Enter the Dragon Type - HA Amaura as Entry Prize [END]

btw I think there is a chance for this event to turn out like the Halloween competition, where the rules said you must have a gourgeist in your team... but in reality you are forced to use it in battle. Maybe the same will apply here with the mandatory dragon type pokemon in the battle box. So everyone should prepare for this scenario just in case this happens again.
It's not a bring 6 pick 4 competetition. You only get to bring 4 so your dragon is always used.

My first draft for the Dragon Cup, aka super bog standard team!
I welcome you to point out all the holes in my team :P

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Hidden Power (Fire)

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Effect Spore (might rebreed to change...)
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect
- Spore

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Akt / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Air Lock
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent

Aegislash @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Akt
Stance Change
Quiet Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
Things I'd consider changing:

- Earth power over hidden power fire. Primal Groudon will be really popular, and earth power deals huge damage to it, as well as aegislash and dialga. Scizor, one of the main targets for HP fire, has Bullet punch anyways. I'd also consider changing its nature to naive or hasty (although that might be a bad idea, I haven't done any calcs for it)
- In such an extremely fast metagame with powerful pokemon, I don't think amoongus will take enough hits to make black sludge the best item on it. I'd consider rocky helmet, sitrus berry, or mental herb in its place.
- Iron head over flash cannon on aegi might help against geoxern, even without much atk investment
- Do you often have the time to set up a DD with rayquaza? If not, protect is really useful on it, since it is such a popular target due to its power.

Good luck! :)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can we use pokemon form past generations? (No blue pentagon)

Nobody is thinking about using MegaRayquaza?

cant say are you still looking for a Darkrai? I have a competitive one that I can trade you.
I still haven't even finalised my team yet, this whole 'bring 4 + must have a dragon' rule is killing all my ideas. On the one hand I would love to trade for the Darkrai because I really want to use him + Aero, but I also really want to use Diancie, but I can't find a non-legendary Dragon type to add to the team. I probably will get in touch to get one off you though :)

It's worth noting that LO Waterfall from MegaRay KOs both Mega Diancie and P-Don, two premier threats, which might make it worth running over Earthquake which doesn't score many immediate KOs and can compromise your team.

252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 140-166 (112 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 203-244 (98 - 117.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

I've tested a (Y)Mewtwo-Diancie-Ditto trio and have played around with Critdra/Dragonite/Salamance as the necessary Dragons.

Diancie @ Light Clay
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Diamond Storm
- Dazzling Gleam

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Aura Sphere
- Blizzard
- Calm Mind

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Hyper Voice

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature

======

As far as useable Mythical/Legendary pokemon go I've got only the two here and a random Shiny Reshiram (neutral nature) I got while WT some spit-backs. Information about my Diancie is that I was greedy and wanted her to be more of a 'jack of all trades' mon than just being locked into a specific Mega/Regular role, that is why her nature is neutral.

One thing I'm confused about is how everyone doesn't fall for my Diancie ruse. Any time I play against Darkrai he still DVs... is it that predictable?

I also have no expectations of doing well. This is my first doubles and I am lacking any serious mythical/legendary pokes.

I also have no expectations of doing well. This is my first doubles and I am lacking any serious mythical/legendary pokes.
Yeah, same here though for me its mostly cause I couldn't quite gather the motivation to properly think about teambuilding cause admittedly I'm pretty lazy. So, my team is mostly just made out of stuff I could soft reset for which lead to: "Use mega diancie against darkrai and dragons, Use Dialga against diancies and kyogre, Use Landorus-T against physical stuff with earthquake and...uh...I guess something bulky to use as a pivot? Yeah, let's go with Cressy and add in some speed control."
Though I've got no regrets since now I have 3 new rare mons with good IVs that I could use in future matches and I'll end up having fun anyway.

Really looking forward to this competition! After going back and forth between several decent teams, I started from scratch and built a new team in 3 min which I ended up liking it a lot, lol! If anyone wants to practice (Either wi-fi or PS), send me a PM! :)

Thought I'd put what I'm thinking of using and asking for help as I'm a complete noob to Battle Spot and constructing teams. I was planning on leading with Breloom and Rotom-W, spreading status around (using Hex as much as possible) before they die and then bringing in Crobat and Salamence to clean up.

Breloom Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spe - remainder seems to be in Atk and SpDef looking at Super Training
Drain Punch
Leech Seed
Protect
Spore

Rotom-W Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Natures: Modest
EVs: 52 HP, 252 SpA, 204 Spe
HP Ice
Will-O-Wisp
Hydro Pump
Hex

Salamence Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 Atk, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Dragon Pulse
Hydro Pump

Crobat Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SpDef, 252 Spe
Taunt
Brave Bird
Cross Poison
U-turn

Things I'm not sure about:

Crobat - replace Taunt with Protect or Tailwind?
Salamence - replace Earthquake with Hypervoice and rebreed for either Timid or Modest? Small problem here is that I'm not through the Delta Episode yet and haven't got Salamancite as I would like to use this as my mega.
What I'm weak against.

All comments and suggestions welcome but within reason please as I have no useable legendaries. Thanks :)

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Friendly reminder that the competition is now open (or will be very soon fuck timezones) so get your matches in folks :]

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Friendly reminder that the competition is now open (or will be very soon fuck timezones) so get your matches in folks :]
It's been going for 6 hours and 41 minutes. I'm just gonna go ahead and change the thread title so everyone knows, Meultima :)

fyi ethan, these things should start at 8am Friday and finish the same time Monday for you (coz you're gmt+8, right?)

I'm almost done with my first 10 matches... and I'm having a blast winning most of them 4-0 and not even using sylveon somtimes darkrai
Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Scizor (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Dark Void
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Sylveon (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Edit: yaaaaas 10-0 the meta is super fun the most menacing thing I face was a Dialga which makes sense has STAB against fairies and dragons and is neutral to them defensively.

some interesting battles I had
W7EG-WWWW-WWXM-68Q4 Arceus, Darkrai, Latios, Mega Mawile.
G83G-WWWW-WWXM-68ZH Mega-Diancie, Metagross, Rayquaza, Greninja
8KPW-WWWW-WWXM-68NL Smeargle, Tornadus, Arceus, Dialga

Last edited:
8-2 for the first day for me, totally remade my team after I noticed how 50/50 it was in free play (lots of others practiced their team there so managed to get some really good info!)

I want to share one of my biggest fuck up so far, it was just hilarious :P
KDDW-WWWW-WWXM-8JJX
Turn 2, I switched my Rayquaza instead of Earthquaking, which would probably kill both his damaged Garchomp and Diance with some help from Darkrai to finish off Garchomp.
And then I Dark Voided his Mega Diancie, Magic Bounce, it hits both my Sylveon i switched in and Darkrai...

Think that is a personal record of fuck ups in one turn :P

Edit: Also a short list of the Legendaries I met in day 1 if you are interested in that;
Diancie Mega, Arceus - Fairy, Victini, Kyogre, Dialga, Kyurem-W, Mewtwo-Y, Groudon, Rayquaza Mega and normal

Last edited:
Ok so 7-3 for me today, not bad considering how this format is like 20% Luck, 30% Playing and 50% Matchup. I hated team building for this format so I just stole a cool strategy a faced in the Generation Showdown, In Cherrim + P-Groudon. It work really well in every match I had a good matchup but Against Darkrai I had to resort to Giratina (you can see in a battle videos).

Ok here are my battle vids for today:

How I tryed to shut down Darkrai (I choked this one away):
24JG-WWWW-WWXC-7NYA

Me getting outplayed all day:
P5UG-WWWW-WWXM-8SDJ

I'll post my team at the end of day 3.

I went 9-1 first day, which I am somewhat unhappy with, considering that my loss came after losing to a Smeargle with Feint knocking out my Talonflame before I could Tailwind, and an insanely bulky Rayquaza :/ . I really hoped to go 10-0 because I didn't want to fall behind on the "free" matches early on. Might sound a bit cocky, but I found a team that have been wrecking PS the last days, so I had high ambitions going into this competition :)

This competition is extremely fun, in my opinion! One of my favorite parts in pokemon is teambuilding, and I find that much more relevant now that the somewhat luck-based team-preview is out of question.

Last edited:
Around 4-2 or so thus far, losing 2 extreme rubbish matches due to luck. Case in point: Sing from opposing M-Altaria hits twice in a row and said M-Altaria didn't get fully paralysed once throughout whole match even though Thunder Wave hit it since Turn 1 (took me around 4-5 turns trying to kill it while working with only 1 poke). Oh did I mention all the Dragon Rushes I've been getting are amazingly accurate as well while my Hydro Miss-es are really missing for fun? -.-" Thankfully I've already hit the required quota for Amaura...

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yay, I went 7-3 on the first day which was actually pretty good, considering two of my losses were immediate DCs on my part thanks to terrible reception in my room ;_; The one legitimate loss was to a Trick Room+Primal Groudon team that just outplayed me at every turn because my TR matchup is really bad, but all the others were a straightforward case of Diancie wrecking stuff. Here are some replays:

9ZXG-WWWW-WWXM-9GD6
Diancie and Aegislash dismantle a team. I feel that this one really showcases Diancie's speed tier and OHKOing ability.

D6MG-WWWW-WWXM-9HER
I dismantle a team with my two supports even as his Cresselia sets up dual screens in my face. Also I get a lucky burn on his Zekrom which made winning the match a lot easier.

I had a pretty nice win streak going until match 5 happened and I got completely ripped apart by a Choice scarfed (Presumably) water spout Kyogre. I was NOT prepared for that, unfortunately. Welp. I'll play the rest of the matches later.

I got 7-3 today, which is ok I guess, but I could have ended 9-1 because I brought the wrong Kangaskhan, which is really unfortunate. Also I have found some prettty cheeky stuff like Keckleon, Persian, Porygon 2 and Thunder Wave M-Manectric which I wasn´t expecting at all. Also I have not seen the first Landorus-T but I have already encountered 3 Garchomps which is REALLy surprising imo. I hava also seen a bunch of Lucarios.

In regards of Ubers pokemon I have encountered Darkrai, Xerneas, White Kyurem, Rayquaza, M-Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre.

Im gonna leave some replays:

-JRVW-WWWW-WWXM-5UUN (Feraligart - Latios - M-Manectric - Keckleon).

-V3XW-WWWW-WWXM-AHV2 (M-Kangaskhan - White Kyurem - Kingdra - Primal Kyogre).

-GEJW-WWWW-WWXM-AHTY (How to get haxed to death).

Huh, yeah, I actually haven't even seen a single Darkrai today which is surprising in hindsight. Anyway, I ended up winning 8 and losing 2. I got worried at the end cause apparently it disconnected but thankfully it was on the opponent side so I got the win. The most noteworthy battle I can share is one with a shiny fairy Arceus. I was gonna ask if that's even legal but I guess if it wasn't it would've triggered some sort of hack detection. 4JFW-WWWW-WWXM-AMWE

Huh, yeah, I actually haven't even seen a single Darkrai today which is surprising in hindsight. Anyway, I ended up winning 8 and losing 2. I got worried at the end cause apparently it disconnected but thankfully it was on the opponent side so I got the win. The most noteworthy battle I can share is one with a shiny fairy Arceus. I was gonna ask if that's even legal but I guess if it wasn't it would've triggered some sort of hack detection. 4JFW-WWWW-WWXM-AMWE
Yeah, the latest Japan event has a chance of a shiny Arceus.

I got 7-3 today, which is ok I guess, but I could have ended 9-1 because I brought the wrong Kangaskhan, which is really unfortunate. Also I have found some prettty cheeky stuff like Keckleon, Persian, Porygon 2 and Thunder Wave M-Manectric which I wasn´t expecting at all. Also I have not seen the first Landorus-T but I have already encountered 3 Garchomps which is REALLy surprising imo. I hava also seen a bunch of Lucarios.

In regards of Ubers pokemon I have encountered Darkrai, Xerneas, White Kyurem, Rayquaza, M-Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre.

Im gonna leave some replays:

-JRVW-WWWW-WWXM-5UUN (Feraligart - Latios - M-Manectric - Keckleon).

-V3XW-WWWW-WWXM-AHV2 (M-Kangaskhan - White Kyurem - Kingdra - Primal Kyogre).

-GEJW-WWWW-WWXM-AHTY (How to get haxed to death).
I also didnt see a sinlge landorus and did saw several chomps. Since this is dragon themed competition having landorus-t along with dragons makes your team super weak to Ice, which explains why people use garchomp so they can EQ the steel types and rek diancie.

Here's an example of someone forgetting/not knowing of mega Diancie's magic bounce: FAAG-WWWW-WWXM-Y47J
It's something I saw a lot of today, though luck wasn't always on my side cause I lost one match due to an agressive case of freeze hax that incapacitated my support Cressy for something like 5 turns in a row. (And I was so salty I forgot to save the vid. Oh well. :V ) I think my total is now 15 won and 5 lost which is pretty nice for my standards.

I finished day 2 as well with a 9-1 record, playing almost flawlessly all day! Man, how I love my team. Just like yesterday, I had one loss that will haunt me... I assumed that the opponents Rayquaza had extremespeed, which it didn't have. I would've won if I realized... so my rating is somewhere around 1715.

I also got a scandinavian match against Spoonfairy, which was epic :) Will upload team and battle videos after day 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)