The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, when people argue about that they are comparing careers. Old, washed out Brady barely cracks the top 5 anymore. Hell, I've been keeping him in my top 5 on name alone. The dude isn't even a top 5 qb anymore tbh. I'll take Andrew Luck and his Brady-like composure over him right now. So that makes 5:

Rodgers
Peyton
Luck
Brees
Romo

In that order.
This post lost all credibility when you said Romo and Brees > Tom Brady
If he can still win SBs in his old age that's a sign dude. Brady is top 3 still. Also Brady > Manning. I thought that argument died but fanboys like you keep beating the dead horse. Please take this ignorance elsewhere and go back to discussing the free agency and how pissed off Eagles and Niners fans are right now

This post lost all credibility when you said Romo and Brees > Tom Brady
If he can still win SBs in his old age that's a sign dude. Brady is top 3 still. Also Brady > Manning. I thought that argument died but fanboys like you keep beating the dead horse. Please take this ignorance elsewhere and go back to discussing the free agency and how pissed off Eagles and Niners fans are right now
What the hell does winning SBs have anything to do with anything? Would winning a SB somehow make Romo better? No. It wouldn't. It doesn't somehow make Brady better either. Romo had one of the most brutally efficient seasons ever. He outplayed Brady. And so did Brees. Team records and where they end up at the end of the season are irrelevant. Even Eli Manning had a better season than Brady lol.

What the hell does winning SBs have anything to do with anything? Would winning a SB somehow make Romo better? No. It wouldn't. It doesn't somehow make Brady better either. Romo had one of the most brutally efficient seasons ever. He outplayed Brady. And so did Brees. Team records and where they end up at the end of the season are irrelevant. Even Eli Manning had a better season than Brady lol.
>shitposting and ignoring the free agency going on that's actually important

So your only argument boils down to Brady won a ring, clutch clutch clutch? You have no argument. Brady followers have no argument other than SBs magically making his season better than others. Deal with it.
If you've seen me post in this thread then you should know that I hate Tom Brady and the Pats as a whole so how exactly does that make me a follower? I'm literally listing facts. Here's another fact: Tony Romo had one good season. That doesn't make him any less awful. Tom Brady has been playing well every season he plays. Tony Romo is nowhere near elite lmao. Anyway, stop with the baseless arguments about how he sucks and all that shit. Tom Brady is the best QB since Joe Montana. Seriously if you're just gonna continue posting like this than you might as well enlist in the NFL yourself to see if you could beat Brady.

One good season? Tony Romo has been putting up fantastic numbers his entire career. The wins helped out with his popularity but 2012 was better and I think his best season. Choking be dammed.

Not even gonna bother replying to you because you never brought up good points and never will.(some hero don't reply to this part of this post unless you want 3 more pages of constant arguing)

Why have the Colts not signed Andre Johnson yet?

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Brady vs. Manning isn't over but holy fuck if you think Brady isn't a Top 5 QB I don't know what to say. I still think people are sleeping all over Peyton who's one year removed from the second-best season by a QB of all time and one thigh injury from repeating it, but to have Brady out of the top 5 is ridiculous. I'd probably put him fourth behind Peyton, Rodgers, and Brees but really when you're comparing those 4 there's no wrong order.

Meanwhile, HOLY FUCK this offseason. Absolutely love Haloti Ngata to Lions, he's an elite as fuck tackle and although he might not 100% replace Suh he can come pretty damn close. It'll be interesting to see if the Lions convert to a 3-4 and draft a nose tackle or just fit Ngata into a 4-3. Either way, Ngata chance we're not going to the Super Bowl, right?!?

The Rams just made out like fucking bandits in the Foles-Bradford trade. Bradford has not shown flashes and is teetering on bust territory, every season he puts together a half-season of below-average play then gets injured while his team fails. Meanwhile, Foles is one year removed from a ridiculous season and was playing solid ball before the injury this year. I think the Eagles are using this as a stepping stone to get Mariota (they aren't doing shit with Bradford or Sanchez at the helm); they now have Bradford and the #10 overall pick. That's getting close enough to moving into the top 6 for Mariota. While I'm not a huge fan of Mariota (he's worth a late first-rounder IMO), if the Eagles want him they can get him.

The Saints seem to have gone in-Saint (get it??? insane???) as well, they trade away Graham to get a first. They just had a private meeting with Jameis Winston too. They now have two first rounders and Brees on the trading block, maybe they ship him and the firsts for the #1 overall and a fourth or something? They're in cap hell anyway, and Winston's going to cost a hell of a lot less than Brees.

Jed York is an embarrassment to football, and the 49ers will be competing for the #1 overall pick this year unless they pull a decent team out of their ass quick. Absolute disgrace of a franchise; they're probably the second-worst team to be a fan of right now (behind the Redskins) because of their owner. I don't even think the Browns' arrow is pointing further down than the 49ers'.

Also how does Bradford help the Eagles chance of drafting Mariota at all?
I heard (but haven't bothered to actually confirm) that the rams and eagle swapped 1st round picks. So if it's true the eagles go from the 20th overall pick to 10, and it's a lot easier to get another team to trade down to the 10th pick than the 20 pick.

There's been a lot of misinformation this year from fake twitter accounts (lol) but final compensation was Foles + 2015 4th + 2016 2nd to the Rams, and Bradford + 2015 5th + conditional 2016 pick to the Eagles. That pick becomes a 3rd rounder if Bradford doesn't take a snap for the Eagles.

Bradford is not really what I had in mind when I saw how much cap space the Eagles had.

The Patriots current starting corners are Kyle Arrington and Logan Ryan.

I guess their plan is to have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick Blind opposing QBs with their shiny Superbowl rings so they can't see the receivers that are running wide open down the field.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Yeah good one WaterBomb how's that official NFL investigation into the defalted balls going? Oh what's that? Last we heard they outed a league official who was embezzling from charities? Nothing about the Patriots tho? Yeah k.

Let's keep those accusations flying.

Suh to Dolphins deal confirmed. Not like it was a surprise but now he's the highest paid defensive player in history. Dolphins overpaid? y/y
Also, Brian Hoyer and the Texans got a 2 year deal. Meanwhile the Jets got Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Ryan Matthews going to the Eagles. Jeremy Maclin to the Chiefs. Leonard Hankersin to the Falcons. Damn the free agency craziness is still going on
Meanwhile Saints,Eagles,and Niners fans are sad
Also, the Bears GM said that Jay Cutler is their starter

The Patriots current starting corners are Kyle Arrington and Logan Ryan.

I guess their plan is to have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick Blind opposing QBs with their shiny Superbowl rings so they can't see the receivers that are running wide open down the field.
Even behind the helmet, Tom Brady's face does that job fine. Too beautiful for DB's to not get distracted

Last edited:
No fanbase is as ungrateful as the patriots

holy crap they won the superbowl 5 weeks ago and people are already bitching about stuff.
Well when you lose an elite Corner to a divisional rival, and some other key players could leave/have left, what else is there to do? Nobody should be like "Oh, we won the Super Bowl last year, I don't care what they do next year". Always be at the top. Are they rumored to be bringing anybody in yet or have they been pretty quiet? Looks like they've been pretty quiet for the most part.

Well when you lose an elite Corner to a divisional rival, and some other key players could leave/have left, what else is there to do? Nobody should be like "Oh, we won the Super Bowl last year, I don't care what they do next year". Always be at the top. Are they rumored to be bringing anybody in yet or have they been pretty quiet? Looks like they've been pretty quiet for the most part.
They lost Talib Last Year and Welker the year before.

Their always pretty quiet in free agency, so I don't understand why some fans are upset.

They've proven that what they do works, that's why they've been at the Top of the league for 15 years. Fans should have realized this by now.

They lost Talib Last Year and Welker the year before.

Their always pretty quiet in free agency, so I don't understand why some fans are upset.

They've proven that what they do works, that's why they've been at the Top of the league for 15 years. Fans should have realized this by now.
Talib is elite? Even if he is, not as good as Revis. And Welker was pretty much replaced/upgraded to Edelman getting thrown to more. I get that them being quite is the norm, but having Arrington and Ryan as starting corners needs to be fixed, sooner rather than later.

Talib is elite? Even if he is, not as good as Revis. And Welker was pretty much replaced/upgraded to Edelman getting thrown to more. I get that them being quite is the norm, but having Arrington and Ryan as starting corners needs to be fixed, sooner rather than later.
Im just using Talib and welker as examples.

The patriots looked foolish when they let them walk but in hindsight they obviously made the right call on both.

They were criticized in the media and by fans for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)