Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Graphical bug when Beedrill Mega Evoed it turned into an Aegislash backsprite :/
Stayed that way when it came back in later as well

People who spectate my matches keep asking me why I have 2 of "x" pokemon when I use megasablye, my own teampreview is fine, so it seems to just be the spectators. After testing it seems to always overide megasablye's sprite with the pokemon in the first team slot. It seems to be a consistent glitch.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
People who spectate my matches keep asking me why I have 2 of "x" pokemon when I use megasablye, my own teampreview is fine, so it seems to just be the spectators. After testing it seems to always overide megasablye's sprite with the pokemon in the first team slot. It seems to be a consistent glitch.
Could you provide more information as to when this happens, and maybe potentially a replay? Does it just happen in all matches in general, or any more specific ones? Do you run a Zoroark on your team (I'm imagining that you might be running a Monotype team with one for whatever reason)?

I read up on the bigger list of messed up sprites, and I guess it didn't matter.But... on the 17th, I was in a battle and suddenly, no matter whether I clicked on an attack or tried to switch, the words "your message was not posted because you were typing to fast" would show up in the chatbox (only visible to my client) I also couldn't log out (failure without any popups) or chat with anyone, either in battle, pms, or in a room lobby. The message just came up every time (except pms, which just showed nothing), I experimented with typing things out like ( I can't see my own text,etc) but I can confirm that they really weren't getting through as, not only did I get no response, but I also tried often enough to set off a boTTT if they had been. Eventually I force closed the web browser but the account remained logged in as well as the issue. I took a screenshot, but I saved it in the wrong format, so it just shows mostly blank space. The issue is fixed now... I'm unsure if it wore off over the night, or whether I fixed it by logging into a new account and then using /nick to go back.

I read up on the bigger list of messed up sprites, and I guess it didn't matter.But... on the 17th, I was in a battle and suddenly, no matter whether I clicked on an attack or tried to switch, the words "your message was not posted because you were typing to fast" would show up in the chatbox (only visible to my client) I also couldn't log out (failure without any popups) or chat with anyone, either in battle, pms, or in a room lobby. The message just came up every time (except pms, which just showed nothing), I experimented with typing things out like ( I can't see my own text,etc) but I can confirm that they really weren't getting through as, not only did I get no response, but I also tried often enough to set off a boTTT if they had been. Eventually I force closed the web browser but the account remained logged in as well as the issue. I took a screenshot, but I saved it in the wrong format, so it just shows mostly blank space. The issue is fixed now... I'm unsure if it wore off over the night, or whether I fixed it by logging into a new account and then using /nick to go back.
I'm fairly certain that was fixed since yesterday. However, if it ever happens again then try opening another browser or accessing PS from another device and PMing a global staff member. If they force-rename your main account then it should fix the issue. (It's happened to me on another server and that's how I've seemed to deal with it).

Hello, I found a weird random battle set for virizion on showdown. This is not necessarily a bug, but I didnt know where else to report it. Its attacks were: Calm mind, sub, leaf blade, stone edge. I am not sure if this was intentional but I found it weird having calm mind, sub, and then 2 physical attacks. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up!

Some friends and I were doing an ingame competition in Pokemon Crystal, and noticed the following when trying to fight our ingame teams:

Firstly, in 2nd gen, Pokemon with imperfect stat experience display stats in battle that are higher than their actual stats. For instance, the following Dewgong's in-battle stats:

and its stats in the teambuilder:

Could it be that the EVs put into teambuilder do not in fact correspond in any way to stat experience, which just gets automaxed? This seems consistent with the fact that the teambuilder will reject Pokemon with maxed EVs, even in 2nd gen. If so, it's a shame that there's no way to change that, albeit basically only for me. The only place I can imagine it being competitively relevant is Marowak, and in that case, players can just change the DV instead...

Also, it's possible that nobody but us cares about this, but the teambuilder rejects all kinds of legitimately obtainable underleveled evolved Pokemon. For instance, Rhydon can be found at level 35 in GSC Victory Road, but the teambuilder rejects such a Rhydon:

Finally, the Polkadot Bow, a GSC-exclusive item that boosts Normal-type moves by 12.5% (and is thus a strictly better Pink Bow, the Gen 2 Silk Scarf replacement) is not implemented, not that I can imagine many situations where one might want to use it.

Last edited:
Finally, the Polkadot Bow, a GSC-exclusive item that boosts Normal-type moves by 12.5% (and is thus a strictly better Pink Bow, the Gen 2 Silk Scarf replacement) is not implemented, not that I can imagine many situations where one might want to use it.
It is implemented, just doesn't appear in Team Builder. You need to use import/export feature to set item to Polkadot Bow. The same applies to Berserk Gene.

Some friends and I were doing an ingame competition in Pokemon Crystal, and noticed the following when trying to fight our ingame teams:

Firstly, in 2nd gen, Pokemon with imperfect stat experience display stats in battle that are higher than their actual stats. For instance, the following Dewgong's in-battle stats:

Could it be that the EVs put into teambuilder do not in fact correspond in any way to stat experience, which just gets automaxed? This seems consistent with the fact that the teambuilder will reject Pokemon with maxed EVs, even in 2nd gen. If so, it's a shame that there's no way to change that, albeit basically only for me. The only place I can imagine it being competitively relevant is Marowak, and in that case, players can just change the DV instead...
As i know, Evs exist since third gen. In gen GSC depends only on level and pokemon base stats.
The teambuilder is gen6-based. Due to this, stats don't correspond and you can set Evs parameter, which does not exist in GSC.

As i know, Evs exist since third gen. In gen GSC depends only on level and pokemon base stats.
The teambuilder is gen6-based. Due to this, stats don't correspond and you can set Evs parameter, which does not exist in GSC.
EVs do exist in Gen2. They were unsigned 16-bit values which mapped to Gen3+ stat values using square root function (max value of 65,535 maps to 255). There was no limit of these before Gen3, but EVs did exist.

Pikachuun

Hi there.

It seems there is a speed stat error. Please refer to playback: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-219787020 on turn 39 when nidoking somehow outsped an excadrill. Both were max speed with positive speed natures.

Thank you.
This depends on your Flygon's nature. If you were Hasty, then Jolly Rapid Spin would do enough (252 Atk Excadrill Rapid Spin vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Flygon: 31-37 (10.2 - 12.2%)); if you are not Hasty or any other Def dropping nature, Excadrill was Adamant. (252+ Atk Excadrill Rapid Spin vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 30-36 (9.9 - 11.9%) vs 252 Atk Excadrill Rapid Spin vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 28-33 (9.3 - 10.9%), the latter of which is just shy of 11%).

Very sorry I'm posting this here, but I couldn't see a better place to post it. With the smogon damage calculator, whenever I make a stat adjustment (such as someone having their speed lowered by one stage), the calculator does not adjust the pokemon's speed for this. Any way to fix it?

Pikachuun

Very sorry I'm posting this here, but I couldn't see a better place to post it. With the smogon damage calculator, whenever I make a stat adjustment (such as someone having their speed lowered by one stage), the calculator does not adjust the pokemon's speed for this. Any way to fix it?
There are some drop down tabs next to the corresponding stats, like the one where you select nature [Should be -- by default]. Click those and pick your stat buff/debuff stage.

EDIT: Potentially misunderstood question, if that doesn't work manually readjust it [change your base stat/evs until you hit the corresponding value]; it works fine on my end. If you're just talking about speed not being adjusted, most cases don't account for speed in damage calculation [Electro Ball works fine]

In addition to the spread move sprite bug (Rhyperior dies then its sprite reappears), there may also be an issue with speed calculation on a glitched sprite because the Mr. Mime on my side moved before the Scarf Chandelure also on my side. (I don't recall there being any instance of Trick Room, and Mr. Mime doesn't get Trace so it can't have Traced Swift Swim). I am assuming I missed something but I can't think of another explanation.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomdoublesbattle-219904620

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-219939423
''
When a Pokémon with Sap Sipper is hit by a grass-type move, its attack is increased by one stage, and the move will have no effect on that Pokémon.

Multi-hit moves, such as Bullet seed, will only increase the Pokémon's Attack once. Aromatherapy will not activate Sap Sipper.'' -Bulbapedia

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-219939423
proof of it activating
this must be a bug right ?
''
+Hawkstar: that's a bug
+Merritty: Ok
+Hawkstar: aromatherapy should not trigger sap sipper''
just to make clear of this it's stated that this move should not trigger it ,yet it does in here the deer was a sap sipper scarfed deerling with aromatherapy.

never seen this happen before but a battle was listed in the room list

and clicking it gave me the message "The room 'drakeorangeisvsishtaria' does not exist."

Not 100% sure this is a bug but it sure seems like it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hiddentype-220158020

I woke up from being asleep (I had been afflicted by Nightmare) and was put back to sleep on the same turn. The effect of Nightmare continued.

Veekun is unclear on this matter, and Bulbapedia says the effect continues if the Pokemon is woken up by an item, which it was not in this case.

Is it a bug?

never seen this happen before but a battle was listed in the room list

and clicking it gave me the message "The room 'drakeorangeisvsishtaria' does not exist."
Has been fixed.

Not 100% sure this is a bug but it sure seems like it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hiddentype-220158020

I woke up from being asleep (I had been afflicted by Nightmare) and was put back to sleep on the same turn. The effect of Nightmare continued.

Veekun is unclear on this matter, and Bulbapedia says the effect continues if the Pokemon is woken up by an item, which it was not in this case.

Is it a bug?
Fixed on next restart/update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)