Multifaction/FFA Dragon Mafia Game Over: Norwegian Ridgebacks, Tiamat, Paperblade, Walrein, and moi win

Ullar actually I was being pretty truthful about voting with you at the time because I believed wholeheartedly that zorbees was my anti-neutral (idk why I made the jump from "zorbees is working with Walrein" to "zorbees is the guy that needs to kill me" so quickly) but then day rolled around and UncleSam was like "lol that wasn't even zorbees" so I just let you get lynched sorry :(

You were my enemy anyway :)

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
WHAAAAAAT?! I... I died? GUYS! You needlessly extended the game by 1 day by doing that >:(! The only thing that happened was I didn't win with you guys.... Y U DO THIS?! ALL OF YOU WOULD'VE STILL WON!! Was it my attitude, which BTW DIDN'T EVEN SHOW until AFTER THE GAME WAS ALREADY CALLED??!! You gained literally NOTHING from this, except a new enemy in the next game I play. I will take you all down.

...I'm not salty. I'm not salty at all.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No Pokeguy it had nothing to do with that; basically we thought Spiffy had a BPV when he didn't due to Gale's inspection and so it was either you or Cowbell that was going to win (so we thought); honestly we still put you on spiffy and you would've won except for von's weird priority system which meant that even though you had the higher priority kill than Cowbell he still killed you first because kills also hook I guess.

So if you want to make anyone an enemy next game make it von since his priority system is the thing that screwed you (as well as the endgame stipulations).

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Skewed priority? I lost because of skewed priority?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHRR-

(TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, HANG IN THERE WHILE WE REMOVE SALT FROM THE COMPUTER SYSTEM)

Step 1) Obtain air spray.

Step 2) Aim air spray at keyboard like so:

Step 3) Proceed to realize the futility of your efforts to clean your computer.

Step 4) Turn keyboard into a marijuana growing farm:

Step 5) Smoke weed like Putin:

Yeah what was that really? That Dildo confused us? Von totally helping Spiffy out @_@ (jk)

And, as I said. Dedicating my win to US, thanks a lot bro for being an awesome leader ^_^

I did a lot of blunders with Fake Claims lol, being neutral was f'in difficult. An experience of a life time I guess.
I thought Scum = bad guys who work in a group and definitely didn't think about lone wolf scenarios.

Though this was definitely a fun experience. Sorry to everyone I lied. It was a pain lying to some of you guys. Especially US, Celever, MC, Moi, Millky, PokeguyNXB, Spiffy and Zorbees. Although some of you lied to me too, so its kind of even.

I really tried faking my role, but I super sucked at it. I did try to mole and was okayish on it, that failed later on. A lot to learn I suppose.

GG guys, I had a lot of fun.

And finally, thanks for the game Von. I know I was a disappointing Wolf, but I would be better prepared the next time ;)

UncleSam

Leading this village
The game was pretty well balanced zorbees though it certainly helped that Ridgebacks had the best roles overall and the weakest wolf to contend with.

Honestly the game was just really snowbally due to the size of the player list and the number of compatible players.

Additionally I don't think the role distribution difference was particularly noteworthy; the Ridgebacks could've had much weaker roles and still won handily. The difference laid in organization, proactive negotiations and taking advantage of the win condition structures.

Theres a difference between fair and balanced. Each team may have had an equal chance of victory at the start (though me and moi got the best possible odds, the wolves got fucked over), but it got out of hand way too fast.
When the majority of all the teams (hence all the night kills and the lynch) can agree on targets, there's no balancing mechanism to the game. Minor decisions that are made early snowball. Slight edges in win conditions (moi being able to survive, paperblade having an easy wc) and player mentality (opting to claim to a leader or not) throws balance out the window.

If a game is snowbally, it is not balanced. I would have thought a physics major could have made sense of that.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Honestly I would call a game that is snowbally more balanced than fair; and yes I think that snowbally has nothing to do with game balance.

At the same time I do think that it being snowbally is somewhat unfair to certain people who get fucked over by early game decisions.

That being said I completely disagree that people refusing to do things Night 0 and getting fucked over for it is a fault of game design. If you refuse to play the game for the first cycle prepare to fall behind and possibly lose as a result of it.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
billymills zorbees
If you'd listened to immediately when I joined you'd know the postgame wasn't about how the game was balanced, but why it wasn't. It was balanced around factional play, only there was none. Why is the important question. And it was probably that small player size meant it snowballed too quick and people being discouraged by their ANDs when they had a choice.

PokeguyNXB UncleSam
Priority had nothing to do with it. He lost because Spiffy tricked you into thinking he had one more BPV. I'm damn certain that kills hooking is all but ubiquitous in smog mafia, and I don't know why the concept of action logic as opposed to action priorities flies over over so many heads.

I can't wait for the next game to begin. Please someone host the next game as soon as possible ^_^

I also felt that the Items control was something that could be worked on. If this game was a big one, Spiffy would have been a Kazavon in real life resurrected from the dead.

Spiffy's Dildo @_@
Oh btw according to the lore, since we killed Kazavon itg, can we call ourselves a group of heroes ^_^

vonFiedler,

I have a question though, why didn't my inspection of Kazavon aka Spiffy on N0, reveal this part of his Role PM?
Though this is not a night action, anyone who knows you started with it would probably know you are Kazavon. So I have given you another item as well.

You know that none of the Norwegian Ridgebacks want you dead, but they have little reason to help you either. You could mole them by claiming to be the Grigori (from Dragon’s Dogma), and you know that they don’t have a Bodyguard, Inspector, or Thief. Claim other roles at your own risk.
And about the Dildo item, the info says:
I just, I don’t even know man. This doesn’t actually do anything, but if you send it to another player and include a fake ability, I will pretend that the item has this ability even if it ends up in the discard pile.
So the item had to be sent to someone, to be activated? I am assuming that sending to another player = being inspected to have that item. But its funny how Spiffy thought of it to be a BPV, I mean the flavor didn't match and it was kind of weird and all, lol.

The dildo did screw us up, ha ha ... Well played Spiffy :P

Edit: In hindsight, that part of the role pm didn't matter. Although, I am wondering if inspection of wolves don't give full info.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pretty common sense snips tbh. Inspectors didn't really need to have that moling info. I snipped the same stuff when Laurel flipped.

The Dragon Dildo would have activated no matter how the item got exposed, except that the game was over so whatever, might as well show exactly what it was.

Pretty common sense snips tbh. Inspectors didn't really need to have that moling info. I snipped the same stuff when Laurel flipped.

The Dragon Dildo would have activated no matter how the item got exposed, except that the game was over so whatever, might as well show exactly what it was.
Oh cool thanks, so Moling Info would not be revealed by inspection. That is pretty neat.
Although, considering moles could be easily caught itg anyways, It really didn't matter much. Just wanted to know for clarity, thats it. So Cheers ^_^

I think I am better of being town for a while, don't you guys think? Ha ha

I think we should make a zorbees thread deletion countdown timer lmao

Also y did u kill me D:
I think PB hit you Sunny. Idk who Meteor Smashes, its probably him. Though we needed you gone because you were spreading that awful sickness and were trying to make Kazavon win +_+

Spiffy was powerful on his own and if you two were alive till now, GG the other way.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
seeing as you killed Kazavon, you now have to deal with AASHAQ THE ANNIHILATOR

BITCH WHY WASN'T AASHAQ IN HERE

OR A SINGLE KOBOLD FOR THAT MATTER

btw fuck Laurel again

I just noticed I could have gone for a win through my OR condition by offing Tiamat (so Gale) the moment I got the position of faction leader; I could have sent myself to kill, preventing Gale and UncleSam from winning. Luckily for you two, I'm nice.

Also, I noticed today marks my 5th Smogon anniversary. I don't even know what I've done around here all that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)