Other Pokemon: Smogon OU Version 2 (Route Nine (After Ice Mountain))

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this and looks awesome im looking forward to contribute but first I have to read most of it (im very lazy to read all this ;_;)

But first a simple question, I understand the rules about event pokemons but what about event moves like fore example sludge wave gengar, wild gengars will be able to learn it with a TM or leveling up for example or we might create an ingame event to capture them?
We generally handle event moves by having people trade the mons in question to the trainer. This also goes for past gen tutor moves like Softboiled Clefable or Defog Gliscor.

I just saw this and looks awesome im looking forward to contribute but first I have to read most of it (im very lazy to read all this ;_;)

But first a simple question, I understand the rules about event pokemons but what about event moves like fore example sludge wave gengar, wild gengars will be able to learn it with a TM or leveling up for example or we might create an ingame event to capture them?
Hey and welcome to the project! As Web explained, there is gonna be tutors for those said moves and due to the support, we are gonna be putting some mass tutors here at the institute proposed (event move tutors, etc.).

So the idea seems liked bh most, do we want to try getting some discussion going on the layout/design of it?

Last edited:
Hmmm...

SInce this is a school, you think that this could be a place that explains some of the more complex bans? We really can't show endless battle clause through example, after all.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hmmm...

SInce this is a school, you think that this could be a place that explains some of the more complex bans? We really can't show endless battle clause through example, after all.
We could, but it'd be like the Hotel California; you can check out but you can never leave. :P

We could include some replays of famous SPL games (do those exist lol) as part of the "curriculum".

I think I'll get this guy set real quick (kax's idea is nice and i like alot).

NPC Proposal

Event and Gen exclusive tutors

Residing in a small, but cramped and filled classroom is a man of energetic energy with an active tesla coil on his desk.

Opening: "Why hello there! Your probably wondering what on earth my titoe of Dr Event Move-ian means. Sadly i must say it is quite literal with my parents plotting out my life more than i did. I basically am the guy who can teach moves to some mons under certain conditions."

"Yah thats the part that people always hate. My field requires a bit of time travel mechanics, so if a mon learned something in a prior gen, i cant give it to mons who would have conflicting moves. Scenarios of Kangaskhan with Wish via event and others are examples of this. Some may really wish id break the temporal rules to give something what people want instead of having technicalities over-ride their idea, but to them i say but kiss!"

"Now that we are understood a bit, want a mon to be tutored?"

Now im gonna have to put event database in there somewhere...gonna be bit til this is all done

Last edited:
just because ice typing is so undesirable but ice moves are really powerful, i heard greninja getting called the best ice type in ou which is amusing because it isnt even ice type. nvm :p

What other tutors do yall wish to have put into here as well? We have a group working on one via PM before presenting it and so far we have the past gen/event move tutor. There is the normal tutors that we need to add too (and if someone would like to present that, that would be good) but what else would you guys like to add tutor wise to the building?

Idk if this is what the group is working on, but some legends such as Keldeo are taught certain moves by NPC's and it will be important to include these.

Idk if this is what the group is working on, but some legends such as Keldeo are taught certain moves by NPC's and it will be important to include these.
Oh that might actually be something to do. Thanks for re,embering that one

may I join in on the conversation?
If you want to just ask web i guess but im not in the convo as its just something he and kax are working on atm to my knowledge based round the guy showing replays or so.

may I join in on the conversation?
Which canversation are you referring to? Myself, Karx, and SparksBlade are working on an NPC who shows off some replays, and I think there's another convo on what tutors need to be included (dunno whose involved in that).

Which canversation are you referring to? Myself, Karx, and SparksBlade are working on an NPC who shows off some replays, and I think there's another convo on what tutors need to be included (dunno whose involved in that).
Thats just some discussion here in the thread.

Hello everyone. I've been watching this thread for a bit, and I'm just going to say my two cents. (No full-on proposals yet though, just ideas.)

First off, I'm really feeling like we may want to have an appearance of one of the rivals here, because I'm pretty sure we haven't seen either of them at all ever since the dark gym, and it would be a nice break from the Luck-Sack plot.

Secondly, I think we may want to have a sort of PWT style thing here. It would allow players to get a chance to stop and evaluate their team some more, along with getting to test teams and movesets.

More posts will be on the way.

EDIT: Here is my full proposal on the town.

Town Proposal: Rateem Town (Based off of "Rate Team," as in the RMT forum.)

After passing through the whole cave and mountain, you find yourself in a quaint town, with average houses. However, everyone is missing! If you continue into the middle of the town, AshRival (That's what I'll refer to the secondary rival) Shows up, and says something along the lines of, "Oh, (name), I'm suprised to see you here! This is Rateem Town, and it's AMAAAAZZING! The people here have really helped me become stronger! What?! You haven't seen anyone? You must have not been to the T.I.T.L.E yet! C'Mon, I'll show you!" AshRival then takes you further down the town, and then across a bridge, leading to a large pavillion, with people surrounding it, along with stalls to either side, with two buildings closest to the center. A pokemon battle is going on there, with (insert important trainer here) and the other rival (now refered to as OtherRival). AshRival says to you "This is the Tournament Institute of Training Losing Battlers, or TITLE, for short. Why not TITLB? Because that isn't a good name for this place! Here, you can home your skills and become a better trainer! You can also see amazing matches too, like this one." Then, a voice announces, "Aaaaand the winner is....(Insert OtherRival's name here)!!!" Cheering then comes up from the crowd. Then, AshRival drags you up there, and dialouge commences between both of your rivals, mainly being OtherRival insulting AshRival. Afterwords, AshRival says, "That (OtherRival's name) is so mean! Anyways, I suppose I should show you around now." He then takes you to the building on the left. "This is the tutor guild! The people here will teach your pokemon special moves they can't learn anywhere else!" He then takes you to a stall in the middle of the two buildings. "This is the registration centre! Here, you can sign up for tournaments!" Then, he takes you to the right building. "This is the TITLE branch Day-Care Centre! You probably already know about it, so I won't explain. Oh, also, the people on the stalls by the edges can make your pokemon delete and remember moves, so be site to check them out some time!" AshRival then takes you to the center of the Pavillion. "Hey, it's been a while since we last battled, hasn't it? Well, why don't we have on right now? My friends and I won't lose!"

Cue battle vs. AshRival (also, I really think we should change this rival's name to Ashe Ketchup)

<spoiler>
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Cross Poison

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Double-Edge

Last Pokemon: C'mon guys, we can do it!
Loss: Aww, we lost...
Win: Woo hoo! We did it!
Post Battle: Whew! That was fun! I may have lost, but that was an thrilling battle! Good Game!

As you can see, the team, while at least a little bit competitive, isn't well synergized, and it lacks any spinners or defoggers, which, as Ashe has 3 rock-weak pokemon, isn't good. It also has some other flaws, but still, it's a sort of solid team. Also, yes, I know staraptor is BL, but it's better than giving him a uu pokemon or only 5 pokemon. Can someone also tell me how to use spoiler tags on this site? Lol.
</spoiler>

After losing, AshRival will give you the tm for scald (It's a fairly good water type move, and I don't think anyone has handed it out yet.) and leave.

So, what do you guys think?

Also, Creator of Chaos I'm going to tag you here (If I got it right -__-) because I haven't seen you posting here lately.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry about my lack of posts guys. I've been out camping trying to get away from the mess that is home right now (THings are stressful and dads about to get back from the rigs essentially turning my life into a cualdron). I'm surprised this hasn't gone onto the next route but anyhow I love the concept for the Town and the whole smog smog institute. Just brilliant tho I think it should be more then just a place for Tutors. This is the smog smog institute after all so I'm gonna flesh it out by adding 2 rooms.

1st will be a debate room (Mostly for Fluff lol) where people debate and make submissions to the elite 4 (OU council) on the viability of pokemon. It is this room where many repuations are made and broken. Debate is extremely heated to the point many are poke-battling over facts and details and finally 1 of my costume hunt trainers will be here. I may even do a cameo of Webrowser and salamance battling it out here but I'm undecided on that.

2nd and more important will be the historical battle room detailing in brief the History of the OU metagame (I.E each gens dominent archtypes and contreversies) as well as a battle simulater that lets you face great teams of the past once per day.

I'll flesh these out later as its late right now and Im tired. Got to wake up in 6 hours for a 10 hour workshift but I'm still alive contrary to popular beleif

I guess its time to post my rooms up.

Inside the Institute As you walk into the SMOG SMOG Institute Your are immeaditly overwelmed by the scale of building which dominate's an otherwise small Quaint town (Im imagining 2 stories but the building is somewhat long). You Enter the Building for the first time and at the front are the move Tutors and an NPC whom will give you a quick Tour of the bottom floor of the building (Top Floor is off limits Until the TLS mountain attack later in the game). You can ask this NPC at any time for a Tour.

Once inside the Institute There are 4 main rooms and a pair of stairs 1 which leads upstair's a place few people have access to and is riddled in rumour. Another leads down into a basement which I have yet to dein a purpose for at this time. the first is a PWT room Where you can rebattle gym leaders, Costume hunt trainers and later the Elite 4 but its not accessable at this time and is in devlopment. The 2nd Room is a massive Lecture and Speech Hall known as the debate room and Takes up much of the Institutes space. It is here That the fate of many pokemon are decided and whos viable and who is not. The 4th room is a small room covered in painting and video screens as well as a few book shelves and an Old man. This is the Institutes historical Room and where one can learn about past metagames

Debate Room:
As you would expect this is very similar to our very own viability ranking thread except made incarnate. Its a grand room that can hold up to 300 people but is dominated by about 20 or 30. So expect rants, Grand speechs and plently of trolls. Overall its a fairly chaotic Room but you can gleam some gems from amongst the chaos. Namely on the board you can view the current viability ranking's as well as current suspects. There Items to be gained, things to learn and Even a costume hunt trainers. As you walk around you'll also get random converstaions that have debate happening

Items to found
TM Hidden Power (If it has not been done yet)
TM Fire Blast
Nugget
3* rare candy
Metagrossite (Handed to you by albacore)

Converstion betweeon 2 NPCs
Random NPC 1: Dafuq you brought down Giratina for a suspect when you could have suspected talonflame. Screw smogon...''Gets Gagged''
Random NPC 2: Talonflame aint even S ranked. Its crippled by stealth rock and steels/Electrics put a hard stop to it. Just build a better team. Beside's We need giratina to balance Keldeo, Lando and the like
Random NPC 1: We could just suspect those instead. even bring Aegisslash it loses to Lopunny and why the fuck did you Gag me
Intervention from MOD Albacore: Will you 2 cut out your nonsense. anymore talk of aegisslash or talonflame suspects will result in both of you getting infractions you here. On Giratina look it Check and balance some of the more higher end threats the meta he asked at what cost. Not only does it have to much bulk and a really good typing but it also has offensive power if it needs to to do dmg. In addition its 90 base speed means anything slower thats not a fairy or a dark cant really swtich in as they have to take 2 high powered hits before they do anything. The combination of these traits means by defualt 2/3 of the metagame is automatically checked and more depending on set. Trust me when I say this you may enjoy it now but you'll be sick of it in a few months

Conversation Between 2 NPCs
Random NPC 3: I nominate Keldeo for S+ rank. Nothing short of Mega latias, Azumarill and clefable can switch into most of its set's and even then Scald baby.
Random NPC 4: You serious. S+ only exists as a temporary rank for the truely borked like Mega salamance or Khangaskhan. Honestly I would rather keldeo Drop to A. He has far more checks then you think. Like celebi, Lopunny, Talonflame. Not to mention its extremly predictable
Random NPC 3: But those are only checks. I want counters dude. I bet your just anti pony
Random NPC 4: What does that have to do with anything this is pokemon. Not Ponies.

Truely Random NPCS
Random NPC 5: Can you beleive these guys. All this argueing over the S and A ranks. Dont they reliese most lose to Clefable. I should nominate her for S
Random NPC 6: Im just gonna say this but half the people here have no clue what there talking about. Dont worry if I get bored enough I'll just mention mawile, talonflame or aegisslash and this place will go nuts
Random NPC 7: Did someone mention Lopunny? Why is she not S rank again. She outspeeds most of the unboosted meta. Wait you have never used Lopunny. Well get away from me I wont talk with you any further

Verlisify getting kicked out
Verlisify: Stop Banning everything already smogen. Greninja, Aegisslash, Metagross and mawile all check each other. and Blaziken why not just ban Speedboost. There was no need to ever ban them. Instead of whining and Banning everything how about using unique pokemon like mantine, Umbreon or Arcanine and getting better
Passerby: Shut up verlis. If we have to use niche stuff like Umbreon or Arcanine just so we dont get trashed then all its doing is showing just how borked they are and demonstrating extreme centralisation.
Verlisify: See you dont want to....Hey let go of what is this. I thought this was the debate room
AM: you are not contributing any meaningful debate to the Room therefor you are being removed
Verlisify: Screw Smogen. Hope gira and Lando I stay just to spite you

Dark Nostalgia Vs Teeny Victory: (There debate decended into chaos)
Dark Nostalgia: Mega Absol use Sucker Punch on Victini.
''Victini takes Massive dmg but survives''

Teeny Victory: Victini return Go Clefable
Dark Nostalgia: Return Absol Go heatran
Teeny Victory: Clefable Use T-wave as heatran switchs in and then calm mind Mind
Dark Nostaligia: T-wave Clefable nuuuuuuu. I hate Clefable

Albacore
Speaker Albacore: Can we shift debate away from suspects and onto recent nomination of clefable for S Rank. Look as good as it is I still cant see it in S. Yes its versitile, Yes its it can beat its checks with the right move and it has that godlike calm mind set. But Remember Steels are everywhere and even offseting those with T-wave and Flamethrower clefable still has to tread carefully and cant do many of its jobs safely while they remain......Oh hello there. Your the one who helped Haunter and Alexwolf apprehend Blacklist and Stoped TLS a few time's. I must give you my thanks on behalf of the smogen institute. Here I want you to have this. Just survived the last suspect to. ''Hands player metagrossite''. I know this place seems a handful but stay awhile

Costume Hunt Trainer Cyrus: (Yes this is a tie into the current giratina suspect)
Emerging strangly after the Council announced a suspect test for giratina. Few because of the heat of the debate actually noticed this guy whom has been standing in the corner brooding and confused but slowly reliesing that he is free. Just as he is about to leave tho you spot him and knowing your history go to face him straight away because seemingly no one else will. Probably because someone mention donphan and aegisslash in the same sentence

A young trainer. Fancy seeing you here. The energy genorated from all the debaters great and crappy here must have created a hole in reality big enough to free me from the distortion world. I'm gonna return to Sinnoh. rebuild galactic and then summon palkia and diagla once more to recreate reality and this time Giratina wont stop me because I understand now and comprehand now.....What you stand in my way. Fine I will crush you to.

The Team: http://pastebin.com/4RhSaq0a basically its cyrus's team and shock and horrer I didn't have to make a single change because 5 of the 6 are OU viable and Crobat tho unranked is usable in the tier. I just choped up the EV spreads and added somewhat modern spread so here we are.

Battle Dialog
Pre-battle: Time to show you the reality and power created by pokemon from the distortion world
After First pokemon defeated: ...Not...bad. shame you cant be part of my new world
5 Pokemon defeated: Not over Yet. I will not go back. I refuse to beleive this trainer really a step above those in this room. Now Face mega Houndoom
Defeat Quote: I see shadows. I wont go back Please dont forsake me to giratinas Wrath.....I beg you
Victory Quote: Now to create my new reality

Post Battle: There is no speaking. Just the appearance of shadows and something that looks strangly like giratina pulling him back into the distortion world and by the time its over all thats left is a pile of cloths. Congradutions you just ''aqquired Cyrus's Outfit''

Anyway thats the debate room done. I'll do the history room Shortly

Yeah im still but most have taken a break or are busy. Salamance and webbrowser run this but i have not seen em in awhile tho the necro will get 1 of them back lol. Why do you ask?

Yeah, not gonna lie but we both more or less abandoned this tbh. Sale is on hiatus more or less and I haven't really been doing my part either.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think we could make a council of some sort to run this project. Something like Chaos, Phione, WebBowser and me could work? Don't want to see this die, since its quite a cool project, though I haven't had time to really contribute :(

I think we could make a council of some sort to run this project. Something like Chaos, Phione, WebBowser and me could work? Don't want to see this die, since its quite a cool project, though I haven't had time to really contribute :(
That sounds like me. I haven't had the time to contribute any more since we got to the first town but I still follow both versions of this thread because I thought it was super cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)