ORAS OU First OU team

Hi guys!
I'd like to get some advices from you all about my first ORAS OU team.
This is a competitive team, or a wanna-be one, and I want you to know what you think about it.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

I found him very important because he set rocks and can make some interesting damages.
He resists as well to neutral moves due to his spread and he can switch into dangerous physical sweeper with Intimidate to neutralize them.
Earthquake is STAB main move to hit hard everything is not strong enough to, U-Turn is for scouting moves and to hold the momentum and Knock Off to OHKO Gengar and to take off item that could give me troubles.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Basically, he's the special version of Lando-T, but with the ability to burn opponent dangerous sweeper and not only. I gave him a little EVs in speed to outspeed some check and threat, so Rotom-W will be able to VoltSwitch into another Pokèmon.
Moreover, he forms a well-known defensive core with Landorus, as they cover each other their weakness.
Hydro Pump is for Heatran because I don't know why, but people like to switch with Heatran into my Rotom-W, and in general is a good move that can hit as well many pokèmon.
Obviously, VoltSwitch is to hold the momentum and to switch for a pokèmon who can have advantages of the situation.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Yeah, MMetagross. I hope he won't become Uber, because he's really important in my team.
He can outspeed a lot of check with the maximum boost in speed and hit them so hard that there are no many pokèmon who can't be 2HKOed.
His main weakness, which are Ground, Fire and Status Move, are absorbed by Landorus and Heatran.
Meteor Mash is to hit make serious damages to opponent pokemon and to try to get a 1.5x in Atk; Fighting and Poison foes like MegaLopunny, Gengar and MegaVenusaur.
Ice Punch can OHKO-2HKO Landorus (depends from his spread, even if a 0.67x in Atk due to Intimidate), who is very used and to easily OHKO ToxicOrb Gliscor.
Earthquake is for Fire Pokèmon who in general are supposed to be faster than MMetagross without is MAXboost in speed like Infernape.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Lava Plume
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Protect

He can switch into Will-o-Wisp, that is probably the best threat to Metagross and Landorus, and in general, into any Fire and Ground move (if he's still holding the Balloon).
He's at MAX SpD to take damage from Water move without being OHKO. Ancient Power is to frighten the more and more common Talonflame; Earth Power is for an Heatran who could switch in, thinking for a Fire move.
Protect is important to scout opponent's moves.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This Horse can easily counter that fucking Chess-Soldier Bisharp, even after a Sword Dance+Sucker Punch and OHKO him with Secret Sword.
I prefered to give him Life Orb than Choice Specs\Scarf to make more damage and not to be forced to switch in case my opponent did it before me.
I opted for HP grass to hit hard Rotom-W, even if Smogon suggest a Bug one for Celebi; Icy Wind is the only Ice move that can damage pokèmon and at the same time, it's really useful because pokèmon who normally are faster than Keldeo but can be 2HKO take a reduction in speed.

Scizor @ Shed Shell
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Scizor is my defogger. Even if it could be hard to believe, this Pokèmon does his work really well, taking physical damages like they were nothing. He has a move to recover HPs and I can hold the momentum with his U-Turn.
Bullet Punch is a priority move, so it could be used to revenge-kill pokèmon that are not in best condition ( not more than 30% of HP); moreover that's a Steel move, so Fairies will not enjoy.

I hope you liked the Team and I wait for interesting comment\advices.

Nice team, however I reccomend a few things: first, run HP Electric on Keldeo since Secret Sword hits for same damage due to STAB, and run a Choice Scarf since Scarf Lando hurts this this team and you lack a speed check or run the SubCM set. Run Stone Edge>Ancient Power to OHKO Zard-Y and+1 Volc.For M-Metagross run Agility > Ice Punch for another speed check, and also to outspeed Choice Scarf Heatran, as Meteor Mash takes a nice chunk out of the given pokes anyway and you have Rotom-W. AND ARE YOU STUPID RUN TECHNICIAN ON SCIZOR FOR BULLET PUNCH, ITS THE ONLY REASON ITS IN OU. thats all for now.

Thanks for the suggestions!
I'll change the moves you said. And obviously, Scizor's ability is technician.. I don't know why I wrote another one.

Your team is really weak to CM Lando-I. Just a small tip: play a lot more carefully around it, choice keldeo and Agiligross that has already Mega-Evolved are your best assets, use them wisely!

Yeah, I experimented by myself the lack of speed while playing some games!
But with Agiligross and scarf Keldeo, I basically had no problems in nothing about speed.
With some skill in predicting switches, this team can do incredible things now

Actually, this is a really well built team, but if M-Metagross goes to Uber, to replace it I have some suggestions:
(i) If only the mega stone is banned, use standard Agiligross, with Scizor as your Mega; its slower but it gets the job done.
(ii) If Metagross is banned, use Autotomize/Rock Polish M-Aggron. It is a loooooooooooooooot slowr but it has the bulk to setup multiple AM/RPs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)