Starter Overload - Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In this tournament, you're only allowed to use Pokemon that were starters in Pokemon games, which includes the evolutions of said Pokemon. However, this isn't just limited to the mainstream series, and also includes spin-offs. For reference, here is a list of Pokemon that were starters in Pokemon games, as well as listing which spin-off a Pokemon was a starter in.

Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Rattata (Pokemon Rumble)
Pikachu
Vulpix (Mystery Dungeon)
Meowth (Mystery Dungeon)
Psyduck (Mystery Dungeon)
Growlithe (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Machop (Mystery Dungeon)
Cubone (Mystery Dungeon)
Eevee (Mystery Dungeon / Colosseum / XD)
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Togepi (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Mareep (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Elekid (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Wooper (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Teddiursa (XD (Was Mandatory To Catch))
Phanpy (Mystery Dungeon)
Treecko
Mudkip
Azurill (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Skitty (Mystery Dungeon)
Plusle (Pokemon Ranger)
Minun (Pokemon Ranger)
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Pachirisu (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Buneary (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Munchlax (Mystery Dungeon)
Riolu (Mystery Dungeon)
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Axew (Mystery Dungeon 3DS)
Chespin
Fennekin

As for the banlist, there will be no Mega Stones in this tournament, since there are very few Pokemon here if any at all that can take on big threats such as Mega Charizard X and Y, Mega Venusaur, etc.... Additionally, Drought + Chlorophyll are not allowed on the same team, since I feel that Ninetales + Venusaur cores would be too powerful without this rule. Also, I'm aware that Wynaut and Wobbuffet are also candidates for this tournament, but I've chosen to exclude them, since there aren't that many threats that can take them on, and would likely be a centralizing force. Finally, this is a best of 1, standard ORAS OU tournament, so Greninja and Blaziken are banned.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What about Starly? It is one of the three starters available in Ranger 2, while Plusle and Minun are in for Ranger 1. (the others are pachirisu and munchlax as far as I remember so they don't matter)

Also In

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What about Starly? It is one of the three starters available in Ranger 2, while Plusle and Minun are in for Ranger 1. (the others are pachirisu and munchlax as far as I remember so they don't matter)

Also In
Oh yeah, forgot about Starly. That's allowed, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)