OM Interviews (#26: OM room)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why are we twins?
post count is similar joined in april and were 13 1/2 when PS. and our birthdays are similar. and we don't play BH 1v1 or PU.

lol.

Anyway what inspired you to make aqua and call it aqua?
Basically the fact that there were no OM servers and we needed one badly so not all of them that were not on main would be forgotten. I have no idea why I called it Aqua, me and a few friends were just thinking of names.

Thoughts on:

Favorite genre of game?

Is there anything you'd like to see added/removed/changed on PS!

What pokemon do you wish were better?

Do you see yourself as a leader mostly, or mainly a follower.
ehh Pokemon is a genre imo.

I'd like to see an autojoin option that does work completely :(. Right now I only join 6 of my 14 rooms whenever I join PS.

Probably something awkward like Shedinja, it has great potential but just is so weak right now.

Depends on the situation, in real life I'm definitely a follower badly. On here it's more in between really.
Do you think your life is meaningful so far?

When you read above question, do you feel happy or not?

What kind of music do you like?

How often do you play pokemon?
Not really, it's mostly being bored at school, though I like being here, but I don't know if I can really count that as meaningful. My time on here has been meaningful for some parts of the site though I think, so I'm happy about that. Even though it's mostly the past few months, (and ~a year for PS).

I don't really mind, at this moment. I'm happy with stuff here and IRL is hard to change.

Really mainstream stuff, lol. I like most of the common stuff.

I play competitively mostly in Tours when I have time, or sometimes on an alt for the Challenges room, but I don't know how competitive that is! I like playing ingame, but usually pause my runs halfwaythrough. Haven't done those in a while either though, due to time issues.

Are you a good player?
Decent, quite good in tours, worse on the ladder for some reason.

hi nevermind

Banned deucer.
[17:19:16] Touniouk: what does a mod too when he's hungry ?
[17:19:16] Touniouk: Makes himself a snaq
[17:19:51] E1 Sidney: roflmao
[17:19:58] +Jack Dalton: oh man now i want to run to the store and get snacks
[17:19:59] E1 Sidney: good one Touniouk
True?

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fun Fact: Molk, the now RU Leader became RU Leader when he was 16. That's right. Leader of a mainstream tier at 16! And when he first joined Smogon, he was banned for some time for being an immature poster.

So don't worry. And I'm 22. We're all in the mix.

Snaquazza:

1. If you had to choose between killing The Immortal or Eevee General to make Unfixable the OM Co-Leader, who would you kill?

2. What plans do you have for promoting or organising Aqua, the now beta testing hub for new OMs?

3. Will OMs and its permanent ladder be ever put at par with the mainstream tiers?
Sorry! (Also for double post) I don't know what you're trying to say with the first thing, but it's cool.
I don't think unfixable should be OM Co-Leader right now, but I can definitely see him becoming it in the future. It'd be cool if he could get OM mods though. #teamUnfixable
I don't really do much there besides putting OMs on there. Otherwise I mostly let Master Float handle how stuff go. He's made it fairly popular, while I just make sure the OM community can play some OMs. We definitely need more staff though (so be active!).
I don't think they will, mostly because we're always the "Theorymon Corner" that tries other stuff than the normal ones. After all main tiers use official standards.

Do you consider yourself more mature than others your age?

I miss word and manu. Can you replace them?

List your twelve favorite pokemon.

Make another separate list for you twelve favorite competitive pokemon, if applicable.

If you could own a pokemon irl, which would it be?

Do you play any standard tiers often?

Thoughts on mega gross getting so close to being banned, but not?

Are you liking the council for inheritance so far?

Snaquaza

KACAW
Do you consider yourself more mature than others your age?

I miss word and manu. Can you replace them?

List your twelve favorite pokemon.

Make another separate list for you twelve favorite competitive pokemon, if applicable.

If you could own a pokemon irl, which would it be?

Do you play any standard tiers often?

Thoughts on mega gross getting so close to being banned, but not?

Are you liking the council for inheritance so far?
I guess I do. Mostly because there's a large fraction at this age who are idiots and think trolling is fun.
I'll try
Glalie, Weavile, Yanmega, Rhyperior, Snorunt, Swellow, Shiftry... Honestly I don't know I like so many. The ones I listed I'm not even sure about.
It really depends on what I play
Snorunt
Not really, though I like to follow their process. I like NU the most out of them.
Great. It's really fun in many OMs, and a lot follow OU bans, so it's good it didn't get banned.
Yeah, the council in Inheritance is amazing, I feel like I don't know anything there as they have great discussions.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Basically the fact that there were no OM servers and we needed one badly so not all of them that were not on main would be forgotten. I have no idea why I called it Aqua, me and a few friends were just thinking of names
Are you sure of that, Snaquaza?
What is the best pokemon in Inheritance, in your opinion, and why is it Pikachu?
Have you struggled with any locked doors recently?
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?
If you wanted to nerf Mega-Rayquaza such that it becomes Uber again, what would you do?

Snaquaza

KACAW
Are you sure of that, Snaquaza?
What is the best pokemon in Inheritance, in your opinion, and why is it Pikachu?
Have you struggled with any locked doors recently?
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?
If you wanted to nerf Mega-Rayquaza such that it becomes Uber again, what would you do?
Yup, only noticed it later.
I don't know the best 'Mon, but I love Diancie.
What do you mean with locked doors? Please dont' be cryptic!
I'd make MegaEvoing waste a turn in general.

what music do you like?

favorite show / movie?

did you have a name before snaquaza?

have you ever considered a name change?

Snaquaza

KACAW
what music do you like?

favorite show / movie?

did you have a name before snaquaza?

have you ever considered a name change?
Mainstream stuff. Just general popular songs.
You won't know it as it's Dutch, but "Wie is de Mol"
Nope, only had a few temporary alts named "Guest Number"
I've considered a namechange a few months ago, but then I stopped thinking about it since I'm fine with this.

Snaquaza

KACAW
Are you happy with Glalie's mega evolution design?
Do you find it funny that it looks like a snake's head unhinged ready to swallow an egg and your name is snake+rayquaza?
If Ice is your favorite type what's your fourth?
If you could choose any user with Eevee in their name as your favorite mod on Smogon, who would it be, generally speaking?
Ehm it's meh. I don't like how it's jaw is huge, but it appears like it's half head half cut-off jaw, kinda ugly in my opinion. I prefer base Glalie.
Wait what, what look likes a snake's head swallowing an egg, I never noticed that o.o.
I have no idea what my fourth favorite type is, though I guess Flying, but may shift every few days.
I guess Eeveelution Lover would be a good mod on Smogon!

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Snaquaza why you so good at errything?
When do you get global driver?
When will you kill Eevee and TI to become OM ultra supreme leader?
When does Inheritance get a ladder?
What other OM besides Inheritance should get a ladder?
Does yu liek da mimez stallz?
What are your thoughts on Infernape? Tropius?
What does mfk mean o3o
What is best OM in your opinion?
What is the easiest OM to start and be reasonably competent at within a short time period? (Meaning which OM would you recommend to a starting OMer?)
What OM inspires the most creativity?
Which OM is most similar to OU?
Which OM is most different from OU?
What is best Fire type? If answer is not Infernape you are wrong
Tech me hao to be awesome?
Does U liek teh scooby snaqs?
Who is your favourite voice from OMs room? Driver? Mod? RO? Admin?
When will you make another awesome OM?
Why are all of the best threads created by you?
What is your fave Pokemon to use in monotype? 1v1?
If you could delete one OM from history, which OM and why?
Should I ask you more questions or naw?
How many alts do you have on PS?
What is the most underrated Pokemon in OMs?
Who is the most annoying Pokemon to you ever?
If you could choose one OM to steal leadership of which would it be and why?
Who is better, unfixable or you?
How many tournaments have you won?
Do you have any pets?
Do you like cats? Dogs?
What is your favourite subject?
Are you kewl irl?
Are you dead yet from 3manyQ's5u?
Do you know any people irl who play on PS/are on Smogon?
What type do you main in monotype?
What Pokemon is on most of your teams?
Best (most skillful) replay?
Haxiest replay?
Fave replay?

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
Snaquaza why you so good at errything? Just trying. I'm also not good at everything :p
When do you get global driver? Ehm, I don't know, that's not really my business X.X
When will you kill Eevee and TI to become OM ultra supreme leader? I wouldn't be the next in line anyway
When does Inheritance get a ladder? Hopefully next month as OMotM. Maybe it'll stay challenge only.
What other OM besides Inheritance should get a ladder? Linked is awesome and Typemons has missed OMotM for a while. For non-OMotM, probably Hidden Type or Averagemons
Does yu liek da mimez stallz? Not at all
What are your thoughts on Infernape? Tropius? Infernape is meh, Tropius was awesome in gen 5 sun because you could have Growth + Custap Berry + Harvest which results in rekkage, sometimes
What does mfk mean o3o Marry, fuck, kill
What is best OM in your opinion? Don't know whether I should rate on Meta or Idea. There's not really a best, but I love AAA (and Inheritance lately) metagame, but I think STABmons has a great idea.
What is the easiest OM to start and be reasonably competent at within a short time period? (Meaning which OM would you recommend to a starting OMer?) Tier Shift since it's similar to other metagames.
What OM inspires the most creativity? At this moment I'd actually say Inheritance.
Which OM is most similar to OU? Hawluchange
Which OM is most different from OU? Suicide Cup has a really different metagame
What is best Fire type? If answer is not Infernape you are wrong Volcarona
Tech me hao to be awesome? Contact me on PS :)
Does U liek teh scooby snaqs? Nah
Who is your favourite voice from OMs room? Driver? Mod? RO? Admin? Lucina, Pika, unfix, EG, TI I guess, but I hate it that I can't mention more people
When will you make another awesome OM? Hopefully, got one in submissions rn.
Why are all of the best threads created by you? *Some of them
What is your fave Pokemon to use in monotype? 1v1? Volcarona, I don't play 1v1
If you could delete one OM from history, which OM and why?
Should I ask you more questions or naw? sure
How many alts do you have on PS? Many AFK alts, very few other alts.
What is the most underrated Pokemon in OMs? Zygarde, viable in many since ESpeed, but rarely used
Who is the most annoying Pokemon to you ever? Liepard, but after Swagger ban probably just Gliscor
If you could choose one OM to steal leadership of which would it be and why? AAA, I love the metagame
Who is better, unfixable or you?
How many tournaments have you won? Dunno
Do you have any pets? No
Do you like cats? Dogs? No
What is your favourite subject? Astronomy
Are you kewl irl? Not really ;_;
Are you dead yet from 3manyQ's5u? Answered most
Do you know any people who play on PS/are on Smogon irl? No! Come to my school imo
Replies in bold

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Replies in bold
Thx for answering! I edited some others in afterwards, but I guess you must have missed them so I'll re-ask them:
What type do you main in monotype?
What Pokemon is on most of your teams?
Best (most skillful) replay?
Haxiest replay?
Fave replay?
Replay of you thrashing a skilled battler that you are particularly proud of?

New ones:
Y u no liek Infernape bae ;~;
Have you ever peaked any ladders? If so, which one(s)?
Do you have any siblings?
What is your favourite starter of all time? Base, middle, and fully evolved
What is one thing you would really like to see in the next gen of Pokemon?
What is your favourite gen?
Who is your favourite gym leader? E4? Champ?
If you could give one Pokemon one move what would it be and why?
What is a Pokemon that you think TrollFreak completely screwed over?
What do you think is the most pressing thing that needs a ban in any OM?

Other stuff:
Looking forward to seeing your new OM!
Also:
I'm also not good at everything :p <--- lies
I wouldn't be the next in line anyway <---lies
Tell me where your school is so I can come to it imo

Also, mfk:
unfix/EG/TI
Infernape/Blaziken/Emboar
Mr. Mime/Gliscor/Liepard
Simisage/Simisear/Simipour

Snaquaza

KACAW
Thx for answering! I edited some others in afterwards, but I guess you must have missed them so I'll re-ask them:
What type do you main in monotype? Bug
What Pokemon is on most of your teams? Lately Mega Metagross, just noticed it.
Best (most skillful) replay? I don't have many replays besides those from the Challenges room
Haxiest replay? ^
Fave replay? ^
Replay of you thrashing a skilled battler that you are particularly proud of? ^

New ones:
Y u no liek Infernape bae ;~; I don't dislike it either. My starter was Empoleon :)
Have you ever peaked any ladders? If so, which one(s)? I don't think I have
Do you have any siblings? No
What is your favourite starter of all time? Base, middle, and fully evolved Piplup, Grovyle, Empoleon
What is one thing you would really like to see in the next gen of Pokemon? Gazceit
What is your favourite gen? 3
Who is your favourite gym leader? E4? Champ? Candice, Phoebe, Steven
If you could give one Pokemon one move what would it be and why? I'd give Mega Rayquaza Sketch so people can go talk even more about how OP I am ;)
What is a Pokemon that you think TrollFreak completely screwed over? Half of the Mega's >_> Also Simisear
What do you think is the most pressing thing that needs a ban in any OM? Swagger in any OM it's not banned in yet

Other stuff:
Looking forward to seeing your new OM!
Also:
I'm also not good at everything :p <--- lies
I wouldn't be the next in line anyway <---lies
Tell me where your school is so I can come to it imo Somewhere in the Netherlands

Snaquaza

KACAW
If you could go to any place in the world in a one way trip, where would you go?
There are so many places, but I have always wanted to visit Australia or New Zealand. Want to visit Japan too. (Before you ask, have visited North America four times already)

Snaquaza

KACAW
#10 #Verbatim: The Emperor of Balanced Hackmons

Hey
Hello

How did you get into Pokemon?
One of my first games was Pokemon Sapphire for the game boy advance, I played Pokemon games up through gen 4 when I got involved with competitive battling on shoddy battle, then Pokemon Online, then Pokemon Showdown. I lurked smogon a lot while I was on shoddy, but didn't really make a profile until gen 5. I got a beta code to PS in its early days, back when there were about 10 people online at any given time. Eventually I got voice for being a good presence, then mods for working hard, and then leaders after that (drivers didn't exist at the time)

How did you think of BH?
Hackmons has its origins in the alpha of PS. When zarel challenged a user to test ou, and the user beat him with a crazy Pokemon because ability and move limits hadn't been invented yet. After Zarel fixed it he kept Hackmons as a separate meta and over time developed the first two bans (wonder guard and ohko moves). Rising Dusk was influential in pushing through the Pure Power and Huge Power bans, and after that i was given the responsibility of making decisions for the metagame so zarel could focus on development.

Do you like owning the metagame?
I don't specifically like being associated with "owning the metagame". I've had a lot of fun doing it but as time has worn on it's been harder and harder to find time to stay connected with the userbase, which is why The Immortal and Eevee General are helping me now. I stay with the process because i still care a lot about the flow of BH, and have very strong opinions about banning philosophy.

Why did you pick them to help you?
Both are extremely influential in Other Metagames in general and TI has usually been the person to update PS to take into account new bans and unbans and both are more involved in OM moderation. All three of us will be responsible for deciding what gets voted on and managing voting threads.

Who'd you choose if you had to choose another person to lead the metagame?
It's hard to say, i've thought a lot about this question in the past, and a lot of good candidates have either had activity issues, left, or made questionable calls regarding bans. The truth is that there are a lot of people that care a lot about BH and would probably do okay doing this, but from my experience tiering is extremely hard, and something that can easily be messed up by a skilled person. I think that if i decide that i'm comfortable enough to talk about why someone would be a good choice, it will be after they've been promoted.

Then who'd you consider the best Balanced Hackmons player right now?
I'm an offensive player by general, so i tend to give a lot of importance to whatever E4 Flint has to say, that's not to say that there aren't other extremely good players. Recently Lcass4919 and Rumors have been great in the suspect discussion thread

What do you think of the current metagame?
I see a lot of parallels to the middle of gen v, where offense and defense are both viable.

What is your favorite Pokemon?
I have a soft spot for escavalier from gen 5, who hit a bunch of very specific niches with Prankster Copycat Gyro Ball and prankster destiny bond, he doesn't really exist in gen 6 since the metagame has changed and he's been outclassed by Mega Aggron, but I still have a soft spot for him.

What is your favorite playstyle?
I usually tend to play hyper offense, focusing on misdirection and trickery to get past counters.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Is there anywhere where I can find the most common sets for BH? I know some generic sets from lurking, searching, and laddering, but I don't know all of them and I'm trying to get into BH.
What is your least favourite Pokemon in BH?
What is your favourite Pokemon in BH?
What do you think will be the next banworthy thing now that Assist and Chatter are gone?

Any possibility of old evs coming back?
Which is better, gen 5 or gen 6 bh?
Is unburden ho-oh god?
Favorite smogon emote?
Favorite non-OM meta?

As a hyper offense player, if you were forced to play Adrian levels of stall from now on in Pokemon, how quickly would you quit?

Which Pokemon in BH do you see as both viable but sorely underrated?

If a real BH UU were to become a thing, would you base it on removing the most commonly used Pokemon or do you feel removing the most commonly used abilities would be better? And why?

Hypothetical question, but one I worry about ever since the EV limit was discovered: if BH became literally impossible to play on a cart because of built-in checks for illegal moves and abilities for battles against other players came into existence similar to how EVs are checked, what course of action would you take for the metagame?

What's your most favorite additions to the BH metagame Gen VI gave us? Least favorite besides 510 (though you can mention that one too if you want)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)