Bleach Discussion Thread

with his broken shikai

broken shikai

shikai

only his damn broken SHIKAI, I don't know if I want to see his Bankai. c'mon Kubo surprise us with another asspull/deus ex machina, I dare you.
his sword disintegrated during his fight with ichigo. i doubt we are going to see it again barring some kind of retcon or science-magic.

chapter 617 is up and holy shit when was the last time we had such a succession of good chapters? there's a very good chance that aizen bit turns out to be lame but here is my theory on why it happened:

it's an illusion, somehow he can use his shikai powers without the actual sword. releasing the seal on his mouth might have given him enough wiggle room to use it or perhaps he could have done it since the beginning and waited for the best moment to fuck with kyouraku

another theory is that he had broken free before and for some reason bid his time

Remember, Bach had already paid Aizen a visit a while back during the initial invasion and apparently conversed with him, so the seals were likely undone by then, and Aizen managed to distort Bach's perception of time to where he had to retreat back to his zone or whatever since he had ran out of time. So he's likely been free to a degree by then, now why he still lingers there, who knows.

Also worth noting (depending on the translation) that Bach either didn't foresee Kamikake coming or missed it, so the "A" isn't omniscient it seems.

Last edited:
Fucking Aizen being fucking Aizen. Also damn I actually wouldn't mind taking some time off from the story to see Bach's full-scale backstory. The way he talked means he knows EXACTLY what's going on, but the previous chapter made it sound like Mimihagi-sama was a legend dating from even before the war 1,000 years ago...

new chapter is up and i am not sure i like where the aizen bit going. there's no explanation as to how aizen broke free. ichigo is about to clash with bach so we are up for another 2 or 3 months of a shitty fight.

edit: KimTheHuman editing your post does not bump the thread, just post again with some content.

Well, looks like it's time for Hollow powers to come out. Fun fun fun~

Though I'm wondering where the hell Haschwald and Uryu are during all of this. Probably going to attack the rest of the group leaving Ichigo alone, but there's also the question of when they're coming out of hiding and why they were there in the first place.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The fact that Uryu hasn't done anything in a while leaves me concerned. I feel like he might actually try to confront Ichigo 1 on 1, only to maybe...idk, trying to predict anything complicated is pointless now. Aizen being thrown back into the equation was somewhat predictable, but I have no clue what they intend to use him for.

Ugh, this is starting to get shitty again and it's annoying me.

So are they gonna use Aizen as a battery (due to his reiatsu) or what I wonder...unleashing him to fight would be dumb and sorta undermining Ichigo and Bach unless they want Bach to curb stomp another strong foe to show how much the power creep has gone up.

I'd like to assume Uryu and the other dude fell into a black hole, but it also doesn't explain what's going on with the 4 elite Sternritter after they apparently dealt with the rest of the 0 division. Though the inevitable fight between them and the incoming captains and Ichi friends is coming as well.

All right it was bs enough when Aizen pulled it, now it's just silly. At least Ichigo just told him to shut up instead of thinking it might actually be true haha

Also, is it just me or are these fight scenes becoming harder and harder to see what the hell is going on? How badly injured is Yoruichi? Was that Mimihaga-sama that Bach was holding in the second-to-last page? What the hell were those orbs? I don't even fucking know.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
All right it was bs enough when Aizen pulled it, now it's just silly. At least Ichigo just told him to shut up instead of thinking it might actually be true haha

Also, is it just me or are these fight scenes becoming harder and harder to see what the hell is going on? How badly injured is Yoruichi? Was that Mimihaga-sama that Bach was holding in the second-to-last page? What the hell were those orbs? I don't even fucking know.
Okay, I'm not the only one feeling this way now. Good. From an artistic standpoint, that was one of the worst chapters I've ever seen. I'm not even sure what was happening. I think Yhwach used some sort of Force-like power to twist her arm and throw her? Idek. Then there was one part where I just could not make out what I was looking at.

From a storytelling standpoint it just felt like a waste of time. Another one of those "All for naught" chapters. OH WELL.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok. time to clarify a few things in this chapter that some of you have noted above. keep in mind this is how i understood it, so my thoughts here may not be entirely correct.

the balls that yoruichi threw at yhwach were similar to, if not the same as, those dust balls ganju used against yumichika in the soul society arc. yhwach was not the person who warped yoruichi's arm and threw her out of the soul king's palace; that was pernida parnkgjas using its "the compulsory" that did all that.

regarding yhwach seemingly pulling another aizen-esque keikaku*, i don't think he was saying that he was literally pulling ichigo's strings, even though the translations from both mangastream and mangapanda (taken at face value) insinuate this. rather, what i think he was saying is that he never bothered to stop ichigo from becoming a shinigami (or, if the mangastream translation is to be taken at face value, allowed ichigo to become a shinigami), even though he could have done so, just so he (ichigo) could get strong enough to complete yhwach's goal of slaying the soul king for him. i thought of this conclusion after seeing how yhwach basically forced ichigo to kill the soul king by manipulating ichigo's blood a few chapters ago. of course, i may be wrong about this. it's kubo writing the story after all.

anyways, while most of this chapter didn't make too much sense, what i found interesting was yhwach's use of words rather than his own abilities to deal lasting psychological damage to ichigo. during the fight in this chapter, yhwach casually brought up ichigo's unwillingness to kill his enemies (this is actually a major plot point; see ichigo's fights against grimmjow and ulquiorra) and the fact that he was the agent primarily responsible for masaki's death at the hands of grand fisher just to throw ichigo off his focused mental state. yhwach's having uryū shoot arrows at ichigo in the soul king's palace was more than just a means of keeping ichigo and co. away from mimihagi and the soul king; it was another attack on ichigo's psyche that worked extremely well.

also, kubo, can we please get an update on the non-elite sternritter, grimmjow, nel, harribel, and the fullbringers?

*translator's note: keikaku means plan

Last edited:
man the plot isn't even progressing at this point, its just regressing. Everything thats happened in the past few weeks doesn't even matter because of this chapter. Ukitake sacrifices himself to become the right arm or w/e? Nah now that plan is fucked. Ichigo fighting Yhwach and then getting interrupted by Ishida? Nah fuck that heres these other sternritter to just push them off the building. Soul society stopped shaking? Well its shaking again. Not to mention this chapter was 17 pages and like I said none of it was progress. On the brightside this chapter came out at 11pm (pst) so I guess thats a nice surprise

i mean i guess they did SOMETHING. Uryu shot a couple arrows and some sternritter destroyed some buildings. Also, Uryu's great explanation for why he is fighting for Yhwach was also great this week

because i am a quincy.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
So uhhh...is Aizen helping now? I guess it makes sense in that he's now an "enemy of the Soul King" but damn.

Fuck Bleach, just fucking fuck it.

Ukitake dying in vain is absolutely fucking despicable. He was a character we were waiting to see do shit the ENTIRE SERIES and he always had that pleasant yet ominous mood, same with Unohana and it was because she was revered by everyone and she was considered to be one of the most experienced captains as well. Difference is Unohana actually DID show off her stuff (admittedly not well enough, but STILL) meanwhile Ukitake got SHIT. Fucking hell they did it with the Zero Squad too but at least THEY weren't around for almost the entire fucking series.

Oh and by the way, Aizen is still ridiculous. I guess even Kubo knows that they have to make Bach stupidly OP for Bach to out-trump Aizen in OP. THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO PULL THE AIZEN CARD DAMN IT Bach could've had a not stupid fucking power and not obliterate Ichibei so fucking easily and make him a reasonable villian but nope, this is Bleach guys. My fault for expecting Kubo to continue to make good chapters instead of making a few good chapters and having them become absolutely irrelevant by some stupid bs.

I hate this bullshit, Kubo doesn't know how to hold on to any of his good ideas and decides that whenever he has a good plot chapter that seemingly progresses the story he decides to fuck it all up and create power-creeping bullshit like this.

I've never sounded so pissed on this site before, and if I have it's been here. :P Seriously, this is just extremely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Honestly I'll take an asspull to get Ukitake back if we get to see him actually do something that isn't this because damn it when you bring in a primordial god just to be stomped in a millisecond why even bother

Well umm this last chapter just kinda made the entire first part of the series completely and utterly pointless.

If Aizen could just open up a path to the Soul King's palace with just his Kido and stuff, why did he ever bother with the Arrancar and creating an Oken and all that? Can we just get this shit going already >.>

EDIT: Also, what the hell is Mugen? Wiki says its a fighting game, and I'm not entirely sure you can make a chair out of that. Could just be a mistranslation, but is it supposed to have something with Mugetsu? Hella confused.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)