Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeronipuff

Man made the web, you don't need a name.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yo Kiyo, can you attempt to do hazard stacking with Shedninja :], hazard stacking to force defogs from opponent if they have rocks and Shedninja to force switches into the hazards before they get rid of them. Naturally, you're probably going to need to run Xatu too but I know you already know that.

So, it's been a week, so I have another request for you guys.

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Hariyama @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam/Bullet Punch
- Earthquake/Bullet Punch

Just a couple fun sets I haven't had the chance to mess around with in a while. Couldn't decide which I wanted to ask for, then I realize that they probably could work together well decently since Hariyama resists rock/fire hits and Rotom-F resists flying hits and can kill Vileplume. Frosty also beats pesky Mantines, Pelippers, and whatever other annoying flying types you might run into issues with. Having the coverage to bop annoying Garbodors and fairies with Yama seems fun but if the team ends up needing/wanting priority that option's also there of course.

Oh also, since like nobody's actually talked about their teams I'll talk about birdspam.

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Aqua Tail

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Grass Knot

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam
- Bullet Punch
Even in my first few matches with the team, just testing it out on the ladder, while I was having fun with the team and having plenty of close wins(and a couple chokes), the most blatant thing I could find was that the defensive aspects of the time were quite frankly overtaxed. Often times I'd find myself having to sack or risk sacking a bird, usually Vivillon, to switch into various things, because I'd either need Prinplup and Pilowsine for other threats on the team, or in Prinplup's case to defog, and scarfed Rotom often was needed to revenge key threats or clean if Dodrio and/or Archeops was incapable of doing so. The team also kinda hated Ferroseed because the only things that weren't hating gyro balls and possible t-waves(leech seed was a pain no matter what, and still is somewhat, though it's definitely a little more manageable as a whole now because something can actually safely kill it in a couple hits) were Prinplup, which did nothing back aside from fish for scald burns and get seeded, and Rotom, which got whittled down extremely quickly, often needed said scarf, could be protect scouted for clicking trick, had like a 4hko with shadow ball to a physically defensive ferroseed which meant it lost at full health. Dodrio, Vivillon and Archeops could do decent damage to it, but both Archeops and Dodrio hate taking damage, and neither, especially Archeops, enjoy gyro balls. My best and only real play was to sack Vivillon in order to do decent damage to Ferroseed and then revenge it hopefully with something else, if they didn't decide to preserve it for later if they were capable of doing so (somewhat) safely. So to improve on the team's defensive aspects and deal with Ferro and a couple other things I can't remember atm, I switched in a pretty standard Hariyama, with heavy slam because at that point Mega Audino was the only mega, and Heavy Slam's still a very useful option to bop the still common M-audino, as well as Togetics and Granbulls. It gives a second, safer switch into fire mons, a resistance to rock, and a special tank to sponge whatever I need to sponge.

The team still has some issues with certain mons, though. Ferroseed's still annoying, but it's manageable typically. If I can't get Dodrio in safely on a +1 or +0 Malamar by foddering, or sabotage it with Rotom and wear it down I think I just lose to it, so there's that. It might be worth looking into swapping out a bird, probably Archeops, for a Scyther, or perhaps even Prinplup for like offensive signal beam Mantine. Weezing can also be a little annoying because nothing on this team enjoys a burn, and Hariyama gives all but free switches into it. It does get whittled down vs this team quickly enough though, and can't switch into Brave Birds(not much can really) so there's that. If it has pain split it might get a little irritating though. Most fighting types are decently managed, but Sawk can be threatening as the only thing that can switch into it is Prinplup typically, as Rotom will still often be needed and I can't really risk switching it in, especially if it's Scarf Sawk which I can't revenge with Dodrio and Archeops.

I also swapped in Pursuit on Dodrio because it can force a lot of switches thanks to it's speed and power, making it easier to pick off various annoying mons. It can also pick off a shadow ball locked Rotom, which is extremely helpful, and often more useful than knocking off a pesky rock/steel type. I put in frustration over facade, which does make burns more annoying, but the ability to have a second stab to spam that doesn't drop heavy recoil on Dodrio outweighs the cons there.

All in all I'd say it's a fun, solid team. It has flaws, and I probably can refine it a little further with a little more playing around with it. That being said, the team works well. The mons do what they're supposed to do, and they do it well, covering each other's weak points pretty well from what I've played with this version. In particular, Dodrio puts in a lot of work with that 100 base speed and often ends up cleaning up matches and picking off various threats. I'll also note Piloswine does a ton of work, as it sets rocks, tanks hits incredibly well, brings more priority, and also hits surprisingly hard.

Oh also, EVs on Prinplup are just to take two specs Typh eruptions after rocks guaranteed, because you never know when that will come in handy.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
boltsandbombers

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Surf

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 44 Def / 72 SpA / 152 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 216 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Moonlight

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 168 HP / 132 Atk / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 244 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Giga Drain

The team ended up being semi stall, but it works pretty well. Mega Audino + Probo + Quag is becoming one of my fave cores to use, so I threw that together as a starting point. Noticing that the team was weak to Lilligant, I opted for a mixed def Vileplume. It can still take CCs from fighting types if need be, as well as help check other grass types, like opposing Vileplumes. Spdef Gurdurr also help the team deal with status a bit easier, as well provide some priority and a late-game sweeper if need be. Finally, 3 attacks CM Uxie was the final slot and that paired well with the CM MegaDino, as well as Gurdurr. The spread is so that it outspeeds base 91s like Rotom and Chatot, as well as 2HKO Malamar with Signal Beam, even without a CM, then the remaining EVs went into HP for some extra bulk.

It can struggle with CB Sawk as well as Samurott, but you can usually play arounnd those pretty easy as Uxie outspeeds both and can do some serious damage to them with Psyshock or Giga Drain respectively. I'm not sure if you had this in mind as a team structure, but I hope you still enjoy it! :]

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
boltsandbombers

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 232 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 44 Def / 72 SpA / 152 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Moonlight

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 168 HP / 132 Atk / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Uxie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Giga Drain

The team ended up being semi stall, but it works pretty well. Mega Audino + Probo + Quag is becoming one of my fave cores to use, so I threw that together as a starting point. Noticing that the team was weak to Lilligant, I opted for a mixed def Vileplume. It can still take CCs from fighting types if need be, as well as help check other grass types, like opposing Vileplumes. Spdef Gurdurr also help the team deal with status a bit easier, as well provide some priority and a late-game sweeper if need be. Finally, 3 attacks CM Uxie was the final slot and that paired well with the CM MegaDino, as well as Gurdurr. The spread is so that it outspeeds base 91s like Rotom and Chatot, as well as 2HKO Malamar with Signal Beam, even without a CM, then the remaining EVs went into HP for some extra bulk.

It can struggle with CB Sawk as well as Samurott, but you can usually play arounnd those pretty easy as Uxie outspeeds both and can do some serious damage to them with Psyshock or Giga Drain respectively. I'm hope sure if you had this in mind as a team structure, but I hope you still enjoy it! :]
Looks solid, thanks! CM 3 attacks uxie is a really fun set, pairs well with mega Audino, great choice.

OK so, after a week I think I have got the hang of the team. I've made a few changes to the team from what iplaytennislol originally gave me, such as changing Mesprit's spread to Modest max SpA so Psyshock actually bites and changing Fake Out on Hariyama to Heavy Slam cause M-Audino is a bitch to deal with (and Gunk Shot misses more than it hits =( ). I also switched Rotom-N to Rotom-S because I needed a flying type coverage for fighting types, since Mesprit usually either dies early to set up rocks, or Healing Wished something already.

Problem with the team is mainly because I'm shit at battling so I lost way more due to me not playing well. Other issues is I'm really hesitant on switching Aurorus on anything even though I could've with his decent bulk. I also have problem with fast normal types since my only way of dealing with them is switching in Garbodor into them, but Normal Spam annihilates me. This is where my hesitation on switching Aurorus in is very apparent. I also had trouble dealing with Hazard stack, especially with Rotom-S.

I'm not sure on how to do hide tags, but the OP said I'm supposed to provide replays, so here they are:

- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-216932275
- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-216940520 --> the rare times when Aurorus actually sweeps.
- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-216935807

Not the highest quality of replays (since like I said, I'm a shit battler), but there you go.

If its OK, I have another request to this thread. I wanted to build an Offense team (or Hyper Offense) based on Ninetales, the Nasty Plot set to be exact. If I'm limited to one team that's OK though. Thanks =).

Double Posting because Queen told me to

swagilyph
Leafeon Balance
upload_2015-3-10_21-27-7.png
upload_2015-3-10_21-27-25.png
upload_2015-3-10_21-27-46.png
upload_2015-3-10_21-28-5.png
upload_2015-3-10_21-28-15.png
upload_2015-3-10_21-28-38.png

Leafeon @ Tamato Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift
- Knock Off

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Air Slash
- Protect

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Rest

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

So when I went about building this team, the first thing I was looking for was a partner that appreciated the Bulky Poisons that Leafeon lures away. SD Mawile seemed like a great fit as it can sweep teams on its own and takes advantage of Poisons being gone. Rhydon is a reliable hazard setter that can also beat CM Psychics and Malamar with Megahorn, and Mantine provides hazard support and a solid switch into Mega Camerupt and pretty much all Fire Types. CroDino seemed like a good fit here because it provides a bulkier wincon that also appreciates Poison Types being gone. The team was looking pretty slow and weak to Klinklang so I added Rotom as it provides some much needed speed as well as a decent check to Klinklang.

sickweare
Carracosta Offense
upload_2015-3-11_13-23-51.png
upload_2015-3-11_13-24-1.png
upload_2015-3-11_13-24-8.png
upload_2015-3-11_13-24-19.png
upload_2015-3-11_13-24-25.png
upload_2015-3-11_13-24-31.png

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Bullet Seed
- Sucker Punch
- Counter

Carracosta @ Lum Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam

Sorry that this team took longer than a week >.>. When I was building this team i thought that Carracosta would work really well on an offensive team that can wear down it's normal checks to allow for a late-game sweep. Lead Cacturne is something I really wanted to try because it has a cool lead matchup against stuff like Seismitoad or Archeops. Lilligant is a really threatening sweeper right now and is also a really good partner for Carracosta as they have good offensive synergy. Mesprit is a great utility mon that can set Rocks as well as bring back a sweeper late game with Healing Wish. Rotom is the Spinblocker and revenge killer, and Hariyama is a great offensive pivot and just fat mon in general that provides priority and can 3HKO M-Dino with Heavy Slam which is cool.

sickweare
Carracosta Offense
View attachment 38204View attachment 38205View attachment 38206View attachment 38207View attachment 38208View attachment 38209

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Bullet Seed
- Sucker Punch
- Counter

Carracosta @ Lum Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam

Sorry that this team took longer than a week >.>. When I was building this team i thought that Carracosta would work really well on an offensive team that can wear down it's normal checks to allow for a late-game sweep. Lead Cacturne is something I really wanted to try because it has a cool lead matchup against stuff like Seismitoad or Archeops. Lilligant is a really threatening sweeper right now and is also a really good partner for Carracosta as they have good offensive synergy. Mesprit is a great utility mon that can set Rocks as well as bring back a sweeper late game with Healing Wish. Rotom is the Spinblocker and revenge killer, and Hariyama is a great offensive pivot and just fat mon in general that provides priority and can 3HKO M-Dino with Heavy Slam which is cool.
Hey, thanks for the team! No worries about the wait. Can't wait to play with it. Will post on my findings :)

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hollywood

Alright, before I start, let's get some things straight. This team is not for the faint of heart, you will only find success with it if you truly believe, and have an extremely large ball sack (sorry ladies).

Lord Kecleon is the anti-lead to end all anti-leads. It will never die thanks to Focus Sash, and it absolutely wrecks Seismitoad, Ferroseed, and Mega Camerupt with Protean STAB moves (and did I mention it has Stealth Rock too!?!?!). You requested a team with Linoone, so naturally the standard belly thumpin' set is our number one option. Unfortunately, Linoone struggles with Rotom :[ but that's where the next innovative set hops in: Choice Scarf Mismagius boys! Scarf Rotom foolishly think they'll outspeed you and just get wrekt by Shadow Ball (at this point in time, an evil laugh or cackle is suitable) but wait, theres more! Mismagius also has access to Memento, which fulfills the second requirement of your request. The innovation is absolutely pouring out of this team right now, but we can go deeper. Expert Belt Kangaskhan is so fucking boss he doesnt even need a STAB move, Aqua Tail lures in Archeops, Rhydon, and Regirock, Fire Punch lures in Ferroseed and other Steel-types, and Earthquake wrecks Garbodor lookin' to get some crisp helmet damage off, OH YEAH and we even have priority in the form of Sucker Punch. Alright, I'm starting to feel a little bit like Brawlfest so let me calm down a bit. Lets go back to something a little more normal. Zebstrika, oml I know how much you love this cutie and I see why, luring in Mega Camerupt and outpacing Archeops is absolutely insane in a tier infested with those two, also we're running Sap Sipper so we don't get anally fucked by Lilligant (not that they'res anything wrong with that, you do you Holly). Alright, so a little more innovation to cap of this lord squad. Choice Specs Hidden Power Poison Mr. Mime (holy shit thats a lot of capitalized words) this thing hits like a truck (unfortunately PS! wouldn't let me run the SuperStaffBros set :[) and clears up the Mega Audino weakness the team had. Oh yeah, and our little weasel thingy doesnt like getting burned and what not, so our little pantomime packs a nice clean Healing Wish to deal with any misplays a less skilled user like yourself might make.

Enjoy!
Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw

Mismagius @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond
- Memento

Kangaskhan (F) @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Kecleon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Grass Knot
- Fire Blast
- Water Pulse

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Poison]
- Healing Wish

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
hollywood

Alright, before I start, let's get some things straight. This team is not for the faint of heart, you will only find success with it if you truly believe, and have an extremely large ball sack (sorry ladies).

Lord Kecleon is the anti-lead to end all anti-leads. It will never die thanks to Focus Sash, and it absolutely wrecks Seismitoad, Ferroseed, and Mega Camerupt with Protean STAB moves (and did I mention it has Stealth Rock too!?!?!). You requested a team with Linoone, so naturally the standard belly thumpin' set is our number one option. Unfortunately, Linoone struggles with Rotom :[ but that's where the next innovative set hops in: Choice Scarf Mismagius boys! Scarf Rotom foolishly think they'll outspeed you and just get wrekt by Shadow Ball (at this point in time, an evil laugh or cackle is suitable) but wait, theres more! Mismagius also has access to Memento, which fulfills the second requirement of your request. The innovation is absolutely pouring out of this team right now, but we can go deeper. Expert Belt Kangaskhan is so fucking boss he doesnt even need a STAB move, Aqua Tail lures in Archeops, Rhydon, and Regirock, Fire Punch lures in Ferroseed and other Steel-types, and Earthquake wrecks Garbodor lookin' to get some crisp helmet damage off, OH YEAH and we even have priority in the form of Sucker Punch. Alright, I'm starting to feel a little bit like Brawlfest so let me calm down a bit. Lets go back to something a little more normal. Zebstrika, oml I know how much you love this cutie and I see why, luring in Mega Camerupt and outpacing Archeops is absolutely insane in a tier infested with those two, also we're running Sap Sipper so we don't get anally fucked by Lilligant (not that they'res anything wrong with that, you do you Holly). Alright, so a little more innovation to cap of this lord squad. Choice Specs Hidden Power Poison Mr. Mime (holy shit thats a lot of capitalized words) this thing hits like a truck (unfortunately PS! wouldn't let me run the SuperStaffBros set :[) and clears up the Mega Audino weakness the team had. Oh yeah, and our little weasel thingy doesnt like getting burned and what not, so our little pantomime packs a nice clean Healing Wish to deal with any misplays a less skilled user like yourself might make.

Enjoy!
Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw

Mismagius @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond
- Memento

Kangaskhan (F) @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Kecleon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Grass Knot
- Fire Blast
- Water Pulse

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Poison]
- Healing Wish
Lol I did some Calc with Speacial kik why does it so much damage it has base 60 SpAtt

pancakez

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Seismitoad @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Hydro Pump

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Dual dance Rhydon is always a blast to build with as it is a monster against offensive teams, balance teams and even stall teams. Rhydon's ev's are standard. I have adamant in order to smack rather slow teams at +2 attack. Even without a boost Rhydon hits hard. At +2 speed, adamant Rhydon can outspeed base 110s such as Archeops. In order to get Rhydon in safely, and have opportunities to set up, I opted to add a volt turn core. Rotom is my favorite revenge killer because volt switch allows you to revenge stuff and then pivot out. I am running will-o-wisp over thunderbolt because I like being able to wear down common switch ins to rotom such as Hariyama or Lanturn. To complete the volt turn core, next on the squad is Scyther. My favorite set is 248 hp eviolite, 252 speed, 8 attack jolly. With this spread, Scyther is incredibly bulky. You have so many set up opportunities in order to sweep teams. SD u-turn might seem strange but it helps me bluff a choice item as well as keep up offensive momentum. Next on the squad is Claydol. Since I am running volt turn, I needed a spinner and Claydol is the best spinner we have in the tier in my opinion. I am running enough speed for adamant Sawk and colbur berry is just there to eat knock off's in order to get off clutch rapid spins. Next on the team is Seismitoad. I added Seismitoad to give me stealth rock and a water immunity. I am running offensive rindo berry Toad because it is amazing. I have tested it thoroughly and being able to eat up hp grasses from Typhlosion's and Pyroar's to then OHKO them with earth power is simply wonderful :]. Grass knot is for other Toad which would otherwise stop Dual Dance Rhydon. Lastly I have an AV Magmortar on the team. Llilligant is such a threat that I needed to make sure I prepared for it. The speed ev's on Magmortar outspeed max speed base 70's with a non speed boosting nature. Here is a replay of the team being successful: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-216835885. Enjoy n_n

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
CM Mushy + as many special attackers you can fit on the team as recipients. They don't have to be based around a BP chain / required to have a boost persay, just things that would generally appreciate being at +1 +1 :)

I was wondering is you guys could build a balance team around Mixed Heatmor?
I was using the team that was made for me a while ago and it was working amazingly!
I thank all of you guys that are helping and contributing towards this!!!
It's awesome! :]

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
HYP4B34M

So this is my take on your request of Pawniard + Scyther hazard offense. I'll start off by saying the biggest issue with this team is the lack of hazard removal, this can really hinder Sawk and Scyther's sweeping capabilities, but in general smart plays can keep momentum on your side. Pawniard is running the standard SD set, you can opt for something more niche like Pursuit if you find yourself struggling with Rotom I suppose. Scyther is Choice Band with Knock Off to deal huge amounts of damage to everything that isn't a Rock-type or Weezing, this really helps for punching holes in the team for Pawn and vice-versa. Sawk is another amazing wallbreaker that has great offensive synergy with Scyther and Pawniard, I typically like Sturdy even without hazard removal but running Mold Breaker and Earthquake has merit on this team if you prefer. Garbodor is a suicide Spikes lead with insane power, you can opt to run Adamant over Jolly; however, you miss outpacing neutral Sawk and Magmortar, as well as Timid Ludicolo. Rain Dance Mantine can very easily sweep teams, because quite honestly Water and Flying coverage on one Pokemon is really rare and in general hard for NU to deal with. Aim to bring Mantine in on Choice locked Typhlosion or weak physical attackers, get up the rain and enjoy a sweep. Golurk serves as both the teams Stealth Rock user and a spinblocker, if you find Claydol is a huge problem for you, you can run Iron Fist with Shadow Punch over Dynamicpunch and No Guard.

Hope you find success with this team, I tested it on ladder but forgot to save the replays ;-; my bad!

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Sawk @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Garbodor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Seed Bomb
- Gunk Shot
- Explosion

Mantine @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge

H2ODrinkIt kiyo forgot to tag you as well :]
HYP4B34M

So this is my take on your request of Pawniard + Scyther hazard offense. I'll start off by saying the biggest issue with this team is the lack of hazard removal, this can really hinder Sawk and Scyther's sweeping capabilities, but in general smart plays can keep momentum on your side. Pawniard is running the standard SD set, you can opt for something more niche like Pursuit if you find yourself struggling with Rotom I suppose. Scyther is Choice Band with Knock Off to deal huge amounts of damage to everything that isn't a Rock-type or Weezing, this really helps for punching holes in the team for Pawn and vice-versa. Sawk is another amazing wallbreaker that has great offensive synergy with Scyther and Pawniard, I typically like Sturdy even without hazard removal but running Mold Breaker and Earthquake has merit on this team if you prefer. Garbodor is a suicide Spikes lead with insane power, you can opt to run Adamant over Jolly; however, you miss outpacing neutral Sawk and Magmortar, as well as Timid Ludicolo. Rain Dance Mantine can very easily sweep teams, because quite honestly Water and Flying coverage on one Pokemon is really rare and in general hard for NU to deal with. Aim to bring Mantine in on Choice locked Typhlosion or weak physical attackers, get up the rain and enjoy a sweep. Golurk serves as both the teams Stealth Rock user and a spinblocker, if you find Claydol is a huge problem for you, you can run Iron Fist with Shadow Punch over Dynamicpunch and No Guard.

Hope you find success with this team, I tested it on ladder but forgot to save the replays ;-; my bad!

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Sawk @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Garbodor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Seed Bomb
- Gunk Shot
- Explosion

Mantine @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
And

This is a Volt-Turn /DBrd Spam Core (sorry if it already been mentined ) they bothprovide momentum and Weaken each other's check and counter

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack Or

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack / Pursuit / Bug Bite

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt Or

Rotom-Fan @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Water
- Thunderbolt /Wilo Wisp

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Can I get a team built around Choice Band Flareon? Preferebly on a Hyper Offense style build, or even balance. I would prefer this set, or a Specially Defensive set that could take on Fire types like Typhlosion or Magmortar.

Flareon @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Baton Pass

Believe it or not Im not making a Raticate request lol. All jokes aside its worth mentioning I have left the NU scene for the past few months but now I'm back. With Mega Lix gone a mon that i have noticed that has gone unjustly ignored who i believe can rise back up to the top of the meta is Klinklang (i believe the set is Gear Grind, Shift Gear, Frustration, and leaning towards running sub in the last slot but if there is a better option by all means let me know). I havent tested klingklang in the post steelix meta but a pokemon i have tested is Quagsire. This derpy looking dude EATS physical hit for breakfast lunch and dinner. I really want to use this Klingklang+Quag core. If you guys could make a Balanced team with this core that would be AMAZING. Thanks in advance if you guys get around to it.
I cant wait to see what u guys do with this core, good luck guys
Im actually really excited to test this out tommorow :D

Could you guys please make a team around Frogadier? I've always thought it has potential in the NU meta given Protean and a decent speed stat, but I've never been able to build a good team around it.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
3P1K

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Atk / 92 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Return
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Uxie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Giga Drain

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 HP / 28 Atk / 48 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Moonlight

I actually built this ages ago, but as Can-Eh-Dian said, I was being a lazy shit, so here it is finally! This team is a lot of fun to use and I've had some great success with it as well. It's what I call balance, but it probably isn't in the slightest, but it's a team nonetheless. Klinklang is a great mon rn, being able to put in a lot of work once you remove the bulky waters and/or rotoms, which this team can do pretty nicely. Quagsire being able to check opposing Klinklangs as well as other set-up sweepers is great as well as being able to wear them other pokemon with toxic and potential scald burns. 3 attacks Uxie is also a really good mon as it can clean up late game if Klinklang can't. The spread allows you to outspeed non-scarf rotom and the SpA allows for a 2hko on Malamar with Signal Beam. Hariyama for standard.firecheck and Facade is for will-o megarupt so you can still him them decently if you get burnt. Regirock adds another fire resist as well as provides hazards. Spdef Vileplume helps with Lilligant as well as take on Special Samurott a bit better.

Have fun :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)