FightCade [Arcade Online Gaming Platform] JOIN THE SKYPE CONV

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
FightCade is an arcade online gaming platform (duh).

What is that though ?

Basically, all these arcade games, such as King of Fighters, Marvel VS Capcom, Garou, Street Fighter Alpha something, Last Blade (<3), Metal Slug... and a ton of other ones I actually never tried yet, are available and free to play by emulation via an online platform.

What is the point though ?

You can fucking play with other people. Yea, you heard me right. Everybody can connect (just like... say, Pokémon Online or Shoddy) and challenge someone else on one of the arcade games available.
Basically, me and you, could connect and play a bunch of Street Fighter just like if we were in an arcade room.
Most of the times, you're gonna be chall'd by some random brasilians/mexicans, I feel like this platform deserves more love though, that's why I'm trying to get some people in here ! (and maybe do tournaments, hell, why not)

You mentionned fighting games, is that all there is ?

Hell no, there are a ton of other arcade genres, Beat' em ups, Shooters, some rare coop adventure games and a bunch of weird japanese shit I can't quite classify.

How many players can play ?

As far as I know, only two. Which is quite a pity when you want to play games such as Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara.
However, you can spectate other's people games, which is a pretty nice feature !

What do I need to play ?

Well, I'd say that you NEED a controller, or an arcade pad if you're this kind of nerd.
And I guess a computer ?

How do I install this shit ? Sounds complicated.

It's a piece of cake, like really.

1) Go there
2) Register and shit (that'll be your login when you'll have to connect to the online platform)
3) Download the software

Now that you got everything installed, you'll need to install the components needed to emulate the games :

4) Go there (it's the safest website I know in terms of compatibility with the software)
^CHECK OUT ALL THESE GAMES AVAILABLE
5) Download the Neo Geo BIOS (this)
6) You toss this file (you don't have to unzip it) inside your Roms fodder (that is inside the FightCade fodder you're supposed to have installed previously)

Now you just need to look for some games, for instance if you want to play some Last Blade 2 or KOF02 :

7) You look for its Rom here
8) Download it (here for Last Blade 2, or here for King Of Fighters 2002)
9) Toss the file you just downloaded inside your Roms fodder (again, you can leave it unzip'd)

And then ?...

Now, all you have to do is to look inside the fodder and start FightCade

You fill in your login and password, and then here's what you'll see :

You look for the game you want to play by scrolling on the left, and you left click onto it. This way, you'll enter the game's lobby. You'll see all the players that are inside the lobby (on the right of the picture) and there is a little chat box (on the middle of the screenshot).

Now, you're free to chall whoever you want to unleash your wrath onto by double clicking onto his nick ! Don't forget to edit the control inputs by pressing F5 (you'll have to do it for every different game, but the inputs are saved).
So far I've been playing with McMeghan , boudouche and Alf' , so hit us up if you want to join the party !

Share your experiences with the different games on this topic, or look for players !

Last edited:

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
NO, Children of the Atom is a fighting game, the one I listed is a brawler/platformer so I guess not. o well, I should see if my friends wanna play sf2 or tekken 3 or smth

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
NO, Children of the Atom is a fighting game, the one I listed is a brawler/platformer so I guess not. o well, I should see if my friends wanna play sf2 or tekken 3 or smth
You can ask for games to be added though, as long as they can work with the engine (see the website).

Reymedy

ne craint personne
Yo.

Bumping this because :

- Updated the OP with new links, some of the old ones were broken, and I found a better website to look for roms

- I have a King Of Fighters avatar

- Some new players are starting to join us. So if you want to play with the "retired" Pokémon players CBB or Bloo, join us. Trust me, kicking their ass on Fightcade is better than getting haxed by them on Pokémon.

- I made a Skype group, PM/VM/whatever me to be added

Finally, if you don't have a controller and are unsure about what to buy, or if you have issues setting-up Fightcade, feel free to ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)