ORAS OU Hyper Offense Team with a Lot of Choice Stuck at 1450-1500

149dragonite1600x1200.jpg

Hi Smogon, I need your help with my Hyper Offense team stuck at 1450-1500

Teambuilding Process (I don't know how to do spoilers so yeah):
428.png
dragonite.png

I started the team with Mega Lopunny, a pokemon I have been interested since release of ORAS and Dragonite cause he is both a beast and kind of my personal favorite pokemon. These two form very good physical offensive synergy.
485.gif

I then added heatran as with the BunnyNite core I needed a physical sweeper as well as a resistance to Fairy and Ice as well as a bird counter.
212.gif
243.png

On all my teams I have a voltturn core as it helps me keep momentum and always hold the offensive, additionally, I love priority so the stab technician bullet punch is always appealing.
647.png

I needed water type badly and I always like having dual fighting types so Keldeo was the obvious choice.

In Depth:
dragonite_practice_by_fer_gon-d59zjfy.jpg
Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Like I said, Dragonite was my favorite pokemon and the first half of my BunnyNite core. I have always preferred the band set as it allows for a hard hitting extreme speed as well as just general wall breaking potential. Outrage was the obvious choice for my dragon stab as it really does hit everything that doesn't resist with incredible power (and I just have to be careful when the other team has a fairy). Fire punch is to hit Ferrothorn and other steel types as well as adding overall coverage. Earthquake was also aimed towards hitting steel types and basically its never a bad attack to have on a mon. Lastly, and my personal favorite, extreme speed. This move is incredible, there is no other way to say that. I have won games just by spamming extreme speed late game as the +2 priority is just insane. As for the evs, they are pretty standard. I originally had a bulky set (252 hp 252 atk) but I felt myself missing a lot of speed wins and decided to go for a faster version. Ability is pretty self explanatory, multiscale is god like and gives Dragonite incredible bulk. He is best used late game after everything has been weakened when he can just extreme speed teams to death.

mega_lopunny_by_eldrige-d837lrq.jpg

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Ice Punch

To fill out my BunnyNite core we have Mega Lopunny. This thing is an absolute monster with unresisted stabs and good bulk. The evs are self explanatory (they all will be) and the ability Limber prevents a thunder wave before I mega evolve. As for the moves, fake out is necessary to get the speed and attack boosts for mega lopunny to thrive. High Jump Kick was my stab fighting move of choice and it really hits things hard and gets rid of pesky mega sableyes. Frustration is the stab normal type and is great for finishing off mons that have already been damaged. Also Frustration>Return cause of ditto. Ice Punch hits dragons and flying types for super effective damage (although I don't use it too often cause 2x super effective ice punch = 150 BP and stab Frustration = 153 BP) so it's main use is Lando, Gliscor and Garchomp. Lopunny is best used early game to poke holes in the opposing team and make way for my speedy hard hitting sweepers (Extreme Speed Dragonite) to finish the game. I also sometimes lead Lopunny to counter some common leads and scout item on Lando-T (scarf vs leftovers).

heatran_by_theblacksavior-d639fyh.jpg

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power/Ancient Power

Yeah I kind of hate it too. It is so frustrating yet good at the same time and fits so well with the team I didn't really have a good alternative. Air Balloon to allow safe switchins/force a 2HKO usually and Flash Fire obviously combines well with Scizor and boosts Fire Blast (also I have no other option). For moves, Stealth Rock because it is mandatory on every competitive team. Fire Blast, because I really wanted the extra power from lava plume. Flash Cannon for stab and fairys, and occasionally hitting a rock type with some power. For the last slot, earth power is what I usually use and helps with opposing Heatran and others, however, ancient power is helpful for Talonflame and Charizard Y so either can be used (like I said I prefer Earth Power). The EVs were just taken from Smogon and they let it outspeed Adamant Bisharp and hit as hard as possible with a little bulk. Hetran is great for wall breaking/bulky attacker breaking. He is ideally used early game to set the rocks and maybe pick up a KO.

lord_of_the_thunder_raikou_by_namh-d3dx7z8.jpg

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory/Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Raikou is amazing and I often find myself saying that he is the team MVP but he is just so good. The combination of speed and power offered by his Specs set is incredible and combine that with momentum saving volt switch and you have a beast. The EVs (as per usual) are standard and the moveset is also standard. Thunderbolt for a strong stab (and I mean strong strong). Extrasensory is what I use and it kills fighting types and more importantly Mega Veunsaur. Shadow ball can be used alternatively for Gengar (who is OHKOd by tbolt) or more importantly the lati twins (it usually does about 3/4 of their health). Hidden Power Ice for Dragons, lando and gliscor and ground types, it also forms a pseudo BoltBeam coverage. And lastly Volt Switch to maintain momentum and also it OHKO's max def slowbro... just saying. The item of Choice are the specs as they allow Raikou to hit like a truck and have incredible wall breaking potential. I have found myself falling in love with Raikou so much that I will definitely use him on teams to come. Raikou can be brought in mid game to use volt switch to get chip damage and late game to use his speed to just blast his way through teams.

Pokemon___Nocturne_Scizor_by_Musetrigger.jpg

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower/Brick Break
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Are you starting to see all the choice items? Scizor is the second half of my voltturn core with Raikou. Being honest here, other than the occasional revenge kill and dealing with Mega Gardevoir he is kind of expendable and definitely the weakest member of my team. Again, the EVs are standard (I think) and they are designed to just let him hit as hard as possible. For the moves, Bullet Punch is incredibly reliable stab and usually the only move I use. Superpower is for ferro/Hetran and is great for catching switches (although U-Turn is generally a better option). Superpower can be replaced with Brick Break to remove screens and not lower attack however the power drop is definitely noticeable and I would just stick with Superpower. Knock Off is almost necessary on any team and deals with Gengar well as well as the lati twins. U-Turn is to keep momentum. Scizor is another late game cleaner and he does a great job of it. Honestly I would be fine with finding a replacement but none have really come to mind.

keldeo_the_fourth_musketeer_by_xous54-d3gftyt.png

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]/Icy Wind

Keldeo was originally added because I needed a water type but this thing has turned out to be a beast. I was originally using this set with Icy Wind but Barge in his RMT Master-Gross and his Crew enlightened me to the benefits of using HP Bug to catch Celebi switch ins and it has been great. Scarf Keldeo also is fast as hell and can revenge kill so many fast threats. As for moves Keldeo has a tiny movepool. Hydro Pump is used to OHKO things scald can't (basically gengar). Scald is used for the burn chance and accurate water stab. Secret Sword is a great fighting type stab that hits for defense as opposed to Special Defense (aka mauls chansey and blissey). For the last slot, HP Bug is purely for celebi, there is no other reason that is it. Keldeo is best used as a revenge killer as it outspeeds EVERYTHING. The combination of speed and power is insane and I always get 1-2 KOs with this per game.

Threat List:
428.png
Mega Lopunny is a HUGE threat if I lose Keldeo/Multiscale on Dragonite. Plus I never win speed ties idk why but that just makes this way worse.
003M.png
Mega Venusaur destroys my team without Raikou. I will almost guaranteed have to sac a mon if this thing gets in because I have no means of killing it, it is just a problem.
upload_2015-3-6_0-21-24.png
upload_2015-3-6_0-21-6.png
This combination is a problem for me. Rain in general is a problem for me and I almost always need to sac a mon to deal with Mega Swampert.

Importable:
Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Ice Punch

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Attachments

Last edited:
I like that team, its different, you can also easily solve the venusaur problem by using leftovers on heatran, you can also sac flash cannon for taunt, taunt usually works better in this current meta game. I know this leaves you weaker VS ground type moves, but lets be honest here, you mostly have to let heatran take a hit anyway, breaking its balloon. Taunt also helps VS pokemon like clefable, chansey and a few other defensive pokemon.

And as off as this might sound, try using 216 speed on scizor, your team is pretty weak to rotom, maybe this will help, this also lets you outspeed venusaur, which helps.

Again, these are just options. you can use them or not, hope youll enjoy the team.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
I like the team, but having too many choice items allows your opponent to take advantage of you being locked into 1 move. They could set up entry hazards, dragon dance, substitute, anything. For Dragonite, you could run a similar set with Lum Berry > Choice Band and Dragon Dance > Outrage. You might lose stab, but you can still have great coverage with the other 3 moves. Dragon Dance turns dragonite into a dangerous sweeper and a lum berry guarentees you can take a status condition while setting up. You could also potentially run Assault Vest or Life Orb on Keldeo, Scizor or Raikou if you wanted to, that way you can still hit hard and not be locked into 1 move, but its up to you. Great team, hope this helps.

I like that team, its different, you can also easily solve the venusaur problem by using leftovers on heatran, you can also sac flash cannon for taunt, taunt usually works better in this current meta game. I know this leaves you weaker VS ground type moves, but lets be honest here, you mostly have to let heatran take a hit anyway, breaking its balloon. Taunt also helps VS pokemon like clefable, chansey and a few other defensive pokemon.

And as off as this might sound, try using 216 speed on scizor, your team is pretty weak to rotom, maybe this will help, this also lets you outspeed venusaur, which helps.

Again, these are just options. you can use them or not, hope youll enjoy the team.
I will definitely try these things and it is true that the balloon hasn't done much for me. I will definitely add taunt and take away flash cannon like you said (basically just doing what you say for heatran). As for scizor, I actually haven't had any rotom problems and I really need the bulk to switch into gengar so I might hold off on that one. Despite this thank you so much for your suggestions I really appreciate you taking the time to do this!

I like the team, but having too many choice items allows your opponent to take advantage of you being locked into 1 move. They could set up entry hazards, dragon dance, substitute, anything. For Dragonite, you could run a similar set with Lum Berry > Choice Band and Dragon Dance > Outrage. You might lose stab, but you can still have great coverage with the other 3 moves. Dragon Dance turns dragonite into a dangerous sweeper and a lum berry guarentees you can take a status condition while setting up. You could also potentially run Assault Vest or Life Orb on Keldeo, Scizor or Raikou if you wanted to, that way you can still hit hard and not be locked into 1 move, but its up to you. Great team, hope this helps.
I know, I have never made a team with more than two until this one haha. It just kind of happened, like while making the team I knew that I wanted band Dnite and then it was like ok specs raikou and band scizor are great! And scarf keldeo too! The funny thing is I haven't ever run into a problem with it and the attack boost (or in keldeo's case) speed is almost necessary. I have tried assault vest on Keldeo and Raikou but they always end up not filling their role as well. I do really thank you for your suggestions and I will definitely try them out again (I'll probably throw a life orb on scizor/might just switch him for someone else) and thanks so much for taking the time to view my team.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
I know, I have never made a team with more than two until this one haha. It just kind of happened, like while making the team I knew that I wanted band Dnite and then it was like ok specs raikou and band scizor are great! And scarf keldeo too! The funny thing is I haven't ever run into a problem with it and the attack boost (or in keldeo's case) speed is almost necessary. I have tried assault vest on Keldeo and Raikou but they always end up not filling their role as well. I do really thank you for your suggestions and I will definitely try them out again (I'll probably throw a life orb on scizor/might just switch him for someone else) and thanks so much for taking the time to view my team.
Scarf Keldeo is really handy and I use it a lot too. Scizor choice band is already good because you hit hard, and mega Scizor is better if you want to set up. Raikou you could run life orb or choice specs, his speed is great because he outspeeds and ties with basically everything that isn't mega evolved. I still wanna say if you have a choice band user, it should be scizor over dragonite because with dragonite, multiscale isn't really being used as effectively as it could. I'm trying to say that you have the ability, but your set doesn't really take advantage of it too much. Setting up with Dragon dance would because you can take a hit while setting up.

Scarf Keldeo is really handy and I use it a lot too. Scizor choice band is already good because you hit hard, and mega Scizor is better if you want to set up. Raikou you could run life orb or choice specs, his speed is great because he outspeeds and ties with basically everything that isn't mega evolved. I still wanna say if you have a choice band user, it should be scizor over dragonite because with dragonite, multiscale isn't really being used as effectively as it could. I'm trying to say that you have the ability, but your set doesn't really take advantage of it too much. Setting up with Dragon dance would because you can take a hit while setting up.
Ok, I have been messing with weakness policy dragonite and I am definitely using it, Raikou - Keldeo - Scizor are three great "choice" users who can clean late game making dragonite unnecessary. Thank you so much for the suggestions!

TPP

Head TD
Ok, I have been messing with weakness policy dragonite and I am definitely using it, Raikou - Keldeo - Scizor are three great "choice" users who can clean late game making dragonite unnecessary. Thank you so much for the suggestions!
Weakness policy is a great item for dragonite and I'm glad you like it. No one would expect 3 choice items on one team, so you can always surprise them in a good way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)