Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
js soundproof in general isn't that much of a use cos only 3 mons use voice moves iirc i.e. mega altaria, m-gardevoir, and sylveon, and mega altaria isn't guaranteed to be special. As already said, Heatran is a decent answer to these, and also Ferrothorn to a similar extent. There's also Tentacruel and Talonflame(rocks tho) that can switch in, though all are subject to conditions so it comes to what fits your team well.

Is there any OU relevant Soundproof mon, so as to have a reliable switchin to all those Pixilate Hyper Voices?
Sadly there's no viable usage of Soundproof in OU.

If you need an answer to Pixilate Hyper Voice, besides the noted Heatran, Jirachi's also considered a pretty decent answer, more utility oriented than Heatran and with Wish for recovery and U-Turn pivoting.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Guys like 5 people answered that question, if you want to make a suggestion, just make the suggestion, don't repeat what people have said before you.
idk what you mean by repeating an answer, i only see incomplete answers(i forgot rachi smh). Also, since the q isn't on the last page, people tend to just click on the "reply" quickly and give their answer. pls dont reply to this. #not_Rude_js

For the Heatran trapper set when you use Solar Beam + Power Herb, does the power of Solar Beam still get halved if the weather is rainy/sandstorm?

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Did they change that this gen? Because it used to be half power in other weather conditions.

For the Heatran trapper set when you use Solar Beam + Power Herb, does the power of Solar Beam still get halved if the weather is rainy/sandstorm?
Y'all mothafuckas need to do some calcs

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Politoed: 220-260 (57.2 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Politoed in Rain: 112-132 (29.1 - 34.3%) -- 4.1% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Politoed in Sand: 112-132 (29.1 - 34.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Politoed in Hail: 112-132 (29.1 - 34.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after hail damage

Solarbeam's power is halved if it's used in any condition other than Sun or normal weather.

Bulbapedia said:
Generation II
Bulbapedia said:
SolarBeam will not need a turn to charge if used during the effects of the move Sunny Day. It will only deal half of its normal damage if used during the effect of the move Rain Dance or Sandstorm.
Generation III
SolarBeam will only do half its normal damage if used during the effect of the move
Hail.

Do stealth rocks pop air balloons and what about rocky helmet/rough skin? I've never actually paid attention to these things.
Air Baloons are only popped when you've been directly attacked by a damaging move. It makes you immune to [Toxic] Spikes (I think), but not to SR (without popping the baloon though).

Let's say I have a Custap Skarm against a Custap Forretress, both in their Custap range. Who would go first?
I'm guessing Skarm would go first, but I want to make sure and find a reason.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
To get a TC badge, do the 4 suspect participations have to be of the same tier? Or can I participate in 2 OU suspects and 2 UU suspects and still get a badge?

To get a TC badge, do the 4 suspect participations have to be of the same tier? Or can I participate in 2 OU suspects and 2 UU suspects and still get a badge?
You also need to make posts in the respective suspect test discussion thread, and be active in that particular tier.

Is Assault Vest considered a viable item for Diggersby in OU? I don't see it listed in its analysis, but I've used AV Diggersby before and it seems to work okay.

Is Sunny Day Mega Houndoom considered viable in the metagame now? I don't have the time to test it now but it seems to be OK since the Sun allows it to run Solar Beam to KO it's usual counters such as Azumarill, Keldeo, Mega Gyarados and Tyranitar (this one requires you to use Sunny Day as it switches in). Also, not many things want to take a Sun-boosted Solar Power Fire Blast.

Is Sunny Day Mega Houndoom considered viable in the metagame now? I don't have the time to test it now but it seems to be OK since the Sun allows it to run Solar Beam to KO it's usual counters such as Azumarill, Mega Gyarados and Tyranitar. Also, not many things want to take a Sun-boosted Solar Power Fire Blast.
It's doable. Less consistent at stall breaking than NP-Taunt but Sunny Day + 3 attacks could work well enough, especially against offense and balanced.

Extremely quick teambuilding tips: pair it with Defog Healing Wish Latias, and probably either a Landorus or Thundurus aimed at breaking down stall. Screens may also be helpful. Also have a plan for Fighting priority / Lopunny, as they will try to revenge.

Last edited:
Zoroark kind of sucks so I wouldn't really recommend using that but that's something for another time.

Most M-Beedrill teams like to be revolved around volt-turn cores. So partners like Magnezone are really good for trapping steels + Knock Off M-Beedrill. Starmie or Latias is good for hazard removal with Starmie breaking down the bulky grounds that trouble Beedrill and Latias providing Healing Wish and Defog support. Generally the layout of offensive M-Beedrill teams that I like to use is Beedrill, stealth rock setter, two set up sweepers, magnezone, hazard removal. Set up sweepers can include things such as Belly Drum Azumarill, Swords Dance diggersby, Double Dance Lando-T, rock Polish Landorus, Swords Dance Bisharp, and so forth. Lando-T would be good as well for the team just make sure you have answers to other set up sweepers like charizard-x and m-gyarados along with other top tier threats like Talonflame and Gliscor.
Firstly, thank you very much for the response (and a quick one at that).

I know Zoroark is not the best and almost always unviable in OU, but I have felt intrigued to use him since a lot of Mega Beedrill counters and switch-ins are dealt a number, or outright KO'd, by Zoroark. It would essentially be a team that instills fear in the opponent whenever they see a Mega Beedrill sprite.

Everything else you said is just the kind of answer I needed. Thank you for the great suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)