Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured I might as well throw out an old, underrated favourite that'll be a lot more effective with the recent changes. (RIP Steelix)

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off/Toxic

Betapf
Scyther + Rampardos Offense
upload_2015-3-3_20-18-51.png
upload_2015-3-3_20-19-1.png
upload_2015-3-3_20-19-34.png
upload_2015-3-3_20-19-52.png
upload_2015-3-3_20-22-25.png
upload_2015-3-3_20-22-41.png

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 116 SpA / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Haze
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Heavy Slam

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Rampardos is actually my favourite mon so when I saw this I had to make it work >.>. Anyways I tried to fit it on balance, but Rampardos doesn't have the typing or bulk to fit onto a balance team, so I decided to build offense. SD Lead Rampardos puts a shitton of offensive pressure on slower, bulkier teams right off the bat, while still being a reliable way to beat all the Crustle HO teams running around. SD scyther is really cool now that Steelix is gone and can use it's great bulk and speed to clean games easily. Cryo provides reliable hazard support, as well as being a great counter-lead to Seismitoad, which is one of the few leads Rampardos doesnt beat. Hariyama is a great pivot into Fire-Type attackers that plague the team, as well as a great way to wear down opposing physical walls for Scyther. SubToxic Seismitoad is something I threw on because the team needed a reliable way to beat bulky waters like prinplup, while still maintaining offensive pressure. Scarf Rotom is on like every team in this lab so far because it spinblocks and checks gatr pretty reliably.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
With all of the rises, Mawile is now an extremely powerful force, as it no longer has Mega Camerupt or Steelix to wall it. Therefore a team built around SD Mawile would be nice. It could either be Hyper Offence or Balance, as this set will not work out well on Stall.

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe [Not sure about optimal speed]
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Iron Head / Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch

Karane Metaphysical
Mawile + Fraxure Tailwind Offense
upload_2015-3-4_16-56-43.png
upload_2015-3-4_16-56-56.png
upload_2015-3-4_16-57-11.png
upload_2015-3-4_16-57-37.png
upload_2015-3-4_16-57-49.png
upload_2015-3-4_16-58-3.png

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Signal Beam

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Low Kick
- Dragon Dance

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Play Rough
- Earthquake

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

So when I started building this team, I realized that Mawile is actually a cool tailwind abuser so I decided to combine both of your ideas into one team. After testing with this team and trying to build I can safely say that tailwind isn't very viable in the current meta, however I think this team is about as viable as it gets. I decided to go with Swellow and Mantine as my Tailwind setters because Swellow is the fastest viable user of the move, and Mantine is actually a surprisingly reliable setter and abuser. Fraxure is one of the best Tailwind abusers in the tier, and is more viable than ever with steelix gone. I decided to go with eviolite over choice band so that I can use it's great typing to pivot into weaker attackers and threaten them out with tailwind up. I needed something that could switch into sawk as it completely demolished my teams during testing so I decided to take sort of a fairy spam approach with Granbull + Mawile. Not the most reliable team but easily one of the more fun teams i've ever tested, so if you're bored and looking for something fun to do, try it out.

Silver Aurum

Hello there
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I dont really know how to do this so I'm just gonna come right out and say it, SCREW GATR. But for real I was thinking that it would be nice if we could give another star some time to shine. My request is for Special LO Samurott built on balance or bulky offense (Doesn't matter much to me) I think despite Samurotts lacking speed it has extremely good coverage and can tear teams apart by just spamming Hydro pump.
It also has a respectable amount of bulk for something that can dish out the damage it does. I'm gonna request that Kiyo build the team >.> (Don't question my motives) Also Pairing Samurott with something Like Kanga or Zangoose (Normal Spam in general) is nice because it takes care of the things that would try to wall them. The normal spam part isn't a requirement just a suggestion.

I swear these tier shifts are giving you a hard time.

Now so this isn't a complete waste of space for the thread I'll request something!

Will'o + Memento Mismagius and a set up sweeper of goomys choice
(Poor goomy, I felt so bad for him being left out like that I'm letting him get this team)

So I've been running the will'o + memento missy set to complement like like of SD Zagnose and DDance Rhydon, and it works really well when you just need one boost to wreck a team. So thats what I want from the team. Apart from that no preference as for as HO/ Balanced/ BO

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Hi again.

Sub NastyPlot Chatot + Pivot Liepard with T-wave > Sucker.

SubPlot Chatot is really strong now that both Heliolisk, Mega-Lix are gone. It's dual STAB can hit both super powerfully, or be super annoying :) You can also try to tennis your way back into games with Subs on confusion hits. 50% of the time, Chatot is unbeatable.
Pivot Liepard is actually a fantastic partner for the SubPlot Chatot set specifically, as it's Priority Encore can buy Chatot free switches, potentially free set-ups, and with Thunder Wave > Sucker Punch, it can even help support Chatot late game!! :)

All in all, a powerful core that I've never been able to properly build around! I trust you gentlemen will do me true.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi again.

Sub NastyPlot Chatot + Pivot Liepard with T-wave > Sucker.

SubPlot Chatot is really strong now that both Heliolisk, Mega-Lix are gone. It's dual STAB can hit both super powerfully, or be super annoying :) You can also try to tennis your way back into games with Subs on confusion hits. 50% of the time, Chatot is unbeatable.
Pivot Liepard is actually a fantastic partner for the SubPlot Chatot set specifically, as it's Priority Encore can buy Chatot free switches, potentially free set-ups, and with Thunder Wave > Sucker Punch, it can even help support Chatot late game!! :)

All in all, a powerful core that I've never been able to properly build around! I trust you gentlemen will do me true.
No copy pasterino, por faverino :[

Alright seeing as my team lasted a solid half a day on ladder let's try this one more time. Looks like we're getting Camel back but losing out Virizion. Let's go and give Camel another chance. With all the knock off spam especially with mons like Sneasel and Hariyama I never found a Xatu team/build I fell in love with. Maybe we can throw him in the mix. QueenOfLuvdiscs if you want to try this again I'm all for it, but if not I want to give this one to my man The Goomy. Thanks Guys!

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright seeing as my team lasted a solid half a day on ladder let's try this one more time. Looks like we're getting Camel back but losing out Virizion. Let's go and give Camel another chance. With all the knock off spam especially with mons like Sneasel and Hariyama I never found a Xatu team/build I fell in love with. Maybe we can throw him in the mix. QueenOfLuvdiscs if you want to try this again I'm all for it, but if not I want to give this one to my man The Goomy. Thanks Guys!
Kiyo why would you ask for a build when you could just build it yourself seeing as you are one of the builders in the lab? :^)

blaziken1337
BirdSpam Offense
upload_2015-3-4_23-52-14.pngupload_2015-3-4_23-52-39.pngupload_2015-3-4_23-52-50.pngupload_2015-3-4_23-53-3.pngupload_2015-3-4_23-53-11.pngupload_2015-3-4_23-53-24.png
Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball
- Endeavor

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Aqua Tail

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Grass Knot

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

When I started to build around Dodrio, one of the first team ideas that came to mind was to run BirdSpam, and it ended up being a lot of fun and surprisingly solid in testing. I've paired Dodrio with Lead Endeavor Vivillon and 3 Attacks Roost Archeops, as they both do a great job of luring in traditional bird checks and weakening/ko'ing them so that Dodrio can sweep late game. With every BirdSpam team comes the need for reliable defog support, and in NU there's not a more reliable defogger than Prinplup. I've opted to run Grass Knot on Prinplup > Rocks as it gives me a reliable way of beating Feraligatr, as well as the fact that Piloswine carries Rocks. Piloswine can use it's great bulk and typing to switch into pretty much any electric type in the tier, provide rocks, and also provide a solid answer to sneasel which is a big threat to any team with 3 flying types. Rotom is the catch-all revenge killer and just a solid check to many threats in the meta right now like Gatr, Archeops, and Klinklang. Just be careful with Piloswine around opposing Scarf Rotom and you should be fine. If the opposing rotom isn't scarfed, or tricks away it's scarf it no longer becomes a threat.

Disjunction if you replace Vivillon with SD Jumpluff, the team still operates pretty much the same and it also meets your requirements n_n!

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
I'll do it

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
Kayo
v2
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Lilligant (F) @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Petal Dance
- Substitute
- Sleep Powder

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 88 SpA / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Gem
- Volt Switch

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 200 HP / 228 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Trick

The camel is back! Made a slightly different version of the team since Virizion is gone, but tried to keep some of the same traits as before. I felt like U-turn Xatu was more beneficial on this team as it gave the team some nice momentum when paired with Scarf Rotom. Sub Petal Dance Lilligant is also pretty fun to use and hits incredibly hard, but if you don't like that, change Substitute to HP Ice. Gurdurr kinda made the team come together; somewhat absorbing status + having priority, as well as adding a physical attacker to the team which is kinda lacked.

It can struggle with Gatr at times, but that shit is broken anyways, so w/e. Go out and have fun!

Kayo
v2
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Lilligant (F) @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Petal Dance
- Substitute
- Sleep Powder

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 88 SpA / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Gem
- Volt Switch

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 200 HP / 228 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Trick

The camel is back! Made a slightly different version of the team since Virizion is gone, but tried to keep some of the same traits as before. I felt like U-turn Xatu was more beneficial on this team as it gave the team some nice momentum when paired with Scarf Rotom. Sub Petal Dance Lilligant is also pretty fun to use and hits incredibly hard, but if you don't like that, change Substitute to HP Ice. Gurdurr kinda made the team come together; somewhat absorbing status + having priority, as well as adding a physical attacker to the team which is kinda lacked.

It can struggle with Gatr at times, but that shit is broken anyways, so w/e. Go out and have fun!
Oh lovely Queen, I'll be sure to test it out. I forgot to mention to not to worry about Gatr, that shit is leaving quick. Overall it looks real fun, thanks! :]

I was wandering if you could think of or make a team based around Defiant Purugly!
Maybe a volt-turn offence team? :]
anything you do will help and I thank you guys in advance!

The set I wanted to build around:

Silk Scarf
Defiant
Jolly/Adamant
252 attack/252 speed/4 def
-U-turn
-Taunt
-Return
-Knock Off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)