Programming Gen1to3 All-in-one Editor and Converter

Hmm... Not having a Windows computer I can't reproduce the error. Tried opening, doing New, editing and saving Fire Red saves on Mac, which all works.
All i can think is that, for example, you're loading the file from a read-only location?
When saving, you must overwrite an existing save, not try to save to a file which does not exist. In hindsight, maybe that's not clear? I'll code in support to copy the file over to a new location in the next update.
Ah... just tried it on Mac, yes that's the problem - choose an existing save file when saving a SAV, which should happen automatically if you click Yes to save changes after opening a .SAV

Or possibly your save file is actually the ROM, which won't work as that's not where game save is stored.

How do you sync games now in the newer version. I thought there was a way to convert all your pokemon at once, but in the newer program I cant seem to figure out how to do it. I dont want to convert all my pokemon individually. Could you explain how to do it, and also tell me what version you are using.

How do you sync games now in the newer version. I thought there was a way to convert all your pokemon at once, but in the newer program I cant seem to figure out how to do it. I dont want to convert all my pokemon individually. Could you explain how to do it, and also tell me what version you are using.
That feature is not implemented in new version.

new version=Tested, nicer interface.
old version=One or two extra features but buggier.

I was new to programming when I wrote the old version, should not be depended upon. Generally whenever using any editor it's wise to backup your game.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm using your windows version. In an emerald save, I cannot seem to change an Aron's ability from Sturdy to Rock Head. When I check 'second ability' and close the window, nothing changes. Opening the pokemon editor window again on the Aron shows that the 'second ability' box remains unchecked.

Hi. I'm using your windows version. In an emerald save, I cannot seem to change an Aron's ability from Sturdy to Rock Head. When I check 'second ability' and close the window, nothing changes. Opening the pokemon editor window again on the Aron shows that the 'second ability' box remains unchecked.
Well spotted! Bug fix will be released in next version. For now the ability flag is still preserved where previously set, but the checkbox won't do anything. Nothing to worry about unless you want to edit the value as in your case.
New features in the next update will include generation of a password and twitter integration so Pokemon can be traded through tweets. Android version in the works, will likely feature limited editing options (only heal, train, max, shiny) but full twitter support. Advanced users can use a desktop editor such as this one to fine tune IVs etc.

Well spotted! Bug fix will be released in next version. For now the ability flag is still preserved where previously set, but the checkbox won't do anything. Nothing to worry about unless you want to edit the value as in your case.
New features in the next update will include generation of a password and twitter integration so Pokemon can be traded through tweets. Android version in the works, will likely feature limited editing options (only heal, train, max, shiny) but full twitter support. Advanced users can use a desktop editor such as this one to fine tune IVs etc.
Awesome!

Another possible bug: Using the windows version and emerald, every time I open a save file, select pokemon like shroomish and mahukita have their level set to 35 but their experience remains the 'correct' experience for their proper level in the pokemon editor window. In fact, with those select pokemon, their level does not go below 35 when changing it by changing their experience. But it works as normal when giving them enough experience to go higher than 35. After saving and loading the game, the level of these pokemon is 35 initially, but boxing and unboxing them resets the levels to whatever it should be according to their experience.

Awesome!

Another possible bug: Using the windows version and emerald, every time I open a save file, select pokemon like shroomish and mahukita have their level set to 35 but their experience remains the 'correct' experience for their proper level in the pokemon editor window. In fact, with those select pokemon, their level does not go below 35 when changing it by changing their experience. But it works as normal when giving them enough experience to go higher than 35. After saving and loading the game, the level of these pokemon is 35 initially, but boxing and unboxing them resets the levels to whatever it should be according to their experience.
I think the experience formula is broken for one of the growth curves. In new version each formula and conversion is supported by unit tests. Patience...

Hello, I love the program but I have one problem.

Any pokemon I create in the editor, will not show up in the party tab the next time I open the program up. They will still appear in my ingame party, sometimes, but there's around a 50% chance that they will be deleted from my game.

Hello, I love the program but I have one problem.

Any pokemon I create in the editor, will not show up in the party tab the next time I open the program up. They will still appear in my ingame party, sometimes, but there's around a 50% chance that they will be deleted from my game.
You have clicked Save right, or Yes when prompted on exit? Like in Word or Notepad or whatever, the file isn't changed just by changing things in the editor without saving.

Major update version 3.4
  • Copy/paste supports encoding and decoding Pokemon and items as passwords for example:
    Code:
    4KfcBKpFdTvF08nBzL//AAAAAgK74Nns/wAAAI5MAACUAY0A0BITAP//AABDAVsBOgBXAAggEBAGAAD8/AAAAAAAAAAASK0gnvbvJwCACAA=
  • These passwords can be exchanged over message boards, Twitter, etc more easily than PKM files.
  • Passwords can be entered in the start-up menu text box or pasted into a loaded game's box or pokemon.
  • Android editor in production will identify these passwords in tweets to inject Pokemon into emulator saves.
  • Experience formula bug fix.

Download for Windows 32-bit
Download for Windows 64-bit
Download for Mac OS X
Download for Linux 32-bit
Download for Linux 64-bit

Last edited:
The program sounds really cool. But when I download it and try to open it, nothing ever happens. Am I missing some other files because I tried it on 3 different computers but it never opened.

The program sounds really cool. But when I download it and try to open it, nothing ever happens. Am I missing some other files because I tried it on 3 different computers but it never opened.
Is Java installed on your computer? Which link did you choose? I use a Mac so haven't been able to test the Windows builds as easily.
It's also possible something like a virus guard could be stopping it from running, hard to know without seeing it.

Hi there,

I've been looking all over for a .sav editor tool for 3rd Generation and I thought I finally found exactly what I was looking for. But I have a problem I would be grateful if you could resolve.
When I try to run the program, all it does is say the program requires Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0 (64-bit) and redirect me to Java.com. I've got the latest version (re-installed it to make sure it was), so I don't understand why I get this message and why your program does not work.
Do you have a solution? I would really like to try out your program.

Thanks in advance.
PS: I used the "Download for Windows 64-bit" mirror, if that could be the cause. I would not think so, as my computer has Windows and is 64-bit.

Attachments

Hi there,

I've been looking all over for a .sav editor tool for 3rd Generation and I thought I finally found exactly what I was looking for. But I have a problem I would be grateful if you could resolve.
When I try to run the program, all it does is say the program requires Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0 (64-bit) and redirect me to Java.com. I've got the latest version (re-installed it to make sure it was), so I don't understand why I get this message and why your program does not work.
Do you have a solution? I would really like to try out your program.

Thanks in advance.
PS: I used the "Download for Windows 64-bit" mirror, if that could be the cause. I would not think so, as my computer has Windows and is 64-bit.
Thanks Poki :)

On the Oracle page linked below select jre-7u75-windows-x64.exe

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

This will install 64-bit Java, different to the 32-bit Java you currently have on your 64-bit Windows.
Next release should run on 32-bit and 64-bit, without need to download the other Java.
Not being a Windows user, I didn't know they bundled the 32-bit Java in the 64-bit Windows OS! Blame Microsoft ^_^
Does that make sense, do you have it working now?

Thanks for letting me know about this, will help a lot of other users too.

Thank you for helping me out so fast!
I am not currently on my computer, but I will try what you mentioned later and if I do not have any problems, you will not hear from me again.
Thank you again.

Every time the program closes when i open any of my .pkm files.
The problem is the PKM files you are using are size 136.
Gen 3 PKM files are 80 or 100 bytes, and Gen 1 and 2 PKM files even smaller.
Where did you get these PKM files from, are they from a later game or editor for later generation?
Only Gen 3 PKM files generated by A-Save, Encycopedia Pokemonica and this editor are supported.

Version 4.2 will display an explicit message when given a file of incorrect size. It's not a bug however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)