Data ASB Feedback & Game Issues Thread - Mk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just found out (like literally a minute ago) that Sky Drop does not work on flying types. Nothing in the Data Audit for Sky Drop not the Flying STAB mention this.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I just found out (like literally a minute ago) that Sky Drop does not work on flying types. Nothing in the Data Audit for Sky Drop not the Flying STAB mention this.
Canis linked me this which confirms the above. The actual thing that happens is that the mon is lifted into the air but the attack will deal no damage. Fixing now.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHAT IS THIS??????????????????

Yeah, rather pertinent to our match. Unless they want to restart the whole thing though I think it's a bit late.

Mowtom

Perish Song.

In-game (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-215818259), if Perish Song is used on turn 1, things only die at the end of turn 4. However, I have been told by Rainman Legends that in ASB, if Perish Song is used in round 1, things die at the end of round 3. Apparently it has always been reffed this way (except in one gym battle that I reffed). Why is this discrepancy here, and can we please fix it?

Perish Song.

In-game (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-215818259), if Perish Song is used on turn 1, things only die at the end of turn 4. However, I have been told by Rainman Legends that in ASB, if Perish Song is used in round 1, things die at the end of round 3. Apparently it has always been reffed this way (except in one gym battle that I reffed). Why is this discrepancy here, and can we please fix it?
The Reason why i think we do it like this, is because its much harder to stall the 9A of 3 Rounds we have here then the 3A of 3 Rounds we have ingame. Even then Perish Song was put at -1 priority as a nerf already.

Mowtom

The Reason why i think we do it like this, is because its much harder to stall the 9A of 3 Rounds we have here then the 3A of 3 Rounds we have ingame. Even then Perish Song was put at -1 priority as a nerf already.
As it stands though, you only need to stall out 6 actions. Just use Perish Song on the last action of the round. Especially if you order second.

It's not easy to stall 6a if your opponent is prepared for it, since it's fairly easy to 3 or 4hko most pokemon, and you get to order second one round. Most pokemon get at least one of U-Turn, Volt Switch, or Taunt, and Fake Out is viable for stopping Perish Song as well (kind of). And even if you don't get any of those for stopping or negating perish song, combos are always an option ordering second. Yeah, it's a powerful option, but there are lots of those.

Frosty

=_=
BTW If you use Perish Song a3 you will still need to protect yourself a1 or a2. I mean, if I knew you were to use Perish Song, I would do my best to deal as much damage as possible before or after perish song. And if I didn't predict that then...it wouldn't make any difference?

So uh you will have to protect yourself for 8a. Perhaps less if you are ordering last, but this is an offensive game so people will attack your mon with or without perish song.

as for the actual core of the question, I have no formed opinion. Nor time to create a discussion thread, so some councilmember/mod do so if deemed worthy of discussion, k?

Hey, we need clarifications... again. What constitutes a Charge-Up move in ASB for the purposes of Power Herb?

Veekun said:
Held: Whenever the holder uses a move that requires a turn to charge first (Bounce, Dig, Dive, Fly, Razor Wind, Skull Bash, Sky Attack, or Solarbeam), this item is consumed and the charge is skipped. Skull Bash still provides a Defense boost.
Bulbapedia said:
Allows user to omit first turn of charge-up required moves. Consumed after use. It affects Solar Beam, Skull Bash, Sky Attack, Razor Wind, Fly, Dig, Dive, Bounce, Shadow Force, Freeze Shock, Ice Burn, Phantom Force and Geomancy.
Serebii said:
When this item is held by a Pokémon, if the holder uses Bounce, Dig, Dive, Fly, Razor Wind, Skull Bash, Sky Attack or Solarbeam, the turn where the Pokémon charges is skipped and the Pokémon immediately attacks. The Power Herb disappears after use.
NDA said:
Attacks that take time to charge are charged instantaneously, preventing them from being disrupted. All charge attacks will have 0 priority instead of -1 Use of a charging attack (Example: Solar Beam)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Should be self-evident, any move with a charge up turn. If any of the above lists omit a move that's their error so for our purposes presumably our generic statement is intended to compile those lists without leaving ourselves susceptible to error. Is there a particular move causing the questioning? Otherwise I can't see this as something that needs further clarification, seems pretty common sense to me. It further seems crystal clear that damaging evasive moves should also be classified as charge up moves.

edit: bulba looks most comprehensive

IMO we should define "charge-up move" as anything that has a time where it can be disrupted by multi-hit moves (except Focus Punch). I don't think Fly & co. should be affected by Power Herb, because that would remove the entire point of using Fly & co.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
RE Perish Song: "At the end of three (3) rounds, any Pokemon that hears Perish Song will faint." can be treated as if a Pokémon affected by Perish Song is alive at the end of the round, its perish counter drops. It could be made more explicit but a nerf is not really necessary. At the very best a simple clarification could be made if it needs it. Otherwise I would not bother fixing something that is not broken although it can be a bit of a pain in the Battle Hall where it is arguably at its most effective as an anti-player strategy.

RE Power Herb: What Texas said. Avnomke's concerns can simply be resolved by making Power Herb a command-based trigger with syntax: Attack (Herb). Who knows, maybe you want that Sky Attack to hit your faster, Phantom Force-abusing opponent.

What IAR said about Power Herb. When I said we should do that everyone ignored me :/

It also makes complete sense since gems can also be activated at will via sintax. Sure, this will make Power Herb more powerful and we might want to look at it, but I don't think it would be broken. We could also allow it to work with d/e moves if we go the syntax way.

Hola...

Issues : I am new here and I played a few games and liked this very much... So i thought few of my other Pokemon friends would like it too... So I suggested this to my other 7 friends... The first question they asked is what is the game ? I half dead at that point as to what to answer... Even though I answered saying that "In this place you can have all abilities activated at once and all moves known at once... Also you send 3 actions at once just like it happens in anime..." One friend said, that it's not like real Pokemon and rejected... One asked me whether is has animation... I said no and he left on the spot... I still had 5 with me and tried to convince them... First I tried to show them how an actual game worked by picking a random game from page one... One player said that he didn't understood anything so all repeated the same... I showed them another battle and the reply came same that they didn't understood anything... Then i showed them Beginner's guide and all replied tl;dr... So I explained them step by step by words... By the time I completed explaining, 4 were gone... I made the one remaining make his account on forums... Explaining him moves and stuff took me very long as he refused to read Beginners guide... Atlast, I told him just to select 5 moves from TMs/HMs, 5 moves from Eggs moves and Nature and had to write everything for him... Later when I told him to wait 24 hours to get approved, his action seemed like he will try to avoid this from now and I don't hope him to play any further...

Suggestion/Solution : The first thing is I need a basic battle which is only meant to be read so that it creates interest... It must have more photos so it catches eyes if new people... It must have simple mascot Pokemon like Pikachu and Charmander... There must a little detail on how a battle works after each turn rather than all together so players don't get bored reading it... The Calculations must also be friendly and a serious stuff based... And most Importantly, It must have a lot of flavor... Basically this along with Beginners Guide and Handbook must be attached to each other so players can get along... Once they got the game, they will be more interested in joining and playing this...

Did you try showing them the ASB Highlight Matches? Those tend to have a lot of images, flavor, good players, and so on... Here is the most recent one:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...014-waterwarrior-vs-texas-cloverleaf.3526457/

Making a newbie friendly match could be nice though. It's true asb isn't for everyone and can be hard to get into but at the same time more could be done to make it a bit easier to draw new people in.
No I want something for beginners... These have handmade mons too... This is for experts... Even I get bored half the way here... Also, this thing will be a one time made and can be used repeatedly...
We don't even need an exact true fight... We just need to show them how it's done... It can be made, locked and stickied by mods easily I suppose...

No I want something for beginners... These have handmade mons too... This is for experts... Even I get bored half the way here... Also, this thing will be a one time made and can be used repeatedly...
We don't even need an exact true fight... We just need to show them how it's done... It can be made, locked and stickied by mods easily I suppose...
Its a nice idea VirajVora, this is the best beginner battle I had. It has flavor, it has CAP mons' LCs which ASB is unique for and it has Mascot mon Charmander, Squirtle, and some do like Hydreigon from Gen 5. It has a great style of reffing and will probably give a jest of how things work differently in ASB.

Though it is not perfect, it could be used for the time being. Until we can find such a battle or make one for our potentially interested members.

Though tbh, a player who doesn't get interested with the idea of an Anime Style Battling which is different from regular competitive battling and doesn't read the beginner's guide just to know more. Would not stay around for long, even if they joined. That is how I feel though, I could be wrong. All the best with this man, and have fun!

Its a nice idea VirajVora, this is the best beginner battle I had. It has flavor, it has CAP mons' LCs which ASB is unique for and it has Mascot mon Charmander, Squirtle, and some do like Hydreigon from Gen 5. It has a great style of reffing and will probably give a jest of how things work differently in ASB.

Though it is not perfect, it could be used for the time being. Until we can find such a battle or make one for our potentially interested members.

Though tbh, a player who doesn't get interested with the idea of an Anime Style Battling which is different from regular competitive battling and doesn't read the beginner's guide just to know more. Would not stay around for long, even if they joined. That is how I feel though, I could be wrong. All the best with this man, and have fun!
It's fine... But there is like tons of bad things I see in it...
1) I was expecting some small 1v1 battle as this is Too long...
2) I wasn't expecting hand-made mons... (or whatever you call it ?)
3) I was expecting an intense and simple battle... This is simple, but one sided battle...
4) I was expecting flavor even past round 1...

I am not being rude or just showing out mistakes... I am just telling what a newbie would think as I myself is a newbie right now...

Also, few things I thought of now which could be added in... Adding in few moves which have its effect different than simulator added once per a round... Like Substitute, Disable, Sleep Talk, Double Team, Chills etc. Giving full form and short form of some new things... And at last where Pokemon A was winning, lost only because Pokemon B used a Combination move showing the effects and twist of Combination moves too...

It's fine... But there is like tons of bad things I see in it...
3) I was expecting an intense and simple battle... This is simple, but one sided battle...

I am not being rude or just showing out mistakes... I am just telling what a newbie would think as I myself is a newbie right now...

Also, few things I thought of now which could be added in... Adding in few moves which have its effect different than simulator added once per a round... Like Substitute, Disable, Sleep Talk, Double Team, Chills etc. Giving full form and short form of some new things... And at last where Pokemon A was winning, lost only because Pokemon B used a Combination move showing the effects and twist of Combination moves too...
Ah! Well the problem is, that you are expecting too many variables that are difficult to combine into one battle.
1v1 LC battles with flavor are extremely rare, and I didn't see any till now. Sorry about that.

Battles that don't have CAP mons is findable, but they don't fulfill your other requirements.

There are intense battles, but 1v1 LC? I don't think so. It is too difficult to do that, unless scripted. And scripted battles are meh!

This is available too, but again. They don't fulfill your other requirements.

I am sorry, that is all I have. You would have to make it yourself though, as I don't think such a battle exists. And I am not sure if anyone would be willing to make one for you. Though, if you request in the battle tower. Someone would definitely join it.

You are not going to get a battle with a ton of flavor, more images than an image hosting site, between skilled battlers using moves with special ASB effects that is short, simple, intense and the battlers do not use non-mascot pokemon and are not experts.

Psycho Boost is listed as having -- acc in the NDA, but IIRC it should be 90%. Is this intentional or just a typo?

IAR EDIT: Should be 90%, fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)