What kind of cellphone do you use?

I got an AT&T flip phone, that I call a "fossil" when I talk to my friends. It's not bad, but compared to the rest of the community I live in, well...

iPhone 3GS. The problems I have are weekly new scratches on the back mostly, though it's still nice enough to hold (not comparing it with newer phones though, otherwise it'd suck), very slow speed for which reason I'll upgrade to a 5 or 5S (or maybe a Galaxy S4!), iOS 7/8 > iOS 6.1.6 and not being able to play like 95% of the games I want to because if the iOS version required is 6.1.6 or less (i.e. a get-able app for me) for the app, then the game simply lags so much that after 1 minute of laggy gameplay the phone quits the app. This problem is most notably in Ninja Slash and Subway Surfers, because I haven't tried any other game I like after those after discovering the slowness.

However, I won't say it is so shit that I should throw it in the garbage. I can get Music, pictures that rival the 4S's camera in high-light (or whatever is the opposite of low-light), small size so easily able to hold it and fits in basically every pocket and I like simplicity over complexity unless literally just too simple, which is certainly not the case here, so yeah. Still though, the phone is so bad compared to even iPhone 4's, which makes me sad.

If you want a new phone though, I'd recommend the Nexus series, Galaxy S4 and if you really don't have a problem with huge sizes then the Note 4 is the best phablet you can get these days. If you wanna stick to smaller phones then you should obviously stick to iPhone (get a 5S if you do!), otherwise if you want neither big nor small then HTC has a few cool but not that cool sets from 2010-2013 that can work well with a size ranging from 4 inches to 5 inches.

To be fair, there really isn't anything "borderline" these days so the only phones you get are either 4 inches or 5 inches, the policy runs somewhat like that. The Sony Xperia series is also amazing (Z3 all the way!) if you don't mind larger phones, and if you can wait a few months then Xperia Z4, One M9 (and One M9 Plus?!) and Galaxy S6 will be your prime choices.

Motorolla isn't that bad either, so you can find a few cheap smartphones that certainly don't lag behind in terms of performance. LG seemingly has stepped up its game with LG G3, but honestly I haven't researched and don't know much about these two companies and how good their sets are. Oppo gets a honourable mention primarily because I love the N3's camera! Aside from that, R5 is amazingly slick and literally 2 mm thinner than the iPhone 6! With that, it has respectable specs but wait... there's no 3.5 mm jack... which is why the x5 MAX by vivo takes the cake for a good thin phone.

My personal opinion remains the iPhone, though, 5S taking the cake for smaller phones overall actually, with the 6 and 6 Plus rivalling other phablets.

Good luck finding a good replacement, and if you don't, stick to your current phone and don't take a risk!

ITT we discuss mobile phones, or 'cell phones'. I haven't found any of these threads yet so I thought of creating one. Does really everyone these days have a smartphone? At the moment I'm using an iPhone 4, but I'm seriously considering switching to Android, as iOS limits a lot of stuff. Anyone that can tell me the pros and cons of Android?

Let's discuss.
Did you already decide/buy one?

I have an Asus Zenphone 4 and it's beyond garbage. Crashes from time to time, battery life is incredible low (I have to charge after 2 hours of youtubing), slow as shit. Only reason I bought the phone because it is cheap because I did not have the heart to spend on iPhone and Samsung S-series phones. Would probably buy a Sony Z2 soon. Cheap, great camera and fantastic battery life. I do not need fancy apps, customization and novelties because I don't use them. Just need a phone with above average processing speed and battery.

Did you already decide/buy one?
No, not yet. I just like the iPhone's physical look and interface a lot, and I'm not really planning to do stuff iOS limits me to do. Therefore I don't really care what phone I have as long as it can do the stuff I do now. And since I own an iPhone 4 now, I won't switch unless it actually limits me in doing stuff.

No, not yet. I just like the iPhone's physical look and interface a lot, and I'm not really planning to do stuff iOS limits me to do. Therefore I don't really care what phone I have as long as it can do the stuff I do now. And since I own an iPhone 4 now, I won't switch unless it actually limits me in doing stuff.
Hmm, I upgraded from an iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 lately, and I regret it because of the size. Was curious about experiences of others.

I'm using a Motorola Moto X.

Android>IOS because the interface is SO much better and handier than IOS.It's more convenient than IOS when it comes to media and Android has better apps.Definitely take an android if you can

Sony Xperia Z2. bought it a week ago, still learning my way around but so far so good. mobile internet is cool.

previous phone is a nokia c2-00 (and a nokia 1208 before that) so big jump.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Nokia Lumia 635 with Windows. Free handset, 250 mins, unlimited texts, 500mb data for £14.99/month. I don't need anything fancier.

Using an iPhone 5s. It has been a reliable and consistent phone ever since I got it. In my opinion, iOS >> Android and by a long shot, simply because iOS has a much simpler interface, and everything works well together. Android phones have such a weird UI, and things like Settings are a mess on Android.

They have historically been ahead of iPhones in terms of performance and specs, with apples only noticeable advantages being its easier to use and has a broader range of apps. In terms of what you get for the price, most other smart phones outperform the iPhone, at least this good true in Australia where everything technology related is rediculouly high priced. Maybe in the U.S. things are more competitive and there's not such a noticeable price gap between Apple and Samsung /whoever.
I have to respectfully disagree with this. iPhone's have been shown to outperform top Android phones, despite having "lower" specs than them. This is because Apple makes software for very specific sets of hardware (currently, the A5(X), A6(X), A7(X), and A8(X) processors), a much smaller set than what Android has to be made for.

OP, I highly recommend staying with the iPhone line. What specifically do you feel "restricted" with when using iOS?

Last edited:

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
I have a Nokia 925. It's not the fastest phone, nor newest, nor does it get that great apps, but hey, at least it won't break.

OP, I highly recommend staying with the iPhone line. What specifically do you feel "restricted" with when using iOS?
No support for flash, glass front and glass back (although designed to withstand considerable impact, still prone to damage), camera lacks optical zoom, no support to edit Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files. I also feel limited in stuff like having (GBA) emulators on my phone. Or for instance, WhatsApp recently released a web version, which I cannot use because iOS doesn't support it. No, I don't want to 'jailbreak'.

Last edited:
I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S3 (but I plan to upgrade to the S4/5/or 6 soon). My phone supports GBA emulators, and I've beaten Pokemon Fire Red//Leaf Green and Sapphire and Ruby on my S3 via GBA emulators. It's a lovely phone, really, and very reliable and durable. I generally prefer the Samsung operating system for cell phones, and I like the Apple/Mac operating systems for laptops and computers. :3

htc one m7. still the most beautiful phone on the market. my only complaint is my camera turns purple in low light which is a well known issue. i'll upgrade it when the new moto x or other 'cheap' unlocked phones come out (one plus two, etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)