Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why would i use reflect type? whats so good about it? (Not trying to argue but i just want to know why its good)
It lets you beat Pokemon like Bisharp and Tyranitar since their Dark type moves are no longer effective against you. It also helps against Ferrothorn and Metagross without EQ.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why would i use reflect type? whats so good about it? (Not trying to argue but i just want to know why its good)
It lets you set up on stuff like ferrothorn easier than with substitute, and is also good alongside dragon pulse so you can eventually win vs non SD Bisharp and tyranitar locked into crunch.

In other words, (quoting from the analysis)
"Reflect Type enables Latias to freely set up on Pokemon that would normally force it out, such as Ferrothorn, Mega Metagross, Tyranitar, and most Fairy-types. Substitute is an option over Reflect Type, as it lets Mega Latias avoid status conditions, such as burn, paralysis, and poison, and play mind games with Sucker Punch users."

Ninja'd lol

Does speed affect the order abilities activate? For example, 2 Landorus-T, does the faster one's Intimidate activate first?
I know this was answered, would just like to say that this trait is of vital importance in weather wars. If Ninetales and Abamasnow are both sent out first turn, Sun will activate first, but Hail will activate immediately after and will be the weather that stays for the next 5-8 turns.

It lets you set up on stuff like ferrothorn easier than with substitute, and is also good alongside dragon pulse so you can eventually win vs non SD Bisharp and tyranitar locked into crunch.

In other words, (quoting from the analysis)
"Reflect Type enables Latias to freely set up on Pokemon that would normally force it out, such as Ferrothorn, Mega Metagross, Tyranitar, and most Fairy-types. Substitute is an option over Reflect Type, as it lets Mega Latias avoid status conditions, such as burn, paralysis, and poison, and play mind games with Sucker Punch users."

Ninja'd lol
Ok, thanks, now i'll use reflect type on a slightly defensive Latias.

So um, been lookin' at some Bisharp sets and I wanted to give the Assault Vest set a try. However, can I get some insight on his spread? I know 96 Spe outspeeds Adamant Azumarill, but what does 192 HP specifically achieve? Can I run 252 Atk by taking 32 EVs from the HP? Thanks.

So um, been lookin' at some Bisharp sets and I wanted to give the Assault Vest set a try. However, can I get some insight on his spread? I know 96 Spe outspeeds Adamant Azumarill, but what does 192 HP specifically achieve? Can I run 252 Atk by taking 32 EVs from the HP? Thanks.
One thing I noticed from plugging it in is that it turns a 3HKO into a 4HKO from Clefable's Moonblast, and 2->3 for its Flamethrower.

Also helps survivability for the Latis, taking less than 50% from LO Latios so it can be Pursuit Trapped

Are there any benchmarks to figure out if something will be able to tank 2 Draco Meteors consecutively? Something along the lines of if Draco Meteor deals ___ damage or less at +0 it can survive two? Just curious because that's always a pain to calc.
I believe that if something takes less than 66% on a max damage roll from Draco Meteor before SR, then it will survive 2 DMs. With SR up, it's 66% - however much the mon in question takes from SR.

EDIT: Pika Pal can math better than me :p

Are there any benchmarks to figure out if something will be able to tank 2 Draco Meteors consecutively? Something along the lines of if Draco Meteor deals ___ damage or less at +0 it can survive two? Just curious because that's always a pain to calc.
Draco's -2 cuts attack strength in half. So for a Pokemon to avoid a 2HKO at +0, it needs to take less than 2/3's of its health (not factoring in Leftovers and such).

Ninja'd

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
If you mean if a pokemon can tank two +0 Draco Meteors, just take a +2 SpAtk stat (1x + 1x)
If you want to take a +0 Draco Meteor and a -2 Draco Meteor, take a +1 SpAtk stat (1x + 0,5x)

If you want to calc this for Superpower, you can't change it to 1,67x (there is no benchmark in the calc) but you can take the BP of Superpower and change it to (120 x 1,67) = 200 BP

the most common set is leaf storm / giga drain / hidden power / dragon pulse, but if you're running knock off or glare, I'd say that dragon pulse is usually better because it targets the lati twins, and on neutral hits it's a good option to hit pokemon that resist it's grass STAB.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dragon Pulse is mandatory for Dragons and other Grass-types, while a Hidden Power is necessary for not getting walled by Steels. The only move that Serperior can afford to lose is Giga Drain.

Specially defensive talonflame is a good answer to fairy types such as CM Clefable, sylveon, and mega gardevoir. Taunt also allows it to stallbreak pretty well, and it's an effective stallbreaker thanks to its ability to defeat mega sableye 1v1.

Being able to outprioritze Thundurus-I's thunder wave is also pretty important, so you can take it out before it neuters you with t-wave. But yeah, there are so many mons in the 110 base speed tier, and other mons like serp and thund which weavile really outspeeds, so Jolly is the way to go.

I got two questions:

1) Does Air Baloon negate the trapping effect from Arena Trap?
2) Let's say Granbull has RestTalk and Heal Beal. If it uses Sleep Talk while asleep and it chooses Heal Bell, will that wake it up?

I got two questions:

1) Does Air Baloon negate the trapping effect from Arena Trap?
2) Let's say Granbull has RestTalk and Heal Beal. If it uses Sleep Talk while asleep and it chooses Heal Bell, will that wake it up?
It issuppose that pokemons inmune to ground type can run from arena trap so if you have the balloon you have to be able to switch.

Yes it wakes up, Xerneas has a set in Ubers that benefits from that xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)