Media Metalheads Thread III

Not exactly sure how relevant this kind of thing is in the digital age, but I still found the idea cool none the less; for their 25th anniversary, Relapse Records has released a sampler of tracks from bands signed to their label across the years. The compilation features a hell of a lot of songs (184 to be precise) with a lot of great bands and probably some shitty ones too.

http://relapsesampler.bandcamp.com/album/relapse-records-25-years-of-contamination

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I found the time to listen to the whole show today and I found it stunning, keep it up!

Also idk if i lived in a cave so far but i have no clue how hangouts works

I found the time to listen to the whole show today and I found it stunning, keep it up!

Also idk if i lived in a cave so far but i have no clue how hangouts works
Awesome!

I hoghly recommend the show from 3/4 too, interview with Ethereal Shroud!

And yeah im new to them too, but they're pretty cool and we'll be using that sameroom from here on out.

My laptop's been dead so I haven't done much listening of anything but that setlist is amazing, Have You Beheld the Fevers is imo the best DSO track and Do Not Look Down was the best thing from Koloss. Speaking of which, Meshuggah 2016 hype. Oh yeah and I'm very excited to listen to Ethereal Shroud, I hear nothing but great things...

Dudes who have listened to new Leviathan (I know doomvm has) and especially the new Negura Bunget: what did you think?

My laptop's been dead so I haven't done much listening of anything but that setlist is amazing, Have You Beheld the Fevers is imo the best DSO track and Do Not Look Down was the best thing from Koloss. Speaking of which, Meshuggah 2016 hype. Oh yeah and I'm very excited to listen to Ethereal Shroud, I hear nothing but great things...

Dudes who have listened to new Leviathan (I know doomvm has) and especially the new Negura Bunget: what did you think?
you will not be disappointed with ES.

new Leviathan is neat. not AMAZING but definitely worth checking out.

haven't gotten to the new NB yet thanks for the reminder.

i guess most of the peeps here aren't into core stuff but I'm really liking new oceans ate alaska (isles). so much stuff going on each song, but it just fits together so perfectly. really agrees with my ADD lol.

also new VoM track out, it's a bit different than anything they have put out before but i really like it

Last edited:

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
i guess most of the peeps here aren't into core stuff but I'm really liking new oceans ate alaska (isles). so much stuff going on each song, but it just fits together so perfectly. really agrees with my ADD lol.

also new VoM track out, it's a bit different than anything they have put out before but i really like it
Yeah, good luck finding anyone who likes any of the -core subgenres here. I mean, I'm not a fan of most metalcore and just about nothing from the deathcore genre tickles my fancy, but I'll still defend those genres from criticism from metal purists. I honestly consider the bashing of the core genres to be a bit ridiculous.

Anyway - I just wanna talk about new Nightrage stuff.

Kiss of a Sycophant is a nice heavy track, and is pretty much everything you expect from Nightrage. It's still not quite up to the level of their songs with Jimmie Strimell on vocals, but it's still some good shit.

Desperate Vows is something a little different from Kiss of a Sycophant. Has some clean vocals, which makes me prefer this track because I like it when the songs I listen to at least have some cleans. Also, the acoustic outro is pretty neat.

Definitely getting me hyped for some new shit with Ronnie Nyman on vocals. Still, can't they learn how to keep a consistent lineup?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, good luck finding anyone who likes any of the -core subgenres here.
What?

I like some "core" music. Mathcore is usually pretty solid for me, some hardcore is good to me, and there are a few metalcore and deathcore bands I will listen to. And I like some grindcore. Music is music. You either like it or you don't, genres don't change that.

The first two Avenged Sevenfold albums are metalcore and I will defend them to the grave. Same with most Parkway Drive (whose first album has a lot of moments that remind me of Everflowing Stream-era Dismember). Everyone loves Converge, even if only Jane Doe!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)