The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Soft rumors of Patriots talking to Nick Fairley. In all honesty if they jettison their elite corners and get some interior/edge pass rush from the line and keep their good corners (butler, arrington, ryan) and elite safety with elite linebackers the defense will start to look pretty fucking solid rather than just having a great back end like they did last year.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No team has a fanbase as ungrateful as the patriots

holy crap they won the superbowl 5 weeks ago and people are already bitching about stuff.
hi you obv dont know boston sports since this literally happens every offseason and most of every season with all 4 teams

i'm not mad that revis left because money > everything and he's consistently shown that his entire career. can't blame him either when your prime earning years last a decade if you're lucky.

i find it hilarious though that some jets fans are hailing him as a savior when last time i checked their qbs are ryan fitzpatrick and the train wreck formerly known as geno smith.

Im just using Talib and welker as examples.

The patriots looked foolish when they let them walk but in hindsight they obviously made the right call on both.

They were criticized in the media and by fans for it too.
Ahhhh alright. But yeah I still stand by my my point of they should work on getting another cornerback, or at least bring in some sort of impact player on defense.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
the frontrunner for Demarco Murray is now the eagles?? wait, they just signed ryan matthews, who is a great back for the system and a starting caliber running back (who will have a bit of an easier time staying healthy in the eagles offense). Why in the world does chip kelly need both backs? they have many other needs at the moment and if kelly really wants to keep his team together he will not sign demarco. My main fear for the Eagles is that nobody will want to play there since their job security is constantly on the line. They may draw some star players, but the important starters may not want to go there in fear of being replaced, even if they are playing at a decently high level.

"Dave Caldwell said Jags used the money they offered McCourty 2 sign Skuta, House & Brown. If McCourty had signed, would not have the other 3."

"Dave Caldwell: Jags had 5 main targets in FA...Julius Thomas, Parnell, Odrick, McCourty and Cobb. Thought they had best offer 4 McCourty."

"Dave Caldwell: Every time he watched tape of DeMarco Murray, he was impressed with how Jeremy Parnell was blowing people off the ball."

"Dave Caldwell said Jags used the money they offered McCourty 2 sign Skuta, House & Brown. If McCourty had signed, would not have the other 3."

"Dave Caldwell: Jags had 5 main targets in FA...Julius Thomas, Parnell, Odrick, McCourty and Cobb. Thought they had best offer 4 McCourty."

"Dave Caldwell: Every time he watched tape of DeMarco Murray, he was impressed with how Jeremy Parnell was blowing people off the ball."

Holy shit now I'm scared of the safety of my Colts. Jacksonville will be tough to beat

So does anyone think the Jags can push .500 now? If their new players can come in and mesh well, and Bortles continues to develop, then they could definitely be a dark horse team that others could sleep on and could be caught by surprise.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah good one WaterBomb how's that official NFL investigation into the defalted balls going? Oh what's that? Last we heard they outed a league official who was embezzling from charities? Nothing about the Patriots tho? Yeah k.

Let's keep those accusations flying.
Please please please please please PLEASE tell me you did not just totally miss my sarcasm...

TheValkyries

WaterBomb , son you need to look up how to be sarcastic over the internet, because there is no universe in which sarcasm stops that sentence from being a half-accusation of the patriots at the least.

LOL in what universe is suggesting that the patriots deflate team bus tires supposed to be taken seriously and not as a facetious joke

someone needs to calm down and just enjoy their 18th super bowl ring in the last 3 years

TheValkyries

God who am I to be upset at accusations of cheating even if they're done for the purpose of an almighty joke.

I mean we've just won our first ring in 10 years it's uncouth of me to sweat the small stuff in the presence of Steelers fans whose franchise hasn't had the same type of super bowl success in the past 10 years. I should just choke on how blessed I am instead.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Christ man I was just piggybacking on Pretzels' joke, which was also sarcastic because he's a PATRIOTS FAN. That's why I quoted. Rather than get more defensive you could just accept my explanation and move on.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
SON you made a shitty deflategate joke and I called you on it! This is not hard!
No, you reacted as if my post was a serious accusation, not a joke. You seriously don't have to be this insufferable when all I am saying you did is misunderstand my post, which is not a crime. Can we move on?

Murray to the Eagles.

5 years, $42m, $21m guaranteed.

i am so fucking glad Caldwell is a smart man who sticks to his plan.

tbh it'd be intriguing if we got Mathews or Spiller, but i've had enough injuries ruin my team for a lifetime.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if Chip Kelly is a genius or an idiot with this offseason. On one hand, he swapped LeSean McCoy for Demarco Murray and Kiko Alonso and actually saved money doing it, but then traded Foles for Bradford and nuked his cap. Bradford has a faster release than Foles which might work better in the system, but his contract, previous play and injury history make him a significant downgrade at QB for the Eagles.

Also woooooo Bears rolling with Cutler you jerks better not draft Mariota if he falls to 7 (which he should IMO, he's not that great a prospect. Worth a mid-first rounder at best :/)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)