Project Team Building Shop Redux [CLOSED FOR REQUESTS, BUILDING]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thugly Duckling

Well this team is pretty shit but here it is!

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Perish Song

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Surf

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 72 Atk / 204 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

This is pretty much a .standard rain team with a random Heliolisk thrown in. VoltTurn core of Tornadus and Heliolisk makes it super easy to get Swampert in to mega evolve, which can sometimes be a problem otherwise. Politoed is obvious, sets rain, spreads toxic on stuff like Rotom-W, Encore and Perish Song for setup sweepers that think they're cheeky, though rest can be used over Perish Song if you really need it. Swampert checks lots of stuff for the team, mostly Raikou Talon and Thundurus. It's also the main power behind the team and a lure (if it even can be called that anymore ?_?) to Ferrothorn. Finally, Ferrothorn sets up rocks and checks dragons, while Latias gives HW support as well as checking Keldeo which just runs through the team without it! Jk Heliolisk 50/50s are super fun since Keldeo loves spamming Scald. Anyway this team is, again, really not that great. But it functions!

astroshagger

/
<

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
Gonna tell you in my honest opinion Salamence is better off going Scarf or just being replaced by Kyurem-B or Dragonite. Scarf is the merit to Salamence or if being "creative" a special set of Hydro / Fire Blast / Draco / Roost or Coverage due to its faster speed tier over Kyurem-B but even then Kyurem-B is vastly superior, however for the sake of your core I kept DDance but with slight adjustments. Some Dragmag for you as the core was pretty offensive and the balance team I originally tried this on just murdered the momentum of the core and build. In all honesty everything is pretty standard I tried out Rocky Helm Garchomp originally but I didn't enjoy getting outpaced by stuff like M-Gardevoir and lacking some offensive presence. I chose BD Azumarill because Belly Drum has a really great match-up against sand offense and general offense if you find a good opportunity to set up, priority helps as well. Rock Polish M-Metagross is the win condition along side the core you provided to break down its usual checks and counters with enough speed to outpace Jolly Sand Rush Excadrill in sand after a boost. I went Scarf Magnezone cause it's much better to help check some base 110 speed tier Pokemon and below, important on a build that requires set up before you're able to outpace some of these. For the sake of blanket checking from an offensive stand-point a bunch of threats I went with M-Metagross but offensive M-Scizor is an optional choice for mega as well with Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Superpower, Swords Dance if that's a preference along with making you less Bisharp weak. Just considering the pros and cons, pick your preference, play aggressively and you should do well.
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Enjoy.

I'm not usually a person to ask other people to handle my problems for me because I believe struggling through something is the best way to learn, but the Mencezone core was extremely difficult for me to build around. I think my main problem was that I tried to base my core around a balanced play style. Moxie DD Mence necessitates hazard control and threat managment to an extreme degree and I wasn't sure offence was able to meet these demands. In my experience with testing this core I found it was really difficult to find offensive teams that could simultaneously pave the way for Mence's sweep by whittling down surefire counters and fairy cores while also managing the game state/hazard control well enough so that Mence had opportunities to do his thing. When I attempted rectify this problem with a balanced core (think M-Slowbro, Ferrothorn, Heatran) I found that I could control the match well enough to find opportunities to get Mence in but I lacked the firepower and sheer momentum necessary to make it worthwhile for Salamence. I've tried.. maybe 25 different teams around variations of this core and the conclusion I've come to is that no matter what team DD Moxie Mence is on he cannot truly be the focus of the team; Mence serves as an ancillary/secondary win condition and I believe I over-prioritized the the team composition around him. Don't get me wrong - no one can convince me that DD Moxie Mence is useless/without its mertis but I don't think he's the godly win condition that he used to be in Gen IV/V. IMO there is literally zero reason to run a scarf variant of Moxie Mence because mons like Kyub do it much better while also having better coverage. Mixed LO sets might as well be Latios. I was actually able to find some success with Magnezone + Mence + Starmie (bulky spin) + MGardevoir as well as a team based on (believe it or not) M-Sableye. This tells me two things; Mence either needs to sweep really early or come in super late after I've slammed everything hard enough so that it's it 1-2hko range or after I've systematically dismantled defensive cores with status and utility overload.I mainly posted a request for this core to push myself out of the team-building plateau I'd encountered with this core and while I like the direction you took it I know immediately that a team like this is not my style. Regardless, I always learn a lot from this thread and your ideas definitely seemed to help so thank you for taking time out of your day to make it.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I'm not usually a person to ask other people to handle my problems for me because I believe struggling through something is the best way to learn, but the Mencezone core was extremely difficult for me to build around. I think my main problem was that I tried to base my core around a balanced play style. Moxie DD Mence necessitates hazard control and threat managment to an extreme degree and I wasn't sure offence was able to meet these demands. In my experience with testing this core I found it was really difficult to find offensive teams that could simultaneously pave the way for Mence's sweep by whittling down surefire counters and fairy cores while also managing the game state/hazard control well enough so that Mence had opportunities to do his thing. When I attempted rectify this problem with a balanced core (think M-Slowbro, Ferrothorn, Heatran) I found that I could control the match well enough to find opportunities to get Mence in but I lacked the firepower and sheer momentum necessary to make it worthwhile for Salamence. I've tried.. maybe 25 different teams around variations of this core and the conclusion I've come to is that no matter what team DD Moxie Mence is on he cannot truly be the focus of the team; Mence serves as an ancillary/secondary win condition and I believe I over-prioritized the the team composition around him. Don't get me wrong - no one can convince me that DD Moxie Mence is useless/without its mertis but I don't think he's the godly win condition that he used to be in Gen IV/V. IMO there is literally zero reason to run a scarf variant of Moxie Mence because mons like Kyub do it much better while also having better coverage. Mixed LO sets might as well be Latios. I was actually able to find some success with Magnezone + Mence + Starmie (bulky spin) + MGardevoir as well as a team based on (believe it or not) M-Sableye. This tells me two things; Mence either needs to sweep really early or come in super late after I've slammed everything hard enough so that it's it 1-2hko range or after I've systematically dismantled defensive cores with status and utility overload.I mainly posted a request for this core to push myself out of the team-building plateau I'd encountered with this core and while I like the direction you took it I know immediately that a team like this is not my style. Regardless, I always learn a lot from this thread and your ideas definitely seemed to help so thank you for taking time out of your day to make it.
Yeah it's no problem man I originally built a balanced build around the core you provided and I didn't enjoy it one bit lmfao. That's one of the main reasons this one in particular took awhile. Afterwards I sort of just figured I'm better off using this core on offense and not trying to accomplish some build I didn't feel comfortable using for that particular core. I think that's a lot of problems with some core building in general at times that I see from people who ask for help. People will as you said "over prioritize" elements that they shouldn't be prioritizing which puts a lot of restriction in thought process and can be draining at times. My advice is when building around a core take into consideration that the core itself doesn't have to be a central point but can also be an asset to the win condition or the concept of the build you want to emphasize as a whole. In the case of your core in particular I just used it as an asset for a M-Metagross sweep instead of using it as the sole focal point.

As far as this not being your playstyle that's fine as well. If you want a more balanced approach Hippowdon > Garchomp, Starmie > Latias, Bulky M-Scizor > M-Metagross, Sub CM Keldeo > Azumarill are some options off the top of my head that you can consider if you don't want the risky approach that this team displays in practice. I'd just focus on simplicity and not over thinking astroshagger, over thinking will get you nowhere so don't get distraught and try to learn what you can. That's the whole point of this thread, or at least in my eyes it is. Anyways good luck.

Hello, I would like to make a polite enquiry about the team I requested on Page 9. If the builder is busy, or still working on it then by all means let them continue, but based on the number of teams that came out today, I just wanted to check the status of it.
You guys are real saints for doing something like this, and the fact that it has taken so long only leads me to believe that it will be a great team.

Yeah it's no problem man I originally built a balanced build around the core you provided and I didn't enjoy it one bit lmfao. That's one of the main reasons this one in particular took awhile. Afterwards I sort of just figured I'm better off using this core on offense and not trying to accomplish some build I didn't feel comfortable using for that particular core. I think that's a lot of problems with some core building in general at times that I see from people who ask for help. People will as you said "over prioritize" elements that they shouldn't be prioritizing which puts a lot of restriction in thought process and can be draining at times. My advice is when building around a core take into consideration that the core itself doesn't have to be a central point but can also be an asset to the win condition or the concept of the build you want to emphasize as a whole. In the case of your core in particular I just used it as an asset for a M-Metagross sweep instead of using it as the sole focal point.

As far as this not being your playstyle that's fine as well. If you want a more balanced approach Hippowdon > Garchomp, Starmie > Latias, Bulky M-Scizor > M-Metagross, Sub CM Keldeo > Azumarill are some options off the top of my head that you can consider if you don't want the risky approach that this team displays in practice. I'd just focus on simplicity and not over thinking astroshagger, over thinking will get you nowhere so don't get distraught and try to learn what you can. That's the whole point of this thread, or at least in my eyes it is. Anyways good luck.
Yah I was 100% sure balance was the way to go at first but it ended up being so... ass ..lmao. It was one of those weird things were it sounded boss on paper but once I got on the ladder I kept encountering unexpected problems. Every time I corrected one weak point of this core a new hole opened up and I was beginning to get a bit annoyed that I couldn't make it work. I've definitely shifted the idea of this core from a primary focus to a secondary wincon and this thread + my testing helped me do that so thanks.

Reactions: AM

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Halcyon.

LOL dude the team you made me is gimmick lordsquad. Again, you have left me astounded with what you can do with some of strangest cores. I have some comments and changes with the team, but the changes need your assistance, in a way.

The Heliolisk set is weird. LO is fine, no need for an item swap. Surf and Grass knot seem so useless on it, I think Hidden Power Ice can replace one of the aforementioned moves and can help vs. the terrible Sceptile / fast 4x Ice weak dragons matchup. I'm giving it an HP number able to receive max Dry Skin recovery as well. Ever consider giving it some other coverage such as Focus Blast, or a support move such as Glare? If so, what was the compelling reason to forgo those options?

I also think Assault Vest can go on Torn to be a more solid Landorus-I check, and also, Knock Off messes with stall almost as much as Taunt does. AV Torn also gives a secondary Keldeo switch in which is lovely; Latias is so prone to Pursuit and Torn can easily U-turn out of a Keldeo-to-TTar double to regain the weather. Mixed AV maybe, or Standard AV? Suggest what you think is best man.

Without the Life Orb on Torn, I feel Sableye will be slightly more difficult to handle but I guess Politoed can PSong it. Speaking of Politoed, it desperately needs Rest. I feel that encore and Perish song are redundant, so I'm gonna drop Encore for Rest.

I'll post the revised version once these possible changes have been run by you. Thanks again man, you haven't disappointed me despite that you believe the team is gimmicky and shitty hahaha. It pleases me, tho! ;]

Last edited:
did this on mobile

ToWriteLove

hold my liquor (Dragonite) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hurricane
- Aqua Tail
- Thunder
- Earthquake

blood on the leaves (Kabutops) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Waterfall
- Low Kick

bound 2 (Klefki) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Rain Dance
- Toxic
- Foul Play

i am a god (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Frustration

guilt trip (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain

black skinhead (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave

Here's your offensive Rain team without Politoed. Brought back Mixed Rain Dragonite from BW for some surprise factor. Most assume Dragonite is holding a Choice Band or that it's a Dragon Dance variant. Most players will never assume that it's mixed which should give you a leg up on the opponent. It'll be well equipped to beat some of its checks like Skarmory, Azumarill, and Clefable. Kabutops doesn't need any explanation, it's a standard rain sweeper. Klefki doesn't need much explanation either, it's the Spikes and Rain Dance setter so it's important to keep it healthy enough to setup rain at least two times. Spikes is mainly to wear down problematic mon's like Venusaur, so Kabutops, Dragonite, or Lopunny can beat it. I added Lopunny because it's extremely fast and gives me another weapon (besides Kabutops) to disrupt offensive teams. It also beats Ferrothorn which is important for rain teams. Celebi for some mixed defense as well as Stealth Rock. Plus it covers a few defensive holes. Gengar acts as a spinblocker and stall breaker.

Creator of Chaos

transformation (Diancie) @ Diancite
EVs: 64 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Rock Polish

life is so excitin (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

for the love (Victini) @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

beauty (Celebi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot

louis vuitton (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 8 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

B.I.T.E (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

"M-Diancie provides the check to stuff such as Talonflame, M-Pinsir, and overall has a lot of firepower on it to beat Balanced builds as well as offensive threats such as Bisharp and Heatran with Earth Power while the other two moves are pretty standard. Scarf Keldeo acts as a more concrete revenge killer and helps mitigate the cores issue with M-Gyarados, M-Lopunny, and Gyarados a bit." Victini was added to weaken teams with it's powerful moves, it's CB gives it an extra boost to basically force opponents to eat a huge hit or sack a mon. It's also the teams main Venusaur / Amoonguss check. Landorus-T + Celebi is a decent defensive backbone that can handle most things. Hydreigon is another underrated threat and is even more dangerous when paired with Diancie and Keldeo. Because they're well equipped to beat all of Hydreigons checks / counters.

I would use Bolt Strike but ..

Mistaken

things done changed (Celebi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

ready to die (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

machine gun funk (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

gimme da loot (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

warning (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

big poppa (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

This team relies on Volt/Turn to gain the upper hand. Bisharp and Celebi were the mons in the core, since you chose a defensive Celebi I went with a balance route and added defensive Landorus-Therian. These two can cover many of the important threats. Celebi is Specially Defensive with Nasty Plot and Psychic because M-Venusaur is a bit of a pain for this team. Earth Power catches Heatran and Bisharp on the switch. I added Mega Mane because it's a great mon, it's pretty fast and has decent power with excellent coverage. I needed a wallbreaker to help Bisharp break down teams. There aren't many other ou mon's that are good as Keldeo at breaking down opposing walls, so it was a no-brainer. Azumarill was the final pokemon added and the team revolves around weakening the opponents team enough for Azumarill to BD & sweep.

Last edited:
Creator of Chaos

transformation (Diancie) @ Diancite
EVs: 64 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Rock Polish

life is so excitin (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Scald

for the love (Victini) @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

beauty (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot

louis vuitton (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

B.I.T.E (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

"M-Diancie provides the check to stuff such as Talonflame, M-Pinsir, and overall has a lot of firepower on it to beat Balanced builds as well as offensive threats such as Bisharp and Heatran with Earth Power while the other two moves are pretty standard. Scarf Keldeo acts as a more concrete revenge killer and helps mitigate the cores issue with M-Gyarados, M-Lopunny, and Gyarados a bit." Victini was added to weaken teams with it's powerful moves, it's CB gives it an extra boost to basically force opponents to eat a huge hit or sack a mon. It's also the teams main Venusaur / Amoonguss check. Landorus-T + Celebi is a decent defensive backbone that can handle most things. Hydreigon is another underrated threat and is even more dangerous when paired with Diancie and Keldeo. Because they're well equipped to beat all of Hydreigons checks / counters.

I would use Bolt Strike but ..
Thanks for the team Rob its greatly appreaciated and I love having a working Diancie team. Anyway Figured I would update you guys on how its going. Been a little more offensive based then Im used to (Its a good thing) but the team is working wonders so far. Nasty pass celebi + Diancie/Hydreigon is a godly combination. It win game's and wins them quickly if you play your cards right and a +2 on either is almost uncheckable. Scarf-Tar was proving a minor annoyance tho so I droped recover on celebi for T-wave and it done away with T-tar as well as easing prediction for me and letting me lure in stuff such as bisharp, Zards or Tran and cripling them thus making Diancie's job easier. In addition Victini has proven a great partner taking steel attacks and blowing holes back with V-Create whenever he gets in. Belly Azu and Volcarona do give me trouble but otherwise the team is solid and as I learn it I'll handle it better. Only weak link beleive it or not is keldeo. Im probably just using him wrong but Scarf-deo doesn't seem to have the power clean up teams or revenge the way I want it to so I may drop him later but for now I'll continue with him. Anyway thanks Guys I'll update again later

Karxrida

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
I know you like offense just from reading about your undying love for Bisharp so here's some offense with none other than Bisharp itself. I changed out Rotom-W for Keldeo so you have a Bisharp check on this team instead of just dying to +2 Bisharp and M-Scizor 100% of the time. Expert Belt on Keldeo is to bluff Choice items so take advantage of that or be typical and change it out. Lead Skarmory was put as a HO offensive Lead not weak to Pursuit Tar unlike Azelf and lets you stack up some hazards. Scarf Lando-T not too much to say other than it's your way to not get floored by every Talonflame in existence. Kyurem-B is just the set you provided really so not a whole lot to be explained there other than HP Fire more than likely being better so Ferrothorn isn't a pain, this would be replaced by Earth Power btw. Bullet Punch M-Metagross to improve your matchup against offense and foes such as Rock Polish M-Diancie, M-Aerodactyl, weakened targets, etc. Aerial Ace Bisharp is to lure Chesnaught and Keldeo which can more or less become problems if you let them get free turns all the time. If it was me personally and I had to change out a lot of stuff I would use Life Orb Kyurem-B instead as a more legitimate wall-breaker with 4 attacks such as Ice Beam, Fusion Bolt, HP Fire, Iron Head / Roost. There's a lot of room for variations on this team honestly but most of this worked pretty well during the testing phase so I guess it's a bit player dependent for what you want and how weak or strong you want certain match-ups to be. Make your own win-con is pretty much the design behind this one so again, feel free to experiment.

ErraticMagic

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog
Dual BD is kind of silly cause it makes you really dependent on setting up and the threats they break down is somewhat redundant. I kept it Choice Band Azumarill for immediate wall-breaking capabilities instead. Hippowdon is a solid glue for checking Talonflame, setting up rocks, lando-t, etc. Rock Slide over Stone Edge just for some consistency in accuracy mostly. ScarfTar is extremely basic and is used to break down the Latis which hinder BD Chesnaughts set up along with some base 110 speed tier mons like Gengar that can make setting up a burden. Specially Defensive Skarmory is for a more consistent M-Diancie check. You needed a secondary win condition to pair up with BD Chesnaught and BD Chesnaught can break down a lot of the checks that Mega Latias had so I went with two attacks Calm Mind Mega Latias. I didn't opt for Stored Power M-Latias because I think it's a set that emphasizes more preparation than should be necessary for a win condition. So pretty basic just apply enough pressure, try not to reveal your hand too early with Latias and Chesnaught and you should be good.

Invok3r

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Frustration
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
This is a pretty basic layout and what I would call "the boring version", as the other has AV Slowking, M-Manectric, Air Balloon Cobalion, and Reflect Type Latias but in the context of this thread I didn't want to put teams that are sort of difficult to use. If you want to try that out let me know and I can provide an import for that. Anyways my focus more or less was to use the core provided to help M-Altaria to clean up at the end late-game. ScarfTar is there once again for the sake of removing the Latis to enhance hazard stacking and help Heatran out a bit due to the lack of coverage against Roost / Recover variants of them. Starmie is mandatory Keldeo check paired along side M-Altaria. Shed Shell Ferrothorn is so the team isn't so Magnezone + M-Altaria / M-Diancie weak, which could be a problem if playing carelessly. Set hazards, wear down the checks and counters of the 2 set up sweepers of Lando-T + M-Altaria is the premise of this team. Play carefully around Lando-I + TTar Cores.

So that's basically it for now, different things can be changed around and as always open to interpretation so enjoy.
could you pass me the other version of the team it looks really fun

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So, I realize I spent a ton of time linking all those descriptions, but after thinking about it... It seems to me that direct linking the posts would save space because the amount of text used up in those descriptions necessitates multiple posts. An example is how boltsandbombers recently reformatted the Good Cores thread and now all the cores are in one post instead of like 4. Anyway I am just a lowly noob so this is nothing more than a thought that can be taken with however many grains of salt.

On a note more related to the actual teambuilds, I posted a request that hasn't been done yet. I'm not here to complain that it hasn't, but I'd like to know -- if nobody has begun to build with it, can I change my request? I notice another one of the cores on the same page used the same 2 pokemon (although slightly different roles) and also I've come upon a different core that I really enjoy but have had trouble building around. Let me know, thanks.

Reactions: zbr

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
could you pass me the other version of the team it looks really fun
I'll post a version of this in a hastebin under that team in a few minutes after I get some stuff settled.
So, I realize I spent a ton of time linking all those descriptions, but after thinking about it... It seems to me that direct linking the posts would save space because the amount of text used up in those descriptions necessitates multiple posts. An example is how boltsandbombers recently reformatted the Good Cores thread and now all the cores are in one post instead of like 4. Anyway I am just a lowly noob so this is nothing more than a thought that can be taken with however many grains of salt.

On a note more related to the actual teambuilds, I posted a request that hasn't been done yet. I'm not here to complain that it hasn't, but I'd like to know -- if nobody has begun to build with it, can I change my request? I notice another one of the cores on the same page used the same 2 pokemon (although slightly different roles) and also I've come upon a different core that I really enjoy but have had trouble building around. Let me know, thanks.
Being worked on, stay tuned.

Edit: Alternate version of Double Dance Lando-t + Power Herb Heatran on pg.12 now.

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Analytic

This core seemed really cool to me. I love Gengar and Mega Gyarados in this meta. Both put in so much work, and they absolutely tear balanced teams apart with only the smallest amount of support. Lopunny, Manectric, and AV Raikou immediately stood out to me as threats to the core, so I decided Hippo would be a nice partner. It provides SR, and takes some pressure off Gyarados to check Bisharp. Next, I thought Latios and Ferrothorn could get annoying, since my only way of dealing with it thus far was Gengar's Focus Blast and we all know how well that works out. SubToxic Jirachi has fallen out of style these days but it's still a really big pain for some teams. Next, I wanted spikes support since all my Pokemon so far force a ton of switches. Ferrothorn provides a secondary Lati check, a Gyarados check of my own, and gives me the spikes support I wanted. Finally, Latios patches up (as best we can in this meta) a Landorus, Keldeo, and Zard Y weakness, while also serving as a nuke in itself. Problems to the team include Mega Gallade, which gets up an SD and sweeps if I lose both speed ties, Zard Y + tar, since Hippo isn't really the best check to it, and Volcarona.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Substitute
- Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Roscoe's Wetsuit

I borrowed from ben gay a lot while building this team so thank you for the innovation and sorry if this looks like I ripped your team off :c Also sorry for making fun of you using AV Metagross...sorry friend :[[[[[. This core is not my usual style, but I liked it a lot. I especially like Toxicroak right now. I noticed Scizor and Talonflame would be troublesome for the core, so I thought a bulky water would fit in nicely. Suicune fit, and also checked some important stuff like Lopunny and Metagross. Garchomp provides Stealth Rock support, and wears things down with recoil damage in conjunction with Dragon Tail, hazards, and potentially Toxic. Lastly, Metagross, as weird as it may seem, is an essential Pursuit trapper. It comes in on Lati for free, traps them, and clears the way for the rest of the team. The team really struggles against electric types, namely Thundurus and Manectric, but CM Raikou is also a pain. Fortunately, Reuniclus can set up on them (bar NP Thundy, which is super good rn btw), but it doesn't like to switch in on repeated Volt Switches, and is an easily forced out Pokemon. Altaria can also check them, but again, taking mutiple HP Ices is not good for it at all. Also Kyurem-B is a nightmare to face, but considering most run Mild, Toxicroak can outspeed and Drain Punch, and Metagross can work as a check as well.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

MelinCantrit34

Went with a more offensive build with this core because I thought Ttar fit so well with Serperior and Mega Gyarados, and with half a team of offensive mons I felt it was the best direction to take the team. Tar traps Lati, but more importantly checks birds. I swear SD Talon gets more and more difficult to check each day, but luckily Scarf Tar still works well in that roll. Originally I had U-turn Landorus for extra momentum, which Serp loves, but I needed a SR setter and had to change it :c still, Landorus works really well with Ttar for obvious reasons and just breaks balance well in general. So to make up for the lack of U-turn and to also attempt to check opposing Landorus without having to rely on Gyarados, I added Tornadus-T. It's such a solid Pokemon in the meta, checking Keldeo and Landorus while also beating Scarf Tar. Finally, I needed more speed on the team, and while I don't usually like dual Scarf, I went with Scarf keldeo to sort of attempt to check Lopunny, Zard X, Gyarados, Bisharp, etc. The team is offensive, which means it doesn't really have switch-ins to much, but it can handle just about everything with proper play. Mega Manectric would be a really tough match up, since it outspeeds everything bar Keldeo, but honestly there's not much I can add to the team that beats it. Luckily Gyarados outspeeds at +1, but it's still a massive pain. Ttar can check it with pursuit, but you have to be careful.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 112 HP / 20 Atk / 152 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Last edited:
hey frens it's been a couple months & thus i am curious if this previously posted core is simply not viable or if it got lost amidst the creative shitstorm

Hello frens; fancy shop you've got here. I've got a request for something I was working on earlier. Lucario is, I think, still criminally underused considering how powerful he is. I like the idea of pairing him with M-Lop, the beast herself, because Luke targets & weakens the same physical walls, specifically targeting bulky psychics with boosted Crunch.

I figure Celebi helps by countering Scarf Keldeo, absorbing Mach Punches, and luring 'mons like Heatran for the other two to take advantage of. It also alleviates the pressure from most fairies, e.g. tanking a hit from M-Garde & putting it into kill range for the other two. Realistically idk how successful it'll be at passing the SD, so if you think Perish Song is more useful for the sake of always beating CM Fable & other boosters, please change the set.

I've used the PuP / encore set w/ Lopunny & it's really freaking good plus super fun to use. It annihilates late-game when that Slowbro is forced to Slack Off or whatever. I'd like it if you kept PuP Encore but I understand how good Fake Out is, too. Despite the two frail offensive powerhouses that are Luke + Loop, I'm actually looking for a kind of balanced squad with the versatility for different match-ups. Sorry I write a lot, and thank you immensely <3

-x-

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Encore
- Power-Up Punch

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed

Celebi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Recover
- Baton Pass
i'm p sure baton pass celebi doesn't, realistically, work here as the recipients are too frail to switch into most of celebi's hits; perhaps support celebi is wiser ?

alternatively i'm also looking into lefties gyarados + LO toxicroak which is kind of workingggg =]

Gustavo (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Alucard (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Poltergeist (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Side Thorn (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Papi (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Mr. Popo (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch
What people don't know about me is that just like yourself I'm also skilled in the art of nickname creation as you can see from the carefully chosen names provided for the team-mates outside of your core. Anyways it's just the basic core you provided with some EVs fixed and this is pretty basic if you're trying to get more accustomed to OU with the defensive backbone you have, Keld check in Starm with hazard removal, and the classic Char-Y + Ttar combo to break Balance. Char-Y is Timid so you can at least speed tie with M-Gardevoir while outpacing Manaphy and hitting it with Solarbeam. Starmie is mandatory Keldeo check, hazard removal, and status absorber, overall just a good glue to the team. There isn't too much else to say other than I put Defense > SpDef on Rotom-W so you have a more concrete check to Talonflame which can be a threat if pressured to much by Rocks and Ttar goes out for whatever reason. Teams M-Slowbro weak so maintain pressure against those builds.

[/quote]

Sorry, this is kind of a nitpick - but is there any reason you designated 0 Happiness for Char Y?

AM

LCPL Champion

Gustavo (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Alucard (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Poltergeist (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Side Thorn (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Papi (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Mr. Popo (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch
What people don't know about me is that just like yourself I'm also skilled in the art of nickname creation as you can see from the carefully chosen names provided for the team-mates outside of your core. Anyways it's just the basic core you provided with some EVs fixed and this is pretty basic if you're trying to get more accustomed to OU with the defensive backbone you have, Keld check in Starm with hazard removal, and the classic Char-Y + Ttar combo to break Balance. Char-Y is Timid so you can at least speed tie with M-Gardevoir while outpacing Manaphy and hitting it with Solarbeam. Starmie is mandatory Keldeo check, hazard removal, and status absorber, overall just a good glue to the team. There isn't too much else to say other than I put Defense > SpDef on Rotom-W so you have a more concrete check to Talonflame which can be a threat if pressured to much by Rocks and Ttar goes out for whatever reason. Teams M-Slowbro weak so maintain pressure against those builds.
Sorry, this is kind of a nitpick - but is there any reason you designated 0 Happiness for Char Y?
Uh yeah that was just a PS glitch or me using another mega like M-Altaria originally with Frustration. I'd like to think I'm not that cruel ._.

Thugly Duckling

Well this team is pretty shit but here it is!

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Perish Song

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Surf

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 Atk / 204 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

This is pretty much a .standard rain team with a random Heliolisk thrown in. VoltTurn core of Tornadus and Heliolisk makes it super easy to get Swampert in to mega evolve, which can sometimes be a problem otherwise. Politoed is obvious, sets rain, spreads toxic on stuff like Rotom-W, Encore and Perish Song for setup sweepers that think they're cheeky, though rest can be used over Perish Song if you really need it. Swampert checks lots of stuff for the team, mostly Raikou Talon and Thundurus. It's also the main power behind the team and a lure (if it even can be called that anymore ?_?) to Ferrothorn. Finally, Ferrothorn sets up rocks and checks dragons, while Latias gives HW support as well as checking Keldeo which just runs through the team without it! Jk Heliolisk 50/50s are super fun since Keldeo loves spamming Scald. Anyway this team is, again, really not that great. But it functions!
I feel that the team would be better if u put a nature on swampert.

AM

LCPL Champion
hey yal

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
Sorry for the very long wait man. Anyways here's an offensive build you wanted around the core you requested. Did a lot of test runs with different stuff and I enjoyed using this build the most. Healing Wish Garde for giving the offensive backbone of the team a second wind and a way to easily deter M-Sableye balanced builds. Went ahead and incorporated Crawdaunt as a wall-breaker to the team with priority to boot to break down various defensive cores. Icy Wind Gengar to help with Gliscors, Garchomps, and to help out the team with some speed control with Rocky Helmet Garchomp to alleviate the Talonflame issue I was having with the core. There's not a whole lot to really say other than to be careful with set up sweepers such as Dragon Dancers and to play carefully around M-Lopunny, Sand and Rain offense. You can also bump up the speed on Garchomp to 92 EVs to deter Jolly Bisharp so that's something you can consider doing also. As always various options to try out and play with so enjoy man.

hey yal

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
Sorry for the very long wait man. Anyways here's an offensive build you wanted around the core you requested. Did a lot of test runs with different stuff and I enjoyed using this build the most. Healing Wish Garde for giving the offensive backbone of the team a second wind and a way to easily deter M-Sableye balanced builds. Went ahead and incorporated Crawdaunt as a wall-breaker to the team with priority to boot to break down various defensive cores. Icy Wind Gengar to help with Gliscors, Garchomps, and to help out the team with some speed control with Rocky Helmet Garchomp to alleviate the Talonflame issue I was having with the core. There's not a whole lot to really say other than to be careful with set up sweepers such as Dragon Dancers and to play carefully around M-Lopunny, Sand and Rain offense. You can also bump up the speed on Garchomp to 92 EVs to deter Jolly Bisharp so that's something you can consider doing also. As always various options to try out and play with so enjoy man.
Can confirm, this is a legit team. It plays so smooth and with a little bit of prediction you can play around balance weather offense. Gardevoir + Hawlucha puts so much pressure on most of the OU meta and have good offensive synergy. The whole build works well together.

Quick fun replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-219525804

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Berling

I made this team a while back and it fits your core so here you go n_n. I wanted to pair Zard X with SD Gliscor, which sets up on Pokemon that wall Zard X like Hippowdon and Landorus-T. Latias supports the team by being a Water switch-in with Defog, but also Healing Wish to give my sweepers a second chance to do their job. Gyarados pairs well with Zard and Gliscor, checking Keldeo and Landorus, meaning I can use a physically defensive spread on Gliscor. It also has Taunt to help against stall teams and wear down stuff like Mega Slowbro (Healing Wish means I won't have to worry about getting burned). Scizor serves as a Fairy check and Lati switch-in. SD can be used if you want something more consistent, but I wanted the power from Banded BP more than the ability to set up. Pursuit trapping is also nice. Finally, I needed Stealth Rock, a secondary lati/fairy switch-in, and a Gyarados check, so Ferrothorn fit the bill. Problems with the team include a weakness to special Mega Altaria, which gives the team big problems unless you get a free switch into Scizor, which still only does like 70%, so you need to wear it down first. Mega Manectric can be problematic as well if you don't Mega Evolve Charizard soon, since Latias without Roost is easy to wear down.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 204 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

AM

LCPL Champion
Jin White

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
Talked to you with how you wanted a Toxi + Gyarados team so here it is. Just went the offensive route with this one cause I know I wanted to use stuff like Volcarona and try not to make another M-Altaria or Zard-X team lol. Pretty standard all out attacker set so not a whole lot to say I went max speed Volcarona for the sake of not playing the same old speed creep this, speed creep that game, until I realize teams Scarf Kyurem-B weak, so definitely keep that speed investment if you plan on using Volcarona. Lum Berry on it is for Klefkis and Thundurus who think Thunder Wave spamming is cool so got to reward their efforts with a nice hot Fire Blast to the face. Thunderbolt Latias for the bulky waters mostly you can run a bit more special attack if you want with the usual Healing Wish Defog shenanigans. Had Heal Block Latios originally to break down stall cores relying on recovery so there's that you just lose the Healing Wish aspect basically so try that out as well. STAB, Heal Block, Defog, was the set I was playing around with for Latios btw. Sash Chomp for the sake of getting rocks and getting to work. Had Pursuit M-Aero for weakened threats to pick off at them over Fire Fang so there's that but M-Gross is this huge threat and definitely want to be able to pick at it as much as possible. There's not a whole lot to say other than to maintain rocks so certain Dragon Dance sweepers don't floor you and to not be a wimp about taking some risks here and there. So hope you enjoy and open to hearing your thoughts later since you're good with those when using my teams, really anyone who can provide insight honestly. So there's that, change w/e and again enjoy.

P.S. Custap Destiny Bond Wobb hurts my emotions.

Last edited:
AM
Mega Aerodactyl normally runs 216 Speed Jolly to outspeed Mega Sceptile and Mega Lopunny, so did you choose max speed to tie other Mega Aerodactyl or Mega Alakazam? Also, what do the defense EVs on Gyarados do?
Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)