[SPL6] Smogon Doubles Replays Thread

Approved by Pwnemon and Mizuhime
Adapted from Steeljackal<3

Hello, welcome to the SPL Smogon Doubles Replays / Discussion Thread.
This thread is a place to discuss Doubles in SPL and Smogon Doubles replays from the time week one goes up all throughout the season. In addition to that, I will regularly add win/loss ratios for each players as soon as games are played.
To watch a replay, you have to click on the matchup. (i.e. to watch Laga's week 1 game you would click "Laga vs Biosci")
Let the games begin!

W
eek 1

Laga vs. Biosci
TheFourthChaser vs. Mizuhime
Braverius vs. Lohgock
Arcticblast vs. kingofmars
SnakesOnAPlane vs. Synre

W
eek 2

Synre vs. Braverius
Mizuhime vs. Arcticblast
Laga vs. TheFourthChaser
Lohgock vs. soul_survivor
Biosci vs. kingofmars

W
eek 3

Lohgock vs. Mizuhime
kingofmars vs. Zubat
Laga vs. Braverius
SnakesOnAPlane vs. Biosci
TheFourthChaser vs. Sekiam

W
eek 4

Mizuhime vs. Lunar.
kingofmars vs. soul_survivor
Lohgock vs. TheFourthChaser
Braverius vs. idiotfrommars
Zubat vs. Laga

W
eek 5

TheFourthChaser vs. Zubat
Lohgock vs. Laga
SnakesOnAPlane vs. Braverius
finally vs. Biosci
Mizuhime vs. kingofmars

W
eek 6

finally vs. Laga
kingofmars vs. Braverius
Biosci vs. TheFourthChaser
Zubat vs. Lohgock
soul_survivor vs. Mizuhime

Week 7

Braverius vs. TheFourthChaser
Zubat vs. Biosci
BLINGAS vs. Mizuhime
finally vs. SnakesOnAPlane
kingofmars vs. Lohgock

Week 8

Biosci vs. Lohgock
Zubat vs. finally
soul_survivor vs. TheFourthChaser
Vinc2612 vs. Braverius
Laga vs. kingofmars

Week 9

Laga vs. soul_survivor
Biosci vs. Braverius
Zubat vs. Mizuhime
kingofmars vs. TheFourthChaser [Dead Game]

Lohgock vs. finally

Semi-Finals
Laga vs. Braverius
finally vs. TheFourthChaser

Finals

finally vs. Braverius

Code:
Arcticblast (0-2) [0%]
Biosci (4-4) [50%]
BLINGAS (1-0) [100%]
Braverius (6-5) [54,55%]
finally (5-2) [71,42%]
idiotfrommars (1-0) [100%]
kingofmars (3-5) [37,5%]
Laga (6-3) [66,67%]
Lohgock (5-4) [55,56%]
Lunar. (1-0) [100%]
Mizuhime (5-3) [62,5%]
Sekiam (0-1) [0%]
SnakesOnAPlane (1-3) [25%]
soul_survivor (2-3) [40%]
Synre (0-2) [0%]
TheFourthChaser (2-7) [22,23%]
Vinc2612 (1-0) [100%]
Zubat (4-3) [57,14%]

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
hey you dinguses let's get some discussion going

I actually thought that it was interesting how few Lando-Ts showed up. I'm not entirely convinced this is due to the influx of VGC players, since Lando-T is a formidable threat in their format as well, so it seems to me that people would forgo using Intimidate in such a physical metagame (only Zach / Arcticblast's teams had Intimidate of any sort on them). Initially it occurred to me that something like what happened to Kangaskhan in VGC '14 is happening here, albeit rather delayed, as popular Pokemon begin to fade toward the end of the season. However, I didn't really notice that many hard counters for Landorus-T on most of the teams to account for this (Gyarados x 1, Rotom-W x 1, Ferrothorn x 1, Rain team x 2). Thoughts?

YES I KNOW THIS IS A DUMB TOPIC LET'S JUST SAY SOMETHING

Well the rain team that TFC used has both Landorus-T and Rain to deal with Landorus-T, and uses Landorus-T to help check stuff like Mega Kangaskhan and Talonflame... I think the main draft to Lando-I is the additional speed and special attacking power, it also one shots Landorus-T with Hidden Power [Ice], it seems more like an anti-meta thing (to beat Landorus-T) rather than a change in the metagame.

Last edited:
Hello!
Appearently there is not too much discussion right here, so this thread will be mainly reserved for replays, player scores and win/loss ratios. Additionnaly, this thread is sticked so that it can be found easily!
I am also planning to do some usage statistics for every week, then for the whole tournament after it ends.
Smogon Doubles Main Midseason Events :
- The Alpha Ruiners sold back user Sekiam for lack of activity.
- The Alpha Ruiners purchased user finally , Congratulations!
- The Stark Sharks purchased user Laurel , Congratulations!
- The Indie Scooters traded user Vinc2612 to The Team Raiders.
This list will be updated as soon as new events happen.

Last edited:
One thing that has really surprised me is the number of Charizards. I was thinking that there would be absolutely no chars in SPL this year because everyone has a mega diancie fetish. Just from week 4, 4 of the 10 teams had charizard as their mega.

I hope this isnt considered spamming vids (2 of em on the first page lol) but here's a commentary over Lohgock vs KOM that I did with Laga and I think we did a pretty good job. Also its not like this thread had anything else goin on...

Apologies for Laga's volume before the battle starts, I fix before turn 1 dont worry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)