np: Rating Practice Team Round #31 - When You Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the newest round of rating practice teams. If you're an aspiring rater, then these will hopefully allow you to pick up on and address any problems with your rating, provide you with experience rating teams that have been specifically made to be as tough to rate as possible, and make you think creatively in order to find the best changes for the team. Any rates we receive will be replied to with personalized feedback by an official Team Rater. At the end of the round, we'll give some general hints and feedback on how things went, and post the best rate that we received as an example of how to rate the team.

After speaking with some other team raters, we have decided to include teams for non-OU metagames in this round of rating practice teams (and potentially future rounds, depending on the interest shown in this round). Before you ask, you may rate more than one practice team, and your rate(s) will get feedback proportional to the amount of effort you put into it / them. PM all rates to Trinitrotoluene by 23 March 2015, and make separate PMs for each team you rate. Indicate which tier your rate is for in the title of your PM!

Practice Teams by Tier:

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OU Practice Team by Trinitrotoluene
|
|
|
|
|

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Charizard is this team's main sweeper thanks to its ability to set up on and demolish some of the top OU threats, such as Mega Sableye and Landorus. The speed EVs give Charizard just enough speed to outrun Choice Scarf Landorus-T after one Dragon Dance and rip it (along with anything slower) apart with Tough Claws-boosted Flare Blitzes. Earthquake gives Charizard an out against Heatran and Mega Diancie that doesn't involve taking large amounts of recoil in the process, and Roost keeps Charizard healthy and ready to sweep. The rest of the team mitigates the lack of a Dragon-type STAB.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Hippowdon is amazing. It takes hits from both sides of the offensive spectrum quite well and gets rocks up reliably, and thanks to Slack Off, it becomes extremely difficult to wear down. It also checks threats like Excadrill, Thundurus, and Tyranitar that would otherwise keep Charizard from sweeping. Stone Edge keeps Hippowdon from becoming Talonflame set-up bait and allows Hippowdon to more reliably check Mega Charizard-Y.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

While Spikes are not as necessary in the current metagame, I still find myself using them. Why? Because they help punish the opponent's switches even harder than possible with just Stealth Rock alone. For this team, I decided to use Ferrothorn due to its ability to set up Spikes reliably and consistently, all while providing a strong response to opposing Water-types, such as Gyarados and Starmie. Leech Seed is neat for extending the lifespan of many of the mons on this team, and it's also a great way to force switches, which helps Charizard by getting more damage onto the opponent's team. Protect lets me scout Choiced Pokemon and take a better course of action.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 16 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is the team's main Keldeo check and only hazard remover. Since I use Spikes and Stealth Rock, I didn't want to use Defog since that will remove my own hazards in the process. This left Rapid Spinners as the only feasible option for hazard removal. While I normally would use Excadrill, it exacerbated a Water-type weakness and added a vulnerability to mons like Breloom. This leaves me with Starmie, which is conveniently faster than all of the base 110s and Thundurus. For this team, I opted for a more defensive Starmie so I could check Keldeo and spin more often. Reflect Type lets me keep Starmie alive against Bisharp, which is always a nice thing.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Raikou gives the team a strong check to many pertinent threats in the current OU metagame, which is always a nice thing to have. Volt Switch lets me bring in a teammate for free, while HP Ice lets Raikou hit dragons, Gliscor, and Landorus-T hard. Shadow Ball deals heavy damage to Celebi and the Lati twins, mons that many people often switch in to tank a Volt Switch.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Scizor gives the team a pivot, momentum grabber, and revenge killer for several boosted sweepers, including Rock Polish Landorus and Mega Diancie. Early on, I'll just click U-turn to get free switch-ins and scout my opponent. Later on, I'll save Scizor for when I need to revenge kill faster Pokemon, and should Charizard go down during its sweep, I can use Scizor to clean up the rest of the opponent's team.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
Ubers Practice Team by haxiom
|
|
|
|
|

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Calm Mind Kyogre is intended as the primary win condition of the team, and a lot of the team is designed to support its ability to tear holes in or sweep the opposing team. It also serves as a secondary Kyogre switch-in, as opposing Kyogre could otherwise come in on Groudon and get a kill most of the time. Ice Beam is utilized here, since Blizzard's raw power is not as needed because Latias and Latios are taken care of by Pursuit support.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Pursuit

Aegislash is used for a few reasons on this team, but one of the most important points is that it can Pursuit trap Latias and Latios, which are some of the best Kyogre checks in the Ubers metagame. In addition to this, it helps take pressure off of Groudon in checking Xerneas, and also helps against Mewtwo to an extent. Groudon also commonly comes in on Aegislash, and a well timed Toxic from Aegislash will put significant pressure on opposing Groudon, making it easier for Kyogre to put in a significant amount of work.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Groudon was selected here, as there is very little reason to not use it in the Ubers metagame. Stealth Rock is a mandatory move on every Ubers team, and Groudon is a very effective setter of it. I chose a more defensive set, because I would like to minimize the damage which my own Kyogre takes, and I did this by making Groudon bulky so that it is not overwhelmed by opposing Kyogre as easily.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Body Slam
- Defog

I opted for defensive Salamence, because I needed a defogger and a check to Groudon mostly, and running Latias or Latios would be borderline redundant in terms of checking Kyogre. Salamence also checks a lot of other physical threats which are dangerous for this team, namely Extreme Killer Arceus and Ho-Oh, thanks to great physical bulk and Intimidate. It also spreads paralysis with Body Slam, which helps alleviate one of Kyogre's main flaws: its mediocre speed.

Arceus @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp

Arceus-Fairy was used to check Dark-types like Yveltal and Darkrai on this build, by virtue of its typing. It also checks Salamence to an extent, and can be an auxiliary win condition with Calm Mind. I chose Will-O-Wisp here, because it can help out against threats like Extreme Killer Arceus, and take pressure off of Salamence.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 24 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Yveltal is here as a secondary wallbreaker and check to Arceus-Ghost. It also serves as a soft check to Groudon, since it can threaten with a powerful Dark Pulse, prevent status and Stealth Rock with Taunt, and is immune to Ground. However, it is not an exceptional check. Its role as a Arceus-Ghost check is more important, since this team struggles against it and is forced to let Kyogre take a lot of damage.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
UU Practice Team by IronBullet93
|
|
|
|
|

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Cobalion sets up rocks and keeps my momentum going with Volt Switch. Its great dual STABs and bulk makes it a solid check to a myriad of threats such as Lucario, Hydreigon, Haxorus, and Mega Aerodactyl. HP is maximised to increase Cobalion's bulk, while the Speed EVs let it outspeed Mienshao. The rest is put into Attack to boost its attacking power slightly.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Mega Blastoise has an important role as my team's Rapid Spinner, clearing the entry hazards which troubles Honchkrow and Rotom-H in particular. I prefer the extra power that Hydro Pump provides over Scald's better accuracy and burn choice. Dark Pulse hits the Ghosts that block spin, while Ice Beam provides coverage against Dragon-types such as Salamence and Hydreigon. Mega Blastoise is also my primary switch-in to powerful Fire-types such as Entei and Darmanitan, being able to tank their hits easily and OHKO back.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Honchkrow is the team's main wall-breaker. If it manages to snag a Moxie boost, it is near impossible to counter. Brave Bird is an extremely powerful STAB move, and backed up by Life Orb, STAB and a 125 base Attack it destroys most things that don't resist it. Sucker Punch is used for priority, dealing massive damage to the faster Pokemon who come in to revenge kill Honchkrow. Pursuit works well with Moxie, allowing Honchkrow to grab the Attack boost from Pokemon that are trying to switch out. Superpower smashes the Steel- and Rock-types that attempt to switch into Brave Bird such as Mega Aggron and Tyrantrum.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- U-turn
- Moonblast

Whimsicott is my main counter to the threatening Fighting- and Dragon-types in the tier. Its ability Prankster and its great support movepool allow it to disrupt the opponent's team. Encore cripples many set-up Pokemon, allowing Whimsicott to take advantage of the opponent being forced to switch by using U-turn to gain momentum for my team. Stun Spore is great to stop fast sweepers in their tracks. It is especially useful for Honchkrow and Nidoqueen who appreciate the paralysis support. Moonblast is a solid STAB move to keep Fighting-types such as Heracross and Dragon-types such as Hydreigon in check.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick

Rotom-H's great Special Attack and Speed with a Scarf makes it a great revenge killer for my team. Volt Switch allows Rotom-H to revenge kill Water- and Flying-types while simultaneously gaining momentum. Thunderbolt provides a stronger, more reliable STAB to hit Pokemon that Volt Switch is too weak against such as Suicune. Overheat destroys the Grass-types that resist Electric attacks, while Trick cripples walls that otherwise tank Rotom-H's moves easily such as Snorlax and Blissey.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave

Nidoqueen provides my team with a Toxic Spikes absorber, Volt Switch immunity and another powerful wallbreaker with its ability Sheer Force. Earth Power and Sludge Wave are great STAB moves, being able to OHKO or 2HKO a large portion of the tier. Ice Beam has great additional coverage and is also boosted by Sheer Force. Toxic Spikes helps wear down bulky Pokemon such as Hippowdon and Suicune, making it easier for Honchkrow to break past them. Nidoqueen also gives me another check to Fighting-types such as Heracross and Mienshao.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
RU Practice Team by galbia
|
|
|
|
|

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance

Virizion is the Pokemon i decided to build around. It is quite a strong physical sweeper that has the advantage of being able to deal with a lot of physical walls in the tier such as Alomomola thanks to Grass-type STAB. Zen Headbutt is used over Stone Edge as it hits Amoonguss and Delphox isnt a threat to my team/takes a lot from +2 CC.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Camerupt pairs well with Virizion resisting Fire-type attacks and enjoying Virizion to deal with Water types. It is my Stealth Rock setter and check to Electric-types.

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Aqua Tail

Eelektross is used to give momentum to my team and to threaten opposing Water-types with Electric type attacks. Aqua Tail is used to check Mega Camerupt who wants to stop Volt Switch.

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Future Sight

Assault Vest slowking is my switch in to Psychic-type attacks. It is pretty bulky with Assault Vest and Future Sight is a cool move to force my opponent into making predictable plays.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Cobalion is my secondary Physical sweeper and is able to deal with Amoonguss very well with Substitute (unless it carries Hp Fire). It is also my main switch in to Pokemon such as Tyrantrum and has Leftovers to stay healthy.

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball

Offensive CM Meloetta is my special wallbreaker. It becomes powerful very quickly with Calm Mind and max Special Attack and sets up with ease against Pokemon such as Amoonguss and AV Slowking.

Last edited:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
NU Practice Team by Brawlfest
|
|
|
|
|

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Scyther is the team's wallbreaker and primary offensive pivot, and helps to pressure fastmons like Jynx or Typhlosion. Furthermore, it softens up the team's weakness to CM psychic types should it lose Liepard, and forces tons of switches on fighting and grass types with its heavy hitting U-Turn and Aerial Ace.

Liepard @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Encore
- U-turn

Another check to bulky CM Psychics my team is weak to such as Musharna or Xatu, but more importantly it is a cold stop to setup pokemon. On a predicted setup, a simple switch will completely shut down the sweeper, and furthermore on a mispredict its powerful Sucker Punch is more than enough to shut most frail sweepers down.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Giga Drain
- Roost
- U-turn

Pivot Xatu is easily the best Xatu right now for the simple reason that it easily wears down physical threats like Hariyama, Sawk, and Kangaskhan without much worry, while being one of the most reliable stops to hazards. Night Shade > Psychic so things like Klinklang and Mawile can't setup free, and Giga Drain to get a better matchup on SR users.

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pivot Tangela is easily one of the greatest tanks in the NU tier, packing a surprisingly powerful Leaf Storm, and being a great bait for opposing grass types. Even without physdef investment, it gets free switches into physical mons repeatedly especially with regenerator to fire off more Leaf Storms and Sleep Powders to cripple opponents.

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Assault Vest Lanturn is a really cool pokemon at the moment because it checks all of the things Hariyama is supposed to, but takes less damage, checks fire, water, and electric mons which my team is weak to, and maintains momentum with Volt Switch. It is also a great bluff for SpecsTurn to catch stuff, and spreads burn early game like crazy.

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Offensive Pivot Probopass with Stealth Rocks is just a really fun pokemon. It isn't necessarily strong or bulky, but it is a great glue which can check a lot of flying and ice types with relative ease, can force out weaker pokemon and gain momentum, and hits pretty hard with Flash Cannon on the plus side.

Last edited:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
LC Practice Team by Corporal Levi
|
|
|
|
|

Mienfoo @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
IVs: 9 HP
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Mienfoo is a very popular Pokemon for a good reason, and here it is running a Life Orb set designed to break specific walls. Reckless Life Orb High Jump Kick OHKOs standard fast Eviolite Mienfoo over half the time, and a combination of Knock Off and High Jump Kick KOs physically defensive Vullaby on the switch. Aerial Ace is used over Acrobatics because a combination of Knock Off and Aerial Ace KOs an incoming full health Foongus or Croagunk. U-Turn is for when it is too risky to use another attack.

Abra @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Life Orb Abra is another wall-breaker for the team specifically to lure in and 2HKO Spritzee, as well as in case Mienfoo misses or is taken out by surprise. Although it is bit less effective at breaking walls overall, its high speed allows it to better hold its own against offensive teams, where it can almost always nab a KO every time it comes in. Hidden Power Fighting hits Pawniard on the switch, Energy Ball deals with Chinchou and Drilbur, and Dazzling Gleam prevents Scraggy from setting up on Abra.

Lileep @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 220 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Ancient Power
- Recover

The first two Pokemon were fairly offensive in nature so Lileep may seem like an odd choice, but the lack of methods to block hazard removal makes a Pokemon capable of repeatedly applying hazards quite helpful. Other than being a Stealth Rock setter, Lileep is also capable of repeatedly checking various Water-types and Fletchling with its good typing and bulk.

Froakie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 28 HP / 72 Atk / 184 SpA / 4 SpD / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

Froakie acts as the team's revenge-killer with Choice Scarf and its high base Speed. Hydro Pump heavily damages most offensive Pokemon, while Ice Beam is a more reliable attack for possible late-game sweeps. U-Turn allows Froakie to scout for switch-ins and gain momentum for the team. Hidden Power Fire is specifically to lure out and KO Ferroseed.

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 76 SpA / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Specially Defensive Porygon checks a number of threats that the team would otherwise lose to, most notably Omanyte and Bellsprout; it also renders opposing Chinchou a complete liability when used in conjunction with Lileep. The given moves allow Porygon to defeat key threats such as Bellsprout, Omanyte, and Fletchling, and Recover lets Porygon stick around.

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Skrelp is included to patch up a few of the team's holes by checking Fighting- and Fairy-types and absorbing Toxic Spikes, as well as acting as an excellent bulky attacker in general. Two Water-type STAB moves are run so that either can be used depending on what the situation calls for, and Hidden Power Fire heavily damages opposing Ferroseed.

Last edited:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
Before I begin, I would like apologize to everyone who has taken an interest in this project. I have been slacking on this project because of irl issues, and I have forgotten to make the closing post. I won't slack like this next time. So, without further ado, the user who submitted the best rate this round was Moonclawz, who submitted a rate for the ou team I posted! He offered changes that optimized the functionality of the team as a whole without taking too much away from the team's original synergy. Here's his rate:
Moonclawz said:
This is a pretty cool balanced team. Starmie + Ferrothorn + Hippodown form a generally solid bulky core, while Zard-X, Raikou and Scizor help maintain offensive presence.

One of the largest problems with the problems with the team is the lack of any ground-type resists/immunities (after Charizard Mega-evolves) despite having 2 ground-type weaknesses. This means once Hippodown is weakened, opposing ground-type such as Excadrill and Garchomp can just spam Earthquake to quickly weaken down your team.

Other problem I found is a weakness to opposing Charizard. Opposing Charizard-Y can very easily switch-in on Ferrothorn and Scizor, and then proceed to rip holes in your team with Fire Blast. Although, your Charizard-X can switch into Zard-Y if there's no Stealth Rocks, before Mega-Evolving it takes around 60% from Fire Blast. In addition, opposing Zard-Y can set-up on Ferrothorn or Scizor and rip apart your team if Hippodown is weakened.

Finally, Substitute Gyarados can be somewhat problematic since after Intimidate, Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball will fail to break its Subs. Additionally, Gengar and Keldeo can punch a lot of holes with their strong STAB moves (Keldeo especially since Starmie can be trapped by Tyranitar).

Suggestions:

I think you should run a Thunderus with Thunderbolt, HP Ice, Focus Blast, and Thunder Wave over Specs Raikou. Thundurus gives your team an important ground-type immunity and fighting-type weakness, which helps improve your team's synergy. In addition, Thunderus can switch moves, which helps prevent it from becoming set-up fodder, and has priority Thunder Wave to cripple set-up sweepers, giving your team an emergency check to many Pokemon. Finally, with Focus Blast, Thunderus gives your team another way to beat weakened Ferrothorn. (Before your other reliable way of beating Ferrothorn was Zard-X.)

In addition, I think you can run a Latias with Defog, Roost, Psyshock, and Draco Meteor over Starmie. Latias can check Keldeo like Starmie, but also can the benefit of checking Charizard-Y and giving your team another Ground-type immunity. You can also run Reflect Type and Dragon Pulse over Psyshock/Draco Meteor to give Latias an easier time with Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar.

On Hippodown, I would run Sand Force over Sand Stream. Sand Stream chips off damage to Charizard, Latias, and Thunderus, which decreases their longevity. As such, Sand Force Hippodown gives your team a bit of extra longevity, and also is better against opposing Excadrill.

Finally, I think you should run Leftovers on Ferrothorn with Power Whip over Spikes. With Latias using Defog, Spikes are no longer as useful. Instead, Power Whip allows Ferrothorn to beat Gyarados more easily, as well as serving as Keldeo check at full health. Ferrothorn really appreciates the Leftovers recovery, especially combined with Protect, as it gives it much longer longevity.

Hope this helps!

Sets:
Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
A problem that we noticed in a bunch of the submitted practice rates was that they often changed too much of the original team. While these changes did fix up the weaknesses the team had, they changed the team so much that the team is unrecognisable from its original iteration, which is something any rater should want to avoid when making rates. To reiterate, it's ok to suggest changes in your rate, but don't make too many changes to the team you're rating.

Again, I am deeply sorry for not getting this post out sooner. This will not happen again. From me, thanks to everyone who submitted a practice rate for this round, and thanks to all the raters that are working with me to make this project a reality. The next round should be up by this Friday or next Friday.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD OR YOU WILL HAVE YOUR POST DELETED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)