Unpopular opinions

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well, the way I see it, there is a simple solution to the "IV problem", but it would ruin Hidden Power: Make all Pokémon born of "flawless" parents be flawless themselves. That way, you'd only have to breed for IVs every once in a while, and chain breeding would be the new way of spreading the joy to new species of Pokémon. It would also make flawless 'mons flood the GTS, as people would still obtain spitbacks with undesirable natures (but those would still just be perfect for breeding purposes - you'd need an "ancestor" for every Egg group anyway). Given the continued existence of Everstones, breeding competitively relevant Pokémon would be ridiculously easy to do, as you wouldn't have to worry about anything but passing on moves and Abilities.

I do agree, the changes implemented in Gen. VI helped immensely - earlier, flawless 'mons were almost a prerequisite to win, yet they were nearly impossible to acquire without hacking and practically reverse-engineering the game code. Now at least penta- and hexaflawless 'mons are within reach for ordinary people. Still, while doable, the whole ordeal isn't very fun. The way the current system works, well, if you want a competitively decent 'mon, you have to figure out a bunch of stuff (easy enough), then commit a bunch of time and effort to do it (easy once you've got the knowledge - but grindy and boring as heck). That would be okay, if the mechanic of breeding was something more than just "Acquire egg, then run in circles for a while so you can check if the newborn is worth keeping or not". It's very time-consuming, and whether you succeed or not boils down to dumb luck. What Gen. VI did was giving you a way to massively increase the odds of success, but it's still more of a hassle than a test of skill. The actual skill part - learning how to breed, so to say - is the fun and "interactive" part of it. Actually obtaining a good-IV'd Pokémon is just a boring chore. Pick up egg, bike around a bit, check it when it hatches, keep/toss depending on whether you like the result, repeat until you do. Where's the skill and the fun? That's an one-time thing, the first time you learn how to do it, and maybe some when you figure out the breeding chain you have to go through. The entire rest of the process is generating steps and checking results.

Getting good IVs isn't hard. It's tedious. A test of patience, rather than a test of skill. Yet why do we do it? Because it's pretty much required in order to get your Pokémon as good as it can be, and as good as it needs to be for competitive battles. If GameFreak wants to insist on sticking to the "every Pokémon is different" thing, well, IVs will remain as a roadblock to many. I've never delved any deep into it, simply because I won't bother to invest the time to play dice with the RNG. I know my Pokémon will be suboptimal, and I guess I would have lost many battles due to the fact (if I had ever played a competitive battle, that is), but going further into it is too much of a hassle, Destiny Knot be damned.

Just about any improvement GameFreak could implement would be a welcome lowering of the bar for people to get into cartridge competitive battling. My solution above would keep the element of "breeding for perfection", but you'd only have to do it once or twice per Egg group, drastically increasing your reward for managing to learn it (not to mention it'd help a lot of people by spitback spreading over the GTS). An "Eggnalyzer" or whatever to check IVs before hatching eggs would be another improvement - it'd take the most grindy bit out of the IV breeding.
Having IVs count only up to a certain level - say, 50 - would keep every Pokémon unique in training, then they'd all converge in usefulness as they levelled up. Or temporarily alter participant Pokémon's IVs in tournaments, or... heck, I don't know. Just about anything would help the honestly pretty crappy state of Pokémon genetics as of today. At the moment, good IVs don't give an advantage - rather, non-perfect ones give you a disadvantage, and acquiring perfect IVs is frustrating, tedious, slow, random and awfully grindy.

Worst thing is, this shouldn't even be an unpopular opinion. Guess I could say something about GameFreak setting up a bad system and only caring to fix it halfway when it became apparent that "hacking" was pretty much mandatory for people to unlock the full potential of the games - ignoring that the prime motivation for people to exploit hacks was because not doing it yielded a massive disadvantage in the tournament play environment GameFreak themselves endorse, support and even host.

EDIT TO MAKE THIS UNPOPULAR: Yes, I do reserve the right to call RNG manipulation "hack exploiting" even though no external tools were in use, because it required somebody to at some point reverse engineer a significant part of the game's code, then for people to do stuff like changing the game's clock, counting frames, and a bunch of other stuff that clearly was never meant to be part of the game experience when the games were designed.

Kurona you are right on everything here, but particularly the "Pokegen goes against the spirit of Pokemon" bullshit argument. Indeed I would contend that "the spirit of Pokemon" is encapsulated pretty well by Karen's eternal line, "Real trainers should win with their favourites", a philosophy which Smogon has spent its entire lifespan trying to stamp out and is in general anathema to competitive Pokemon.
This is not the "spirit of Pokémon". That has never been the spirit of Pokémon. Everyone always looks inside the game to find said spirit, but they are missing the point.
The spirit of Pokémon lies in the inspiration for the series, back when Satoshi Tajiri saw two kids playing on their Game Boys using a link cable and imagining bugs traveling through the cable. This is the heart and soul* of the series! Being able to trade and battle with others leads to friendship. Think about it, how many of us would be talking with each other if it wasn't for Pokémon? Very few, especially since we live all over the world. But Pokémon unites us. The games talk about friendship, but so many think that it applies to the virtual monsters and attack those who we should be friends with! This is silly and saddening.

In short, the spirit of Pokémon is friendship, but not with Pokémon, but with each other.

*insert HeartGold/SoulSilver joke here.

I would certainly argue that equating breeding knowledge to competitive skill is rather the point, despite it not being directly addressed in your original statement. What your statement seemed to imply is that for at least the most part, only those who have the ability and time to breed should be permitted to battle. This to me directly correlates to the idea that you should have breeding knowledge in order to competitively play, and hence why I do not like this sort of idea. Compare to other competitive games such as Smash Brothers and Street Fighter. For these competitive fighting games, the only preparation you need to do is to just play the game as you will in official tournaments, practicing and honing your skills. You might give the slight argument that Custom Moves have recently been allowed in certain Smash Tournaments, but for the most part Tournaments have the game at it's simplest. To quote the meme; "Fox only, no items, final destination". While now a weapon of humour, the statement still stands to show that this is how most competitive games are done: at their simplest, with all preparation being the game at nothing but it's simplest.
But then we come to Pokémon, a game which - to my knowledge - has no direct comparison, as it finds the need to double it's preparation time with breeding and training. The problem here is that the breeding and training of Pokémon in no way relates to battle skill and in no way actually prepares you for battle, hence the time you could be using practising your skills and trying out new techniques is instead wasted on something which is time consuming and prepares you for absolutely nothing - it certainly prepares the Pokémon, but for you as a player, what skills have you learned to bring to battle? This is one of the reasons I am for Pokégenning -- it saves you the bother of having to go through an unnecessary, directionless formula.
Now of course, you have the rebuttal of "If you don't have this time, why do you have the time to battle?" and in addition, "Why not Showdown?". To combat both of these points, I am afraid I must bring down on you a slant of reality. A battle takes no less than half an hour. Breeding and training a single Pokémon can take around 3-4 hours at the least, and that's if you're very lucky with the breeding. Expand this to the fact you need six Pokémon for a team, the fact you'll have more than one team, the fact you may later find the Pokémon you've bred and trained no longer fits or is not as good as once thought, and you're caught in an endless cycle of constantly breeding and training just so you can battle. The time of preparation far outweighs the amount of time invested into the actual battle, and is absolutely mandatory. In addition, one who has a full-time job can choose to simply take their days off to travel to a tournament for the big battles; they simply cannot do this whenever they want on a whim for the time needed to breed and train.
Finally, "Why not showdown?". This would be a good argument, if not for two very big factors: Pokétubers and VGC. To start off with the simplest one, VGC is done with the real games, and not Showdown. You can certainly practise in Showdown, but when it comes down to it, you're going to need the real games and Pokémon in those games to actually compete at the tournament. A lot of people don't have the time to breed and train specifically for this instead of actually practising their skills, especially when the VGC rulesets are announced mere months prior. And finally, Pokétubers. Pokétubers also do not have a lot of time on their hands for this; having to find battles, create the videos, edit the videos, not to mention other videos on their channel they might have and in addition a ton of other real-life factors such as jobs, other hobbies, just whatever you can think of. And to keep themselves fresh or just to do different tiers, they are going to need different teams every 5-6 videos. To expect them to breed and train a whole new team in that space of time on a frequent basis with all of their other responsibilities is simply absurd and shows a basic misunderstanding of people having lives outside of Pokémon.
To conclude, the unique situation of competitive Pokémon in which preparation does not correlate in any way to the actual skill of battle means to me that artificially cutting out said preparation is absolutely fine and should in no way be shunned.
Since when does a fucking battle take 30 min? For me unless I play stall (hint: I don't) it lasts at most 15 minutes. Also, I've NEVER taken 4 hours to breed a Pokemon, even when I decided to do it without 6 IV Dittos to see how it feels like (it took me about 2:30 hours to get the Heavy Ball Machop in SS, transfer it, breed EMs into it, and start breeding it until I got a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly one like the one in my spreadsheet, and I had a horrible luck breeding that. But some things can be horrible to breed. Chain egg moves, acquiring the resources such as Pokeballs and EMs, and stupidly long hatch times, not to mention how the RNG is a bitch in Gen 6, all can quickly lead to frustration, even for the most chill players (I myself get pissed off quickly, good thing I got 6 IV Dittos :) ). Even when using help such as 6 IV Dittos, it can still be a pain in the butt, such as my Great Ball Bagon. Taking ages to hatch, HAs not passing down, and acquiring EMs all take a toll on your patience and eventualy you just want to throw your DS out of the window, pick it up, and make a Pokemon. Luckily, I've never reached that far (I just scream in my pillow). And I haven't even gotten into obtaining items. The Battle Maison is too slow-paced to efficiently farm stuff like Weakness Policies and Air Balloons. Or megastones. Luckily in ORAS you can get all megastones 24/7, but for XY players that's not the case. So all that does eventualy lead to frustration.

Codraroll Stop making huge posts, my phone browser just crashed trying to cite you.
Anyways, I saw a point you had there. I think that the 'flawless parent=flawless child' does take away a little of the 'challenge', but the egg-checking is just exactly what I want. A way to just check if you newly-produced egg is optimal would be nice, especially for pseudo-legendaries that just don't want to come out of their fucking eggs. On the subject of eggs, being able to trade them over WT will be nice, too.

Last edited:
Since when does a fucking battle take 30 min? For me unless I play stall (hint: I don't) it lasts at most 15 minutes. Also, I've NEVER taken 4 hours to breed a Pokemon, even when I decided to do it without 6 IV Dittos to see how it feels like (it took me about 2:30 hours to get the Heavy Ball Machop in SS, transfer it, breed EMs into it, and start breeding it until I got a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly one like the one in my spreadsheet, and I had a horrible luck breeding that. But some things can be horrible to breed. Chain egg moves, acquiring the resources such as Pokeballs and EMs, and stupidly long hatch times, not to mention how the RNG is a bitch in Gen 6, all can quickly lead to frustration, even for the most chill players (I myself get pissed off quickly, good thing I got 6 IV Dittos :) ). Even when using help such as 6 IV Dittos, it can still be a pain in the butt, such as my Great Ball Bagon. Taking ages to hatch, HAs not passing down, and acquiring EMs all take a toll on your patience and eventualy you just want to throw your DS out of the window, pick it up, and make a Pokemon. Luckily, I've never reached that far (I just scream in my pillow). And I haven't even gotten into obtaining items. The Battle Maison is too slow-paced to efficiently farm stuff like Weakness Policies and Air Balloons. Or megastones. Luckily in ORAS you can get all megastones 24/7, but for XY players that's not the case. So all that does eventualy lead to frustration
I did perhaps exaggerate, but you are missing certain key words in my post. I said at MOST half an hour, which is very much a possibility considering how slow-paced battles are in-game compared to showdown. In addition, I said breeding and training. This includes EVing, getting the right moves, evolution, and levelling. The point is it's a very slow process, and I really don't appreciate being nitpicked for small details.

Thinking about it, I think I might be the only person here who likes breeding and training their Pokémon. Yeah, it can be mind-numbingly tedious at times, but the reward is worth it to me. I took a Pokémon that was once level 1 (with the first thing it saw hatching from the egg was me) all the way to level 100 with great care put into how it developed, it is just magical. You can hand me a Pokémon that is fully trained and every thing but I won't like it as much as one I trained. And this had been proven since I haven't used my shiny and trained Azumarill, Aegislash, and many others in major battles. It's also partially why I don't like using legendaries (they don't hatch...with the exception of my Giratina in SoulSilver thanks to Arceus).
Now, I'm not saying that as a "moral" thing or anything like that, just my personal preference.

I think my
Thinking about it, I think I might be the only person here who likes breeding and training their Pokémon. Yeah, it can be mind-numbingly tedious at times, but the reward is worth it to me. I took a Pokémon that was once level 1 (with the first thing it saw hatching from the egg was me) all the way to level 100 with great care put into how it developed, it is just magical. You can hand me a Pokémon that is fully trained and every thing but I won't like it as much as one I trained. And this had been proven since I haven't used my shiny and trained Azumarill, Aegislash, and many others in major battles. It's also partially why I don't like using legendaries (they don't hatch...with the exception of my Giratina in SoulSilver thanks to Arceus).
Now, I'm not saying that as a "moral" thing or anything like that, just my personal preference.
I enjoy breeding and training too. I spent the better part of 4 weeks attempting to get every possible bankball, including rare balls. I'm fairly certain that dive ball chikoritas don't exist, so my next goal is to capture Bayleafs in Colloseum until I have them, just so that I can breed them later. I restarted my diamond game for the express purpose of getting focus punch onto Heracross (pre-ORAS needed to teach ledyba it in Gen IV). I think the whole hunt for what a perfect breed looks like is fantastic. Sure, the egg hatching part is not the most intellectually stimulating thing of all time, but I don't feel like there is a much more reasonable way of implementing it.

Kurona, if you read this I think my love for the hunting and breeding assemblage process is one of the reasons the widespread use of pokehexing disappoints me.

I perhaps should say one last thing on this lest people get confused on it; I'm not against people actually breeding and training legit and I'm definitely not against people enjoying it. My only problem is when people call out others for not doing it and using other methods instead.
Like I said one should measure another player by their team building process, their ability to keep momentum and evaluate risks and of course their tough process on achieving winning conditions on the fluency of metagame trends, not in the origins of their team.

I know nobody can ever justly judge what is "fair", but many things in Pokemon don't seem very fair or equal to me. Especially once Gen 6 came around.

-The two most popular Gen 1 Pokemon (Charizard and Mewtwo) received two Mega Evolutions. Some of the starters haven't even gotten one, and what makes these Pokemon so special to get 2 Megas? Why only those two?
-They gave Rayquaza a Mega Evolution. That can hold an item.

Also I don't like playing OU because:
-I see the same fifteen Pokemon in every. single. team. (Land-T, Latios, Bisharp, Clefable, Tyranitar + Excadrill, Heatran, Charizard and friends)
-I hate Talonflame.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know nobody can ever justly judge what is "fair", but many things in Pokemon don't seem very fair or equal to me. Especially once Gen 6 came around.

-The two most popular Gen 1 Pokemon (Charizard and Mewtwo) received two Mega Evolutions. Some of the starters haven't even gotten one, and what makes these Pokemon so special to get 2 Megas? Why only those two?

Also I don't like playing OU because:
-I see the same fifteen Pokemon in every. single. team. (Land-T, Latios, Bisharp, Clefable, Tyranitar + Excadrill, Heatran, Charizard and friends)
-I hate Talonflame.
Honestly, not saying OU has the same 15 pokemon would probably be the unpopular opinion. I think with the new changes to the meta it's become a lot more varied, and there have been two high peaking rmts recently with some underrated mons like gastrodon, rotom-h, and seismitoad that kind of reflect that

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Two Mega CharMew: Now let me start off that you're right it's just due to their popularity that they got two Mega Evolutions which does seem a bit unfair, but it does open up the possibility for other Pokemon to get multiple Mega Evolutions. With that said, I think it is justifiable for Charizard being one sticks to his routes of a Fire/Flying while another finally gives him Fire/Dragon that many Charizard fans have always dreamed of. It's like one Mega Stone is boosting Charizard's natural talents while the other one is unlocking a hidden potential.
For Mewtwo, I guess you can justify the same but I would say that's pushing it. You can that since its meant to be the "ultimate weapon" that it could translate to it having two forms: one for Special (enhanced abilities) and one for Physical (unlocked hidden potential). That said, Mewtwo never looked like a physical fighter with how thin its arms and bulky its legs are (its fingers are ball shaped at the end too). They originally made it with the idea this was the ultimate Psychic and should look thus... which is maybe why Mega Mewtwo X looks like it's growing tumors in its arms and legs instead of simply bulked up. Charizard looked like a dragon so they didn't need to go out of their way to make it look more dragon-like for Mega Charizard X (infact they didn't, they just painted Charizard black, gave it shoulder spikes, tattered wings, blue flames, and called it a day).
Maybe in the future we'll get another Pokemon with two Mega Stones OR they may release a new Mega Evolution for a Pokemon which already has one, but it needs to make sense.
Mega Primal: While I like seeing them experiment with the idea of Mega Evolutions, I think they jumped the gun a bit with the Primals and Mega Rayquaza. While I'm okay with the Primals evolving as soon as they're sent out (like you weren't going to anyway...), I don't like that you can have BOTH Primals AND a Mega Evolution on your team. GameFreak, you just set up the Mega Evolution metagame, and ALREADY you're breaking it? The original rule for Mega Pokemon made sense, one per team and they need to be holding their Mega Stone (thus give-up a held item boost). But Mega Rayquaza doesn't need a held item making it more overpowered then it already is and the Primals, though they need to hold an item, can Primal Evolve without effecting the other or the Mega Evolution (plus their Abilities are overpowered enough to make up for the lack of items). Why? It's dumb, I would even say it shows you don't care about the metagame. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if tournaments either outright banned them or put rules restriction that pretty much forces the player to treat them like any other Mega Pokemon (only one Mega/Primal per team, Mega Rayqauza can't hold an item) which makes this overpowered point moot! Thinking about it, you just gave them a useless Mega/Primal Evolution since no one is going to allowed them to be used because if they did YOU'LL SEE THEM EVERYWHERE!
I can only think that they purposely made them overpowered in ORAS to make promote the game even more only for either XY2 or Gen VII to reveal that they've applied the above rules and it's only on Hoenn can they be that overpowered. Of course with that said it makes me worried what they plan on doing in Gen IV Remakes and even other games after this. And if they don't restrict the Primals and Mega Rayquaza... what's the point of them?

Part of the reason why I liked breeding Pokémon, whether for competitive or casual purposes, is because it lets me explore the process behind how Pokémon obtain their moves. It's also fun seeing what ridiculous but legitimate movesets you could possibly make all by yourself (my personal favorite was breeding the triple-OHKO Lapras, thank you XY for making that dream a reality).

Oh, and I also get annoyed that Lumineon is widely considered "forgettable." I mean, yeah, it's quite obscure, it has little competitive value, and personally, I actually like its pre-evolution, Finneon, a lot more. But every time I see Lumineon marked as obscure by someone, I sense an indirect jab towards Finneon, too. I don't see why people would forget Finneon, though. After all...
  • It's got the rare Storm Drain ability, shared by only two other Pokémon families.
  • It's called "the Beautifly of the Sea," a title that struck out to me, especially considering that Finneon can learn U-Turn, Silver Wind and Defog, moves you don't normally see on fish Pokémon.
  • It's got one of the coolest Pokémon cries out there. It sure caught me off guard the first time I heard it, and it always sounds so mysterious and unique in contrast to many Pokémon cries.
I wouldn't call Finneon a favorite of mine, but it's definitely a Pokémon I'd remember.

I did perhaps exaggerate, but you are missing certain key words in my post. I said at MOST half an hour, which is very much a possibility considering how slow-paced battles are in-game compared to showdown. In addition, I said breeding and training. This includes EVing, getting the right moves, evolution, and levelling. The point is it's a very slow process, and I really don't appreciate being nitpicked for small details.
Training can take at the very most 20 minutes, with leveling up and EVing. You have horde EV training and Blissey Bases to do it

HGSS had the best UI of any game. It made everything simple and easy.
If only it had a way to use the touchscreen to move...

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
/me burns him down for being a Flygon-hating sinner
I don't hate it, but I can't see how it has a better design than any of the other great Hoenn pokemon (slaking, salamence, Metagross, milotic, bananasaur, Armaldo, skarmory, etc have much better designs imo, and those are off the top of my head). Flygon isn't particularly unique, it was designed as a dragon of the desert and probably could've had bug typing and still not have been amazing.
Edit: and why the fuck does it get boomburst

I don't hate it, but I can't see how it has a better design than any of the other great Hoenn pokemon (slaking, salamence, Metagross, milotic, bananasaur, Armaldo, skarmory, etc have much better designs imo, and those are off the top of my head). Flygon isn't particularly unique, it was designed as a dragon of the desert and probably could've had bug typing and still not have been amazing.
Skarmory is a gen 2 pokemon, anyone who ever did a GSC era tournament knows the skarmbliss to a T...
But yeah Hoenn got some interesting design like tropius and hariyama I just can't see why people praise flygon that much, to each their own I guess.

Agreed Hoenn has a lot more interesting Pokémon than Garchomp junior. Cradily, Breloom, Ninjask, Shedninja, Zangoose off the top of my head I would rather see a mega for along with your list. Why is FLYgon a ground type anyway?

MZ

Skarmory is a gen 2 pokemon, anyone who ever did a GSC era tournament knows the skarmbliss to a T...
But yeah Hoenn got some interesting design like tropius and hariyama I just can't see why people praise flygon that much, to each their own I guess.
I say skarm is gen 3 every time x_x

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
11pikabro :
Beautifly of the Sea: It's definitely a unique Pokemon. I would say that the reason it's "forgotten" is because it sort of got overshadowed. First off you needed a Good Rod to fish one up meaning you won't be able to get one until you get to Hearthome. Second by then, if you want a Water-type on your team, you could have gotten a Buizel or Shellos if you didn't pick Piplup (not to mention the other Water-types that are available. It's not even the lone fish Pokemon, there's also Magikarp, Goldeen, Barboach, Remoraid, and Feebas). Also, being its the "Beautifly of the Sea" I think it should get Quiver Dance, I mean if Lilligant got it why not Finneon/Lumineon?

Gokuzbu :
HGSS UI: Best feature that never came back: Auto-Run Button. Don't know why they removed it. :(

Norne :
Extra Bags: Gen IV also had a good bag. I think a mix of Gen IV and BW2's bag (plus a new space for Mega Stones) would make the ideal bag: Items, Medicine, Pokeballs, TMs & HMs, Berries, Mega Stones, Key Items, and Free Space. I'd even argue splitting Items up into Held/Battle Items and Tool Items.

DjangoUnchained :
Fairy Good: Fairy-type is a nice addition, adding in some needed balance in a metagame that had been staying the same type-wise. What I most like about Fairy-type that pretty much no one saw it coming, many people clamoring for a "Light-Type" because there's a Dark-type not knowing its called "Evil-type" in Japan. *sigh* Also, while many are pink and cute, it does seem GameFreak had done their homework and delve into a bit of old Faerie lore (such as them being weak to cold iron) and many are also mischievous creatures. Though one wonders how deep in the lore will they go...
Misty-tude: While I like Misty, much like Iris and Serena (at least until she finally decided to get into Showcases) they really didn't give her much to do which pushed her in the background. Misty pretty much came experienced thus didn't really have much character development to go through and that came full circle by becoming Cerulean City's permanent Gym Leader. Thinking about it she didn't really need to prove herself to get the title, she was already qualified and the only reason she wasn't was because her sisters liked the title but upon realizing they could travel if they weren't Gym Leader gave her the title (at least Misty's oldest sister, Daisy, seems more responsible). But yeah, compared with May and Dawn she didn't do much. I can also see her tsundere attitude not agreeing with people, Misty could get volatile.

Megazard Z :
Mega Flygon: Meh, I think it deserves a Mega Evolution as much as any other Pokemon. I'll admit the reason I think it should get a Mega Evolution is because 1. it's owned by a special NPC and 2. I think it would become a Bug/Dragon which would be awesome.
After ORAS I do think they might want to consider at least making Gym Leader's, Elite Four's, Villain Boss's, and other important NCC's aces into Mega Pokemon so that post game you could re-challenge them and they'll use Mega Pokemon like ORAS's Elite Four.
Cross Gen Skarmory: Lol, takes me a moment to also remember it's from Gen II, especially after using it on my ORAS team. FUN FACT: My Skarmory took out Steven's Mega Metagross. I thought Metagross would knock out Skamory so I thought I would weaken it a bit before sending out my Sceptile for a MEGA BATTLE. Well, I used Night Slash which landed a crit and knocked it out.

Agreed Hoenn has a lot more interesting Pokémon than Garchomp junior. Cradily, Breloom, Ninjask, Shedninja, Zangoose off the top of my head I would rather see a mega for along with your list. Why is FLYgon a ground type anyway?
It's an allusion to the real-life animal it's based off of, the antlion (which is actually the larval stage of the Lacewing/Dameslfly). They are desert animals, so it gave gamefreak an excuse not to make the billionth bug-flying type.

We need more fairy types, but not these:

more like these:

(from left to right, Dullahan, Cu Sith, and Will-o-wisps).

Klefki, Xerneas, Carbink, Armoatisse, and Granbull were good starts but we need to expand!
*EDIT: And Mawile! How did I forget her? Thanks lucariomaster2.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)