Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Leaf Storm / Frenzy Plant
- Focus Blast

Short, simple, and to the point. Mega-Sceptile set revolving around being somewhat unpredictable and outspeeding almost anything in the tier after (and a lot before) mega-evolving. I've found the set very effective in conjunction with Suicune, but it hits next to anything with a decent punch, using Energy Ball to potentially drop special defense and either get a clean KO when it outspeeds, or force a switch - which is even better because something thinking it's coming in on say, Dragon Pulse, can get bopped by anything else. I know that the DP - Focus Miss - Leaf Storm thing is overused, so I experimented with Frenzy Plant which is even more of a nuke and doesn't drop SpA.

I dunno. Didn't see anybody else with the set, so.

Then I shall change this!

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

Short, simple, and to the point. Mega-Sceptile set revolving around being somewhat unpredictable and outspeeding almost anything in the tier after (and a lot before) mega-evolving. I've found the set very effective in conjunction with Suicune, but it hits next to anything with a decent punch, using Energy Ball to potentially drop special defense and either get a clean KO when it outspeeds, or force a switch - which is even better because something thinking it's coming in on say, Dragon Pulse, can get bopped by anything else. I know that the DP - Focus Miss - Leaf Storm thing is overused, so I experimented with Frenzy Plant which is even more of a nuke and doesn't drop SpA.

Frenzy plant is definitely not worth it, especially as sceptile has zero bulk. It is only slightly more powerful, and the recharge turn is basically sacking your mega. And giga drain>energy ball every time

Actually, with the frailty, I thought it better to actually drop recovery in the first place considering if you don't OHKO (or pop it on the switch) it won't matter.
And Frenzy Plant... eh. I experimented, and it could pull in KOs where there was nothing that would be able to drop something from full, but it wasn't much better than the SpA drop and I'd click DPulse or EBall anyways.

Actually, with the frailty, I thought it better to actually drop recovery in the first place considering if you don't OHKO (or pop it on the switch) it won't matter.
And Frenzy Plant... eh. I experimented, and it could pull in KOs where there was nothing that would be able to drop something from full, but it wasn't much better than the SpA drop and I'd click DPulse or EBall anyways.
Giga drain helps with switching in and out to heal off SR damage and stuff. Sceptile lacks the power to straight up ohko a lot of stuff, so you'll be switching a lot. Esp w/o sub.

Then I shall change this!

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

Creative/Underrated Sets

4 attacks special mega-scept.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Time to spice up this thread with some innovation.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Flame Charge

What this set tries to do is force your opponent to let you wall break. Standard Swords Dance Infernape gets revenge rather easily by things such as Crobat and Mega Aerodactyl. If you can manage to snag a Speed boost with Flame Charge then you can force your opponent to let you hit something really freakin hard. You mutilate yourself with recoil but it's worth it for the added power. You can nab boosts when your opponent tries to fodder something like Forretress or a weakened 'mon in general. Blaze boosted +2 Flame Charge OHKOs a lot of offensive things so you can have a deceptive amount of sweeping left at low amounts of HP. Obviously you're super vulnerable to priority but them's the breaks.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

Draco Meteor is powerful STAB, Hydro Pump and Fire Blast are your coverage, and Iron Tail hits Fairies. Iron Tail 2HKOs 252/252+ Florges, you just have to contend with a godawful 70 acc. No more information right now because I'm fucking pissed that I've lost four games to missed attacks and hax.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

Draco Meteor is powerful STAB, Hydro Pump and Fire Blast are your coverage, and Iron Tail hits Fairies. Iron Tail 2HKOs 252/252+ Florges, you just have to contend with a godawful 70 acc. No more information right now because I'm fucking pissed that I've lost four games to missed attacks and hax.
Do you think mild might be better b/c of intimidate?

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

ive faced this salamence on the ladder and can pretty much say its hard to switch into this
it took me time to figure snorlax could stop it

Do you think mild might be better b/c of intimidate?
Absolutely not, Salamence has to be running +Speed or else he's just a bad Hydreigon. If you meant Hasty, I did consider it to let him switch in on predicted Scalds better, but I prefer to be able to tank physical Fire and Fighting attacks just a little better. There's not really anything that the added special bulk will give me, since Ice attacks are gonna completely shred Salamence no matter what (unless it's Donphan's Ice Shard, in which case a neutral Def nature gives me a slightly better chance to survive two Ice Shards after Intimidate).

ive faced this salamence on the ladder and can pretty much say its hard to switch into this
it took me time to figure snorlax could stop it
And that's why I pack Toxic Orb Heracross. I wanna say that literally every special wall in UU gets his super-effectively by Heracross' STABs, except Florges who gets smoked by Iron Tail. Those two in combination with a good set-up sweeper is a powerful core.

Absolutely not, Salamence has to be running +Speed or else he's just a bad Hydreigon. If you meant Hasty, I did consider it to let him switch in on predicted Scalds better, but I prefer to be able to tank physical Fire and Fighting attacks just a little better. There's not really anything that the added special bulk will give me, since Ice attacks are gonna completely shred Salamence no matter what (unless it's Donphan's Ice Shard, in which case a neutral Def nature gives me a slightly better chance to survive two Ice Shards after Intimidate).
Yeah that's what I meant. I guess that makes sense. I don't use Mence a whole lot, I guess I was just thinking out loud.

Alright, I've got something different for you all because I know how much you love sets. and telling me mine are bad.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot

I know that Lucario without priority can be a pain in the ass if there's something faster, but this is my wallbreaking set and I've had some pretty decent luck with it. Setting up with Nasty Plot on Hazards becomes really freaking easy, and things like Tentacruel who would typically be a pain in the ass get handled nicely by Psychic - after rocks, 252+ SpD./252 HP Tentacruel gets OHKO'd. And it just gets easier if hit by a Fake Out, too.

I just wanted to put this up before dinner, but if anybody wants to run calcs, go for it.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I've got something different for you all because I know how much you love sets. and telling me mine are bad.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot

I know that Lucario without priority can be a pain in the ass if there's something faster, but this is my wallbreaking set and I've had some pretty decent luck with it. Setting up with Nasty Plot on Hazards becomes really freaking easy, and things like Tentacruel who would typically be a pain in the ass get handled nicely by Psychic - after rocks, 252+ SpD./252 HP Tentacruel gets OHKO'd. And it just gets easier if hit by a Fake Out, too.

I just wanted to put this up before dinner, but if anybody wants to run calcs, go for it.
Psychic isn't really doing anything there, but Flash Cannon in its place turns Luc into a really effective wall breaker against defensive teams. You just run into the issue that it's mostly dead weight versus pretty much everything else.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot

I actually really like special Luke. I think people tend to forget that his SpA is actually a little higher than his Atk. It hits pretty hard, and people will likely expect a physical set, initially, and so they'll likely send in a physical wall to stop you, then they just get smacked in the face. Although I'd like to second what Meowiekins pointed out. The STAB is really nice, and I've found that psychic really isn't all that good coverage recently.

I've run into enough poisons that it becomes an issue sometimes, but I think Flash Cannon would work better after a few test runs, so.

OK, i was hesitating to post this thinking it's kinda gimmicky but after watching IB93 vs Reachzero game i feel more confident about it.

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Defog

A pokemon that has access to scald, ice beam and grass knot should beat ground types with relative ease but Empoleon's steel typing holds it back. Simple, give it a shuca berry to hold. This guy can actually take on all kinds of Salamence, Aerodactly-M, Krookodile and Nidoqueen all of which are pretty dangerous threats in the current meta. I was using a physically defensive spread but i guess you can invest more in Sp.Att or Sp.Def or give it GK over roar/defog.

I've got two replays where shuca berry came in handy.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-215315693 vs ScraftyIsTheBest

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-216050026 vs YABO (formerly Meowiekins)

LilOu

PO poopyhead
If you are still alive, thanks mush <3<3
Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Future Sight
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

I've been using this set late XYUU with amazing results, so I decided to give it a try on the ORAS metagame, and let me tell you, this still works wonders. I don't want to be that guy who slaps Assault Vest on whatever Pokemon comes to mind, but looking at this thing's great natural bulk and Regenerator, which most people have forgotten about, seems like a perfect choice for it.

This set fits amazingly on Bulky Offense teams, being an incredible pivot that can come into pretty much any special attack not coming from Hydreigon:

• 252 SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 144 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 106-126 (26.7 - 31.7%) -- 49.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Sludge Wave vs. 144 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 118-140 (29.7 - 35.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ SpA Mega Pidgeot Hurricane vs. 144 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 118-141 (29.7 - 35.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Sludge Bomb vs. 144 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 109-130 (27.4 - 32.7%) -- 83.3% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 144 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 88-105 (22.1 - 26.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Volt Switch vs. 144 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 88-105 (22.1 - 26.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock

But what makes this set different from most special walls is the fact that it actually has offensive presence with that 125 SAtk base and the help of Future Sight, the real gem of this set. Future Sight messes teams, I'm being serious. The fact that it hits 2 turns later can be taken completely to your advantage, forcing your opponent to send something as an Steel or Dark-type to take the 120 bp attack while you prepare the scenario to have a strong Fighting-type at said moment. At that time, your opp has two choices, or stays and takes a CC to the face with the Steel type or switches out to the Fighting resist and gets destroyed by Future Sight.

I've had incredible success with this Reuniclus + Guts Toxic Orb SD Heracross + wish support, something that I'll probably RMT when I get to #1 on the ladder, haters. But all in all, this set is gold.

im an unorginal (BAN ME PLEASE), PO user thatmushroom came up with this, not me..im just a crocs wearing apple farmer, happy?

Last edited:

Krookodile @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate/Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Aerial Ace

This set's a bit of a different take on Band/Scarf Krookodile. With Banded Aerial Ace, you're no longer just a sitting duck to Chesnaught, one of Krook's best switch ins, being able to 2HKO it with ease as it switches in to you. I'm not suggesting you stay in with Krookodile and take on a Chesnaught that has full health, as you're mostly either hitting it when it's coming in or taking out Chesnaughts that have been whittled down enough for Aerial Ace to finish it off. This move just lets you take it on much easier.

Aerial Ace also OHKO's Heracross, another of Krook's threats, even when running Scarf, which is perfect for Krook as you're able to outpace Scarf Heracross.

252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 228-272 (60 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Krookodile Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heracross: 308-364 (102.3 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Krookodile @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate/Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

This set's a bit of a different take on Band/Scarf Krookodile. With Banded Aerial Ace, you're no longer just a sitting duck to Chesnaught, one of Krook's best switch ins, being able to 2HKO it with ease as it switches in to you. I'm not suggesting you stay in with Krookodile and take on a Chesnaught that has full health, as you're mostly either hitting it when it's coming in or taking out Chesnaughts that have been whittled down enough for Aerial Ace to finish it off. This move just lets you take it on much easier.

Aerial Ace also OHKO's Heracross, another of Krook's threats, even when running Scarf, which is perfect for Krook as you're able to outpace Scarf Heracross.

252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 228-272 (60 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Krookodile Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heracross: 308-364 (102.3 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This is a gimmicky option at best despite what it hits, because you'll soon be missing Pursuit to trap the likes of Chandey and Zam, but Aerial Ace is a nice option to catch some of its checks off guard.
Pursuit is the main appeal to using Krook. If you really wanted to use aerial ace, just take stone edge off. Otherwise, pursuit is a mandatory move option.

An oldie, but this set can grab function as a bit of a surprise cleaner:

Empoleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon
- Agility
- Grass Knot / Ice Beam

Traditional Empoleon forces out certain things and is able to setup on the switch. Agility lets it outspeed up to +1 Darm and Sharpedo, with the only notable things you are losing out to after an Agility are ScarfShao and ScarfApe, and +1 Hydrei and Haxorus

The last move is a bit difficult for me to pick because you have to decide what you want to beat, but that can be patched. Frankly I think Grass Knot is probably the worst choice, because even with a Life Orb you're not really going to want to sit around on other bulky waters. Flash Cannon 2HKOs Florges, which you can also set up an Agility on.

edit: Upon further thought, I'd say Ice Beam is the best fourth move, because any Steels can be hit decently hard with Hydro Pump anyway, and Ice Beam is good for Dragon SE coverage in this meta.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Ferroseed@eviolite
Relaxed: 252 hp evs some defense and special defense

Moves:
Stealth rock
Leech seed
Knock off
Thunder wave

(Also you can fit in seed bomb or gyro ball or spikes wherever you see fit but not over leech seed)

This replaces perish song celebi which is ou by usage now. Basically leech seed plus item removal puts last pokemon in a bad situation and even crocune can't outstall blissey now. Curslax is pretty easily dealt with by physical walls like ferro itself. Thunder wave sort of cripples reuniclus and you can take his leftovers off so hopefully you can overpower by numbers. You have at least a decent matchup against most spinners defoggers so that's nice.

If you're directly replacing celebi beware of the extra fighting weakness you're packing on but celebi never beat heracross toxicroak scrafty mienshao anyways which are the main set up fighters that threaten stall.

I use minimum speed because even escavalier outspeeds you anyways and you might as well get the jump on trick room pokemon but maybe you should aim to outspeed ce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)