ORAS OU I'm terrible with creative titles

Hello,

I've been in the team rating game for some time now, and rather than just rate other peoples squads I figured I'd post a squad of my own. This is a balanced team I have been working on for about a week now and I think it's pretty good overall. No team is without flaws however so here we go.

So I started off with what I think is a very underrated mon in the current meta, Mega Slowbro. Often overlooked in favor of its non-Mega counterpart, MegaBro is actually quite the building block. So I started there.

From there I looked to pick off Slowbro's weaknesses. An Electric weakness stood out so I went to tackle that first. Hippowdon seemed like a logical next step as a mixed spread checks common Electric types.

The next step was to seek a strong Grass type resist. Assault Vest Tornadus-T seemed like a great choice, as it also plugged several other holes as well.

From there my main defensive core was complete. Next I looked to a Defogger. I wanted to go in a more defensive direction with this choice, to add support to my main core and provide an emergecy check to some threats. Latias ended up being the better pick between herself and her brother (I've gone back and forth several times).

At this point I needed a strong wallbreaker against stall teams, and a check to Mega Sableye. I looked to Manaphy at this point.

Manaphy... didn't fit well for whatever reason. I found it just a tad but too slow and preferred a slightly faster wallbreaker who could revenge some threats in addition to holding a ton of power. Specs Keldeo was my answer.

Nearing the end, I felt my match-up with most playstyles was pretty good. However, I felt a fast revenge killer would suit my needs well. I especially wanted to revenge kill Metagross. I chose CM Raikou as it accomplished that purpose as provided a strong booster, something I was lacking.

The Team

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

The star of the show himself. Mega Slowbro's monstrous defense stat allows for heavy investment in either Special Attack or Special Defense. I choose Special Attack in this case because 130 Special Attack backed by heavy investment isn't exactly a cakewalk to deal with. Slowbro also has surprisingly wide coverage, allowing him to pressure common balanced cores members like Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, and Gliscor. Psyshock is used to check Keldeo, as well as to surprise Mega Venusaur that try to switch in on Scald. Other options over Psyshock include Grass Knot (for other (Mega) Slowbro) or Ice Beam (for Dragons). 40 EVs allow it to check Char-X at +1 after Rocks iirc. Also currently one of the best Talonflame counters in the meta.

Relevant threats checked: Char-X, Keldeo, DD Mega Altaria, Landorus-T, Talonflame, Banded Azumarill, Gliscor, Mega Lopunny, Dragonite, Excadrill, Garchomp, Mega Tyranitar lacking Crunch (aka most of them), RP Mega Metagross, Terrakion, Mega Aerodactyl, Mamoswine, Mega Pinsir, non-Mega Gyarados

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Hippo was added to check the many Electric types that give Slowbro trouble in OU. This specific EV spread allows it to take avoid the 2HKO from a Mega Manectric and LO Thundurus-I Hidden Power Ice. In addition, Hippo also checks a lot of the same threats that Slowbro does due to similar physical bulk. The EdgeQuake combo gives very solid coverage overall. Hippo also adds Rocks to the team, creating chip damage and generating free turns for when the opposing team has to Defog or Spin.

Relevant threats checked: Char-X, Mega Manectric, Mega Beedrill, Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Mega Lopunny, Landorus-T, Garchomp, Excadrill, Gengar, Thundurus, Raikou

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Now we turn our attention to the third member of my defensive backbone, Tornadus-T. Added as a solid Grass check, it also provides a rare hard check to Landorus-I. In addition, it also provides a large amount of general bulk with the Assault Vest, which it can use effectively due to Regenerator. Hurricane and Focus Blast are a strong yet inaccurate combo that can pressure offensive teams. Knock Off provides a lot of overall utility, and in particular cripples Gengar. U-Turn can gain a lot of momentum in a hurry, and the more times Torn-T switches out the more health it can recover. It is EVed to outspeed Scarf TTar and OHKO Keldeo with Hurricane, with the leftovers thrown into HP for added bulk.

Relevant Threats checked: Mega Sceptile, Serperior, Landorus-I, Keldeo, Gengar, Mega Venusaur, Mega Gallade, Volcarona, Hyper Voice Mega Altaria, Timid Mega Alakazam

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog
- Roost

After I had built out my defensive backbone, I needed Defog support. Latias seemed like a logical choice, and it also added quite a bit from a defensive perspective. It also checks the former mentioned Electrics, as well as providing a second check to Landorus-I (how many Rock Slide / Knock Off Lando-I exist? exactly). Hidden Power Fighting was an interesting choice, but Latias was an excellent Bisharp lure. Psyshock is in general a better choice, but I already had Mega Venu covered by Torn-T. Dragon / Fighting is pretty solid coverage so small loss there.

Relevant threats checked: Mega Manectric, Landorus-I, Thundurus-I, Keldeo, HP Ground Volc, Raikou

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Once I had built out my defensive core, I needed a strong wallbreaker, and Mega Sableye check. SubCM Keldeo was ok, but Specs provided me a much stronger source of power from the get-go. This is my biggest weapon against stall teams, and softens them up to the point that the other members can break it down. Being locked into a move wasn't as awful as it seemed because I have a solid defensive core to fall back on. HP Bug was an interesting choice, it can do a great job of weakening Celebi, Lati@s, Slowbro, and other common checks to standard Keldeo. Keld also offers great defensive synergy with the team and also offers a way to overpower Mega Sableye.

Relevant threats checked: Mega Sableye, Mega Scizor, Weavile, Bisharp, Mega Gyarados

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 224 SpA / 32 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Raikou was added as a strong and quick revenge killer, and CM Raikou is a great and underrated finisher in the current metagame. BoltBeam gives good standard coverage, and Shadow Ball is useful for picking off weakened Metagross and Gallade. This is probably the weakest point on my team and if there were changes to occur this is probably the weakest spot. Really doesn't add a whole lot of defensive synergy, its role is revenge killing most of the 100 to 115 base speed group who can give me trouble. Also doubles as a much needed cleaner at +1 later in the match, especially if its few checks have been eliminated.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 178 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Great suggestion by Halcyon here, I don't know how I skipped over regular Scizor. I'm going with the suggested bulky SD set for now and will probably look into a Banded set later. This actually plugs up the Fairy problem rather well, as well as checking Lati@s.

Relevant threats checked: Mega Gardevoir, Mega Diancie, Mega Altaria, Latios, Latias

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

That's it, I'm all done! This team is in the later stages but there is always room for growth. I really don't have many bad match-ups overall and the team is pretty hard to break apart. Everything I can think of I have a solid way of dealing with, and usually more than one! The threat list got a little lazy towards the end, I'll probably update this a few times as I continue working on this. Hope you all enjoyed reading this!

Last edited:
Yo celticpride, sweet team you have here! It has 3/6 mons that my rmt has :s! One suggestion that I can make is changing hp bug on keldeo to hp electric, since mega gyarados will have a harder time running through your team.

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Yo celticpride, sweet team you have here! It has 3/6 mons that my rmt has :s! One suggestion that I can make is changing hp bug on keldeo to hp electric, since mega gyarados will have a harder time running through your team.

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
Hidden Power Bug is still Effective against Mega Gyarados. Bug=Super effective against Dark.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, cool team

I see powerful fairy types as being especially problematic for your team to handle. Gardevoir, Altaria, and especially Diancie put in work against the majority of your team. You also have no real switch-in to Latios and Latias outside of Tornadus-T, which comes very close to being OHKOed after Stealth Rock. You're also right that Raikou is the weak link in the team. It doesn't really provide anything synergy-wise, which your team seems to be built around considering how you formatted your RMT. To fix these issues, I would suggest running bulky Swords Dance Scizor over Raikou. I know it might seem like an odd switch to make considering how different the Pokemon are, but Scizor really covers a lot of the weak points of the team. It checks all the fairy types that trouble you (bar special Altaria), and can also freely switch in and set up on Lati@s. Of course you have to scout for HP Fire, so be careful of that. To compensate for Raikou being taken out, you might want to run CM Keldeo instead of your current specs set. It actually sets up on the Pokemon that trouble Slowbro instead of just being forced to lock into an attack, and also sin't as bothered by Knock Off from Bisharp as Specs is. If you do want to keep specs, I would use Icy Wind over HP Bug simply to give me a harder hitting move to hit Altaria switch-ins.

Anyway, hope I was able to help. Good luck with the team!

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Hey, cool team

I see powerful fairy types as being especially problematic for your team to handle. Gardevoir, Altaria, and especially Diancie put in work against the majority of your team. You also have no real switch-in to Latios and Latias outside of Tornadus-T, which comes very close to being OHKOed after Stealth Rock. You're also right that Raikou is the weak link in the team. It doesn't really provide anything synergy-wise, which your team seems to be built around considering how you formatted your RMT. To fix these issues, I would suggest running bulky Swords Dance Scizor over Raikou. I know it might seem like an odd switch to make considering how different the Pokemon are, but Scizor really covers a lot of the weak points of the team. It checks all the fairy types that trouble you (bar special Altaria), and can also freely switch in and set up on Lati@s. Of course you have to scout for HP Fire, so be careful of that. To compensate for Raikou being taken out, you might want to run CM Keldeo instead of your current specs set. It actually sets up on the Pokemon that trouble Slowbro instead of just being forced to lock into an attack, and also sin't as bothered by Knock Off from Bisharp as Specs is. If you do want to keep specs, I would use Icy Wind over HP Bug simply to give me a harder hitting move to hit Altaria switch-ins.

Anyway, hope I was able to help. Good luck with the team!

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
Thanks, I don't know how I looked over regular Scizor, it fits perfectly! I'm a little but hesitant when it comes to SubCM Keldeo as I find it falls behind to CM Mega Sableye quicker, but I'll try it out. Thanks for the rate!

Hidden Power Bug is still Effective against Mega Gyarados. Bug=Super effective against Dark.
Your post makes 0 sense, why the hell would keldeo hp bug a mega gyarados when it can secret sword. Hp electric is for gyaras that dragon dance un-megaevolved so they can resist hits from keldeo.

Your post makes 0 sense, why the hell would keldeo hp bug a mega gyarados when it can secret sword. Hp electric is for gyaras that dragon dance un-megaevolved so they can resist hits from keldeo.
That makes more sense. Please dont be rude next time. I thought you were just talking about Mega Gyrados, and only Mega Gyrados.

Scotti

we back.
Hey cool team, but I have a few suggestions that can help.

I recommend is running clefable over keldeo. your team is very weak against stall, so instead of running a wall breaker to get past stall, why not run a stallbreaker. Clefable helps a hell of a lot with your team. Your team only has 1 dragon resist being scizor and it loses against almost every dragon. Clefable beats pretty much every dragon in the tier very easily. Not only are dragons a threat to your team, but tail glow + rain dance manaphy is also a huge threat to your team that clefable can take on. Another threat to your team the clefable takes on is spdef gliscor. You were also unsure about running subcm keldeo, because it can fall behind mega sab, however cm clefable pretty much destroys mega sab. I also wouldn't be too worried with bisharp, because you have soo many lures to it and because you have a hippowdon to take it on. I also recommend that you run banded scizor over sd scizor. Banded scizor has the power to ohko important fairy types in the the ou metagame. 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 300-354 (97.7 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO | 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 300-354 (102.7 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO | 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 300-354 (84.7 - 100%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock | 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Togekiss: 338-398 (108.6 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO | I don't really need to calc against gardevoir, cause it obvious that it gets destroyed. Banded Scizor gets important kills against all of these threats and can ohko most of them without rocks (accept for bulky mega alt). Banded Scizor also does a great of taking out psychic types with pursuit which nice, but you can also run knock off if you feel it is better. Superpower > Focus Blast. Superpower is not only on the standard threat, but it is more accurate and turns tornadus-t into a powerful mixed attacker. Because it becomes mixed tornadus-t becomes a pretty solid wall breaker, breaking threat powerful stall core pretty easily. If you run superpower, then I recommend you change your spread to 216 spe | 160 spatk | 76 atk | 56 hp | Hasty Nature This spread allows you to ohko scarf tyranitar with superpower(something that focus blast can't do), you also ohko gengar with knock off after rocks.

sets

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit / Knock Off
- Superpower

I hoped I helped.

Hey cool team, but I have a few suggestions that can help.

I recommend is running clefable over keldeo. your team is very weak against stall, so instead of running a wall breaker to get past stall, why not run a stallbreaker. Clefable helps a hell of a lot with your team. Your team only has 1 dragon resist being scizor and it loses against almost every dragon. Clefable beats pretty much every dragon in the tier very easily. Not only are dragons a threat to your team, but tail glow + rain dance manaphy is also a huge threat to your team that clefable can take on. Another threat to your team the clefable takes on is spdef gliscor. You were also unsure about running subcm keldeo, because it can fall behind mega sab, however cm clefable pretty much destroys mega sab. I also wouldn't be too worried with bisharp, because you have soo many lures to it and because you have a hippowdon to take it on. I also recommend that you run banded scizor over sd scizor. Banded scizor has the power to ohko important fairy types in the the ou metagame. 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 300-354 (97.7 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO | 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 300-354 (102.7 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO | 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 300-354 (84.7 - 100%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock | 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Togekiss: 338-398 (108.6 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO | I don't really need to calc against gardevoir, cause it obvious that it gets destroyed. Banded Scizor gets important kills against all of these threats and can ohko most of them without rocks (accept for bulky mega alt). Banded Scizor also does a great of taking out psychic types with pursuit which nice, but you can also run knock off if you feel it is better. Superpower > Focus Blast. Superpower is not only on the standard threat, but it is more accurate and turns tornadus-t into a powerful mixed attacker. Because it becomes mixed tornadus-t becomes a pretty solid wall breaker, breaking threat powerful stall core pretty easily. If you run superpower, then I recommend you change your spread to 216 spe | 160 spatk | 76 atk | 56 hp | Hasty Nature This spread allows you to ohko scarf tyranitar with superpower(something that focus blast can't do), you also ohko gengar with knock off after rocks.

sets

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit / Knock Off
- Superpower

I hoped I helped.
Hi, thanks for the rate! I like the suggestions except for Clefable. If I drop Keldeo I become more Bisharp weak. Even if Latias does lure it in consistantly, I still feel like I need something faster that can take a Sucker Punch every now and then, especially with how many Psychic types I'm carrying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)