Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get the Destiny Knot from Young Couple Hal & Lois, but it is taking forever for a rematch to occur. How can I have it to cause rematches to occur more frequently?
I'm pretty sure you can soft-reset to make them give you the DK. So save before you battle them, battle them, if they don't give you the DK, soft-reset and battle them again, repeat until you get the DK.

I'm pretty sure you can soft-reset to make them give you the DK. So save before you battle them, battle them, if they don't give you the DK, soft-reset and battle them again, repeat until you get the DK.
Thank you.
Also, I figured out how to cause a rematch to occur faster as well (but your method is better for this situation): go to Oldale Town. Constantly walk over the border between Oldale and Route 101/103*. This eventually respawns rematches.

*This is one of the few seamless transitions between different areas and it is close to Sea Mauville so there is less time Soaring.

UPDATE: You can change that from "pretty sure" to "definitely" since you can SR for the Destiny Knot.

Last edited:
I went to the Sea Mauville to fight Ho-oh. Since I already have a good one with Regenerator, and couldn't be bothered with soft-resetting a legendary that probably I would never use, all I did was just kill him(although back then would have been a blasphemy...). I was wondering, when I go in the Battle Spot his music theme(Track 12) doesn't appear. Anyone has an idea why is this happening?

I went to the Sea Mauville to fight Ho-oh. Since I already have a good one with Regenerator, and couldn't be bothered with soft-resetting a legendary that probably I would never use, all I did was just kill him(although back then would have been a blasphemy...). I was wondering, when I go in the Battle Spot his music theme(Track 12) doesn't appear. Anyone has an idea why is this happening?
As far as I can recall, the only way to actually unlock the music is to catch the Legendary Pokémon. If you rematch the Pokémon League, rebattle Ho-Oh at Sea Mauville and then catch it, I think the music should then be unlocked for you to listen to.

So Kyogre, Groudon, Deoxys, and Rayquaza respawn if you beat the E4 after KOing them; does the respawning also extend to Regirock/Regice/Registeel? I need to register them as "seen" in the Dex so that I can get the Oval Charm, but I don't want to SR for them right now.

So Kyogre, Groudon, Deoxys, and Rayquaza respawn if you beat the E4 after KOing them; does the respawning also extend to Regirock/Regice/Registeel? I need to register them as "seen" in the Dex so that I can get the Oval Charm, but I don't want to SR for them right now.
Since HG/SS, any stationary Pokemon (and legendary roamers but there's none in OR/AS) will respawn if you beat the Elite Four again. However, I'd recommend instead trying to do touch trades for them to save yourself time when you do go to SR them. (skip registering them in the Pokedex every time you catch them)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How effective is Zoroark/Illusion against the Battle Maison AI?
It's really weird. I once paired him with a Shedinja, the AI would switch out if they didn't have a move to use against Shedinja, but quite often they would attack with something that wouldn't be effective against it (even if they had something in the back that they could switch to), which would break the Illusion. That was with Shedinja though, so I'm not sure if the AI also gets tricked into thinking that you have Wonder Guard so they may have been switching because they only had normal or fighting moves (can't hit Shedinja's Ghost typing). If Zoroark is masquerading as a Poison type then it will draw Psychic moves 100% of the time for example, so there's that..

It's really weird. I once paired him with a Shedinja, the AI would switch out if they didn't have a move to use against Shedinja, but quite often they would attack with something that wouldn't be effective against it (even if they had something in the back that they could switch to), which would break the Illusion. That was with Shedinja though, so I'm not sure if the AI also gets tricked into thinking that you have Wonder Guard so they may have been switching because they only had normal or fighting moves (can't hit Shedinja's Ghost typing). If Zoroark is masquerading as a Poison type then it will draw Psychic moves 100% of the time for example, so there's that..
Well I guess it'd depend on if the AI takes abilities into account, like, "don't try a Ground move on a Weezing because of Levitate" ...then again, the AI has been known to make questionable decisions, even in the Battle Maison...

Well, I'm not sure if Inverse Battles have a similar AI to the Battle Maison, but I once had an experience where the AI 'adapted' to an ability.

I had my Manectric against a Jolteon. I wasn't sure if it had Volt Absorb, so I used Thunderbolt to test it. Sure enough, it did have Volt Absorb, but the Jolteon used Thunder on me, and my Manectric's Lightning Rod activated. From then on, it didn't use another Thunder on my Manectric after that. Then again, it might just have been chance that it didn't select the move.

Last edited:
Trying to get Regigigas appear, I have Regice first in the party and the other Regis as well, and it doesn't appear. Could it be because the other Regis are not Gen 6 native? Or it is because I changed the clock a few days ago and still has to turn back to normal? If yes, how long does it take to do this? I changed the clock this Sunday to do a trick in another game...

Trying to get Regigigas appear, I have Regice first in the party and the other Regis as well, and it doesn't appear. Could it be because the other Regis are not Gen 6 native? Or it is because I changed the clock a few days ago and still has to turn back to normal? If yes, how long does it take to do this? I changed the clock this Sunday to do a trick in another game...
Order doesn't matter, but Regice must be nicknamed and holding an ice-related item. (Castelliacone, Snowball, Never-melt Ice) Usually you need to wait 24 hours from when you last messed with the clock (probably with the game inserted) before all time-related events are available again in gen 6. Also, Regigigas only appears until 20:00 on any given day.

Is there a way to encourage Mirage Caves with Ditto? I've only ever seen one, and I didn't have an Adamant Synchronizer at the time. :/

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Is there a way to encourage Mirage Caves with Ditto? I've only ever seen one, and I didn't have an Adamant Synchronizer at the time. :/
Unfortunately not... Just keep checking and reloading islands over and over until you get one. The same issue happens with the Mirage Spot TMs... You could get them in 1 day or it could take you weeks...

iirc you can SR until you get the Mirage Spot you want. Go online to collect BuzzNav data, check out the Mirage Spots you got, if you don't have the one you want, soft-reset and try going online again to collect fresh BuzzNav data.

Are Dex-Nav exclusive Pokémon more likely to flee than non-Dex-Nav exclusive Pokémon? When I was chaining for Shiny Eevee, I got to about 30 when the Eevee suddenly ran away as I was sneaking up to it. I tried once more and it fled very quickly when I had accidentally gone in the wrong direction. However, when chaining for Shiny Ralts, the numbers ran well into the 200's and not one Ralts fled from me, despite me taking longer to reach the shaking patch than I did for Eevee.

I was thinking about how when I played Alpha Sapphire. I traded over a Groudon before the Cave of Origin and gave it the Red Orb, it wouldn't Primal Revert. If someone were to trade a Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent into ORAS just after getting the Key Stone, would you be able to Mega Evolve it? If not, when is the earliest you can Mega Evolve a Rayquaza?

I was thinking about how when I played Alpha Sapphire. I traded over a Groudon before the Cave of Origin and gave it the Red Orb, it wouldn't Primal Revert. If someone were to trade a Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent into ORAS just after getting the Key Stone, would you be able to Mega Evolve it? If not, when is the earliest you can Mega Evolve a Rayquaza?
I'm not completely sure, but I think Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent can only Mega Evolve after the one at Sky Pillar eats your Meteorite.

I saw somewhere that you could find hordes in ORAS with five different pokemon, I checked serebii but it only mentioned the usual five of a kind or 4/1 hordes. Does anyone know if/how/where it is possible to find these kinds of hordes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)