Winner:
GoodMorningEspeon
Second place: Dylas
Third place: Chupps
Consolation prize to: Gleeb, iap
Solution: skrelp, shinx, intimidate

(no blitz)

Questions...
1) What pokemon's name has the highest consonant to vowel ratio?
2) What pokemon's name can be formed using all but one of the unown forms that exhibit rotational symmetry?
3) preposition + nature + number (answer is an ability)

hunt by Cattail Prophet

Last edited:

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
16/02/15 GMT +0

Winner:
Cattail Prophet
Second place: Chupps
Third place: mr yap (iap)
Consolation prize to: Gleeb, Zipzapadam
Answers: 50, indigo, 270

(no blitz)

Questions...
1) What is the total population of all Johto's settlements with "Town" in their names in Generation II?
2) Many fans apparently assumed that the Kanto region's name was what prior to the release of Gold and Silver?
3) What is the maximum damage that Lugia's Aeroblast can inflict in Super Smash Bros. 4?

Q3 source: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Poké_Ball

Last edited:

Psywaves

is a Contributor Alumnus
18/02/15 GMT +0

Winner:
Snaquaza
Second place: Cattail Prophet
Third place: Valiancy
Consolation prize to: Angels2002, Wan the Avatar
Answers: tabitha, alakazam, professorcozmo

(no blitz)

Questions...
1) Which NPC in a main series Pokémon game objects to being referred to as "sir" claiming that he has only just turned 27?
2) Which Pokémon has the lowest maximum Pokéathlon Performance out of all those that are fully evolved?
3) Which NPC traded away his Salamence for a Solrock as a child?

Last edited:

Psywaves

is a Contributor Alumnus
18/02/15 GMT +0

Winner: mRyaP (iap)
Second place: HeracrossTheGreek
Third place: DarkShinyGiratina
Consolation prize to: Valiancy, Chupps
Answers: beedrill, togepi, noiverntelepathy

(no blitz)

Questions...
1) What is the only Pokémon to yield 2 Attack EVs and 1 Special Defense EV?
2) Which baby Pokémon was revealed before its evolution was?
3) "Not panel thievery" is an anagram of a Pokémon and an ability it can have. Name the Pokémon and the ability in question. (format answer as pokemonability)

Last edited:
Due to how busy I've become, I've stepped down from RO for the time being, and Queez is my new replacement! I'm sure him and ashiemore will do a great job running the room after my departure. Thanks all of you for the great times, and who knows, maybe I'll come back in the future :).

Speaking of which, this just so happens to be my 1000th post, so...

Yes ik 1ks are lame but whatever people keep pestering me to do one so here you go
>:(

Wow, has it really been 3 years? It's funny how I first made this account purely to bug PS admins, then used it to trade Pokemon over in the wifi forums, and now I'm here on the media side of things. Most of you already know about me and how I got involved with Smogon anyways, and it's been a real blast.

(Organized in sections, from the areas I first joined to the most recent sections I got involved with)

Tournaments:

Vacate: You'll always be a tournaments guy in my heart ;_;. Probably one of my best friends on this website, you're the one who even invited me to the tournaments room in the first place. We've talked hours on end about some of the weirdest topics lmao. Even when I was a really shit user you saw something in me (no idea what) and helped me become who I am today, thanks.

Scene: Wtf you too you'll always be a tours guy. I remember when I first got tours driver and you joked around telling me to "fail in all future endeavors" :,). Hope uni is going well, and come back some day to talk! Tours room always goes crazy when you visit haha.

Blitzamirin: Another great friend, and knows a lot about me compared to other people. We've talked so much about so many things and have really pulled through these past few months, no matter how shit I was haha. Keep Zodiax happy, you guys are p cool together.

Jin Of The Gale: More like Jin of the Fail wtf, but yes a fellow Indian like myself just be ridiculed. Even still, it's amazing how good you are with policy and modding in general, yet aren't a complete robot in pms. Maybe PO did teach you a thing or two after all.

sirDonovan: What can't do you do lol. One of the most talented guys I know, amazing at coding and pretty much everything else, while also being the nicest person in the whole simulator, haha.

antemortem: Damn I remember how we would just talk about our goals for PS and Smogon and how enthusiastic we were about things, and now look at us! We've come so far and it's been fun, thanks a bunch.

Feliburn: lol I still remember when I walked into tournaments and you took an immediate liking towards me for some reason. You really helped me feel at home here, so thanks a bunch.

Hannahh and Deceived: My first friends in tournaments :,), really guys thanks for everything, I probably wouldn't have stayed if you guys didn't stick with me. It's been great seeing you two move forward with life, just please don't forget what's important.

Wifi:

Cranham: Keep up the great work with the room, and stop getting so down on yourself >:(, just focus on what's important to you, and you'll be great

Rosie_The_Venusaur: You too, keep up the awesome work with wifi. Wifi has been the most stable it's been in the whole year that I've been here, and it's great to see that. The room is flourishing under you and Cran, so keep doing what you're doing.

The Immortal: Shit man, you're about as old as me when it comes to wifi auth haha. It's a shame that I had to resign due to lack of time, and you and I may have had our issues in the past, but I'm glad that's all behind us. :)

Darnell: ;___________________________________; come back!! You were one of my first friends on PS and really helped me along the way. I honestly would not be here today if it wasn't for your belief in me, and I honestly truly appreciate it.

Angeela: Wtf idk how you've put up with my idiocy so long. You've been super committed to wifi and one of the purest people I know when it comes to helping out, keep wifi in check for me while I'm gone, ok?

Skitty: You're pretty new when it comes to wifi auth and I met you through TQ, but I cba to make a global section. Regardless, you were probably one of my first real friends on PS, and you dealt with all of my retarded suggestions back when we were voice. I still remember when we would discuss our aspirations haha, good times.

Trickster: I still have no idea how we even first met lol, but you're definitely one of the most down to earth people around here, even if you are considered as a nazi mod to some ;_;. Idek who would fill out those discipline appeals with you lmao.

Hairy Toenail: I still remember when I recommended you for voice and you literally got it 2 seconds later haha. You've been a great guy with wifi, keep up the good work on Smogon too, I've noticed you around.

Anto (and TalkTakesTime): jk ur terrible nerd. In all seriousness though, PS isn't the same without you around modding ;_;, we've talked a lot over the past year and I'm glad that we've both improved a lot over the time. Come back soon!!

Scavengers:

ashiemore: You're doing great with scavengers while I've been really busy lately, keep up the amazing work and don't ever become lazy like I did! Haha

Queez: I know you'll do a great job leading the room in my stead, you've always had a knack for fixing things. Sorry for getting so busy all of a sudden :(.

Xylen: Idc if you're Smogon mod you'll still be a scavengers guy to me, regardless keep up the good work everywhere and stop giggling so much god.

uu iz da shizzle: Another one of my first friends alongside Darnell. Those hp ice electrikes worked out quite well, wouldn't you say?

Smogon People and others:

Minus: Probably my first Smogon related friend, and the guy who really motivated me to get involved with the community somehow. It was cool how similar we were, and it made me realize that there's likable people around here as well, and it wasn't as elitist as I thought. Thanks from bringing me in Cow shit, you Untelangana fuck.

Quarkz: Pro htmler, it's been a ton of fun working with you. Approving/checking htmls has been really fun, and I feel myself improving in that area as well with your help. It feels good to be considered HTML QC, haha.

Redew: Another really cool guy who's great to talk to. I know things have been tough for you lately but we just gotta stick in there, you're another guy who made me feel at home on Smogon.

unfixable: Stop being so down on yourself wtf, you're a great contributor to OMs, so stop worrying so much and just relax, everything will work out in the end haha.

f(x): Pro arter, really cool girl to talk to and really talented as well. Glad I got a friend to undelete my trade thread so I can get this 1k out of the way now lol.

Montsegur: Pretty chill guy who's taught me some things about the competitive side of Smogon, PSPL and making fun of Feli will always be fun.

Sapphire.: I still don't know why you trusted me way back when haha, but it's been fun talking with you. We don't talk much nowadays though because you refuse to get on PS/IRC >:(

MattL: This guy is pro at policy work, and its actually really fun to have someone to talk to about online Pokemon games and hacked roms, I feel like nobody else plays them lmao.

Nova: hehe bwoi

I'm definitely forgetting a few people but oh well, hope you guys understand haha.

There you go are you all HAPPY now you better be

Last edited:

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Winner: imanalt
Second place: Lasagne
Third place: wh0sy0urpapa
Consolation prize to: Rhythms
Solution: Psywaves, trc, Tokyo

Questions...
1) Which Smogon user recently got approved to the GP team?
2) Which Smogon user gave myself a Round 1 bye in his own forum tournament?
3) What city is Tim from?

2/24/15 GMT +0

Winner: wan the avatar
Second place: Manaphy286
Third place: kevinrocks
Consolation prize to: Dylas, Chupps
Solution: rotom, kadabra, drapion

Questions...
1) This pokemon shares its species name with the name of a villainous team.
2) This pokemon's number in the ransei gallery is twice its number in the national pokedex.
3) This pokemon is in two egg groups named after different types despite being neither of those types itself.

Thanks to ashiemore for hosting!

2/24/15 GMT -8

Winner: jess♥ilina~
Second place: kevinrocks
Third place: Painter Espeon
Consolation prize to: AnonymouzLSB, Aeolia
Solution: furfrou (slowking), plusleandminunandtheprincessrescue, prinplup

Questions...
1) What is the tallest Pokemon to have a unique catch rate?
2) Which Pokemon silent movie shown in the anime had a plot that is almost similar to the story of Super Smash Mario Bros.?
3) This Pokemon is so proud of itself that it would rather live alone.

I'm so bad at these, sorry for any loss of points ;~;
Thanks to iap for hosting.

Last edited:

ashiemore

stardust heart
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
02/25/15 GMT -5

Winner:
Chupps [BLITZ]
Second place: kevinrocks [BLITZ]
Third place: Manaphy286 [BLITZ]
Consolation prize to: Aeolia, GoodMorningEspeon, Dr. Dyl, IaP
Solution: serperior, wurmple, accelgor

Questions...
1) Which Pokémon is currently being suspect tested in UU?
2) Which Pokémon evolves differently depending on its personality value?
3) Which Pokémon's Unova Pokédex number is the same as Scyther's National Pokédex number?

[23:06:10] @IaP: not real official
[23:06:12] @IaP: hax

Last edited:
02/26/15 GMT +0

Winner: Chauque
Second place: Gargoyle31
Third place: Cattail Prophet
Consolation prize to: DarkShinyGiratina, Yellow...Skarmory(
Solution: regigigas, ariados, karrablast

Questions...
1) When this Pokemon is legitamately encountered and defeated in Platinum version it will always give zero experience points
2) Tallest Pokemon that can learn a non Normal- or Fighting-type move by level up; however Ghost-type Pokemon are still immune to the move's affect
3) All of this Pokemon's Pokedex entries mention a Pokemon other than itself

+ashiemore: what is the answer

ms. jess marries Mr. Wan

Last edited:

ashiemore

stardust heart
02/26/15 GMT -5

Winner:
Gleeb [BLITZ]
Second place: Aeolia
Third place: iap
Consolation prize to: social netwerk, Trauer, Chupps
Solution: alakazam, dragondance, bellydrum

Questions...
1) This pokemon only gets a 90 stat boost when it mega evolves because it gained 10 stat points between the generations
2) You will see this move countless times if you go to a Chinese New Year parade
3) Patrick uses this Pokemon move in the Spongebob Squarepants episode “Krabby Road”

Hunt by kevinrocks

Last edited:
02/27/15 GMT -5

Winner:
Dr. Dyl
Second place: GoodMorningEspeon
Consolation prize to: Chupps, ILRB.
Solution: defeaterofchobin, riley, sablenite.

Questions...
1) you are given this title for winning round 4 in orre colosseum
2) this gen 4 trainer was offered a gym leader position but refused it
3) black + dark (pokemon item)

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reserving official for both in 15 minutes and for 10 hours and 15 minutes.

This is 10 AM GMT +1 and 8 PM GMT +1

First:
Winner: ILRB.
Second place: Dylas.
Third place: xfix.
Solution: jessie, altrubuilding, bittercold.

Hunt: A pendant was given to this person by a Chansey., Jessie, The yellow gem has been stored in this building., Altru Building, This is the only enemy in a Pokemon Game with a static position which doesn't regain its HP when the player has been defeated., Bittercold

Edit: Changing second to an hour later, my grandma is in the hospital

Winner: xfix
Second place: Wan the Avatar
Third place: GoodMorningEspeon
Consolation prize to: Cattail Prophet, Gargoyle31
Solution: sunkern, trozeibeamer, jizobadge

Last edited:

ashiemore

stardust heart
02/28/15 GMT -5

Winner:
social netwerk
Third place: Dylas
Consolation prize to: kevinrocks, iap
Solution: sableye, fairyshadow, shadowballshadowclawshadowforceshadowpunchshadowsneak

(no blitz)

Questions...
1) This pokemon is weak to exactly 2 types of moves; however the only other pokemon of identical typing is weak to only one. (negate abilities)
2) Name the two types the answer to question 1 is weak to (alphabetical order).
3) Name all the damage-dealing “shadow” moves that do not do supereffective damage to sableye or spiritomb (alphabetical order).

hunt by Manaphy286

Last edited:
3/2/15 GMT +0

Winner: Threadfin
Second place: Mr. Wan
Third place: Manaphy286
Consolation prize to: Chupps, kevinrocks
Solution: snivy, klang, exploud

Questions...

1) For this hunt; take the BST of the given pokemon and find the pokemon whose dex# matches it. Then do the same for that pokemon; etc. First start at Sunkern and find the first pokemon in the chain to share a type with it.
2) Now start at Tyrantrum and find the first pokemon in the chain to repeat itself.
3) Now start at Victreebel and find the pokemon in the chain that learns the most moves by level up.

Thanks to ashiemore for hosting!

Last edited:

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
03/01/15 GMT +0

Winner: Gargoyle31
Second place: social netwerk
Third place: iap
Consolation prize to: Mr. Wan, Chupps
Solution: porygon2, noctowl, 379

Questions...
1) F?5N -QF? ?+6! ?H?? F?6R 69?W is the Wonder Mail code for this Pokemon in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
2) [Psywaves Question: Answer is a Pokemon] Tap + Drying Apparatus
3) You entered the Power Course of the Pokeathlon with your team of Hitmonchan; Luxio; and Hippowdon. Overall you broke 69 blocks in Block Smash; a maximum score in Circle Push and scored 0 goals in Goal Roll (and got fourth place). Hitmonchan got the No-Miss Bonus for Block Smash and Hippowdon got it for Circle Push. Your team did not receive a Leading Score Bonus but Luxio got the Effort Bonus. While taking into account for all of the various bonuses and scores for the three events how many Athlete Points did you earn from this course?

Explanations...

2) Knock + Towel
3) 69 [Block Smash] + 10 [No-Miss Bonus] + 10 [No-Miss Bonus] + 10 [Effort Bonus] + 22 [Challenge Bonus] + 198 [Circle Push] + 60 [Goal Roll] = 379

Edit: Apparently Q3's Challenge Bonus was calculated with the maximum performance stats instead of the base performance stats, but that didn't seem to trouble anyone until after the hunt and people were able to get the answer regardless.

Thanks to ashiemore for hosting! n_n

Last edited:

ashiemore

stardust heart
03/02/15 GMT -5

Winner:
Mr. Wan [BLITZ]
Second place: iap
Third place: Trauer
Consolation prize to: LegendaryPrinplup, Gargoyle31
Solution: altaria, pressure, 5840

Questions...
1) This is the only Pokémon weak to Moonblast that learns said move by level-up.
2) More legendary Pokémon have this ability than any other ability.
3) If the player blacks out in Generation 4 with six badges and a highest-level Pokémon of level 73 how much money will they lose?

best official ever!!

Last edited:
03/03/15 GMT +0

Winner:
pokemonvortex
Second place: Gargoyle31
Consolation prize to: no-one
Solution: golurk, felix, squirtle244

Questions...
1) This Ghost-type Pokemon's only move that we know of in the manga is Hyper Beam
2) An ex-scientist for a villainous team was mistakenly renamed to this in the main series games
3) In Generation 2 this Pokemon is capable of having the most PP over its move set and have the least BST while doing so. And how much PP would they have (Format: [pokemon][number])(discount Smeargle)

#ashiemore: sorry bout that

Last edited:

ashiemore

stardust heart
03/04/15 GMT -5

Winner: kevinrocks
Second place: AnonymouzLSB
Third place: GoodMorningEspeon
Consolation prize to: Wan the Avatar, Painter Espeon
Solution: natu, scizor, marangaberry

(no blitz)

Questions...
1) What is the shortest pokemon that takes no damage from a hidden ability Hawlucha's sky drop?
2) What pokemon's species name is homophonic with the name of an unrelated pokemon?
3) The first word of this object's name is an anagram of the word anagram.

Hunt by Cattail Prophet

Last edited:
Addendum to the above: kingler was also a valid answer to 2, which I missed. Ironically, if I'd made the question about the pokemon name (Pinsir) instead, there wouldn't have been a problem, since kingler and scizor are both the pincer pokemon.

[03/07/15]

Winner:
Aeolia
Third place: iAp
Consolation prize to: GoodMorningEspeon, social netwerk
Solution: murph, sunsetwing, pokemonsnap.

Questions:

1) The first occurrence of the word “eeveelution” in the Pokemon games was uttered by this individual.
2) This item is the direct precursor to the Rainbow Wing.
3) This is the first of only three video games in the Pokemon franchise to require 3 Magnemite to form one Magneton; despite pokedex entries stating it as the norm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)