits and keep dishing out its own. Just keep in mind: When in doubt, Stockpile it out.

Zebstrika @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- Pursuit / Sleep Talk

It had to be done.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
This little guy can be a nuisance in the right situations, where it can do massive damage on chatot by using me first on it's boombursts or thunderbolting it in the face. It also helps to kill things like golem where it can steal it's earthquake and hit it for pretty good damage. Thunderbolt is just for some strong damage on things. Sub is there to insure that if you don't kill you still can live their supereffective move coming towards you. Thunder Wave is just there to stop the momentum of the opposing pokemon. The Speed EV's allow it to outspeed everything barring ninjask, electrode, scarfers, and boosted pokemon, allowing me first to go off most of the time. The Attack allows it to kill golem after rocks and one stack of spike and or prior damage by using me first on an earthquake. The Special Attack allows it to do damage to any special moves from probopass to chatot and on.

Zebstrika @ Life Orb/Leftovers
EVs: 52 HP / 92 Atk / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Me First
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

All calcs take into matter that Me First boosts the base power of a move by 150%.

112 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Earth Power vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Probopass: 338-400 (111.1 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

112 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Chatot: 365-430 (124.5 - 146.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (if it's behind a sub)

92 Atk Life Orb Zebstrika Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Golem: 247-291 (82 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

112 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Torkoal: 322-380 (114.5 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

112 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Poliwrath: 265-312 (82.5 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

92 Atk Life Orb Zebstrika Drill Run vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rapidash: 328-387 (121 - 142.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

112 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sneasel: 153-181 (60.9 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

112 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mr. Mime: 103-122 (46.6 - 55.2%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO

Marowak/Piloswine: self explanatory

Electrode(Not much of a threat, but walls this set]

Scarfers: Raichu can wall this for the most part and you can't hit it; Rotom has to hit 2
blizzards, but you can't hit it; Mime Can be annoying, but you can 2HKO it after prior damage.

Other Zebstrika (have to risk speed tie/risk it being scarf).

Priority Moves

Bad Plays: Gas's main weakness of many comes out in a scary sort of way when attempting to predict low ladder sets.

Shoutout to Tone for help with calcs

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Zebstrika @ Life Orb / White Herb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Ground types are problematic and having your momentum stopped by them sucks for Zebstrika. Tho that doesn't mean you can't screw them over as well. The minute they try to Earthquake, just pull a David Blaine and rise off the ground with Magnet Rise and dodge those Earthquakes. This set gives up momentum for staying power plus provides a counter to Torterra not running Stone Edge. Thunderbolt is for STAB, Overheat for Grass-types such as Tangela and Jumpluff, and Hidden Power Grass for Ground-types, specifically Piloswine. Life Orb gives Zebstrika's attacks extra power at the cost of longevity, while White Herb allows a one-time recovery from Overheat's Special Attack drop for more staying power.

Edit: took out HP Ice. Thanks Anty

Last edited:

Introducing Flame Charge Zebstrika

Zebstrika @ Expert Belt
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Flame Charge
- Double-Edge
- Volt Switch

So I've been watching PU for a while on YouTube, haven't played it until about 12 hours ago where I based it around this Zebstrika set.

I noticed that there's a lot of Roselia's around the like blindly pressing Sleep Powder. This set functions as a switch in to Roseila if you're expecting a Sleep Powder. With an Adamant nature you're hitting as hard as you are with Timid Life Orb, which with the help of Expert Belt allows you to 2HKO the 252/120/136 Roselia Set with Flame Charge or Double Edge.

If you have Stealth Rocks and Spike support you don't even need the Sap Sipper boost, as Flame Charge will 2HKO, although it's generally better to Flame Charge and follow it up with a Double-Edge which will also finish off the Roselia as well as denting a potential switch-in.

Adamant allows for maximum damage output, allowing it to OHKO some of the naturally bulky mons in the tier such as Articuno, Drifblim, Lapras, Offensive Poliwrath, while 2HKO'ing Aurorus, Carracosta and Defensive Poliwrath. It can also punish switch-ins looking to get Lightning Rod with Double-Edge OHKO'ing Pikacha, and 2HKOing Raichu and opposing Zebstrika with Flame Charge + Double Edge. Most bulky grass types such as Roselia, Gogoat, Meganium, Tropius and Leafeon that give it a Sap Sipper boost get 2HKO'd by Flame Charge and can't do much back, although rocks and a spike is suggested incase you don't get the boost.

200 Speed EV's allow you outspeed Haunter, I don't find it necessary to run any more speed than this because after Flame Charge your fast as hell anyway, and the things that do outspeed you such as Dodrio aren't going to be coming in on you anyway, expecting you to be faster. The rest go into HP to help offset the recoil damage. Volt Switch allows you to switch out on things this set struggles to get past such as Probopass, Magcargo, Lickylicky, Golem and Dusknoir. You can replace it with Double Kick if you want, but it still struggles to get past these mons, with it making no difference to Dusknoir.

It's a really fun set, definitely give it a go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)