League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

not sure if this is the place to post, but does anyone want an arclight vel'koz

i have like 8
arclight velkoz has to be one of the best looking 975 skins imo, I'd love a reason to start playing him again :^)

oh darn

I've played Bard on the PBE and darn. I absolutely love the sound effects and his way of playing. Certainly a reason to play some more League again.
Bard was so much fun on the PBE and I am definitely considering buying him day 1 even though I need the IP... he seems like the kind of support that I'd only roll out in duo queue, though, because most low elo ADCs don't really seem to acknowledge the nuances of support play, especially one that is centralized around not actually being in lane.

Bard was so much fun on the PBE and I am definitely considering buying him day 1 even though I need the IP... he seems like the kind of support that I'd only roll out in duo queue, though, because most low elo ADCs don't really seem to acknowledge the nuances of support play, especially one that is centralized around not actually being in lane.
That's maybe the reason I'd like to play him in some normals, not queueing with any friends. If your team's bugging/annoying you just mute 'em and do your thing. Roaming around with some music and chimes playing in the bg, love it. If your team is just fine, then do the same chill stuff. It'll be effective anyway since he's made for it, so you can literally 'walk away from your problems' and 'relax' for the good of the match, I feel.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Trying to learn Draven atm. Relatively new to League. Any tips?
Draven is just one of those champions you really have to learn about micro-managing axes.

I would recommend going into bots and just practice with it. I mean like bots vs bots (with you on either side - though I advise practicing both sides). Just try to learn about the axe mechanic and catching it. Practice with moving and, if you can, throughout a fight. You can also try asking people to play with you and practice the Draven axe catching.

Remember sometimes it isn't always worth catching the axes - this is because some smart players can use the axe landing location as a potential tool to lay CC / damage on you. Unless you're really good at ADC I don't really recommend him, though, mainly because he is kind of a snowball champion. But that's me.

Also I want to apologize to Acklow - My friends really can be dicks some days and he trooped through it.

Going to be using 3 armor quints, scaling hp seals, scaling mr glyphs, and 9 as marks on tank junglers with cinderhulk now. I already used that page on jungle Yi, Tryndamere, and Irelia top, but 25% free health is awesome.

I like armor quints in lane because it can allow you to get tanky with scaling seals without investing into defense as much. Or when I play Fiora, 3 armor quints, 9 scaling hp seals, 9 scaling mr blues, and 9 penetration marks I can get longsword instead of starting cloth 5. They are a very efficient quint to run at level 3ish onward. Although I pick much more aggressive pages if I want to apply more pressure instead of farming.

Armor penetration marks are something I like on fighter junglers.

I'm just spitballing here, but after thinking about it for a while I was wondering... how likely is it that Bard will have the highest win % variation between Purple/Blue sides of the map? No other champion has such a terrain-specific spell such as Magical Journey, and blue side probably has the advantage of being able to jump through the Purple tribrush area to get behind the enemy team with the jungler. Also, the south jungle is bigger and has more space for chimes to spawn (not that I have any idea how those are spawned) and blue team has the easier invade path to the east jungle (to collect chimes, specifically) via the river. Red side also has some advantages, such as an easier escape into their own blue side jungle, but I think Blue team's would be more significant.

Ages ago I seem to remember that champions with a high percentage of skillshots (ie Lux) were the ones that had the largest win % difference, and for a time Blue team won about 55% of games despite matchmaking creating an overall "worse" team for Blue. I'd be curious to see how Purple/Blue champion win percentages stack up, and where Bard will eventually fit in that category.

Oh sorry, I thought I was quoting the Draven tips. I need advices for Lux. Anyone here playing her a lot? She doesn't seem to work for me.
Well, I've played her since season two so I know quite a lot about everything she's good/bad at. Any specific things that don't work for you while playing her?

Well, I've played her since season two so I know quite a lot about everything she's good/bad at. Any specific things that don't work for you while playing her?
Ppl seem to always criticize my build. I often build RoA since I think it's really good on her, but people advice me not to. Also, idk how to position well. I always get jumped on.

Ppl seem to always criticize my build. I often build RoA since I think it's really good on her, but people advice me not to. Also, idk how to position well. I always get jumped on.
In my opinion, Lux doesn't need any tankiness since she's never (or never should be) in the middle of a teamfight. Therefore, RoA is not optimal. My build is usually Sorcerer Shoes, Zhonya's, Morello's, Rabadons, Void/Liandry's, Lich Bane/Athene's. I don't get Athene's often anymore since the nerf, but the CD reduction it brings in combination with Morello's comes in super handy.

You could also go for situational items like Banshees, or even Mejai's.

For positioning I advice to stay in the back, all the time. Lux gets jumped on fairly easily and is really squishy. Lux her range allows you to do this. You can peel/poke from the backlines, and if you land a good binding on one of their carries you can combo them and kill them, or at least burn some important spells.

In my opinion, Lux doesn't need any tankiness since she's never (or never should be) in the middle of a teamfight. Therefore, RoA is not optimal. My build is usually Sorcerer Shoes, Zhonya's, Morello's, Rabadons, Void/Liandry's, Lich Bane/Athene's. I don't get Athene's often anymore since the nerf, but the CD reduction it brings in combination with Morello's comes in super handy.

You could also go for situational items like Banshees, or even Mejai's.

For positioning I advice to stay in the back, all the time. Lux gets jumped on fairly easily and is really squishy. Lux her range allows you to do this. You can peel/poke from the backlines, and if you land a good binding on one of their carries you can combo them and kill them, or at least burn some important spells.
How do you feel about Rylai's?

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Because Banshees Veil is a much better defensive item on Lux as it provides MR, HP, and a really strong passive. I personally never build it on mages unless I'm up against another mage that's extremely fed. Lux cannot utilize Rylais to its full potential and isn't a short range mage either. Rylais is used to kite with and Lux's kit already has that. The best defensive item you can ever build on an AP mage is Zhonyas as it mitigates so much damage. I wouldn't ever build abyssal scepter on Lux as the range of its passive is too short to utilize. CDR and damage are the two stats she wants. So you're much better off getting Grail. I like to build tear nowadays on some mages like Lux because of the potential you have late game is better than Grail. Also double Morellos is really good on her.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)