Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I keep seeing all these threads where Fireburn says at the end, "this isn't a thread to discuss bans." What I want to know is, what is? Where can I request the Ubers QC/mods to put up Pokémon for suspect testing into AG?

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
So I keep seeing all these threads where Fireburn says at the end, "this isn't a thread to discuss bans." What I want to know is, what is? Where can I request the Ubers QC/mods to put up Pokémon for suspect testing into AG?
lol Fireburn is everywhere. Ubers being what it is, we're still not so open to bans as one might expect after creation of AG(not that anything appears ban-worthy atm). Imo if you think something is ban worthy(a Pokemon, a move, a strategy etc.), i think you can PM one of the Ubers staff member, provided you have satisfactory arguments to support your view.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Nowhere.

And also there will be no more suspect tests.

Last edited:
lol Fireburn is everywhere. Ubers being what it is, we're still not so open to bans as one might expect after creation of AG(not that anything appears ban-worthy atm). Imo if you think something is ban worthy(a Pokemon, a move, a strategy etc.), i think you can PM one of the Ubers staff member, provided you have satisfactory arguments to support your view.
How about no, theres not likely ever going to be a ban like this and anyone who wants to suggest one clearly doesn't know enough by ubers to need to. Ray was a one time fluke.

I'm a little confused as to which Arceus type does what, so I'm wondering if anyone can provide a list of which Arceus can run Offensive Calm Mind, which can run Defensive Calm Mind, which can be used for support, and which ones are good with Swords Dance. Putting one Arceus into multiple categories is okay and encouraged.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm a little confused as to which Arceus type does what, so I'm wondering if anyone can provide a list of which Arceus can run Offensive Calm Mind, which can run Defensive Calm Mind, which can be used for support, and which ones are good with Swords Dance. Putting one Arceus into multiple categories is okay and encouraged.
When you say offensive cm do you mean like 2 Attacks and recover, and defensive as in 1 attack with refresh?

Anyway I will try:
SD: normal, Ghost, Ground, maybe Steel, maybe Dragon (not recommended)
CM Refresh: Dark, Ghost (kind of), Fairy (kind of), Rock (kind of), Flying (lol). Dark is probably the best and the most used.
CM: Electric (not very good anymore), Ice (only very specific builds)
Support: normal, Fairy, Ghost, Grass, Water, Rock, Poison, Steel

The rest are pretty iffy, and tbh Dragon and Flying are kind of iffy as well. Poison and Steel are mostly for Xerneas I would say. Grass is bleh since Primal Groudon and Birds, Water can't really hit PDon either. Normal support is Wallceus with Recover / status / Earth Power / Ice Beam

Is GeoXern still the premium set for Xerneas? What other common Xerneas sets are effective in the current metagame?

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Is GeoXern still the premium set for Xerneas? What other common Xerneas sets are effective in the current metagame?
GeoXern is probably the most threatening, but it isn't as much as it was in XY due to Primal Groudon being so good. Other effective sets are:
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast / Thunder
- Grass Knot / Thunder

Xerneas @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat

Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy / Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
All the sets came from here.

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
How often are Aegislash, Mega Lucario, and Greninja used in ubers?
i edited my answer into the other post, but ill just copy paste here

and to answer your question, not very often. aegislash is somewhat used as it checks popular mons like the lati twins and xerneas. greninja is only used as a hazard setter, which is very rare. and mega luke is outclassed by other megas, and also rarely used.

Hey guys/gals. I'm brand new to these forums and have a question regarding a Mewtwo. Am I correct in assuming that this would be the place to ask?

Aquasition said:
Yes, this is the correct place to ask.

So then, what is your question?
I'm not as of now really a competitive player, but I raise Pokemon to be competitive. I'm planning a Mewtwo X. I was shooting for an Adamant or Jolly nature, but I just caught a neutral nature Mewtwo that has max ivs in Attack, Sp. Atk(I know Sp. Atk investment isn't really necessary for an X), Sp. Def, and Speed. I feel like that iv spread is too good to dump. What is the opinion there? Keep it for the ivs or dump it and keep trying for one of the right natures?

I'm not as of now really a competitive player, but I raise Pokemon to be competitive. I'm planning a Mewtwo X. I was shooting for an Adamant or Jolly nature, but I just caught a neutral nature Mewtwo that has max ivs in Attack, Sp. Atk(I know Sp. Atk investment isn't really necessary for an X), Sp. Def, and Speed. I feel like that iv spread is too good to dump. What is the opinion there? Keep it for the ivs or dump it and keep trying for one of the right natures?
I'd say that Nature is usually more of an affector than IVs, So I'd aim for Jolly/Naive if you decide to run Ice Beam for whatever reason. Also, if you're soft-resetting for Mewtwo in gen 6, know that all pokemon incapable of breeding(Mewtwo is in this category), and a few others, will always have 3 maximum IVs at minimum.

Reactions: MJL
I'd say that Nature is usually more of an affector than IVs, So I'd aim for Jolly/Naive if you decide to run Ice Beam for whatever reason. Also, if you're soft-resetting for Mewtwo in gen 6, know that all pokemon incapable of breeding(Mewtwo is in this category), and a few others, will always have 3 maximum IVs at minimum.
Yes, I am aware of the 3 ivs. I'm going for the common Attack and Speed build, that's why I'm a little torn about dumping it since it has those max ivs(plus the Sp.Def). I will probably keep going for Jolly after all. Thank you for the input and quick response. Much appreciated.

Is Primal Groudon going to be suspected in the future? Or has it been already?
ban primal groudon

I think the tier leaders/staff have said that they're not going to do any more suspect tests.

EDIT:
Nowhere.

And also there will be no more suspect tests.

From the Deo-A analysis:

"In terms of EVs, the recommended spread is 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe to make Deoxys-A able to outspeed everything up to and including Choice Scarf Xerneas with a neutral nature"

Which nature is this EV spread recommended for? Naive or Rash? If it's Naive, is Deo-A capable of outspeeding ScarfXern with a Rash nature?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Rarycaris
This would be the case for +Speed Deoxys-A (Hasty or Naive) since standard Choice Scarf Xerneas hits 280 Spe or 420 Spe with a Choice Scarf. Deoxys-A hits 399 with Rash which is slower, but hits 438 with Naive which is faster than it. It does not outspeed max Speed neutral nature Xerneas though, these hit 445 with a Choice Scarf.

On P-Don, is RP/SD/Precipice Blades/Fire Punch a viable moveset? Only thing off the top of my head that isn't 2HKOed by this is Ho-oh.
What would be a good speed benchmark to hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)