Seasonal Ladder [July: Fireworks Frenzy]

[player] withdrew Lyto (Lanturn)!
[player] sent out innovamania (Arceus)!
The opposing innovamania's divine grace drastically raised its Attack!
The opposing innovamania's divine grace drastically raised its Defense!
The opposing innovamania's divine grace drastically raised its Special Attack!
The opposing innovamania's divine grace drastically raised its Special Defense!
The opposing innovamania's divine grace drastically raised its Speed!
The opposing innovamania's divine grace drastically raised its accuracy!
@innovamania: These Black Glasses sure look cool
The opposing innovamania was badly poisoned!
Imanalt used FREE GENV BH!
Imanalt used Earthquake!
The opposing innovamania lost 11% of its health!
The opposing innovamania was hurt by poison!
Turn 8
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
Imanalt used Heart Swap!
Imanalt switched stat changes with the target!

This was my best moment ever

EV

Banned deucer.
Imanalt used Earthquake!
Turn 8
Imanalt used Heart Swap!

Well that's Gen V BH for ya.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Imanalt used Earthquake!
Turn 8
Imanalt used Heart Swap!

Until you face Unaware Poliwrath :D

I made this account just so I could comment on how much of a blast this has been. Before this, I pretty much only played Showdown maybe once a month. Now I battle multiple times every day, trying my hardest to climb up that elusive ladder... which brings me to my next point.

As the song goes, I've battled every day to claim my rightful place, but I'm finding it a bit hard to "each Pokemon to understand" when there are so few. The best part of SSB, I believe, was discovering every change present... and I've discovered them all.

Memorized 'em, too.

If only there was some way to add new Pokemon to the meta... perhaps based on a tiering system? A "ladder," if you will? I'd say it's needed. Not just convenient, but needed. Especially since we have two Gastrodon, two Shuckle, an entirely luck-based Unown, an almost entirely luck-based Xatu, a useless Arceus, and a nigh-useless Weavile. (Sorry, Shame That.) Variety is the spice of life, but those specific Pokemon frequently turn out to be dead weight. Or, in the case of Innovamania, teamkillers. I couldn't count on one hand the number of Heart Swaps I've used on that powerless God.

While I'm on the topic, I'd like to say this is an amazingly balanced meta. Given that pretty much every 'Mon is OP in some form, it's pretty amazing the end result turned out as good as it did. Throwing new Pokemon into the mix would, I imagine, involve some rebalancing. I can't picture that being used as a reason to reject new 'Mons, however. And, given the positive reaction to Sammy-kun-sama's post on page 9, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

There is one 'Mon whose depths I have yet to plumb, however. It's that godforsaken sword, +Cathy. What the heck do her moves do? Does ANYONE know? I know Patent Hilarity is ghost and has priority, and I know HP Display Policy is hyper-Memento, but what are the other ~4?

Oh, and it goes without saying, but I too would like to have this meta be saved for later use.

There is one 'Mon whose depths I have yet to plumb, however. It's that godforsaken sword, +Cathy. What the heck do her moves do? Does ANYONE know? I know Patent Hilarity is ghost and has priority, and I know HP Display Policy is hyper-Memento, but what are the other ~4?
Other 4? I've only ever had the same move set which as I recall is really King's Shield, Flash Cannon, Shadow Sneak, HP Display Policy.

Are you sure? I was just reading off the definition so I am probably wrong: ~The Immortal - Sleep Walk - When not asleep, causes the user to go sleep and heal all HP. Also, it causes the random move from the movepool (other than Sleep Walk) to be called, as well as remove all negative stat boosts after using that move. I apologize if I didn't read something properly.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Are you sure? I was just reading off the definition so I am probably wrong: ~The Immortal - Sleep Walk - When not asleep, causes the user to go sleep and heal all HP. Also, it causes the random move from the movepool (other than Sleep Walk) to be called, as well as remove all negative stat boosts after using that move. I apologize if I didn't read something properly.
Ah, I misunderstood what you meant by that. That would be a graphical error, your stats should function exactly as they would've if they didn't have the negative boosts. Paging Joim regardless so he can make the boost more apparent

Attention. Kostitsyn-Kun's signature move, "Kawaii-desu uguu~~," is not halted through the use of Heal Block. I believe this is because it was "written over" Refresh, a move which does not normally heal. Am I correct in assuming this is an oversight, or possibly a glitch?

7.8/10 Too many staff members
But in all seriousness, this has been the best seasonal yet. This should be a regular OM.

Bug Report:
Are status moves that do damage as a secondary effect supposed to go through Wonder Guard? I don't have a replay, but Audioshield hit through Redew's Wonder Guard. I'll edit this with a replay if I can.

Bug Report:
Are status moves that do damage as a secondary effect supposed to go through Wonder Guard? I don't have a replay, but Audioshield hit through Redew's Wonder Guard. I'll edit this with a replay if I can.
This isn't a bug, Wonder Guard only applies to attacks, not status moves of any kind.

I also found out that even when you're Taunted ("Bot Mute") you can still 'use' a move like Sleep Walk, as in you can click it, but it will of course say that you can't use it.

Shouldn't it be the case that you won't be able to click it at all (As in, the button will be disabled)? This is in fact the case with the already existsing status moves. But the new ones don't follow that logic.

Also, please consider reducing the PPs of all the new moves. If I'm informed correctly, some of them have 50 PPs, which is ridiculous. If not, ignore this paragraph.

kind of dick to put that arceus set. at least, let rage quit do some damage, it's basically playing 5-6 with a HUGE setup bait for the oponent who will screw you if any forced-switching move puts him on the field

holy shit joim and co you owe me a new pair of underwear because i pissed myself laughing at how hilarious this seasonal is this is one of the best one yet from you guys and i'll be really sad to see this one go.

innovamania...why must you be so incredibly useless? ;-;
Seriously though, this meta is freaking awesome...I'm gonna be so sad when it's gone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)