Official Smogon Tournament XI - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
won g1 nice n clean, but then, in g2, got amazingly lucky with a 2% chance (dmeteor miss and waterfall flinch) which gave him no chance, sry about that ;/

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
ya dude. i rlly wanted the game 3 since game 2 was p much mine. it happens etc. :(. GGs negrohana.

brazilians are the bane of me i swear

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
pretty disappointed with my own performance, didn't expect to lose so early on it, but it is what it is. Ggs bro good luck in the rest! Thanks to tesung and ben for some squads, sorry basedlord didn't feel like following the power of ur squads this time around. There's always next year, right? :)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-38391
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-38400
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-38403

Predicting either fren ben or my buddy SoulWind to win it all at this point.

Last edited:
Currently 1-1 vs Obliviate. Very stressful (and long, almost 2 hours) series so were going to get game 3 tomorrow. For those who are interested, an overview of our games (with my biased opinion) is below.

G1: Was scared as hell of pidgeot but managed to get a lead, until a 16% chance let him kill my togekiss and keep his calm mind reuniclus (1 - 0.6 * 0.4 - 0.4 * 0.6 - 0.6 * 0.6 = 0.16). Here i made a very bad play by going to talon instead of sab first, essentially sacking it (if it was shadow ball reuniclus i lose no matter what i do, i had to go to sab and pp stall hoping he didnt have shadow ball. Pp stall then resumed until he switched, and i dumbly let my ferro take a fire blast in an attempt to conserve my sableye's pp. Pidgeot then rampaged through my team with a crit (sure no confusion, but still unfortunate). If hippo didnt die i might have had a chance, but i essentially lost then because my sableye would have to consume pp while reuniclus could keep it.

G2: I got parad turn 1 with zard, but thankfully i never got fully parad, although the para did definitely influence my decision at the end. I managed to get rocks and one layer of spikes up (and killed his spinner), which pressured his mons a lot, especially aero and volc. I played the whole game thinking i had whirlwhind on hippo, when i had rock slide instead and missed on 2% aero, essentially screwing over a safety net against volc with phasing. He missed stone edge on starmie, but i lived anyway, and didnt use it for the rest of the game. I then had to kill his chesnaught while minimizing the chance of a comeback with hax, but alas the para on zard + leech seed and very long games made me take a dumb decision to try to finish it with torny-t. I missed two hurricanes in a row on volc and i didnt even roost zard to full beforehand. Thankfully i got a crit on my third one when he reached +3 +3 +3 and finished the game.

Neutral luck for game 3, i have my fingerscrossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)