Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge: 2.0

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lets go with… (Quick, think of a number, think of a number…) How about 4?
Hey pretzel. I'll give you a rule challenge.

You may never heal a Pokemon unless it's in the red health bar or has fainted. This includes putting it into a box or healing it at a Pokemon center. This shouldn't be too hard since red is where you usually want to heal anyway. It might be a problem if you want to heal a certain Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, but you got two options. Either you let the other Pokemon go to red / dead too or you just heal it up with normal potions. Have fun!

Ok, so my B2 gauntlet has rules now:

You may never heal a Pokemon unless it's in the red health bar or has fainted.
All items that restore HP are at five times their normal price

Reserving for additional rules

Last edited:
pretzel987 Here's the Rule Challenge I reserved:
All items that restore HP are at five times their normal price (in other words, sell four out of every five HP-restoration items you buy).

EDIT: Meant to write toss rather than sell, so toss it is!

Last edited:
I want to be a runner for Pokemon HG. I will accept or decline challenges at ny discretion, but don't post anything related to Pokemon Centers or extreme underleveling. I will be accepting 2 Rule Challenges and 6 Event Challenges

Rules (Complete)
  1. All Pokemon must be caught in Apricorn Balls (Sport Ball doesn't count as Apricorn) (lucariomaster2 )
  2. No Pokemon may fight in more than 3 Gyms (Naix )
Events:
  1. Don't use Special and Status moves nor Psychic-, Dark-, and Ghost-type moves in Ecruteak City. (Naix )
  2. Solo Red with my starter Pokemon only. If the starter can't be used, then a Pokemon of the same type will replace him (PSDuckie )
  3. No healing items from Victory Road up until I defeat the Champion (WideTomato )
  4. No SE/STAB moves against Bugsy (WideTomato )
Event Challenge:
Right before each Elite 4 member and Champion battles, roll a six sided die. The pokemon currently in the position of the number you rolled (ex. 1 means first slot, 2 second slot, etc.) becomes nervous about the next battle and must be in its Pokeball for the duration of the fight unless it is your last Pokemon that has not fainted (if you roll a 1 initially, you can switch your lead). You are allowed to switch your Pokemon positions before rolling, but once you roll, that's the Pokemon that becomes nervous.

Event Challenge:
Right before each Elite 4 member and Champion battles, roll a six sided die. The pokemon currently in the position of the number you rolled (ex. 1 means first slot, 2 second slot, etc.) becomes nervous about the next battle and must be in its Pokeball for the duration of the fight unless it is your last Pokemon that has not fainted (if you roll a 1 initially, you can switch your lead). You are allowed to switch your Pokemon positions before rolling, but once you roll, that's the Pokemon that becomes nervous.
Alright, accepted. Now I only need one more challenge :)

Ah, forgot about the number, sorry Naix(I have no idea how to tag people on this site).

Lets go with 3 rule challenges and 3 event challenges on Heartgold, please bear in mind that I don't plan on going through the postgame in this playthrough.

Rules:
1. To celebrate ethnic diversity, each of my party members must have a different color (Pokedex classification is law for this)
2. Playing in Shift mode. Every time I'm asked to switch your pokemon , I MUST switch to the next pokemon in my party (unless it interferes with other rules).
This only applies in major battles (Gym leaders, Rival, Team admins/leaders, E4+Champion, etc.)

Events:
1. Pokemon are unable to fully evolve until you reach Lake of Rage.
2. After getting Storm Badge, my lowest-leveled Pokemon must always lead my party and I can't use Repels until I get the Glacier Badge. If more than one Pokemon are the lowest-leveled in my party, I can choose which one to lead.

Last edited:
Here's the Rule Challenge I reserved for Thanks Brock Obama with an accompanying Event Challenge:
Rule: To celebrate ethnic diversity, each of your party members must have a different color (Pokedex classification is law for this)
Event: Your Pokemon are unable to fully evolve until you reach Lake of Rage.

Good luck!

Also, the way you tag people is by typing "@person's username", minus the quotation marks of course.

Thanks Brock Obama here's one for you.

Play in Shift mode. Every time you are asked to switch your pokemon , you MUST switch to the next pokemon in your party (unless it interferes with other rules).
This only applies in major battles (Gym leaders, Rival, Team admins/leaders, E4+Champion, etc.)

Thanks Brock Obama, I haven't played HG in a while, but how about this event challenge? After getting Storm Badge, your lowest-levelled Pokemon must always lead your party and you can't use Repels until you get the Glacier Badge. If more than one Pokemon are the lowest-levelled in your party, you can choose which one to lead.

-

Well, I just caved and bought Omega Ruby so I think I'll go for a few challenges. I'll be playing up until the E4. I'd like challenges to be straightforward so I don't get dizzy trying to keep track of them. Something like 'Healing a fainted Pokemon costs 500 Pokedollars' is fine. 'Every time you want to heal at a Pokemon Centre, buy items of value equivalent to the number of Pokemon in your Pokedex*10 and toss them' is not something I want to bother with. I'll probably forget :( And no evolution restrictions either, please.

I'll tentatively take three rule challenges and five event challenges ... maybe more. I found Alpha Sapphire super easy so as long as the challenge isn't stupidly impossible (e.g. 'Defeat Steven using only Normal-type moves'), hit me with your best shot.

Rule Challenges:

Event Challenges:
1. Thanks Brock Obama: You must defeat at least two Gym Leader's boss mons with passive damage only (i.e. Flannery's Torkoal, Wattson's Magneton)

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to set up an actual place for all of my rules to go.

BLACK 2 GAUNTLET

Nickname theme: Action media (movies, shows, games, etc.)

Rule Challenges:
1.You may never heal a Pokemon unless it's in the red health bar or has fainted.
2.All items that restore HP are at five times their normal price
3.you are a pokemon rights activist and refuse to use the box system due to the horrid conditions that it puts the pokemon into! Any pokemon that goes into your box must be released, have fun with your six best friends!

Event Challenges:
1. You must solo any gym after the 5th with a NFE pokemon.

(I just added event challenges b/c I could use the extra difficulty.)

Last edited:
I want to be a runner for Pokemon HG. I will accept or decline challenges at ny discretion, but don't post anything related to Pokemon Centers or extreme underleveling. I will be accepting 2 Rule Challenges and 6 Event Challenges

Rules (Complete)
  1. All Pokemon must be caught in Apricorn Balls (Sport Ball doesn't count as Apricorn) (lucariomaster2 )
  2. No Pokemon may fight in more than 3 Gyms (Naix )
Events:
  1. Don't use Special and Status moves nor Psychic-, Dark-, and Ghost-type moves in Ecruteak City. (Naix )
  2. Solo Red with my starter Pokemon only. If the starter can't be used, then a Pokemon of the same type will replace him (PSDuckie )
  3. No healing items from Victory Road up until I defeat the Champion (WideTomato )
  4. No SE/STAB moves against Bugsy (WideTomato )
  5. Event Challenge:
    Right before each Elite 4 member and Champion battles, roll a six sided die. The pokemon currently in the position of the number you rolled (ex. 1 means first slot, 2 second slot, etc.) becomes nervous about the next battle and must be in its Pokeball for the duration of the fight unless it is your last Pokemon that has not fainted (if you roll a 1 initially, you can switch your lead). You are allowed to switch your Pokemon positions before rolling, but once you roll, that's the Pokemon that becomes nervous. (Regiultima115 )
Bump :V

So I'm just one rule and one event from being full up, if I may ask for just one more thing it would be a nice nickname theme to go with. Usually I try and keep a general theme like TV show characters or foods as it helps add a little identity to the run, and doing somebody else's suggestion for once could be fun. Anyway, onto some rule distribution.

rufusdrumknott Rule Challenge:
1. If you aren't already keeping your EXP Share off, do so. This is seriously the most powerful gen 6 item and turning it off makes a huge difference in leveling. If you consider this rule a given I can come up with another one.

Event Challenge:
1. You must defeat at least two Gym Leader's boss mons with passive damage only(ie. Flannery's Torkoal, Wattson's Magneton)

pretzel987 Rule Challenge:
1. A personal favorite of mine, you are a pokemon rights activist and refuse to use the box system due to the horrid conditions that it puts the pokemon into! Any pokemon that goes into your box must be released, have fun with your six best friends!

Event Challenge:

KingHeracrossTheBug Event Challenge:
1. One of Lance's Dragonites must be taken out with non-STAB non-SE damage.

Thanks Brock Obama Thanks! I think I'll do a nickname theme too (not trying to copy) but for you, how about you do food, but it has to be limited to expensive delicacies (and the like) if that works!
PS does that mean every gym after the 5th or one of the gyms after the 5th?

pretzel987 To clarify my event challenge its only one gym, not every single one.

Haha, I think the nickname themes are fun. I have to say expensive foods from different cultures will build on the different colors theme pretty well, picking high class foods from different cultures gives the pokes some more character, I may write a let's play after I've gone through the whole run.

As for a naming theme for you, maybe try characters from any Action genre media(TV, movies, video games etc.). I think it'll work since your pokes seem like they have to be pretty tough customers with how often they're going to be waiting around to get healed.

So I'm just one rule and one event from being full up, if I may ask for just one more thing it would be a nice nickname theme to go with. Usually I try and keep a general theme like TV show characters or foods as it helps add a little identity to the run, and doing somebody else's suggestion for once could be fun. Anyway, onto some rule distribution.

1. If you aren't already keeping your EXP Share off, do so. This is seriously the most powerful gen 6 item and turning it off makes a huge difference in leveling. If you consider this rule a given I can come up with another one.

Event Challenge:
1. You must defeat at least two Gym Leader's boss mons with passive damage only(ie. Flannery's Torkoal, Wattson's Magneton)

pretzel987 Rule Challenge:
1. A personal favorite of mine, you are a pokemon rights activist and refuse to use the box system due to the horrid conditions that it puts the pokemon into! Any pokemon that goes into your box must be released, have fun with your six best friends!

Event Challenge:

KingHeracrossTheBug Event Challenge:
1. One of Lance's Dragonites must be taken out with non-STAB non-SE damage.
Accepted. Now I'm ready to go :)

Event Challenge:
Oh yes, I'll definitely be keeping the Exp. Share off, I don't use that thing even for regular runs. Could I have another rule challenge please? Accepting the event challenge, thank you :)

rufusdrumknott

Alright then, for a fairly straightforward first rule you are a pokemon rights activist and refuse to use the box system due to the horrid conditions that it puts the pokemon into! Any pokemon that goes into your box must be released, have fun with your six best friends!

Also could someone just toss me a last rule and event?

pretzel987 since I owe you, here are some challenges to make your life miserable XD.

Rule Challenge: You have an irrational fear of the number 3, and thus, you can never do or have anything that is a multiple of three. No 3 or 6 pokemon, no items owned with a multiple of three, no moves with the PP as a multiple of 3, nothing you have with a letter count with a multiple of three, nothing.

Event Challenge: You cannot use any super-effective move against Colress any time you battle him.

EDIT: fixed my spelling errors. Curse you autocorrect!

Last edited:
here are some challenges to make your life miserable XD.
well, you certainly are going to succeed!

question: can I have 3 pokemon just once at the beginning, since I cannot put pokemon in boxes? Otherwise, I'm stuck at two pokemon the whole time.

BLACK 2 GAUNTLET

Nickname theme: Action media (movies, shows, games, etc.)

Rule Challenges:
1.You may never heal a Pokemon unless it's in the red health bar or has fainted.
2.All items that restore HP are at five times their normal price
3.you are a pokemon rights activist and refuse to use the box system due to the horrid conditions that it puts the pokemon into! Any pokemon that goes into your box must be released, have fun with your six best friends!
4.You have an irrational fear of the number 3, and this, you can never do or have anything that is a multiple of three. No 3 or 6 pokemon, no items owner with a multiple of three, no moves with the PP as a multiple of 3, nothing you have with a letter count with a multiple of three, nothing.

Event Challenges:
2. You cannot use any super-effective move against Colress any time you battle him.

I´m gonna restart my Y version soon.
So what better way to make it an interesting one than requesting 4 rule and 4 event challenges and make them hard please ;)
All game aspects may be considered. I have the possibility to trade from my OmegaRuby version if necessary.

1. No wild Pokemon may faint during the run. (my standard rule)
  2. No Legendaries or Megas. Any Pokemon that has a Mega Evolution anywhere in their evolutionary line is considered a Mega for this challenge, regardless of whether or not you intend to use the Mega Evolution. [Thanks PSDuckie!]
  3. Choose two members of your endgame team. Those Pokemon must stay in their base stage. Pokemon that don't have evolutionary families don't count for this. [Thanks Naix!]
  4. You may never use any healing items outside of battle, so if your pokemon is in bad health condition, tough luck. [Thank you WideTomato!]

1. Man-made items aren't allowed for use in Route 14, Laverre City, or Route 15 due to environmental conservation efforts. They can be used in Laverre Gym, but with a Gym maintenance fee of 2500 per item. [Thanks Naix!]
  2. Defeat wulfric only using Pokemon of the following types: ground, dragon, grass, and flying with only STAB moves; dual types are fine. [Thanks WideTomato!]

Last edited:
hard here's a rule challenge.

No Legendaries or Megas. Any Pokemon that has a Mega Evolution anywhere in their evolutionary line is considered a Mega for this challenge, regardless of whether or not you intend to use the Mega Evolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)